Job Adjustments And Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)
Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-21 10:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Obliterate said:
Every 75 bst out there should know this update will be gimped soon because of one thing "Amigo Sabotender". you could now get a group of bsts and instantly do 1000x#ofBsts to anything, which makes this incredibly powerful, too powerful for SE to simply ignore.

4 Alliances of BST = dead AV! GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

/sarcasm
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-10-21 10:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

All i can say about this update is wow.. just wow.

Being a 73 summoner with all summons, Yinyang robe, evokers ring etc... this update is just music to my ears.

Now summoners will actually be a viable option for refresh and buffs more then ever.

Refresh... via diabolos, just wow.

Cant wait to try this out!!!

Good job SE!
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-10-21 10:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Go go bst is go go
18xbst 1000 needles (can i have it?)
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-10-21 11:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Xdudemanx said:
Go go bst is go go
18xbst 1000 needles (can i have it?)

I'm sure they're going to already make sure that is gimp.

They're not going to have another SCH Modus Veritas on another job.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 11:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

sadly they basicly say they expect to gimp bst after thi comes into effect
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-21 11:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:

wut?
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-10-21 11:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Heimdall said:

wut?

PlayOnline website said:
We will continue to observe the beastmaster job following the release of the November version update, and as necessary, make adjustments to special abilities and calling items for each pet.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 11:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

u can use 1k needle but only 1 hour out of the day sept only on the 2nd tuesday of every month
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-21 11:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
Hypnotizd said:
Heimdall said:

wut?

PlayOnline website said:
We will continue to observe the beastmaster job following the release of the November version update, and as necessary, make adjustments to special abilities and calling items for each pet.

I guess I read that as them ungimping as necessary... my mistake=/ Because you know 6 mins to use the better TP move is awesome-sauce and needs to be gimped.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-10-21 11:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ungimping as necessary? Ha... HAHA... Yeah, right. SE wants to control the jobs to make sure they don't break the game.

Like I said. They don't want another SCH Modus Veritas anymore. Or DRK zerg fest possible. On everything anyone. Because 1000 Needles spam from BSTs would break the game. @.@;
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 11:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

u forgeting this is SE who when made the good mistake of leting drain samba effects apply to fellow npcs and pets, they promply removed it though it made sense for it be there in first place. not mnetion npcs can go through zones but jug pets cant...
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-21 11:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
Like I said. They don't want another SCH Modus Veritas anymore. Or DRK zerg fest possible. On everything anyone. Because 1000 Needles spam from BSTs would break the game. @.@;

Since when does BST have anything relevant? Don't get me wrong, I love BST. Outside of the random soloing of specific NMs it really is useless though. I fail to see how giving it some type of real reason to be in a group activity breaking it.

The 1000 needles spam... ok, but lets be honest here. 6 minutes to use it, the jug pet lasts 15 minutes. That means you can only use it twice (if your pet last that long). The jugs are 15k each.

SCH Modus is "free" outside of merits.

DRK Soul Eater is "free" outside of the multi-hit weapons.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-10-21 11:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:

All of that HP+ gear will eventually get expensive after awhile though. Especially if you want to be awesome.

And PS. I'd gladly spend 15k to unless 2,000 dmg from a pet if it were possible to spam it along with a bunch of other BSTs. 15k isn't a lot.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-21 11:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Son of a ***... seriously? They announced new avatars at the 2007 fanfest when the hell did the exactly plan on introducing them >< this is so ridiculous lol.

I mean the refresh with diabolos is kinda cool i guess >< and if they ever follow THROUGH with it then i still give congrats to SMN and BST.

I hate when they combine two jobs in a single job update, always gives it such a watered down feeling.

-_-
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-10-21 11:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I am going to be loving the Ifrit and double-attack as well. Hell. SMN on lesser colibris is going to be fun. =o
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 11:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
Son of a ***... seriously? They announced new avatars at the 2007 fanfest when the hell did the exactly plan on introducing them >< this is so ridiculous lol.

I mean the refresh with diabolos is kinda cool i guess >< and if they ever follow THROUGH with it then i still give congrats to SMN and BST.

I hate when they combine two jobs in a single job update, always gives it such a watered down feeling.

