users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dear SE
Dear SE
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2019-11-09 15:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The ones saying they are happy in their secluded low pop server, are the ones multi boxing and barely need anyone. The majority that are upset or are casual gamers, just outright quit. That influences the overall health of the game and makes it worse.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 15:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways, before Jetackuu butted (and he's still proving my point) in I was going to thank people for arguing this. I do love a good impromptu for vs. against debate, so long as the children stay out of it. There's little need to devolve to high school name calling, because after all... it's just a game. I've had this debate a few times because it's a topic of interest, and nothing bad can come from discussing the possibilities.

I can accept that part of the reason why I have not achieved certain things is mostly my own doing. I'm not ashamed to say my schedule makes it tough. There is more I can try, which I'm going to do in the coming weeks. Still not going to jump server, but it's been interesting to see what people think of it. Some have normalized it, while others have become so ingrained in their server they would feel bad for leaving it.

It shows how passionate the remaining playerbase is, to want to share their opinions on this. And no .. I'm not "mad" or "triggered" or whatever the new internet buzzword is. I'm grateful for all of this, and I don't think there's any reason to debate it again. Peace!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-09 15:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
The ones saying they are happy in their secluded low pop server, are the ones multi boxing and barely need anyone. The majority that are upset or are casual gamers, just outright quit. That influences the overall health of the game and makes it worse.

To this affect, it blows my mind why there are so many 3-6boxes on Asura. Like the one place you dont need 5 bots to make a party, but there they are.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-09 15:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
No u

Yeah, grow up, kid.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-09 15:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a point to that, but do we really want filthy casuals anyway?

I do multibox but certainly not effectively and it's probably more of a hindrance than anything for me at this point. I need others for a lot of things and it's why I usually barely do ***outside of ls events, or gainxp (only doing right now due to altered schedule), I still think server mergers would be *** stupid.
By Shichishito 2019-11-09 15:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said:
grow up... grow up... you petulant child. Grow up, child... you're blind and/or delusional {his fav}... keep crying. tl;dr the usual micro agressions

[+]
By Afania 2019-11-09 15:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't multibox, and my social LS constantly has 50-60 people, my endgame LS had 40+ people too. At one point we even made 2 alliances for a dyna D event.

You don't need 2500 people on one single server to talk or get things done. I don't get how Asurans can't understand this simple concept.

Those who are upset or casual (not sure how being a casual even relevant since my social LS pearl anyone that ask for a pearl) can choose to transfer rather than quit. None of us argue that others aren't allowed to leave if they are unhappy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-09 15:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
DirectX said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
If SE blindly merged small servers, quite a few players would cease to play for sure
I really doubt that. Anyone still on this ship isn't going anywhere. People didn't quit when they merged servers either of the previous times and people were more against it then. Even I was against it then but population was 1200+ then at the time of day that it is 250 on Cerb and Levi now.

I wonder how many people have tried out FFXI over the last couple of years only to find themselves allocated to one of the emptier servers and wondered wtf is going on. Not many I guess but if I joined FFXI as a new player now and found myself on one of them I'd be confused as ***if I had any previous experience with MMOs.
Unless you are actually sharing the playtime of the people I speak of, you are doubting nothing here, you can't even fathom what you're trying to discuss.

The only merge I truly disliked was the very first one to ever happen. The other ones didn't impact me too much, and nowadays the situation is reversed: we can do anything we want, why would we want more people to disrupt our habits?
There is no NEED for it, so why do it? Why are you guys trying to fix that which isn't broke?

Individual cases are exceptions, you guys are acting as if your sole argument, exceptions, are everything. I feel like I'm trying to teach Tennis to fishes right now.

Not me, I appreciate both sides of the debate. This is how people learn, and how progress is made.
There is no debate, that's the entire problem here.

On one side people believing there is anything to debate and on the other people who don't understand why people debate thin air.

Things are very simple, really:

- Like populated servers? Go there.
- Don't like populated servers? Don't go there.

You are the only person to refuse both and ask for a third option. There is no third option, the reasons you gave to not pick either are feelings related (which is fine), they don't hold any value when it comes to explaining things logically since they're feelings. It is perfectly fine if you do that, but it is really not difficult to understand that you willingly bring misery upon yourself. Your problems are unrelated to the topic at hand.

And the problem is that these people, mostly Asura drones, are way too stupid to not use your situation as an argument and blow it out of proportion despite it being something unrelated.

So yeah, there is no debate here, I only see a sea of dumb people and it's surprisingly always the same people being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE about every topic being discussed around here for the past years. You'd think they'd learn at some point.
Now that's brutal honesty.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 16:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I've come to realize I started this by accident. I didn't expect it to blow up like it did, nor did I expect to be insulted repeatedly for it. I've already apologised for my behaviour, but I know some probably won't accept it. It's strange because I do frequent other online forums and never get in to these kinds of posts.

Said a few times I was going to quit posting in this forum the past few years, but I probably need to do it for real. Sometimes I vent frustration and my opinions get taken too seriously, and I don't want to be seen as someone who creates drama unnecessarily. In game I am much calmer and happy, and things get done without any of this. So I may visit for job guides and stuff, but I need to bow out. Clearly there's no room here for my uneducated and childish opinions.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-09 16:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's strange because I do frequent other online forums and never get in to these kinds of posts.

FFXI community is highly toxic, every member

I kinda explained why, tl:dr MMO's don't appeal to "well adjusted" humans.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-11-09 17:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol well hes had his moments in the past on game.

Soon the remaining population will be converted into thornyy's. Hes like mr smith from the matrix. Everyone 18 boxing for that maximum efficiency.

