Job Adjustments And Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)
Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-21 05:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Part II of our job adjustments and additions preview invites to center stage beastmasters and summoners, Vana'diel's wielders of animalistic and avatarial might!

Summoner

A new ability will be added for summoners, and with it, a brand new way for these masters of forbidden magic to lend their powers to party battles.

Avatar's Favor (Lv.55 Recast Time: 5 minutes Duration: 2 hours)
Channels the avatar's power towards a beneficial status effect for party members within range. Reduces perpetuation cost while active.

User submitted image

By summoning an avatar while this ability is active, a corresponding beneficial effect from above table will be granted to all party members within range of the avatar. The effect's potency will gradually increase until the avatar is released, and at its peak, can be expected to reach levels equal to those granted by the corsair's lucky number roll.
While multiple favors of the same variety will not be stackable, a single party can benefit from as many types as there are summoners. Furthermore, enhancements received through this ability can be used in conjunction with those received via magic spells, songs, the Phantom Roll ability, and so forth.

Beastmaster

Adjustments and additions have been scheduled that will greatly enhance the effectiveness of pets called forth via the "Call Beast" ability.

- New Pet Command: "Ready"
When in control of a pet called forth via the "Call Beast" ability, the pet command "Sic" will be replaced with "Ready." By fulfilling the following conditions, "Ready" will allow you to select a specific ability for the pet to use from its arsenal.
* The pet's TP is at 100% or more.
* Sufficient charges have accumulated for the ability you wish to use.

- Charges
Regardless of the beastmaster's level, one charge will accumulate for every two minutes after a pet has been called, up to a maximum of three. The amount of charges required will vary depending on ability.

Example: Funguar Familiar

User submitted image

We will continue to observe the beastmaster job following the release of the November version update, and as necessary, make adjustments to special abilities and calling items for each pet.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/4975/detail.html

- no new summons for SMN, but tbh i would love to experience the new buffs from them, it sounds pretty good and especially the refresh part (because everyone is a crybaby for MP)

- for BST... well not something big but finally a lot more control over their called pets and this is not to underestimate. You can finally be very valueable in dyna, since you can now select AoE-debuffs from your pets or single target damage

- Seems they are not done with BST yet. SE seems to keep their rights to nerf anything after the update they haven't taken into account so far >.>
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-10-21 05:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

lol we posted together xD

rofl
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-21 05:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

r u serious? XD
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-10-21 05:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

aye lmao, moderator has to delete one me thinks.
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-21 05:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL it is a 8 second difference XD
 Garuda.Shizukat
Server: Garuda
user: Shizukat
By Garuda.Shizukat 2009-10-21 05:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally a better use for Jug Pets =^.^=

I'd imagine that jug pets like Cactuars will become a whole lot more popular now.

I was hoping for a somewhat better update for SMN however. Like dualcasting Avatar+Elemental, or more elemental control.
But I guess Diabolo's and Carbuncle's Favor wil not go unnoticed. It's indeed a good way to make SMN keep their avatars out more often.
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-21 05:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The effect's potency will gradually increase until the avatar is released, and at its peak, can be expected to reach levels equal to those granted by the corsair's lucky number roll.

Diabolos = 4mp/tick refresh? Wow.... Means the longer you have him out the longer you can keep him. This also means you can benefit from his refresh youself, meaning you have a constant refresh over a loooong time without needing to worry to keep it up, but rather to let your avatar stay alive.

With elemental siphon + Sublimation + full diabolos avatar with this effect + equip + Avatar's favor.... is it possible to keep diabolos out 24/7? Question to the SMNs out there, because it really interests me now.
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-10-21 05:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor roll can range from 1-5 lol

Highest is 5 with a smn :s hopefully this won't make smn's too loved lol.
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-21 05:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oxbloodravenxo said:
Cor roll can range from 1-5 lol

Highest is 5 with a smn :s hopefully this won't make smn's too loved lol.

They normally range from 1-4, it is 1-5 with a SMN in the party. I think they refer to the basic values.
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-10-21 05:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's basic values it's still all good but really we don't need more refreshing jobs lol @@

Smn mp tic/4 cor mp/tic 5 rdm mp/tic 3
brd mp/tic 3>5

with all 3 that's a whole lot of refreshing and whole lot of happy mages lol.
 Fenrir.Razushu
Server: Fenrir
user: Razushu
By Fenrir.Razushu 2009-10-21 05:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Avatar's Favor (Lv.55 Recast Time: 5 minutes Duration: 2 hours)
Channels the avatar's power towards a beneficial status effect for party members within range. Reduces perpetuation cost while active.

freakin' awesome update XD
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-21 05:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Oxbloodravenxo said:
If it's basic values it's still all good but really we don't need more refreshing jobs lol @@

Smn mp tic/4 cor mp/tic 5 rdm mp/tic 3
brd mp/tic 3>5

with all 3 that's a whole lot of refreshing and whole lot of happy mages lol.

