Job Adjustments And Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)
Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 11:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Moldtech said:
Ah but if the SMN's get free Diabolos out of it, it will be a constant lucky rolled refresh without the need for recast/charging up :o

Because rolling once every 5 minutes (Or 6 minutes 40 seconds for people with merits, like me) is seriously challenging gameplay. Corsair's can also have two buffs active, and can sleep, dispel, etc. I just can't see why you'd prefer SMN over COR.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-22 11:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I really believe this will help SMN in a scenario like...

Do we have a BRD? No? Damn.
Do we have a COR? No? Well FFFFFFFF.
I guess we'll take the SMN =/
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 11:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
I really believe this will help SMN in a scenario like...

Do we have a BRD? No? Damn.
Do we have a COR? No? Well FFFFFFFF.
I guess we'll take the SMN =/

I could see SMN becoming one of those "Find a COR or BRD" type jobs with some of the enhancements, however. Just not going to replace either of those jobs.

Oh, and I took 0 damage from Kirin because of Shadow Ring.
 Bismarck.Barrd
Server: Bismarck
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-10-22 11:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

smn work out if cor or bard not looking for party and it fun thay can help cure and buff but cor or bard > smn

and that was hot off kirin
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-22 11:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Oh, and I took 0 damage from Kirin because of Shadow Ring.

No, I really believe you haxed it. Seriously tho I didn't know Shadow Ring negated AF damage. Good to know! =)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 11:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
No, I really believe you haxed it. Seriously tho I didn't know Shadow Ring negated AF damage. Good to know! =)

It worked in Dynamis one time, but it's pretty pointless when that happens since everyone else dies, lol.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-22 11:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Enternius.

Summoner with Diabolos out and Corsair.

Summoner gives Refresh 3-4mp/tic and MAB +1-10% as well as doing 500 dmg every 45 seconds.
Corsair gives Refresh of 3-5mp/tic and MAB +6-16.

Sounds like a pretty good combo to me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-10-24 00:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of smns buffs just suck. They should allow smns to cast random abilities on the party that don't cost mp. Like Ifrit, who uses his warcry ability? What I see this doing is making it so that anyone that uses smns on kirin and jol (we do along with out DD) more useful. I mean I usually keep Diabolos out full time on kirin until I need MP. So, if I get full refresh from him, he's pretty much free.

For the BST update, I'm really hoping it makes it so that you can sc with a pet. I was very happy when they added that to smn, now let's do it for BST. I also agree that they need to either move this to all pets or decrease the timer on jug pets. I mean seriously, most mobs wreak jug pets.
 Caitsith.Jadi
Server: Caitsith
user: Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2009-10-27 14:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Smn is a pretty weird job.. I like it.. and I've spent a lot of time leveling it.

However..
It doesn't heal as well as whm.
It doesn't dd as well as blm.
It doesn't have the mp resources or enfeebles of a rdm.
And it doesn't buff as well as sch, cor, or brd.

Although they use mp, I'm not sure I would even call it a mage job. The only thing I can think of that they shine at, is hate-less damage and cure.

Seems like smn has been searching for a place in the world.. I almost think the game mechanics for it make it difficult for them to improve it, without it becoming too powerful solo.

One thing to note is they do have defensive abilities now, something that cor almost totally lacks with the exception of Ninja Roll.

Still, your probably not going to see them in tank parties, not in merit, not in exp, and not in blm parties .. unless other jobs are not available. Other jobs can still do what they do only better. I DO think it's a good thing, ANY fix to smn is good.. but the buffs are going to have to be pretty strong or particularity useful in some undetermined way to get a preferred job slot.

As I see it smn still plays second fiddle.. hopefully I'm wrong.
[+]
By Belius 2009-10-27 14:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN = Freaking sexy in campaign.
BST = MEH, OH MEH. They might as well just went 'jug pets have a /dance ability!'

What few people do not understand about BSTSMNPUP is that the entire point of the job is to deal damage without gaining enmity from the monster you are fighting.

SMN does this exceptionally well, BST does it so on a better survival rate while PUP balances the survivability with damage dealing.

So I am finding comments that want to increase the power output of BSTS stupid. Level WAR if you want to do DMG! BST is not about numbers, it's about effective damage dealing without needing particular healer attenschun.

So this sic business works for us. Apparently, there are some theories about how jug pets will fundamentally become stronger.. BST is fine the way it is, but it would have been terribly nice for them to adjust it to work on all pets.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-27 14:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally not related, but Belius is my avatar buddy.

I know BSTSMNPUP were created for soloing/survivability/enmity free damage, but I think SE should try to give them more group-situation usefulness, since this game is all about that. :s The SMN update is nice, but it still won't let me come SMN to events over say... BRD. :s
By ArthurofQuetzalcoatl 2009-10-27 14:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Belius said:
What few people do not understand about BSTSMNPUP is that the entire point of the job is to deal damage without gaining enmity from the monster you are fighting. SMN does this exceptionally well, BST does it so on a better survival rate while PUP balances the survivability with damage dealing. So I am finding comments that want to increase the power output of BSTS stupid. Level WAR if you want to do DMG! BST is not about numbers, it's about effective damage dealing without needing particular healer attenschun. So this sic business works for us. Apparently, there are some theories about how jug pets will fundamentally become stronger.. BST is fine the way it is, but it would have been terribly nice for them to adjust it to work on all pets.