Does anyone find that sad? Lol, or should we accept that reality given the game being in retirement years.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2019-11-09 18:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

11 pages of this ***that is about 10 pages too many.
[+]
By Afania 2019-11-09 18:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Left for a bit and came back...

Holy ***at amount of pessimism in the last page...

I don't think FFXI community is "toxic" as a whole(quite the opposite actually), nor the game dying, nor I believe people have some kind of evil alt persona on these forums.

So I'm genuinely baffled at negativity outburst on this last page. Wtf is going on....-.-

[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-09 19:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
11 pages of this ***that is about 11 pages too many.
ftfy
By Shichishito 2019-11-09 19:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm a little sad you never saw this threads potential.
[+]
By Prong 2019-11-09 19:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean they kind of are, if you're honest. You don't craft out of the kindness of your heart, you do it to make money.

And you don't charge the real price, you charge the *** you price, because no one else can do it since shields are regoddamndiculous. and then you mark it up, because you can't even get access to the seller without paying $20

You are actually arguing FOR and AGAINST marking up sales on AH. You admit making one of those shields is "regoddamndiculous" then, act as if someone wishing to profit from their efforts is doing something morally wrong. Anyone, anyone can make one of those shields with time and effort, it doesn't literally take a person 150 bagillion gil to make one.

This whole thing about people not liking crafters marking up prices has been a forum topic for years...nothing to do with shields. It's just those not willing to take the time and effort to craft wondering why crafters dare expect a large profit margin for their efforts. If crafters on Asura want to undercut one another to the point they are basically giving the items away, that's their choice.

Maybe the real issue should be attacking those who spam instances like Vagary with multi-accounts charging for things such as dark matter 3 x their worth, which then forces crafters to charge more due to mat costs.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-11-09 19:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

.....In Soviet Vana'diel the Rostam buys you!
By Afania 2019-11-09 19:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally the polar opposite in game to how he posted on forums.

Ive interact with him on forum for years but not once that he came off as a jack *** nor rude in my eyes. I mostly view him as a helpful and knowlegeable poster that can be reasoned with...even if we disagree with each other on certain topics. So I cant get how this "evil persona" theory came from.

Yes....he throw out insults(and personal assumptions occassionally) in discussions. But I read that as genuine frustration that came from trying to get his points across but failed repeatly, because the other side is way too stubborn to change their pov nor follow his logic in a debate.

It's strange because I do frequent other online forums and never get in to these kinds of posts.

FFXI community is highly toxic, every member

I kinda explained why, tl:dr MMO's don't appeal to "well adjusted" humans.

Clearly there's no room here for my uneducated and childish opinions.

I think its unfortunate that Kylos felt this frustrated in a discussion. However I dont think its because FFXI community is inherently evil/toxic.

Kylos shares more "personal space"(not sure if this is a good term to use here since the word "emotional" sounds negative) than avg FFXI forum users - Thats not critizing him. In fact I find it refreshing to read his LS blog post on these forums, adds something new to the forums.

But that also means posts like this is probably less fit on a forum because forums are made to have different functions: which is to discuss game related stuff and find solutions to problems. So sharing negative personal feelings on forum often came out as creating more problems for the community to solve.

I dont think its ffxi community being a *** in this case, despite some people overreacted in the discussions made it seem that way.

I dont see that as a problem, but if he wants to leave then I respect the choice anyways.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-09 19:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »
Crafting

Brah, the entirety of the crafting system is broken bottom to top. It's all ***, it's always been ***, it always will be ***. Shields amplified the problem ten fold though.

And by entirety, I mean, entirety. From the drop rates, to the drop locations, to the lock outs, to the break rate, to the sub crafts, to the HQ rate, to the AH, to the min/maxing. All of it.
By Prong 2019-11-09 20:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would they move to Asura if leviathan is great and Asura is terrible? That's what I'm asking you to answer. There were only like 8-10 people in the ls when I was and I've seen a number of them here. Only you and Hyriu that I remember specifically that are not.

This is easy: because there are morons on other servers who basically tick everyone off or use people then, have no LS that will take them because they have a bad name for doing one of the above, or they suck. Those are typically the ones from Bahamut who transfer to Asura. I also know of one case where the person's friends are the morons nobody wants to play with, so they had to go to Asura then, the loyal friend followed.

So in the end, as Eiryl keeps repeating, there really is no option: stay on a non-Asura server if you have the ability to maintain social connections and enjoy that more than PUGs, or flee to Asura when nobody is left who wants to do anything with you and you can't/don't multi-box. People transferring to Asura is zero proof Asura is a better server situation...usually the opposite.
By Prong 2019-11-09 20:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »
Crafting

Brah, the entirety of the crafting system is broken bottom to top. It's all ***, it's always been ***, it always will be ***. Shields amplified the problem ten fold though.

And by entirety, I mean, entirety. From the drop rates, to the drop locations, to the lock outs, to the break rate, to the sub crafts, to the HQ rate, to the AH, to the min/maxing. All of it.

And? Those who choose to brave that pile of garbage that is FFXI crafting then should be amply rewarded for supplying the rest with wonderific white boxed gear. I agree.
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
i'm a little sad you never saw this threads potential.

It has potential alright to get worse !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be best and never would happen.

Is they lower the ridiculous 18 bucks to 9 and leave it.

So you can jump around servers and see for yourself.

And stop arguing with some *** on the internet about it.

Or you could spend a dollar on a mule go to Asura and see for yourself.
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-09 20:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say the completed crafting shields solved an age old issue of NQ being a complete waste of money, sometimes to the point that they'd be npc'd to keep the price from tanking further while HQ's are in so low supply that they're at a super premium...
But SE pre-empted this solution by adding +2 torques and weapons.
Now white boxes don't even cover the cost of materials and blue box is sold at a price point to make up the difference of both breaks & white box losses.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13