I still feel sad for WHM and BLM.. that have no Refresh-type ability and need to rely on outside resources of mp. Tho in terms of refresh whoring we "might" need to rearrange our priority list to:

COR > SMN > BRD + RDM

Tho i also see some downsides. You need to keep your avatar out to receive the full effect. Therefore you are restricted to keep him out and cant summon other avatars. I hope the reduced perpetuation cost from Avatar's Favor is at least -2. It would be awesome if it would be like Carbuncle's mitts, like -1/4.
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-10-21 06:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shizukat said:
Finally a better use for Jug Pets =^.^=

I'd imagine that jug pets like Cactuars will become a whole lot more popular now.

Wooooooooot I hope more Jug Pets sell a little more then what most do.
Although, don't most BST use what ever mobs they can charm in the area vs. jug pets? I know Jugs are used for things like BCNM and Dynamis/Sea
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-10-21 06:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a beautiful update.
New pets for BST, more control over BST pets and making SMN become a great support job.

Imagine having a scorpy pet where you can spam death scissors every 2mins. Also, this means meriting sic will actually have a point.

Not sure about the use of BST in Dynamis unless they are going to change the AI To attack only what you want it to attack, but a good BST would notice and keep their pet in-line.
 Odin.Eirwen
Server: Odin
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2009-10-21 06:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Great.. more for SMN... At least their nice updates!
 Alexander.Hasiano
Server: Alexander
user: Hasiano
By Alexander.Hasiano 2009-10-21 06:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i can see diabolos, shiva and leviathans one being useful for manaburn partys, i've been recently thinking about about going back to leveling smn, SE are trying to tear it away from being a whm-1 into the job it should be doing, which is support/magical DD.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-21 06:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Indifferent... As a Career COR, I feel a little mythed that the potency of our rolls is being put under question from a non-buffing job. As if COR doesn't have enough competition from Bards.

From a strictly SMN / BST perspective, they're brilliant. The SMN update will provide a lot more functionality to their position in parties for pretty much anything.

One thing you can be sure of though is SMN's will still complain after this update because there's still no new avatars.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-10-21 06:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Smn have had buffing abilities for a long time <.<
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-21 06:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Blindphleb said:

It's not a buffing job. We could sit here all day arguing semantics but it's not a buffing job in the BRD or COR sense.
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-21 06:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Blindphleb said:

You mean buffs that cost a shitload MP for a minor effect? Yep, you're right.

Theese are actually valueable, because they are more a "reward" for keeping your avatar out.

Wooooodum said:
It's not a buffing job. We could sit here all day arguing semantics but it's not a buffing job in the BRD or COR sense.

Right. You need to have your summon out for a certain time to even reach the buffvalue of a CORs phantom roll and even then the COR can keep up 2 of his buffs where the SMN is restricted to 1.

Still tho, it makes SMN a lot more valueable for their career to be invited by parties.
[+]
 Fenrir.Razushu
By Fenrir.Razushu 2009-10-21 06:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

plus we may see alot more SMN burn parties out there like 4-5 SMN healer and a puller/support
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-10-21 06:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I read this right, the "Ready" and selectable pet TP moves is ONLY for jug pets?

That's not bad, and will make Funguar pet with full meritted Beast Affinity a lot better, as well as being able to make Carrie use nothing but Scissor Guard and tank more effectively.

However, this still doesn't come close to what adding this ability for ALL pets would do. If they made it so this worked for everything you could charm, it would be amazing. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong, but to the person who thought of spamming Death Scissors every time Sic was up, just remember, there are no jug Scorpions (yet).

Maybe this will be the impetus for the addition of more jugs pets, including a better arsenal of DD pets at the 75 mark.
 Kujata.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-21 06:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Segaia said:
Blindphleb said:

You mean buffs that cost a shitload MP for a minor effect? Yep, you're right.

Hastega, 129MP

If you land it on more than 3 people and have enough skill to max the duration then it is as effect but more effiecent than a rdm or whm casting a haste cycle.

But generally yes SMN aren't the best buffers
[+]
 Fairy.Myrien
Server: Fairy
user: Myrien
By Fairy.Myrien 2009-10-21 06:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The SMN bonus can be ok in certain situations, but it's not great nor does it come close to brd or cor. The biggest problem with it is you cannot rest while an avatar is out. That means in 99% of the time it is entirely unfeasible and undesirable to have an avatar out for longer than 5 min+, because you'll likely be out of mp and unable to do anything except provide a 4-5 mp/tick refresh. While a 4-5/tick refresh is good, it still won't beat a smn resting + bp/cast in usefulness.

It seems like SE's intent with this is:
- party pulls mob
- party fights, smn summons
- smn keeps summon throughout the whole fight, using bp(s) + maintaining buff
- end of fight release and rest

But as any player with even a remote working knowledge of mp management knows, this doesn't work. With the rate of pulls on Aht Urghan pts, even with refresh you can't maintain MP w/o resting during fights.

