Job Adjustments And Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)
Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Midgardsormr.Piplup
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Piplup
By Midgardsormr.Piplup 2009-10-21 15:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Call me crazy, but wasn't this the very thing that got that kid boo'd out of one of the tents about giving smn the ability to refresh a party? XD

This happened several years back at an SE event :)
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-21 15:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Piplup said:
Call me crazy, but wasn't this the very thing that got that kid boo'd out of one of the tents about giving smn the ability to refresh a party? XD

You are crazy.
 Midgardsormr.Piplup
By Midgardsormr.Piplup 2009-10-21 15:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Piplup said:

You are crazy.

It's true! Everyone boo'd him out of the tent area. and everyone made fun of him in forums for it.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-21 15:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

And with this... I see Summoners in Dynamis keeping Diabolos out the entire time with a Rdm, Brd, or Cor in the Blm pt. You can have Diab for free, then get 3+ more mp/tic as well as double MAB on the Blm's. That's sexy.
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-10-21 15:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Not only is there no Scorpion Jug Pet, Death Scissors would be one of the three-charge ones, if it were a jug pet. Meaning you could only do it every 6 minutes.

Honestly, the way I see it, that part of the BST update is really a nerf more than anything. I mean with the way Sic was, the abilities were random but at least you don't have to wait 6 minutes to use a good one.

Hopefully you'll have the option between "Sic" and "Ready" and if they don't give it, maybe it'll be something they change later on.

Also, expect Charge regen rates and storage amounts to change relative to level, just like Scholar charges do now. If they don't implement it in the initial update, look for it to change. 2 minutes per charge is too long if it takes 3 charges for the best TP moves.

Maybe make it 4 minutes at level 20, 3 minutes at level 35, 2 minutes at level 50 and 1 minute at level 70+ or something like that.

That being said, my favorite jug for DD will probably be Funguar, since Silence Gas and Dark Spore with full pet HP can do some ridiculous damage (Not to mention Spore is a very strong Paralyze). I know that in the low 60s, I managed to snag a party invite with some friends and was dropping those for 400-650 depending on resists.

Still, they really need to add a better jug selection at 75, and/or raise the caps on some of the others.

Snarl on charmed pets would probably have been the best thing possible, but alas, no luck on that. Selectable TP moves is good, and I had long talked among BST friends with the idea of "Maybe we'll get a choice of Ward/Rage" like they did with Blood Pacts a while back, and give them separate timers.

As it is now, with unmeritted Sic recast, most of the time my pets will have TP at 100% or more in less than 90 seconds, and sometimes as fast as 60-70 seconds depending on the pet type. That means a lot of time waiting for Sic to be ready and also for charges to regenerate (unless they modify this).
 Midgardsormr.Piplup
By Midgardsormr.Piplup 2009-10-21 15:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

so I guess I still can't have a pony? :(
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-10-21 15:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

pony jug pet?!!! that be awesome
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-21 15:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Piplup said:
so I guess I still can't have a pony? :(

User submitted image
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-21 17:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
I know a lot of smns just call their avatar, BP, release. Will this actually make smns leave their avatars out for longer periods of time?

Yes depending on the situation. I still think leaving your avatar out is a bad idea though. Feeding things TP and such, breaking sleeps/binds if you're duoing with BLMs, blah blah. Maybe BP and retreat instead of release, though for things like Kirin. Retreat is fickle though (or I'm doing it wrong :s).
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-21 17:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, Ninian. Guess what?
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-21 17:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> Blond moment.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-21 17:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Hey, Ninian. Guess what?

/cry
 Hades.Hiryo
Server: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-10-21 17:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Piplup said:

This happened several years back at an SE event :)

I bet he /wrist after seeing this..
 Ifrit.Jamesglogan
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Jamesglogan 2009-10-21 18:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear and days' prob still have a factor but you will be encouraged to have him though
 Hades.Agilo
user: Agilo
By Hades.Agilo 2009-10-21 19:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

well now i think ill break out the old smn again (at 40 currently). altho not as awesome as a new avatar or two would be, this is still pretty awesome. seems to open up opportunities for people to play the job differently nowadays.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-10-21 19:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. Alot of people already crying about the JA's. Not to sound mean or anything, But look:

PLEASE DON'T FREAK OUT ABOUT THE UPDATES BEFORE THEY'RE OUT!

Part II update.

Hello? Theres still a part three. Would you announce your BIGGEST news in 3 years+(For summoners) as the first thing? No. I'm on my edge of my seat, praying for avatars personally.

Anyway, On to the new JA. As for the summoner one, I'm kinda "Meh" about it. I believe it'll be about.. 2 prep at 55, 3 at 65, and 4 at 75.

As for bst thing? I'm really not sure. I don't know "Sic" at all, Or bst for that matter, So I'm glad you all got a boost(As some people are looking at it as). Also, expect to see some new jug pets, In part 3.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-21 19:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said anything about a part III?
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-10-21 20:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Who said anything about a part III?

True. But why would they say "Part I" and "Part II" if they don't plan for a part 3/more?

