By Prong 2019-11-07 16:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Prong said: »
Prong said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Let all the idiots who think high population=win transfer to asura then nuke the server and all the accounts, we all win.
Let all the idiots who think 20-60 people online is an MMO continue to think they're actually playing a comparable game to the few servers with enough people on where it is one.

Vastly under exaggerating the actual amount of actual people online on some of the other servers doesn't help your pro-Asura arguments.
Am I really? I am using that figure as people actually online and not "logged in characters". On servers with under 300 people logged in at peak I wouldn't be suprised if 60 is accurate.

As someone on Bahamut, how are you able to speak for actually dead servers?

Also there is probably several hundred people online and actually playing at any time of the day on Asura - 600-700 at an absolute guess. It can be argued as subjective but IMO you can't call something a Mass Multiplayer Online game with less than at least 300 people online and active at a time.

My favorite part of your reply is how you completely ignore the most important part...how Asura is chock full of annoying morons who nobody in their right mind would want to play with or observe on a daily basis. Every single person I've spoken to who has transferred a mule there to either buy or sell crap comes back with the exact same story. The number online is irrelevant if you hate everyone around you.

And if you merge other servers and make more "Asuras"...you will just get the same thing. It's not the name "Asura" that has caused it to attract annoying people, it's just annoying people tend to not be able to stay with a single group/linkshell for very long, so they NEED a large population like them to get in shout groups that may not be aware what an annoying plague they are. So yeah more people on a server doesn't necessarily mean better. Usually the opposite.

You're still ranting about Asura despite being repeatedly informed that this is not about Asura. Your deep hatred of Asura clearly blinds your ability to see what the subject being discussed even is.

Again, you conveniently miss the best parts of what I type, Captain Presumption. If you addressed them, you wouldn't have what you think is a clever come back each time and you'd have to actually address the core of why your point fails.

Quote:
And if you merge other servers and make more "Asuras"...you will just get the same thing. It's not the name "Asura" that has caused it to attract annoying people, it's just annoying people tend to not be able to stay with a single group/linkshell for very long, so they NEED a large population like them to get in shout groups that may not be aware what an annoying plague they are. So yeah more people on a server doesn't necessarily mean better. Usually the opposite.

I don't hate Asura, it's a server. I hate people from Asura who come on these forums and get their panties in a wad anytime someone mentions that their server might possibly be full of morons. And maybe, just maybe, if you merged other servers, you'd make more Asuras. Because if a player is such an a~hole that they can't keep an LS and they require a full server to join shout groups in order to accomplish anything in a 15+ year old game, perhaps they should reassess how they deal with others and maybe they would be perfectly happy not having to deal with the brainless masses that is an, "Asura."
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-07 16:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If they merge (some combinations) of all the 3-16 servers, the only benefit is you could possibly get a good sized "not asura". all the people, only half the retards.

Would the new Asura II eventually have just as many retards as classic asura? The world may never know.
But what's the point of having more people?

Every single small server listed has people achieving the same stuff as Asura people, just as fast (actually faster than most of Asura). In fact, we can do more stuff than Asura people can despite our limitations.

I don't understand what we have to gain to have more people. It will not allow us to do anything we aren't doing already.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 17:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

iTs NoT a MmO iF iT oNlY hAs 2oO pEoPlE!
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
Server: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-11-07 17:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry your dead servers suck.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 17:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There are 2 FFXI's. The one where it doesn't matter where you are because you are capable of socializing and maintaining connections to complete content.

And the one where you are forced to rely on pugs.

Group 2's trapped on a group 1 server got ***. Merge would help group 2 without hurting group 1. It's win/win
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-07 17:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It'd create queues where we have none, it'd create competition where there is none.

We don't need more people and the people here are already achieving whatever they want. We have nothing to gain from this change, we'd be losing our comfort for the profit of no one.

Merge the populated servers, create some super hub, leave the chill people alone. We are enjoying a chill FFXI, if we weren't enjoying it we'd have transferred to one of the stores already.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-11-07 17:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally random, was it because of the Reddit LS that everyone flocked to Asura? I honestly never paid attention since I have my happy little group on Fenrir to do stuff with and haven't given it a thought to transfer.

Basically in my head I see it as "EvErY1 Go To AsUrA!" as a meme that became relaity.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 17:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
It'd create queues where we have none, it'd create competition where there is none.

We don't need more people and the people here are already achieving whatever they want. We have nothing to gain from this change, we'd be losing our comfort for the profit of no one.

Merge the populated servers, create some super hub, leave the chill people alone. We are enjoying a chill FFXI, if we weren't enjoying it we'd have transferred to one of the stores already.

Going from 200 to 400 isn't going to change a damn thing "competition" wise.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 17:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Merge would help group 2 without hurting group 1. It's win/win

This is not true, some resources are extremely limited.

The best gain exp camps are only a few per server, and already highly contested on even the smallest servers. By doubling the server size, you drastically reduce most people's favorite way to farm gil. By literally any standard, that is 'hurting group 1'.

The best CP camps are equally limited, with only a few per server. More people in those camps, means less CP gained or a worse camp used.

Even smaller things, such as abyssea NMs, you may not make every farming experience worse since there still won't always be competition, but you double the chances of having a bad farming experience.

For someone who has nothing to gain from a larger server, there are significant and measurable penalties that cause these people to oppose merges. For someone who wants a bigger server, they already have the option to go to Bahamut or Asura or Odin(at half price pretty frequently, too).

