Job Adjustments And Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)
Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 07:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i wonder if this will work with a msner whos being hoped through partys like cors and brds are in end game for buffs. MAybe long the aatar otu wha ever party the smner been in will keep the effrect or wont have a effect on part smenr joins with av already out. If this the case most liky be a over sigth by SE and not planed.

edit: i really should go back to sleep...
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 07:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
I just noticed, none of the avatar's have just a regular "Increased attack". It's either increased double attack from lolifrit, or increased crits from ramuh (vs pots/skeles)

Well time to solo some more pots in sky for water/exp.

well ifrit can spam warcry basicly to go with that double attack depending on mp managment and bp timers the smenr has (45sec is lowest it can be made to)
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-21 07:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:
i wonder if this will work with a msner whos being hoped through partys like cors and brds are in end game for buffs. MAybe long the aatar otu wha ever party the smner been in will keep the effrect or wont have a effect on part smenr joins with av already out. If this the case most liky be a over sigth by SE and not planed.

edit: i really should go back to sleep...

I think it's more like a DNC's sambas. Probably can't rotate the SMNs otherwise that'd be kinda broken. BRD will always be the ultimate buffer, but SMN will be sexy for BLM parties.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 07:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone else notice the smner is holding a odd looking staff in the pic while in fighting stance?
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-21 07:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
I just noticed, none of the avatar's have just a regular "Increased attack". It's either increased double attack from lolifrit, or increased crits from ramuh (vs pots/skeles)

Well time to solo some more pots in sky for water/exp.

They don't want to replace COR and BRD (especially COR since BRDs March and Elegy are unique BRDly things that are full of awesome and win).
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-21 07:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:
anyone else notice the smner is holding a odd looking staff in the pic while in fighting stance?

Looked like a Fire/Vulcan staff to me. Still does. :s
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 07:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm no think the poles wrong + dont have the gold leaf liek things a top.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-21 07:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a Fire Staff.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-21 07:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:

I zoomed in and it's because it's at a twisted angle, so the 'gold leaf things' are in line with the camera.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-21 07:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:

You should sleep ;P

User submitted image

Edit: Speaking of sleep class ended early! Good night cruel world!
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 08:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ya guess just my eyes . wel anyways what fay crozier argments peeps gonna be wantign to compliment these new adds? i'm thinking - spell intrpt -3 prep and bp delay or add effect if smner does start geting to mellee.

Also how many peeps this making them think of trying for Waking the Beast again?

Carbuncle's Cuffs
[Hands] All Races
DEF: 14
Summoning magic casting time -1
Shining Ruby: Adds "Regen" effect
Lv. 75 All Jobs

and carby pole hell all the weapons might be usefull now
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-21 08:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd imagine the -3 Perp would still be the best.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-21 08:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did some math out of boredom.

HQ Staff or Fay Crozier (-3)
ACP body (-2)
Nashira Gages (-1)
Evoker's Ring (-1)
Evoker's Pigaches +1 (-1)
Auto Refresh Trait (-1)
Sanction/Sigil/FoV Refresh (-1)

Total of -10 perpetuation cost, for a total of 3 perp cost. With this JA up (Assuming it gives at LEAST -1 perp cost), that means free Fenrir, free Garuda (With Karura Hachigane), and at MOST, 2 perp cost with all other avatars.

Seeing as how Diabolos gives refresh, that would be at most 1 perp cost with Diabolos.

Likewise, if the effect increases over time to a total of 4/tic Refresh, that means that with Diabolos, you'll GAIN 2 MP/tic.

Lol have fun with Kirin.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-10-21 08:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

BBBBSSSSTTT!!!!!
/dances til he falls down
 Lakshmi.Septroth
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Septroth 2009-10-21 09:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
I just did some math out of boredom.

HQ Staff or Fay Crozier (-3)
ACP body (-2)
Nashira Gages (-1)
Evoker's Ring (-1)
Evoker's Pigaches +1 (-1)
Auto Refresh Trait (-1)
Sanction/Sigil/FoV Refresh (-1)

Total of -10 perpetuation cost, for a total of 3 perp cost. With this JA up (Assuming it gives at LEAST -1 perp cost), that means free Fenrir, free Garuda (With Karura Hachigane), and at MOST, 2 perp cost with all other avatars.

