Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 18:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
There is a very valid reason for asurans to want smaller servers to merge.

They want people to be able to leave asura. *without, having to come back to buy stuff. merge just happens to be the easiest way for that to happen.

While that's true, it only helps Asurans. Merging other servers 'for the benefit of Asura' is silly, as other servers' players should be the ones deciding if they want to be merged.

It's not only for the benefit of asurans. It helps those group 2 guys too. And it's better for "balance" and "game health" to have variety.

Instead of Shithole or Ghosttown2-14 we could have Shithole playableserver2-6 and ghosttown7-8

If you want to jump to ghosttown from newlyformed playableserver, you can pay $20 to do it
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 18:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of Shithole or Ghosttown2-14 we could have Shithole playableserver2-8 and ghosttown1-2

I mean, if leviathan was left alone, I can't say I'm that bothered with what they do on the rest of the small servers. I'm not gonna grandstand on behalf of some randoms.

I just think the amount of people in group1 who will be annoyed is greater than the amount of people in group2 who will be improved, but maybe I'm biased because everyone I regularly interact with ingame and most of xiah's posters are in group1.

That, and voluntarily migrating to a server for it's low population sounds like the kind of thing that would result in 1-2 servers composed entirely of people who do high competition events expecting no competition. Could easily backfire, while merging upwards doesn't.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 18:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

A good middle ground would be free, two directional, transfers from a subset of servers to another set.

Every account on Bahamut can freely go to Phoenix, every account on Phoenix can freely go to Bahamut. SE designates bahamut as high population.

Every account on Lakshmi can freely go to Bismark. Every account on Bismark can freely go to Lakshmi. SE designates Lakshmi as high population.

Repeat for every server pair, then do something weird for asura like letting them go to any high pop server if they wish. If they want low pop they can pay and choose.

There are solutions that don't involve worsening anyone's experience. They are just harder to implement and require a bit more thought.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 18:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why i said merges just happen to be the easiest
By Prong 2019-11-07 18:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Prong said: »
Again, you conveniently miss the best parts of what I type, Captain Presumption. If you addressed them, you wouldn't have what you think is a clever come back each time and you'd have to actually address the core of why your point fails.
There is no "best part" of your pathetic whining. There is nothing concrete to address. You assume that if servers get larger, people would suddenly gain the traits that you dislike about the population of Asura? How do you expect anyone to address nonsense assumptions like this? If the crux of your argument isn't "waaaah Asura is bad" then you could make points without mentioning Asura repeatedly and spending so much effort crying about how bad it is.

I don't hate Asura, it's a server. I hate people from Asura who come on these forums and get their panties in a wad anytime someone mentions that their server might possibly be full of morons. And maybe, just maybe, if you merged other servers, you'd make more Asuras. Because if a player is such an a~hole that they can't keep an LS and they require a full server to join shout groups in order to accomplish anything in a 15+ year old game, perhaps they should reassess how they deal with others and maybe they would be perfectly happy not having to deal with the brainless masses that is an, "Asura."
There are far more people who posts in these threads that come crying about how bad Asura is than there are that are happy with being on Asura. I guess they are like, real winners though? People being happy are bad!! mkay.

For someone that doesn't hate it you sure spend a lot of time and effort crying about it. Noone else wastes their time and effort moaning about other specific servers, only mentioning statistics (i.e. facts). Keep crying about Asura and thinking you're making any relevant points.

I don't spend any time crying about Asura. I'm specifically arguing with you because from your first post you've shown yourself to be the perfect example of an insecure a~hole from Asura. You prove my point every single time you post in this thread and you show why people don't want to be on servers like yours...because there are more of people like you. Not hard to figure out.

Now go ahead and get the last word, because that is all your incoherent rambling is meant to do.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-07 18:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Every account on Bahamut can freely go to Phoenix
But why?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Prong 2019-11-07 19:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't spend any time crying about Asura. I'm specifically arguing with you because from your first post you've shown yourself to be the perfect example of an insecure a~hole from Asura. You prove my point every single time you post in this thread and you show why people don't want to be on servers like yours...because there are more of people like you. Not hard to figure out.

