Job Adjustments And Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)
Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Cerberus.Jaxson
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2009-10-21 12:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just stoked because now the cactuar jugs might be a good way for me to skillup to 100, since they will probably be selling more. Hooray!
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-21 12:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I know. I'm not arguing that. Just getting tired of SMN's complaining EVERY UPDATE that they haven't got new avatars when SE have never actually strictly said "We are adding two new avatars in the next update".

I can understand that and BLM wanting an update still, but as a developer's standpoint... it does NOT take three years and 2 expansions (TOAU/WOTG) later to come up with avatars.

I'm just really agitated and frustrated i guess, i mean the Refresh with Diabolos is really cool and the Ifrit double attack seems great as well.

When i did SMN for maat's cap it was a nightmare to get to 66, and now my RL best friend is trying to get 75 SMN and he seems to get shafted even when he makes his own parties people see that he's on SMN and are quick to {No Thanks}.

SMN is a great job, sure it isn't one of the best but it's one that could easily be improved, i guess this is a step in the right direction though ><

I'm going to go eat something before i Self-Destruct lol.
 Valefor.Ellise
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-10-21 12:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Great news for SMN and BST, let's see how this plays out.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-21 12:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:

When i did SMN for maat's cap it was a nightmare to get to 66, and now my RL best friend is trying to get 75 SMN and he seems to get shafted even when he makes his own parties people see that he's on SMN and are quick to {No Thanks}.

SMN is a great job, sure it isn't one of the best but it's one that could easily be improved, i guess this is a step in the right direction though ><

I'm going to go eat something before i Self-Destruct lol.

Well if you're friend doesn't view AB's as cheating then that's pretty much the only way he'll get consistent parties to lvl up. It's the bandwagon/exp greed that kills the enjoyment of using variety of jobs for parties.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-10-21 12:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey... I was just thinking about multiple summoners in a PT setting with another job to facilitate MP rates, like COR, BRD, RDM...

With one summoner using Diabolos to aid with MP Refresh; it would be cool to see if the avatars benefit from the other players's avatar favors (assuming they are all different of course). Could you guys imagine the fun? =)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-21 12:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Other avatars don't get the buffs from your avatar, so I'm betting the other avatars don't get the aura buff either.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-21 12:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
@Ent most mp you can get back with an avatar out is 1mp/tic, it caps if you're gaining too much MP back. And the -3perp from weather and/or day if you have relic head/body

That's not true. You can get 4 per tic back from Carbuncle if you have a RDM cast Refresh on you. And Diabolos's Favor most likely works the same way.
 Remora.Jackieolivas
Server: Remora
user: Rahziela
By Remora.Jackieolivas 2009-10-21 13:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Belius said:

Imagine having a scorpy pet where you can spam death scissors every 2mins. Also, this means meriting sic will actually have a point.

Not entirely sure that statement holds water since, and correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no scorpion jug pet. The update for Beastmaster will only be for "Call Beast" pets.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-21 13:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not only is there no Scorpion Jug Pet, Death Scissors would be one of the three-charge ones, if it were a jug pet. Meaning you could only do it every 6 minutes.

Honestly, the way I see it, that part of the BST update is really a nerf more than anything. I mean with the way Sic was, the abilities were random but at least you don't have to wait 6 minutes to use a good one.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-10-21 13:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Other avatars don't get the buffs from your avatar, so I'm betting the other avatars don't get the aura buff either.

Might still be fun! Maybe worth a try at least^^ Time to dust off the AF2 Claim Form!
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-21 13:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ellise said:
Tbest said:

Might still be fun! Maybe worth a try at least^^
Yeah, you can try it. But, I'm betting they won't since they're "out of the party" when it comes to party "ra" buffs.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-10-21 13:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

About the other Avatars not getting the buffs - no worries there. I do not doubt that you are correct^^

Depending on the time it takes to reach full power on Avatar's Favor, perhaps SMN could semi fill the role of BRD, COR, RDM for BLM PTs during end game events. Nice to have options^^
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-21 13:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
True, I meant strictly -perp gear though. Whenever I'm on my smn it's usually solo or duo, so I don't take into consideration of rdm/brd/cor. Avatar's Favor will most likely be how you described though as a separate icon.

