Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2018-11-09 09:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
There are no augments.

Then the nuggets are used to make NQ into HQ only or something? They HAVE to have augments. Maybe not yet, but they are completely useless without augments.

It says in the patch notes that nuggets are used to reforge the weapons.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-09 09:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So then.... you have to get all the nuggets and not use them, and wait for the "final form" of the weapons to see which ones are worth it, because holding all 16(?) weapons is impossible with inventory as it is.

Great plan, multi-step garbage tier weapons and eat up more inventory?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-09 09:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's more than likely, according to their ambuscade trend, that Nuggets will only be used to Reforge from Tokko > Ajja. They did the same thing with armor and capes, just added a new synth mat. There will be a new mat from Ajja > ???, so makes sense to just buy all of the nuggets now and hold them, and when weapons come out and are disappointing, you can either toss the nuggets or use them for reforge+2, if they are decent. You'll be able to see which items are worth it rather than wasting nuggets on weapons that are awful. Probably DW weapons for offhand, or something niche like a staff for monk or polearm for sam is worth the investment (maybe). Even a free GKT for NIN/Ageha(LOL)
By Gruknor 2018-11-09 09:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Registered under the friend finder with my old old first character from Garuda. I think it's kind of a joke that you can't register multiple characters so people can connect with your new character after recognizing your old character

Working as intended, PS2 limitations.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-09 09:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Registered under the friend finder with my old old first character from Garuda. I think it's kind of a joke that you can't register multiple characters so people can connect with your new character after recognizing your old character
Memmmmmoriessssss
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-11-09 10:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I know SE just nuked the whole multi-hit on WS thing. But I really did feel like it was a good thing. It basically balanced the DD jobs and pushed them up on the optimal uses. It made jobs like Drg or Mnk more comparable, though still not equal, to Sam and War. Oh well. Back to being a peasant I guess.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-09 10:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean if they would just "adjust" resofuckinglution the WSD applying to all hits wouldn't be such a big deal.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-11-09 10:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean if they would just "adjust" resofuckinglution the WSD applying to all hits wouldn't be such a big deal.

Hmmm, while it was active I noticed that the "bug" helped jobs even such as Dnc or Thf shine. Suddenly non-REMA Dnc/Thf could do Apex as a main DD without issue, whereas such roles were previously limited to jobs such as Sam or Blu. But no, that's not allowed anymore lol.

I'll try Thf at Apex with the "fix" to see how much SE hurt the job again.
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Server: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2018-11-09 10:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm a noob, but Rudra's storm for 11k+ in a CP party is pretty sweet.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-11-09 10:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Chasuro said: »

I was seeing 40-50ks without a REMA prior to update. It's probably down to 20k now.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-09 10:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Rudra's did not change that much. Not even close.

An extra hit on a fully buffed Rudra is at absolute most 1000 damage. (i'll be generous and say 1k)adding 50% WSD makes it a phenomenal 1500.

So the difference between an 8 hit rudra pre and post is about 4k damage.
By Vishwambhari 2018-11-09 10:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

I was seeing 40-50ks without a REMA prior to update. It's probably down to 20k now.
Matey, of all the WSs you could have picked as an example, you had to choose rudra's...
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-11-09 10:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

rudra's is thf's bread and butter.

sure, evisceration suffers as a result of the fix, but it's not like you were maining evisceration before or after.
edit:
it's also literally what the previous posters were referring to
but yeah i don't think the fix gives you a 20k+ difference
there's much more to that scenario
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-11-09 10:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Vishwambhari said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

Matey, of all the WSs you could have picked as an example, you had to choose rudra's...

Lol, I know Drg got screwed a lot. But I did notice changes with Thf as well. Though perhaps not as extreme as I was exaggerating.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-09 10:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Every job got screwed except resolution users. Even with WSD applying to every hit it only really bumped PK and upheaval. Everything else just got slightly more usable. (still not totally sure how much it improved jinpu/chi)
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-11-09 11:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Was fun playing DRG while it lasted. Honestly that is too bad.

Stardiver and Entropy getting a buff wasn't a bad thing at all.