Now go ahead and get the last word, because that is all your incoherent rambling is meant to do.
You have done so repeatedly in this thread, completely unprovoked. Congratulations by being so bothered about Asura that you have tried to start an argument with me, and then want to call me an *** for entertaining your crying.

People don't want to be on Asura... yet the vast, vast majority of active FFXI players are on Asura. I know you struggle with logic... but think about that for a second.

You can make another whiny, irrelevant rant again now because you are clearly intent on proving yourself a hypocrite. I assure you I can avoid responding better than you will be able to.

Again, you said nothing but make accusations against me because you are butt hurt that people don't like your server player base. The thing is, nobody is even contesting it but you. Even other people from your server realize it's full of idiots such as yourself. I'm just using Asura as an example to why large server populations aren't always great because there is NO OTHER example. Then you jump on here, guns blazing, as it seems you always do against someone in every thread you post in and get your feelings hurt. You can keep repeating the word whiny all you want, it doesn't stick. I'm not the one crying about there being perfectly happy people on small servers like you are.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Prong 2019-11-07 19:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I could waste time destroying your new strawman arguments but you're not remotely intelligent enough to be worth bothering with.

I will leave you with this to consider:

And you respond to say you can stop responding. And I'm the hypocrite? Right....

Typical key factors to when you can tell someone is humiliated in a discussion. "Straw man" always thrown in there, then, they actually refer to winning or losing a conversation, proving that is and always will be their goal, ending with their claims of intellectual superiority. Bottom line, as I said, you are the living, posting embodiment as to why people may not want to be on an Asura-like server.
[+]
By Afania 2019-11-07 19:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You assume that if servers get larger, people would suddenly gain the traits that you dislike about the population of Asura?

Yup.

If bahamut(or levi, or any other small server) has 2500 people in it it will be exactly the same as Asura, with just as many people yell spam, pugging and and shout for r15 remas.

Not sure why is this hard to see.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 19:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That's incorrect, actually. Because the lions share of the pieces of ***already jumped to asura.

If you merged ALL the other servers, it will still have less shitbags than asura has.

If you take zero shouts, and merge it with zero shouts you still fall quite short of asuras ***
By Afania 2019-11-07 19:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That's incorrect, actually. Because the lions share of the pieces of ***already jumped to asura.

If you merged ALL the other servers, it will still have less shitbags than asura has.

A lot of yells commonly seen arent even shitbags. They are just random players decided to use yell channel like a discord channel for their social needs.

Thats the result of having too many English speaking people on the same server.

(I specify "English speaking", not because Im a raciest, but because when I start out JP people told me using public channel to chat is considered rude in ffxi so I believe its more of a western gaming culture thing)
By Prong 2019-11-07 19:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That may be true and it may not, You forget those who jump to AND from Asura, when even Asura rejects them. They are still lurking...waiting...for another group who has not heard of them so they can use them up for what they need like leeches, to only transfer back to Asura again because they are incapable of entertaining themselves.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 19:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It is true that if there were other viable servers, it would become asura II and asura III eventually unless, they lock asura and you can't leave. which wouldn't be a terrible idea, honestly.

At least if they're spread out there isn't a multiplying factor of them feeding off of each other. If there's 10 *** on each server it's easier to ignore/block them than all 160 in one place.
By Prong 2019-11-07 19:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It is true that if there were other viable servers, it would become asura II and asura III eventually unless, they lock asura and you can't leave. which wouldn't be a terrible idea, honestly.

At least if they're spread out there isn't a multiplying factor of them feeding off of each other. If there's 10 *** on each server it's easier to ignore/block them than all 160 in one place.