Finally, it doesn't have accuracy or haste bonuses, the two most useful stat boost for any remotely difficult monster. Magic accuracy is ok, but it's no elemental seal. And I don't care how much MAB it adds it's not gonna make it worthwhile over Nether Blast every 45-50 seconds. Even with 1 brd/cor + 4 blm + 1 smn. I would rather just have a 5th BLM than some smn standing there doing nothing except provide a moderate MAB bonus.

Bottom line is, unless I'm mistaken, seems like a very very small situtaional bonus to summoners. I.E. when you summon diabolos for 5 seconds for that Nether Blast or garuda for 5 seconds for predator claws, your party gets a slight boost to refresh or evasion or w/e.

The beastmaster update is really good though.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-10-21 06:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

:/ Hastega for 128mp sounds ok to me...

Costs my Rdm 200mp to put it on only 5 people.

I agree that smn isn't a buffer in the Brd or Cor sense, but to deny that smn has unique buffing abilities that were obviously enhanced in this update is shortsighted. It's not like SE suddenly pulled the idea that smn should be a buffing job out of thin air.
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 06:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

oh i know what gonna happen smners gonna be all locked to blm parys for diabolos refresh and bp for mab or tank partys for titan defbonus and earthenward.
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 06:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Blindphleb said:
:/ Hastega for 128mp sounds ok to me...

Costs my Rdm 200mp to put it on only 5 people.

I agree that smn isn't a buffer in the Brd or Cor sense, but to deny that smn has unique buffing abilities that were obviously enhanced in this update is shortsighted. It's not like SE suddenly pulled the idea that smn should be a buffing job out of thin air.

part prob peeps rarly see smner actually geting to use buffs the have proper they dont relize what ones they have
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-21 06:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Blindphleb said:
but to deny that smn has unique buffing abilities that were obviously enhanced in this update is shortsighted. It's not like SE suddenly pulled the idea that smn should be a buffing job out of thin air.

Nobody was doing that.

Myrien said:
The biggest problem with it is you cannot rest while an avatar is out. That means in 99% of the time it is entirely unfeasible and undesirable to have an avatar out for longer than 5 min+, because you'll likely be out of mp and unable to do anything except provide a 4-5 mp/tick refresh.

The refresh would apply to the SMN as well, surely?
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 06:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

not bad not great but not bad. looks like all those smners who never get partys sept as a curer or get to end game just became highly in demand. far the bst one bst been asking for something like this for years though prob could been better executed. Also the fact they like snarl it doesnt work on charmed pets whee its needed nost is a huge draw back. I'm still hoping they release the jug pets recipes that are in the dats to complment this though, courls jas would be specially good.

Oh and be prepard to see alot of smners making mad rushs to try get - prep cost gear and ones redoing acp fights to chAnge body.
 Fenrir.Razushu
By Fenrir.Razushu 2009-10-21 06:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Myrien said:
The SMN bonus can be ok in certain situations, but it's not great nor does it come close to brd or cor. The biggest problem with it is you cannot rest while an avatar is out. That means in 99% of the time it is entirely unfeasible and undesirable to have an avatar out for longer than 5 min+, because you'll likely be out of mp and unable to do anything except provide a 4-5 mp/tick refresh. While a 4-5/tick refresh is good, it still won't beat a smn resting + bp/cast in usefulness.

It seems like SE's intent with this is:
- party pulls mob
- party fights, smn summons
- smn keeps summon throughout the whole fight, using bp(s) + maintaining buff
- end of fight release and rest

But as any player with even a remote working knowledge of mp management knows, this doesn't work. With the rate of pulls on Aht Urghan pts, even with refresh you can't maintain MP w/o resting during fights.

Finally, it doesn't have accuracy or haste bonuses, the two most useful stat boost for any remotely difficult monster. Magic accuracy is ok, but it's no elemental seal. And I don't care how much MAB it adds it's not gonna make it worthwhile over Nether Blast every 45-50 seconds. Even with 1 brd/cor + 4 blm + 1 smn. I would rather just have a 5th BLM than some smn standing there doing nothing except provide a moderate MAB bonus.

Bottom line is, unless I'm mistaken, seems like a very very small situtaional bonus to summoners. I.E. when you summon diabolos for 5 seconds for that Nether Blast or garuda for 5 seconds for predator claws, your party gets a slight boost to refresh or evasion or w/e.

The beastmaster update is really good though.

depends on how good the -perp cost is we could be leaving our avatars out alot more from now on.

I'm kinda hopeful here I always thought it was ridiculous to pay 15 mp to call the avatar 13 mp every 3 secs then a massive mp cost to get it to do something hopefully they lower the perp cost signifigantly
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7