Asura.Suteru said: »
Sorry your dead servers suck.
There is exactly one person on a small server saying they aren't happy with it, Kylos. Everyone else is either on a small server saying they are happy where they are, or on Asura feeling insecure that they can't relate to the people enjoying FFXI on a small server. It's baffling.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-07 17:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

It'll impact Ambuscade and HTB at the very least. Why would we want that?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 17:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't going from 200 to 400, it's doubling the population.

What this means, in more certain terms, is that each server will have roughly twice as many informed, coordinated, large shells. Thus, there will be twice as many people likely to want the best camps for gain and CP, and those camps will suffer significantly.

Queues probably won't be meaningfully worse, it's non instanced content that suffers. But, gain is a huge part of the game for a lot of people, and so is CP. Why would we want more competition there when we don't need to have it and we get nothing out of it?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 17:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Gain-EXP should be removed entirely or nerfed severely, so that's a moot point.

There are dozens of cp spots, so you can't have the one that gives 10 more cp per hour, damn. Guess you can't get cp anymore.

There's been a lot of "we need merge" people, they're just gone now because they didn't get it. Yes the people who post on AH don't want a merge. You're 300 total out of 50,000?

Have a poll. If Cerb merged with Levi (disregarding name issues) would you;
Quit
Cry
Come back
Care
Couldn't care less
Want more servers merged because those are insignificant.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-07 17:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

CP camps are usually full already. Why would we want more people?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 17:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Full. Right. It's literally impossible to "fill" a single zone with your population.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 17:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside campaign, there are 2 top tier camps. Inner and outer rak.
There are 2 more passable camps, woh and dho. 4 total, some of which can support 2 groups. Not 'dozens'. Anywhere else is significantly worse.

During campaign, woh and dho are just as good or better than the raks because they dont waste xp/kill, so you might push up near a dozen worthwhile camps, but way more people will be actually doing it.

Any other camp is at least 25% slower. Gain camps, I'm not going to name, but the best two are over 50% faster than any others, and travel time to camp becomes a lot more relevant as well.

It isn't a question of 'damn, guess you cant get Cp any more', it's that we literally do not stand to gain anything from a merge, so any negative is too much negative. It's not people on the small servers arguing with us, it's asurans who somehow think that nobody on small servers can afford $9/18 to go elsewhere. We can, we just like it here.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 17:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Full. Right. It's literally impossible to "fill" a single zone with your population.

Two 2-3 boxers botting with a skillchain is enough to make a CP zone worthless for anyone else. Without actively trying to monopolize, there have been times that just people from my shell have shut down inner+outer+dho at the same time. That's without anyone trying to sell JP or anyone else really.

You don't need to kill every mob instantly the second it pops, or have wall to wall bodies to make a camp ineffective. You just need to have everything dying fast enough that people are waiting 20 seconds per pull. That alone will cut your CP by over 1/3.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 17:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What's really happening here is: A handful of people were unable to kick it on smaller servers because they didn't maintain friendships, left the game too long, their linkshell moved to Asura, or they were just downright hated(directx). They moved to Asura, and suddenly there were so many groups it felt like a different game. These people are utterly overjoyed with their experience on Asura, compared to doing nothing on a small server.

As a result, they feel that everyone else should be made to experience the same, either because they legitimately believe it's that much better, or because other people being able to succeed on small servers makes them feel inadequate for not having been able to. Now, they won't let this go, and this topic comes up every other week with the same Asurans telling everyone else we need bigger servers to enjoy our game.

The truth is, you are on Asura. You have no say in this, you left and your gameplay is not effected in any way. Your experiences do not matter to us. The hypothetical people you're speaking for don't exist, for the most part. Kylos can speak for himself, as can anyone else who feels similarly.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 17:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

FFS Thorny, stop pretending you CP manually as if it is a valid argument. When you are afk CPing it doesn't matter if it takes 10 hours or 10 nights sleep to master. Give up the facade and try to make a legitimate point.
That's absolutely false equivalency. Hand farmed or botted, taking 10 hours or 10 nights sleep is a gigantic difference. I never said or implied I cped manually, I specifically mentioned botting in my last post. Try harder.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 17:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no doubt more ffxi players hate me than hate you, probably by a factor of at least 5.

More respect me than respect you, by a much larger factor.

More want to be in a group with me than you, by a much larger factor.

None of these are meaningful measures, the truth is that you were not able to get anything done on a small server so you moved to Asura. Nobody is begrudging you that choice, so why are you begrudging everyone else the ability to have a small server?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 17:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How does it to the average player that is not botting for gil if not CPing? It makes no difference to what you will accomplish.

A rational player does not bot overnight, 24/7, etc. They bot for a reasonable timeframe, and adjust their playtime accordingly. Some even monitor their bots and chat at the same time.

Even if you only botted overnight, one night vs 10 is the difference between capping 10 jobs or 1 job. There is no world where taking 10x as long is irrelevant.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 17:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I give up, onto the blocklist.

You are on Asura. You have 0 right to speak for anyone on a smaller server, and you've made zero actual point besides repeatedly claiming that negatives don't matter and imaginary people really want this. Grow up.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 18:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a very valid reason for asurans to want smaller servers to merge.

They want people to be able to leave asura. *without, having to come back to buy stuff. merge just happens to be the easiest way for that to happen.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 18:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a very valid reason for asurans to want smaller servers to merge.

They want people to be able to leave asura. *without, having to come back to buy stuff. merge just happens to be the easiest way for that to happen.

While that's true, it only helps Asurans. Merging other servers 'for the benefit of Asura' is silly, as other servers' players should be the ones deciding if they want to be merged.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13