True and I do feel for the sane Asurans, I know you all are there. It's just the ones like Tensu always are the loudest.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2019-11-07 20:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Could have 3 huge, 3 large, 3 medium, and 3 "I play solo or with the 5-10 people I have ever been able to befriend because I have aspergers and cannot cope with the idea of meeting new people"

I highly doubt most people post here has more FFXI PUG experience than I have.

And yet if I'm gonna pick between PUG and a static of 5 to 10 people it would be static all the way.

It has nothing to do with anti social nor anything like that. But more to do with PUG has MUCH higher fail rate than static even if everyone has same lv of gear and correct strategy were used. And in general, requires much higher time investment.

Sometime in PUG I had to spend hours tell tanks exactly whats the correct position and skill order, while replacing people that just wanting to leave the pt with a bad tank.

Then after they finally learned how to do it properly they'd just leave, which wasted time invested on them. If they are in the static at least they can contribute next run. That's not the case in PUG.

Other times I had to deal with people who spent hours trying to argue my strategy won't work because it's not "meta", despite it totally worked with LS.

Nevermind the obvious fact that with random I have 0 idea on how they perform. Sometimes there are slow whm, epeo tank who doesn't know how enmity JA works, DD who claim to have rema but it's not AGed, cor who attempted to join pt with ilv 117 guns etc.

So eventually I'd have to make a decision between being that elitist A hole who gear check everyone and feel bad about it, or well, just choose not to PUG anymore.

I never have to deal with any of these with static or LS.

So yup, if I can play with a static of 5 to 10 people and done everything in game without the need to deal with random PUG people, it would be dream come true. Why would I even want to PUG?

Ironically, if I want more new friends, I believe not playing MMORPG at all and spend more time outside is the way to go.
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-11-07 21:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem with statics is its the same ppl saying the same ***and doing the same ***every time

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Prong 2019-11-07 21:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

True and I do feel for the sane Asurans, I know you all are there. It's just the ones like Tensu always are the loudest.
Yeah. I am oh so loud... my accounts have been closed for >6 weeks, have been closed half the time of the last 2 years I've played and I barely play when they are active.

It's really sad that you have to literally make things up to try and slander people when you can't cope with your own desperate attempt to argue with them.

I thought you weren't responding any longer? You weak willed narcissist you...
By Prong 2019-11-07 22:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Artsncrafts said: »
Problem with statics is its the same ppl saying the same ***and doing the same ***every time
Problem with Linkshells is it is the core few people that get everything first with a bunch of lackeys sucking their *** to get the scraps. One of the many reasons I prefer to be a free bird. Along with not having to be on at set days and times, meeting and playing with new people, etc.

Ah....and we finally come to the crux of your issue with my statements: you are one of whom I am talking about. You're one of those a~holes that have ticked off enough people or used enough people that you've made a bad name for yourself, so you HAD to go to Asura to blend in with the other outcasts, just to get a group. You can see it in your disdain for veteran players who don't suck and people who can foster relationships long enough to stay in a Linkshell.

Looks like little, wittle Asuraboy Tensu wasn't getting what he wanted out of others fast enough so it hurt his feelings! Well guess what? People who play an MMO have zero responsibility to make sure you are enjoying your stay. If you suck then yeah, you may have to get the scraps after the people who actually need to be there so said event can be a success do. Pretty standard for all online games that are multi-player.
By Afania 2019-11-07 22:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Artsncrafts said: »
its the same ppl saying the same ***and doing the same ***every time

Real people or bots? Sounds exaggerating.

Still don't get the logic why more PUG = more friends and PUGGing make one more social-able. Most of the intimate conversation I ever have in ffxi happen with close friends who played together more than a couple of times, but never with random PUG that pt once and never again.

I think people really downplay the importance of static in ffxi here. It's both more efficient than PUG and builds deeper connection between players.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-07 22:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of which, Afa y u no come outparse Kludge lately?
[+]
By Afania 2019-11-07 22:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

I want to play whm ;;
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-07 23:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Jetackuu said: »

I want to play whm ;;

We need more Afania!!!!!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13