-_-

hmm did they actually say playable avatars or just avatars liek in alex caitsith and odin being in game?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-21 11:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
Hypnotizd said:

All of that HP+ gear will eventually get expensive after awhile though. Especially if you want to be awesome.

And PS. I'd gladly spend 15k to unless 2,000 dmg from a pet if it were possible to spam it along with a bunch of other BSTs. 15k isn't a lot.

While it is true that DRK souleater zerg gear can be expensive, the fact remains that DRK is still useful when not in soul eater zerg mode in endgame/group activities. BST, generally, has never been. I can only hope this will allow BST a chance to actually play their job outside solo only.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-21 11:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
Son of a ***... seriously? They announced new avatars at the 2008 fanfest when the hell did the exactly plan on introducing them >< this is so ridiculous lol.

Fixed.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-10-21 11:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:
Clinpachi said:

-_-

hmm did they actually say playable avatars or just avatars liek in alex caitsith and odin being in game?

They said playable avatars that would work so differently, players would be asking at the next fanfest how to use them correctly.

or something similar.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 11:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm someone should try did up that interview. (maye they so different noone even knows they exist lol)
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-21 11:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a ninja update!
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 11:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

yes somewhere in some deep dark place in vandeil lies a room filled with doors leading to all new avatars each one a fight u need to beat to claim their power! As of yet noone has found this room so these great mysterious powers lay dormant..
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-21 11:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Clinpachi said:

Fixed.

Refixed... i was physically at the 2007 fanfest standing there when they mentioned "new avatars and then that they will function much differently than the others and will be large scale" or some BS along those lines.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Fan_Festival_2007_Live_Blog

Q&A Session
New summons?
There are plans to introduce new avatars. Beyond that, top secret.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-10-21 11:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a pretty good update for both SMN & BST. Liking the Favor abilities, still kinda down about the no new avatasr though :/ fudging darn it! This kinda makes you rethink which avatar you are gonna Merit all the way huh xD Mines Ifrit maxed o.o Double Attack is ok I guess <.< Hopefully the proc rate is high.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-21 11:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
Refixed... i was physically at the 2007 fanfest standing there when they mentioned "new avatars that will function much differently than the others and will be large scale" or some BS along those lines.

But it was 2008 that they said they'd be giving SMNs two new summonable avatars in the near future.

What you quoted is hardly what you were claiming, lol.

Edit: This bit:

Quote:
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-21 11:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Clinpachi said:
Refixed... i was physically at the 2007 fanfest standing there when they mentioned "new avatars that will function much differently than the others and will be large scale" or some BS along those lines.

But it was 2008 that they said they'd be giving SMNs two new summonable avatars in the near future.

What you quoted is hardly what you were claiming, lol.

Edit: This bit:

Quote:

Wow, that's what i put from the start... Avatars with an s, emphasis on promising new avatars since 2007. And they never mentioned the word two, just plural.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-21 12:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
They announced new avatars at the 2007 fanfest when the hell did the exactly plan on introducing them >< this is so ridiculous lol.

My point is, they didn't. They said they plan on adding new avatars. How is that saying they'd be putting in new avatars? Having plans to do something and actually doing it are completely different.

Especially with SE...
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-21 12:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Clinpachi said:
They announced new avatars at the 2007 fanfest when the hell did the exactly plan on introducing them >< this is so ridiculous lol.

My point is, they didn't. They said they plan on adding new avatars. How is that saying they'd be putting in new avatars? Having plans to do something and actually doing it are completely different.

Especially with SE...

Ok let me put this in easier terms to understand i guess.

They sat down and told us, yes we are planning to add new avatars in the future... back in 2007. They have done around 10 job adjustments+ since that point in time with none of them being summoner. Now that they say SMN is in the job additions and adjustments section... How can they STILL not bring them to the table. It's about to turn 2010 which is nearly three years after mentioning plans to add avatars.

I'm not a summoner, so this doesn't matter to me either way, but on behalf of the SMN's who are patiently waiting these three years... i think this is total BS.

It was my whole point of the joke and fake SMN picture and now i feel really let down myself.

I was trying to avoid wall-of-text and tl;dr but i guess you can't win either way.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-21 12:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I know. I'm not arguing that. Just getting tired of SMN's complaining EVERY UPDATE that they haven't got new avatars when SE have never actually strictly said "We are adding two new avatars in the next update".
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7