100% Agree, at least someone understands!

Jadi, of course SMN is not going to be the best at everything or anything the game isnt made like that. You totally forget the solo part of it and the fact that theres a pet involved. SMN can be hateless nukes, hateless cures. I don't even undertstand what you mean by they wont me in Tank PT, BLM PT, exp pt. Are you only thinking about dynamis in terms of endgame? Because in Sea,Limbus,Odin,Some HNMs SMN is and still will be used for such situations.For Exping, its not the best but thats what exactly what the update will be doing, making it better for that.
By xdudemanx 2009-10-27 15:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

im just happy bst getting and update

*dances*
 Remora.Belius
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-10-27 15:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the nice ball SE has thrown at us though, SMN PUP BST are designed to NOT be party jobs and to rely more on their own abilities vs needing a traditional party set-up (healer buffer damagedealers x 2 tank).

SMN is like.. The "magical" THF in the sense that it has intense spike damage capability every one minute but on a larger scale that's restricted on MP usage. THF will never be buffed up strong enough to compete with SAMS but and it will be the same case for SMN.

BST is made for solo, for those who do not have the time to run around looking for parties, and still being able to enjoy the game itself while having the 'thrill' of NM hunting and the like. (That is if you have taken the time, and patience, and the million deaths that have taken you to 75!)

As for HNMS.. :P You only ever need 1 brd to support a full alliance.
Overlooking the fact SMNS can now deal enmity-less damage is HNM is stupid. People will say a BLM is more useful, but if you think about it.. What use is a dead BLM after ONE nuke who has a great risk of being resisted without near perfect gear?

(Gogo avatar buddies!)
 Sylph.Izey
Server: Sylph
user: Izey
By Sylph.Izey 2009-10-27 16:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have a problem and I'm afraid their may not be a solution my Summoner friends. So maybe some of you have seen my Post's about SE security sux sauce... Anyway... since I was hacked and the deauchbags though it would be fun to drop all my EX's and SE thought it would be fun to not give me them back, I no longer have a Evokers ring. Yes EVOKERS ring in my opinion is the single most important ring for Summoner. As far as I know there is no way I can get another since the EX items needed for it cannot be re-obtained? (Right?). Any thoughts?

Without this my SMN is retied I refuse to go on without a dam Evokers ring.

P.S. <^>^_^ SE.
By Belius 2009-10-27 16:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get another one!
There is hope, just re-fight all the primes and select them as rewards. You should be able to choose them, I think.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-27 16:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:

(Gogo avatar buddies!)

Oh hey you're on my server. Also, yeah SMN is great for HNM type things, Lowman Kirin, nice for other Sky/Sea things. I get my uses out of it, and it does decently well. I can say for sure it wins at lowman MMM, but those are seriously Niche situations. My LS doesn't even use SMNs on lowman Tinnins anymore. ; ;

Also an alliance needs 2BRDs unless each party has like a COR or even DNC.

As for Evoker's ring... I don't know what to do. Maybe ask to have the quest reset. I know this isn't a fix but maybe try to get a Conjurer's ring and some -HP gear to activate the -perp. Still won't give you back the MP or SMN skill ;s... Really sorry to hear about that. ; ;
 Sylph.Izey
By Sylph.Izey 2009-10-27 16:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

IT's the same as with the weapons, ever try getting a Garuda Dagger twice?
As you go down the list of rewards, it will only give the option to take the items you have not takin before or the gil. ~_~;;;;; /histeric crying.

ISNT THERE A DAM BARD OUT THERE THAT MAKE YOU FORGET THESE THINGS LIKE AF QUESTS UGH!!!!!!

No really isnt there ; ;? (I don't think so but meh)...
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-27 16:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd plead with a GM to see if you can somehow get the quest erased, I don't know. You can re-obtain those particular items, but I don't know if you can redo the quest. :s
 Remora.Belius
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-10-27 16:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I am! You should totally check out the pure JOYS of 12+ pet jobs on HNMS. It is AWESOME and intensely fun. With a few people dropping. I can imagine a Pet LS in sky making the smns 'hold' and keep Kirin busy while the BSTS charge up 1k needles.

>w< Soo good.
 Sylph.Izey
By Sylph.Izey 2009-10-27 16:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand why not just make it so that you can allways repeat Quests for EX stuff incase of accidents.... ><!!
Like Bibiki Shell.... EVOKERS RING.... <^>>_< SE!

And GM's are useless they're only good for bannin legit players, and people who say hey I don't like your chingy eyes (BAN!).
By Belius 2009-10-27 16:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

; ; Oh god that sucks.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-27 16:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They really should make them repeatable ._.; I know people who lost their ToAU rings, etc.

Also I've done an 8-man Kirin. We weren't holding Kirin, but the SMNs had to hold and kill the minis while our RDM kited Kirin. That was insane enough, I couldn't imagine holding (and killing) Kirin with just pets @_____@;;; We did burn with just SMNs though, all while the RDM was kiting. Well, there was a PUP in there at some point, that was interesting...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7