New Character Development System: Master Level.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Character Development System: Master Level.
New Character Development System: Master Level.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2021-11-14 12:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Apex Idle Drifter (139): 1384 evasion
Apex Idle Drifter (140): 1423 evasion
Apex Idle Drifter (141): 1462 evasion
Apex Idle Drifter (142): 1502 evasion

142: ~1450 defense

Apex Archaic Cog (143): 1473 evasion
Apex Archaic Cog (144): 1512 evasion
Apex Archaic Cog (145): 1551 evasion
Apex Archaic Cogs (146): 1590 evasion
Apex Archaic Cogs (147): 1628 evasion

147: ~1800 defense

Thanks, I updated the Apex Camps post to have this info. Looks like mobs start getting +38~40 evasion after 139.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-14 14:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
Ragnarok.Trixi said: »
I really don't see the issue with Composure being usable.

50 ACC and EnSpell dmg+ for a well geared DD doesn't seem temping enough to /RDM versus the usual.

It would be a nice perk for mages, and maybe really nice for BLU?

It's a stance and one of the few things keeping jobs feeling unique at all. Do you really want this to turn into the bland *** ***XIV feels like, where every job is just a palette swap?

Yeah but samurai's stance abilities are not as restricted when subbed, even usable. They could have simply nerfed the stance moves in a similar way they did with Hasso, instead of deactivating it altogether. Of course that would have taken proper testing and they probably didn't care to do all of that.
By Nariont 2021-11-14 15:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hasso/Seigan and light/dark arts seem to be the exception as the former was to balance 2 handers back when DWing was the way to go, and the latter was something they had planned from its debut, every other stance ability has been locked to the main job.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-14 16:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, on second thought, RUN/RDM with Composure could keep up Embolden Phalanx permanently, which would be kind of gamechanging.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-14 16:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Merely a convenience not game altering enough to warrant the special restriction

But being convenient IS the primary reason so many arbitrary decisions are decided the way the are.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-14 16:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's more than just a convenience for RUN since they can't keep it up 100% normally.

It's not something I'd prevent Composure from being usable over, but it feels like something SE might object to.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-14 17:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering how tecnically you can already do that with a RDM in your pt casting Phalanx2 on you when you're wearing Phalanx gear and have Embolden Up, doesn't really seem like reason enough to warrant for the restriction.

I think it's more for other jobs, like SCH maybe?
They don't want SCH to have ~22mins Embrava on themselves... ungh, doesn't sound game breaking.

I think it's more about the 3x duration self buffs style that they think is defining of the RDM job and don't want other jobs to be able to do that. Not much for game balance but more for "style" or something like that.
It's objectable but if that's their reasoning I guess it sorta does make sense. Regrettably so, alas.
By Mattelot 2021-11-14 18:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it true that the new apex mobs do not give CP?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-11-14 18:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They do.

If you are already 500/500 you won't get any.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-11-14 18:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok. Someone said they did not but that didn't sound right. Do they give quite a bit compared to bats?
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-14 18:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »

In my last party, the healer was working on mastering their job. They said we were getting 13.7m/hr on Wanderers.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-14 18:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Considering how tecnically you can already do that with a RDM in your pt casting Phalanx2 on you when you're wearing Phalanx gear and have Embolden Up, doesn't really seem like reason enough to warrant for the restriction.
You sure? Last I checked it was much longer than native Phalanx, but still not long enough

Embolden with maxed cape makes duration take a -35% hit, and Embolden has a 10 minute cooldown, so the RDM would need Duration +424%, and I don't think that's possible for spells cast on others even with all the boosts.

It should be doable with Naturalist's roll, but that's a much less common situation.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-14 18:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
Mattelot said: »

In my last party, the healer was working on mastering their job. They said we were getting 13.7m/hr on Wanderers.

I was getting about 37k per kill before chain bonus multiplier and Corsair's Roll in Promyvion Vahzl
 Sylph.Excalin
Server: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-11-14 18:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone noticed if M Level effects EP gain? I started gathering Data on EP Vs Mob Lvl yesterday, and then decided to do some more today...and I am coming up with lower numbers today than yesterday or even right after patch. Right after patch obviously ML0, but swear same Mlvl today and yesterday (Mlvl17). About to get an another ML0 job and check it again.
By Chimerawizard 2021-11-14 18:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

it should drop based on diffrence in iLv. 5 ML=iLv.+1.
Only a difference of 4 levels max, so not going to see a massive change on the lv.140+ mobs, probably quite noticeable on mobs in gates 2 zones though.
edit: ML20=123 & ML0=119, idk how i got 5.
 Sylph.Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-11-14 19:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
it should drop based on diffrence in iLv. 5 ML=iLv.+1.
Only a difference of 5 levels max, so not going to see a massive change on the lv.140+ mobs, probably quite noticeable on mobs in gates 2 zones though.

