Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Seonyx
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Seonyx
By Bahamut.Seonyx 2022-08-19 06:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghatjot seems to enable pain sync on any move whenever he is hit with water attacks. Your inital sc of savage fudo leaden was distortion and dark, which almost certainly healed it a lot, and enabled pain sync for however long. Also worth noting, you state shard and plate, plate is for operating the device, Metal is what provides additional protection from Boss attacks.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-19 06:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Matsui: Also, we've heard a lot of people say that it's been crowded since it opened.

Fujito: While taking measures that can be implemented immediately, we are continuing to consider whether we can take other effective measures.

Matsui: The initial congestion is likely to be longer than expected, so we will consider adjusting the specifications, so please give us your time.

Keep bitching (on the OF) so they continue to notice.
 Hades.Schalac
Server: Hades
user: Schalac
By Hades.Schalac 2022-08-19 07:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. We did not have a metal.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2022-08-19 07:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bitching on the OF will just mean more wait before we can enter anyways, just wait until the free loaders are gone and see. Free Login shouldnt have had access this week anyway with new content that's just stupid.
1 way to help I guess is to put a 2-3 man demand on entry like Delve, for awhile.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-08-19 07:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If people *** and moan about wait times they will fix it alright, they will fix it by increasing the wait time between entries to reduce the demand in a force-able way.

We went through this not long ago.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-19 07:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They're going to anyway. May as well accept it and expedite it.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-08-19 08:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caesir said: »
Hello, can you tell me what other NMs have you defeat in that run?
It is now comfirmed that after killing all the 4 NMs in different zones will pop the Aurum chest. But from your screenshot, it seems you had only killed the porxie NM in Area B

*Edit: The NMs I mean are leech and porxie etc., not the zone bosses :x
I did kill other NMs from A C D, Porxie was the last of it
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-08-19 09:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
1 way to help I guess is to put a 2-3 man demand on entry like Delve, for awhile.

*** no. Don't inflict Asura problems on everyone else.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-19 09:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Twice now the instance froze a few minutes after I started hecteyes, similar situation to others? My HP kept going down but nothing was moving and no commands were taking place.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-08-19 09:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I've accepted that it will always be 1-2+ hours wait for me on Asura, as long as the instance is stable and I don't crash inside, that's all I care about, I don't care how long I gotta wait.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-08-19 09:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how people keep saying Asura problem, when the reality is the Dev's will only listen to the JP community and not the NA one, and they are primarily on Odin.

Suck it up small servers, something will change and you will have to deal with it
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-19 09:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
I love how people keep saying Asura problem, when the reality is the Dev's will only listen to the JP community and not the NA one, and they are primarily on Odin.

Suck it up small servers, something will change and you will have to deal with it

But but, they might have to play with real people then instead of their five imaginary friends.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-19 09:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »

During JP prime last night my server saw hr+ wait times. A lot of our server's JP community like doing things solo. Maybe we'll see a 3~18 update sometime soon-ish to force shorter waits.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-19 09:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolute fact, it will be (should've started as) 3 minimum

And won't ever be reverted.

And not because it's a good choice, because it's the only answer they're capable of.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-08-19 09:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The Asura hate is really just reflective of SE's poor design. Everything that isn't instanced is bottlenecked somewhere, and instances are not properly scalable (or even fully functional). It's one thing to not want to play on Asura, but this level of service is pathetic for a subscription game and Asurans still shouldn't have to suffer with it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Fruitcups
Server: Phoenix
user: Iceflair
By Phoenix.Fruitcups 2022-08-19 09:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Concerning these two objectives below: Both of our runs provided the same result.

3/7 - Shard #B - Magic Kills Opposite Element Kills? (Fuzzy on exact conditions.)
4/7 - Metal #B - Magic Kills Weak Element? Dupe again? (Fuzzy on exact conditions.)

For #3 We did light skill chains on umbrils and magic burst with fire damage, after 5 kills we got a box/shard.
For #4 We killed elementals using SC/MB to there weakness element and got the box after 5 kills/metal.
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-08-19 10:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Everything that isn't instanced is bottlenecked somewhere, and instances are not properly scalable (or even fully functional). It's one thing to not want to play on Asura, but this level of service is pathetic for a paid game and Asurans still shouldn't have to suffer with it.

I've sent mules to Asura several times and I'm always amazed at how much faster the auction house and delivery box run compared to Valefor, and how much faster inventories load. It definitely seems as if they've put extra attention into making sure certain areas of performance work better on Asura. It's a shame they couldn't do the same for whatever they used to setup instances.