It was really nice seeing people use Liberator too.
[+]
 Bismarck.Oppa
Server: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Oppa 2018-11-09 11:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

WSD is still applied to Insurgency with Liberator I believe.
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2018-11-09 11:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oppa said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

WSD is still applied to Insurgency with Liberator I believe.
Insurgency is not an exception to the rule. Tested it this morning. WSD gear was always the way to go for the WS due to the way the first hit is handled, this update is a significant nerf to Insurgency and Liberator.
By Boshi 2018-11-09 11:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

By this point people still not understanding difference between WSD and Mythic Bonus is just an IQ issue
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-09 11:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Only the
Quote:
Insurgency: DMG +
that is actually on the liberator, will still apply to all the hits. (unless they *** that up too, lul)

Also, not really fair to say it's a nerf, it was just a classic spaghetti.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-11-09 11:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
By this point people still not understanding difference between WSD and Mythic Bonus is just an IQ issue
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-11-09 11:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Summoner's Not broken, Tarry. You know why that happened. Look back on most things we ever did etc. Does it really surprise you that in some way shape or form, She *** up, and instead of taking responsibility, decided it was completely the games fault? lol

I'm not surprised. It was likely just the server having been recently reset, Vorseals had no bonuses, Yall are never allowed to use Nirvana AM3, and rolls probably werent both crooked, or at least drachen wasn't.

If not all of the above. Remember, it's always a circus in that clubhouse man. Kinda glad i got kicked for no reason. It's fun hearing all the lame excuses and lies i keep hearing about it. XD

Wish you guys best of luck though. I got no ill will against it. Just means i can actually play the game again.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-09 11:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
Claps everywhere
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-09 11:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Neyochimaru said: »
Summoner's Not broken, Tarry. You know why that happened. Look back on most things we ever did etc. Does it really surprise you that in some way shape or form, She *** up, and instead of taking responsibility, decided it was completely the games fault? lol

I'm not surprised. It was likely just the server having been recently reset, Vorseals had no bonuses, Yall are never allowed to use Nirvana AM3, and rolls probably werent both crooked, or at least drachen wasn't.

If not all of the above. Remember, it's always a circus in that clubhouse man. Kinda glad i got kicked for no reason. It's fun hearing all the lame excuses and lies i keep hearing about it. XD

Wish you guys best of luck though. I got no ill will against it. Just means i can actually play the game again.
A hero is born.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-11-09 12:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So bacically... we still have WS Dmg applying across multihits; but only when you have a REMA augmented?
By Malaketth 2018-11-09 12:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Most complicated ***ever(not really)...IF you have an Augmented REMA, the WS associated with that REMA will have the bonus WSDMG applied across the hits for just that specific WS while using the augmented REMA.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-09 12:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

"Specific weaponskill damage plus" yes

"Generic weaponskill damage plus" no

Insurgency Damage Plus (all hits)

Weaponskill Damage Plus (first hit)
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-11-09 12:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is what we pay our sub for .. can I curse here? Damn .. I really want to.

So basically the only thing I got from this update is my Insurgency nerfed back to what it was. Was having fun seeing bigger numbers the past few weeks. The new ambuscade weapons are not even good stop gaps for returning players. Bummed out pretty much. SE not giving me any reason to keep subbed to this game. It's not just this update but a whole bunch of things they're not addressing. Had they addressed the WSdmg bug many of us wouldn't have changed our sets to accommodate.

My mission is to finish my Aeonic cycle with my LS so I can unsub. Tired of giving SE money for doing nothing but crap all over its playerbase. Call me emo knight or whatever .. I'm just sick of SE giving us nothing but utter manure.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rylis
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2018-11-09 12:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

"Specific weaponskill damage plus" yes

"Generic weapon skill damage plus" no

Insurgency Damage Plus (all hits)

Weaponskill Damage Plus (first hit)

I'm wondering how we're 6 pages in and there's still back and forth on this, lol. I'd like to think this is the summation that ends the conversation, but let's be real, 8 more pages before it sinks in, and then 3 more when someone says, "I eyeballed my WS and I'm pretty sure this one WS is still getting WSD on all hits!"
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10