Yeah, it's true that Perpetuation Cost minimum is 1 so you can only have 1/tic Refresh by default, but there are a lot of ways to bypass that. Sigil/Sanction/FoV refresh is one.

And honestly I think Avatar's Favor will give the same icon as all the other buffs to not make it overpowered. Can you imagine a WHM with Regen III, a COR+DNC in a party on lucky roll, a Gjallarhorn BRD Double Paeon, AND a Carbuncle SMN? 28+17+11+9+10=75 HP/tic, if they all stacked.

Likewise, with Diabolos, Refresh+Double Relic Ballad+11 Evoker's Roll+Diabolos+Auto Refresh+Duelist's Chapeau+Dalmatica+Sanction/Sigil Refresh c.c
3+3+4+5+3+1+1+1+1=22 MP/tic
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-21 13:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe it will be 4mp/tic. The 1 minute per tier seems plausible though.

Intitial Refresh = 1mp/tic
After 1 minute = 2mp/tic
After 2 minutes = 3mp/tic
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-21 13:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It would for me if I was still doing events on Smn. I wouldn't bother using Smn in a merit pt though.. That's what Sam is for. :P
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-10-21 13:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

im just hoping the ability to do random sic moves with jug pets will still be free
maybe do random sic moves til u get that 3 for good one?
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-10-21 13:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Right there, not for merits, but perhaps during events. Fun stuff, let's see how it unfolds when the update arrives.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-21 13:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice thing about Summoner with Diabolos too... In Dynamis and Apollyon it's always Dark Weather. So if you have the Summoner's Horn, that's -3. (Sch can give weather as well of course.).

So let's say ya have:
Fay Crozier -3
Summoner's Horn -3
Yinyang Robe -1
Evoker's Pigaches -1
Evoker's Ring -1
Nashira Gages -1

Then tack on the JA itself guessing it's -1. And Diab's Refresh for 3.

And ya have -13 for a free Diabolos at all times.

(Yes, I know most of this has been posted. :P)
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 14:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

conjurers ring
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-21 14:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're in yellow, sure. :P
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-10-21 15:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jaxson said:
I'm just stoked because now the cactuar jugs might be a good way for me to skillup to 100, since they will probably be selling more. Hooray!

Before you get all hot titties about that, remember that they can still, at best, do 1,000 Needles every 6minutes. Maybe for the first week or two, everyone might wanna stock up and resell Sun Water while the fly off the shelf because of misguided 1 hit wonders. But I wouldn't expect that to hold for very long.

The Funguar pet is still probably better, and cheaper. (Assuming Beast Affinity Merits).
 Remora.Lavid
Server: Remora
user: Lavid
By Remora.Lavid 2009-10-21 15:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh I think its about time they've started really looking into summoner(finally changing "out of range" on bps not taking mp). I mean new avatars would be great but up until this update summoner has really no use in an actual exp pt. The only people that would invite us would be people settling cause no other healing magic available or people that felt sorry for summoner's. This gives them a good use for pts. I don't think theres any really point to compare them to other jobs as they all have their own benefits. This just makes Summoner an Option.

Being a lifetime summoner I was kind of hoping for a bit more...mostly along the lines of nerfing AB pts, I can't help be sad when I see lvl 75 smns with <120 summoning magic skill. Combined with this change is just gonna make people want to level summoner even more so servers are gonna be over run with people that don't know frig all about the job.

But yeah curious on the -perp on the JA. My garuda and fenrir cost 3 mp a tick atm without nashira gages and summoners horn(-2 acp body, evoker's ring, evokers's pigaches +1, baha staff, znm head for garuda, auto-refresh) excited for diabolos and Shiva for Heavenly strike granted if the magic attack bonus applies to avatars as well.
 Valefor.Whitetiger
By Valefor.Whitetiger 2009-10-21 15:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet sabotender, 1000 needles.... death+1...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7