It doesn't help XI much, but you can definitely see a lot of these issues we deal with that they fixed when implementing similar ideas in XIV.
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2022-08-19 10:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they don't put a 3 man minimum on Sortie. I was having fun soloing it and trying things out, and not needing to wait for other people. I have done enough waiting on statics with Odyssey, this has been a refreshing change. I've been doing it on ninja, but I'm actually excited to see what shenanigans I can get up to with occult acumen blm skillchains or cataclysm cleaving and also scholar soloing.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-19 10:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Since the currency is now Muffins..

I propose the Macuil be Le-Shawn :D
 Asura.Schroe
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-08-19 10:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bepe said: »
I hope they don't put a 3 man minimum on Sortie. I was having fun soloing it and trying things out, and not needing to wait for other people. I have done enough waiting on statics with Odyssey, this has been a refreshing change. I've been doing it on ninja, but I'm actually excited to see what shenanigans I can get up to with occult acumen blm skillchains or cataclysm cleaving and also scholar soloing.

Having fun on RDM with skillchain/bursts hybrid shenanigans. BLM seems like it will be just fine in any pickup group or low man/solo.
By Heghmoh 2022-08-19 11:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone figured out the “magic objectives” in area A? My RDM can hit 25k + nukes with a geo bubble out. But I have had 0 luck. I cycled through all elements for killing bows today and nothing. Have tried bursted, non-bursted, etc
By Heghmoh 2022-08-19 11:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fruitcups said: »
Concerning these two objectives below: Both of our runs provided the same result.

3/7 - Shard #B - Magic Kills Opposite Element Kills? (Fuzzy on exact conditions.)
4/7 - Metal #B - Magic Kills Weak Element? Dupe again? (Fuzzy on exact conditions.)

For #3 We did light skill chains on umbrils and magic burst with fire damage, after 5 kills we got a box/shard.
For #4 We killed elementals using SC/MB to there weakness element and got the box after 5 kills/metal.

I was fighting an ice elemental and managed to pop two chests at once by killing with a fusion SC. So elemental skillchain damage may also apply (not just cast magic)
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-08-19 11:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Heghmoh said: »
Has anyone figured out the “magic objectives” in area A? My RDM can hit 25k + nukes with a geo bubble out. But I have had 0 luck. Have had 0 lick. I cycled through all elements for killing bows today and nothing. Have tried bursted, non-bursted, etc

I don't know. We went in last night following bg-wiki to the letter and hit -zero- of those 10k kill objectives. Tried closing SCs, Aeolian Edging for 15-17k, nothing.

wtb reliable Sortie info
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-08-19 11:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to stun A boss for 10+ seconds (sudden lunge) on my semi geared blu so could be useful for some groups.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-08-19 11:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aquatiq said: »
Has anyone figured out the “magic objectives” in area A? My RDM can hit 25k + nukes with a geo bubble out. But I have had 0 luck. Have had 0 lick. I cycled through all elements for killing bows today and nothing. Have tried bursted, non-bursted, etc

I don't know. We went in last night following bg-wiki to the letter and hit -zero- of those 10k kill objectives. Tried closing SCs, Aeolian Edging for 15-17k, nothing.

wtb reliable Sortie info

You have to do only magic spells from 100 to 0. Sch sc magic burst works
(didnt burst kill but took most hp with a big fire burst then finished with fire 4 /5 non burst) but blu aoe is best by far. Don't use phy (havent tested magic ws without meleeing them)

I've done this method 3 times and get both chests in 10-12 kills.
[+]
 Bahamut.Skald
Server: Bahamut
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2022-08-19 12:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I can only say our first two runs with random jobs for clears tried similar things without luck. Last night's run went in with the intention of following Weew's notes and brought a BLM. Did not touch acuex's with anything but magic dmg, both "magic" objectives (and the 5(?) kills objective) were cleared in the 4 southern rooms on map 1.

Regarding the Porxie, from what I can see posted here some have noted no success when not having performed a skillchain. We did in fact execute savage >> last stand to bring its hp down to 8% and a killshot free nuke for success. In a previous run we had killed it with a rudras >> darkness without success although to my recollection the closing ws+sc was performed at about 30% health. For whatever that's worth.
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-08-19 12:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »

wtb reliable Sortie info

(didnt burst kill but took most hp with a big fire burst then finished with fire 4 /5 non burst) but blu aoe is best by far. Don't use phy (havent tested magic ws without meleeing them)

I am very inclined to try this next run, I've been saying this in my own circles a few times but was ignored, and we didn't get objectives while doing physical damage and we tried all the elements. I've also added it to the wiki until disproven as in 3 runs with any phys dmg these are the only 2 objectives I couldn't ever get. Might try solo sch at some point if I can't find a group to try it >.<
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2022-08-19 12:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »

I mentioned this to my ls this morning. Last night we took a somewhat undergeared BLU as our magic-dd so that he could get the clear for the job. When he was struggling to do damage, the melee chars would tp down the mobs to <10% to let him do the killing blow with a spell. Never got the magic obj chests.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 144 145 146