Seeing as how Diabolos gives refresh, that would be at most 1 perp cost with Diabolos.

Likewise, if the effect increases over time to a total of 4/tic Refresh, that means that with Diabolos, you'll GAIN 2 MP/tic.

Lol have fun with Kirin.

i have ceen crozier with -4 perp
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-21 10:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to agree. I can now see SMN in with BLM parties at events. This will be a good use for them.

So in order to use the good Sic moves for jug pets... they need to be out for 6 minutes? That is *** in my opinion. I swear to god if they make CourierCarrie's Big Scissors move 3 points (even though it's not great, its his best offensive TP move) I'm going to rage.
 Garuda.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-10-21 10:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing as how the bst change only applies to jug pets (which are still quite weak overall) and how it will take 6 minutes before you can probably pick the best TP move for each jug (2 minutes per charge, 3 charges), the bst update isn't really any good.

If you wait for your 3 charges, that means you can do a whopping 5 TP moves before your jug pet is gone. Seeing as how the majority of the jug pets out there are ***at level 75, it's not really any buff.

If it were 1 charge every minute for a total of 3, then that would be decent. Seeing as how sic is on a 2 minute timer. The summoners definitely got a much better upgrade.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-21 10:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
@Ent most mp you can get back with an avatar out is 1mp/tic, it caps if you're gaining too much MP back. And the -3perp from weather and/or day if you have relic head/body
He meant if Diab gives that much refresh.

Most you can get back w/ an avatar out is 1 while using eq with refresh on it b/c the lowest perp cost is 1.
 Fenrir.Razushu
Server: Fenrir
user: Razushu
By Fenrir.Razushu 2009-10-21 10:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

apparently the jp site has "In exchange for supressing the avatars power" in the ability description >.>
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-10-21 10:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

if Diabolos can give auto-refresh, and the perpetuation is reduced, it looks like it might be possible for free Diabolos lol
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-21 10:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a bad update.

If they can improve the AI for BST pets then it shouldn't be a problem for them to do this for PUP.

I hope theres a part III ;3
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-10-21 10:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Regen is one of the most underestimated buffs in the game. I'm not sure what a COR's lucky is for Dancer's Roll, but this could be a big boost for normal pts with, say, no backup healer.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-21 10:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Tbest said:
Rowland said:
@Ent most mp you can get back with an avatar out is 1mp/tic, it caps if you're gaining too much MP back. And the -3perp from weather and/or day if you have relic head/body

Most you can get back w/ an avatar out is 1 while using eq with refresh on it b/c the lowest perp cost is 1.

That's what I just said, and I was adding relic gear from his list of -perp costs.

The effect's potency will gradually increase until the avatar is released, and at its peak, can be expected to reach levels equal to those granted by the corsair's lucky number roll.
Sooo maybe a 4 tick refresh.
 Diabolos.Obliterate
Server: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2009-10-21 10:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Every 75 bst out there should know this update will be gimped soon because of one thing "Amigo Sabotender". you could now get a group of bsts and instantly do 1000x#ofBsts to anything, which makes this incredibly powerful, too powerful for SE to simply ignore.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-21 10:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaroca said:
Rowland said:
Tbest said:
Rowland said:

That's what I just said, and I was adding relic gear from his list of -perp costs.

The effect's potency will gradually increase until the avatar is released, and at its peak, can be expected to reach levels equal to those granted by the corsair's lucky number roll.
Sooo maybe a 4 tick refresh.
Lucky roll is 3 w/o a Smn, not 4. 4 the 'max' w/o a Smn due to hitting 11. I'd say max you'll get from Diab is 3. Looks like blm will likely get +6 in addition to MAB in most parties now.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-10-21 10:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

My first thoughts were "imagine how well I can solo with refresh on!" but then realized diabolos kinda sucks damage wise 8( This could though make refreshing blm pts and maaaaybe tanking pts so much more fun though. Its such a pain to do it on rdm still, composure makes it easier, but now you have to watch timers or else you'll miss when it wears on people. Only problem is rdm is easier to save lives on 8|

Though perp- could be really good. My garuda is almost freakishly awesome, Im missing evoker boots+1 but I can only imagine how great this'd be if I did have them. Should be nice regardless....I mean nice as now I can solo imps before einherjar with less down time! yaay
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7