users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dear SE
Dear SE
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-06 19:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Let all the idiots who think high population=win transfer to asura then nuke the server and all the accounts, we all win.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-06 19:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
While SE will have made money from people moving from dead servers and paying I bet they have lost a massive amount of potential income from people qutting due to being on dead servers. $15/month for multiple months from a few hundred players trumps whatever the transfer fee is multiplied by the thousands that did it.

With this in mind, it would make sense for them to offer a 1 time free server move, or more like they should have a while ago. Many people will have given up already.

Jumping servers doesn't save you from quitting. If you quit because you wouldn't pay 20 bucks to jump, you would've quit after you jumped too. You just saved 20 bucks by not bothering.

If you're considering jumping, and then you run into the wall of retards that is asura, you're just going to see playing with no one is better than playing with asurans.

I'm sure they did lose some money due to dead server quitters. I bet that they had people run cost analysis and the server jumps made more than they lost though. The addicts who are left, you cannot get them to quit.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-11-06 20:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Came back for the MNK/DRG-date.

Fenrirs dead(er than usual)
By Prong 2019-11-06 20:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Let all the idiots who think high population=win transfer to asura then nuke the server and all the accounts, we all win.
Let all the idiots who think 20-60 people online is an MMO continue to think they're actually playing a comparable game to the few servers with enough people on where it is one.

Vastly under exaggerating the actual amount of actual people online on some of the other servers doesn't help your pro-Asura arguments.

The plain fact is, this is an older game with a predominately older player base. Most of us don't want to play Madden or CoD with a bunch of screaming, bragging 13 year olds because that is super annoying. Unfortunately, when some of us transfer mules to Asura to buy cheap crap, that's what they see coming from the shouts on the Asura server, along with the fact many people from that server kind of come off as a~holes on these forums. Not all, but many.

So sorry, but the *real* MMO experience for real old school MMO players is not being able to find 1,200 mules logged in at any given time...it is being able to stomach the player base they actually play with.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-06 21:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

lol. I mean seriously, when there is 200 people on line, how do you even justify that as a server. Your entire active population can fit in one linkshell.

They can easily merge the bottom servers and you wouldn't even notice. AND it wouldn't affect server jumps.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-11-06 21:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They can easily merge the bottom servers and you wouldn't even notice. AND it wouldn't affect server jumps.
BUT they might have /whispers MEXICANS on them!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-06 21:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I've been saying this for two years. Just merge 2-4 of the very smallest servers together and most of us would be happy with that. It won't affect shoppers, and it would keep people (who don't want to transfer) from getting bored and quitting.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-11-06 21:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to note that the issue with Asura is the pug crew. There are plenty of solid players, they just tend to already have people to play with and avoid shouting whenever they can. Established posters of non-Asura could probably try to reach out to get into such groups and then they wouldn't be surrounded by the idiots in yell.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-06 21:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish people wouldn't quote retards I have blocked, I miss that double block feature.

The fact is if you're not able to clear content with 12-18 people then you probably shouldn't play anymore.

We don't need server mergers, an AH merger maybe, but I doubt that it is even possible, but hey.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-06 21:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, as repeatedly mentioned, there is also Bahamut.
Bahamut, Bismarck and whatever else, they're stores.
Asura is a mall.

That's it. We keep ignoring this kind of input for the simple reason that we actually don't care to stay at the store. You go home after you're done buying groceries.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-06 21:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Make it so multiple characters can have the same name, just if your has already been used, a # is added at the end.

Merge all the servers into one, and expand the instances with all the extra space.
Multiply the number of ???'s for several things; multiply the number of Voidwalker NM spawns; multiply the number of copies each escha zone has of Geas Fete NMs and multiply the HP of world spawns (Domain Invasion & Wildskeeper reives specifically).

Adjust the CP gain in Incursion, and adjust alliance xp/cp such that the most effective CP possible is in a full alliance.

Escutcheon materials ... Make the cards no longer ex and add a card case of each type to share one drop slot in w/e new content gets added next. Or to appear whenever the item that was supposed to drop is already in your possession: IE your 2000 malignance swords would instead be 1999 card cases & a malignance sword.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-06 22:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, this same thread again, where DirectX goes full autism against everyone who is okay with their server as is and doesn't want a merge.

Hint: There are reasons people don't want a merge, and your own views are not only incredibly jaded, but YOUR OWN VIEWS. Other people see things differently, and that is OK.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-06 22:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Merge all the servers into one

Holy ***, no.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-06 22:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Merge all the servers into one

Holy ***, no.
yES1

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-11-06 22:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What in the world does any player gain by all servers being merged?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-06 22:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Access to all players, and all players access to all sales. I think it was more sarcasm than anything though. Terrible idea.
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-06 23:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

A single auction house, so everything's in stock, and the price for goods tanks because of competition.
Camps become overcrowded, thus leading to a need to change the size of each group for xp/cp; and increase in the quantity or lowering of respawn for item camps.
shouts/yell turning into its worst form possible. I see nothing wrong with this.
Instance overcrowding to the max, leading to the need to cannibalize old servers for more instances.
People from other servers will be pissed about having to change their names; so to eliminate the joy of those on the original server add a number to the end of everyone's names.
Not enough crafting competition from combining all 16 servers? let's lower the difficulty of finishing the final stage of the shield a bit, so whatever profit margins existed for having one goes down the drain.

Gotta give these masochists what they really want. Suffering followed by a reward long past its expiration date.
[+]
By Prong 2019-11-07 04:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »
Let all the idiots who think 20-60 people online is an MMO continue to think they're actually playing a comparable game to the few servers with enough people on where it is one.

Vastly under exaggerating the actual amount of actual people online on some of the other servers doesn't help your pro-Asura arguments.
Am I really? I am using that figure as people actually online and not "logged in characters". On servers with under 300 people logged in at peak I wouldn't be suprised if 60 is accurate.

As someone on Bahamut, how are you able to speak for actually dead servers?

Also there is probably several hundred people online and actually playing at any time of the day on Asura - 600-700 at an absolute guess. It can be argued as subjective but IMO you can't call something a Mass Multiplayer Online game with less than at least 300 people online and active at a time.

My favorite part of your reply is how you completely ignore the most important part...how Asura is chock full of annoying morons who nobody in their right mind would want to play with or observe on a daily basis. Every single person I've spoken to who has transferred a mule there to either buy or sell crap comes back with the exact same story. The number online is irrelevant if you hate everyone around you.

And if you merge other servers and make more "Asuras"...you will just get the same thing. It's not the name "Asura" that has caused it to attract annoying people, it's just annoying people tend to not be able to stay with a single group/linkshell for very long, so they NEED a large population like them to get in shout groups that may not be aware what an annoying plague they are. So yeah more people on a server doesn't necessarily mean better. Usually the opposite.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-11-07 04:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

They should merge the dead servers, just my opinion. Someone logging into a server with 200 people online, just makes them want to quit. They even removed the /sea all function from XIV for that reason.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13