Though that can be twisted into "Part one being one half, part II being the other half."
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-21 20:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, no I see your reasoning but last time they had a multi-part update, it was only two parts.

That being said, it might be a translation thing that made it sound like there would be more than two parts.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-21 20:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: What Enternius said. XD
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-10-21 20:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Or I could just be to much of a wishful thinker..
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-10-21 20:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Renala said:

As for bst thing? I'm really not sure. I don't know "Sic" at all, Or bst for that matter, So I'm glad you all got a boost(As some people are looking at it as). Also, expect to see some new jug pets, In part 3.

Sic makes the mob use one of its possible TP moves. However, there is no control over which, although there are definitely some that are more common than others. However, the random nature of them and the fact that most mobs have AoE or Directional TP moves in their arsenal make it impractical to use a lot of times. Being able to select which TP move your pet uses would be amazing because you could selectively use the ones that enfeeble, do the most damage, increase its defense (Scissor Guard for Carrie) etc.

However, the lame selection of jug pets and fact that it's limited to jug pets makes it less exciting than it could be. So does the recharge time for the charges. Yes, hopefully more information will come out in part III. We shall see...
 Hades.Mmakk
user: Mmakk
By Hades.Mmakk 2009-10-21 22:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Myrien said:
Rowland said:
So basically, I can start going smn to dynamis now and have a free diabolos (most likely in the blm party)?

You don't want BST or SMN pets active because they can interfere with sleeping and get people killed.

I can't speak for SMN, but BST pets are very easy to keep in check. They don't share hate with the master, theirs is seperate, so if you don't send the pet until everything is slept it shouldn't have hate with other mobs unless it takes damage. By using Heel you clear any hate on the pet's list until it takes damage again. If you see something wake, immediately use Heel. It doesn't take a genius to know which mobs are most likely to sleep, petrify or paralyze you, and leave your pet resting somewhere on those.

Obliterate said:
Every 75 bst out there should know this update will be gimped soon because of one thing "Amigo Sabotender". you could now get a group of bsts and instantly do 1000x#ofBsts to anything, which makes this incredibly powerful, too powerful for SE to simply ignore.

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is this any more powerful than a group of SAMs Using meditate then wsing, or timed nukes/bps. It's also not instant because you have to get 100 tp for each pet, and wait w/e time they decide to make it to use 1k needles.

I would have preferred just having my jug pets zone with me like all other pets do than this. Maybe there are uses I haven't yet taken into account though. I'm happy with what RNG is getting though so I won't complain too much.

To the SMNs, I hope this works out as well for you as it looks on paper. Even though it isn't new avatars, maybe more people will see you as something other than a CIII WHM with a powerful 2hr for a change.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-10-22 02:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm not sure where anyone got a part 3 out of that. However nice that would be. lol

I'll admit I was really excited about this at first (granted I have lvl 10SMN and lvl 2BST). But after all this arguing and complaining I now do not care anymore because it will not affect me or my PLD or SAM... And before you say it will give my PLD refresh. Yes, this may have been this case if my PLD were anywhere between lvl 55 and 74.. When does PLD party with SMN at 75? My SAM could supposedly benefit from a little more crit%, or DA (I'm currently at 17% /WAR). But yet again, when will my SAM party with a SMN, and how long will the SMN be able to keep ifrit or ramuh out (if they even want either of those out at all) to make it worth it? I really hope I am being the devil's advocate when I say that. Personally I'd love to see BST and SMN become more main stream and there be less of a band wagon thing going on. I say that even though SAM and PLD are my favorite jobs... *cough*

Anyway, it is almost 4am and I am hungry and tired. Best of luck to all of you SMN's and BST's. lol
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2009-10-22 11:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
And with this... I see Summoners in Dynamis keeping Diabolos out the entire time with a Rdm, Brd, or Cor in the Blm pt. You can have Diab for free, then get 3+ more mp/tic as well as double MAB on the Blm's. That's sexy.

BLM manaburn party is now going to have the foodchain of: SMN > COR > BRD > RDM
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 11:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Moldtech said:

I would still take a Corsair over a Summoner because the Corsair's rolls will be stronger due to the job bonuses (or with relic hat). The effect is also an instant, constant boost, and will not take time to power up.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2009-10-22 11:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Snarl usage for charmed pets too <can i has it?>
 Unicorn.Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2009-10-22 11:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Moldtech said:

I would still take a Corsair over a Summoner because the Corsair's rolls will be stronger due to the job bonuses (or with relic hat). The effect is also an instant, constant boost, and will not take time to power up.

Ah but if the SMN's get free Diabolos out of it, it will be a constant lucky rolled refresh without the need for recast/charging up :o
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-10-22 11:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Moldtech said:
Wooooodum said:
Moldtech said:

Ah but if the SMN's get free Diabolos out of it, it will be a constant lucky rolled refresh without the need for recast/charging up :o

ah, but COR will also have MAB rolls on top of that
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-22 11:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you could have both. Get both Refresh and Evoker's Roll (With job bonus!), and Dream Shroud and Wizard's Roll (With job bonus!)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7