Looks like it scales +20 EP per a lvl pretty consistently on APEX 125-147. assuming my previous numbers were ML0 than ML15-19 was a 40 EP linear drop.

edit: Yesterday was ML7 blue, so ML 7 to 17 was 40 EP difference

At ML0:
125 - 220 EP
147 - 660 EP
This is in increments of 20 per Mob Level.

each SJ +1 is linearly dropping the EP by 20...aka 1 Mob level worth of EP.
 Sylph.Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-11-14 20:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Highlighted is the Current APEX Mob Levels and Player ML ranges for EP. The rest is best guess on what everything will look like in the future based on current data patterns.

If Image doesn't work click on link.

EP table

edit: Fixed Image per Eiryl's help.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-14 20:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

No one but you can do that if you post it that way.

Edit; Now that there's a link it's fine.
 Sylph.Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-11-14 20:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
No one but you can do that if you post it that way.

Not sure how to fix it
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-14 20:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Zubis 2021-11-14 21:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Good table.

That basically kills off the Dho Gates farmers by ML65/SJ60 ish?
At that point it would be better to cleave non Apex mobs.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-11-14 21:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just fight the higher level mobs, there are thousands of them in the promy zones.
By Vaerix 2021-11-15 00:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubis said: »
Good table.

Until they start cleaving other people's mlevels for money. They have 65 master levels they can get for people, money abounds.
 Sylph.Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-11-15 00:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
Good table.

Until they start cleaving other people's mlevels for money. They have 65 master levels they can get for people, money abounds.

Set up a Good Cleaving Pld, Brd that can Cleave, Rdm that can Cleave and a Geo....can probably have two spaces for carries on 142-147 Cogs. Can probably sync to the 99/M0 and service CP and EP in one set up dependent on customer needs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-15 01:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
You sure? Last I checked it was much longer than native Phalanx, but still not long enough
Last I tried (which is some time ago, but no new gear has been released that I know of) I was like what, 30 seconds off? Or something like that.

In your math I think you're forgetting Runefencer has like ~10% more duration for Enhancing Magic received (regardless of the caster).

I could be wrong eh! Been a while, but I seem to recall it was just a matter of a bunch of seconds like I mentioned, so while strictly not fully what we were talking about, realistically it's pretty much the same with such a small difference.
By SimonSes 2021-11-15 03:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Excalin said: »
Vaerix said: »
Good table.

Set up a Good Cleaving Pld, Brd that can Cleave, Rdm that can Cleave and a Geo....can probably have two spaces for carries on 142-147 Cogs. Can probably sync to the 99/M0 and service CP and EP in one set up dependent on customer needs.

I doubt you will be able to cleave any cogs when at high Mlevels it will be one of the most desired camp. Also if you do it normal way you have place for 2 groups in one wing, when you cleave everything you don't and if you cleave you will lose chains after almost every pull or every 2 pulls, loosing tons of EP. Essentially killing one by one and keeping the chain going is probably as efficient as cleaving, but you have room for 2 groups then, instead of one.

Ofc its possible they will add more camps somewhere when we reach higher Mlevels and will require higher ilvl mobs to get EP.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-15 03:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty confident their plan is to add more camps with each patch where they unlock a higher cap of Master Level.
Or am I being too naively optimistic here?
By SimonSes 2021-11-15 03:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how to lvl sync to Mlvl? I tried level syncing to 99(15Mlvl) char and it looked like I instead lvlsynced to 99, because I started dying very fast XD
By RadialArcana 2021-11-15 04:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Excalin said: »

Highlighted is the Current APEX Mob Levels and Player ML ranges for EP. The rest is best guess on what everything will look like in the future based on current data patterns.

If Image doesn't work click on link.

EP table

edit: Fixed Image per Eiryl's help.

So this is a kind of nerf to the XP sellers, it's not a huge deal right now but it will start to be in coming updates.

It's impossible to sell XP and not have your Mlevel directly nerf all the buyers XP drastically.

All the XP bots are going to be +20, so not only do they get the lower XP rates but everyone below them get an even bigger cut to theirs. It will take 1/3 longer with them now.
By SimonSes 2021-11-15 04:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvm looks like Mlvl sync working well. I was dying because lvl sync strips all the buffs. So people selling at lower lvl Apex can just easily have one char at mlvl 0-10 and sync to that. I guess it will be annoying for them, but doable.

Actually I cant even imagine this grind without lvl syncing to low Mlvl. Imagine group of Mlvl95, even against 162lvl Apex you will only get as much as for 143Apex now, but will probably need to get like 700k EP per Mlevel. Now how to even hit lv162 Apex, when it will require like 2100 accuracy. You can probably hit that applying all accuracy buffs/debuffs by sacrificing every other buff/debuff, but then you dont have enough macc to magic WS it and you dont have enough attack to physical WS it fast. So you will kill it super slow, like maybe getting 10k EP per hour? So 70 hours to get one Mlvl? Kinda bad. Now if you sync to Mlvl0-20 or something you will be able to kill 140+ Apex killing fast and getting same EP per mob. MlevelSync meta imo.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21