Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-11-09 18:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
unless SE gets its act together

Bro, it was a bug they fixed - people were saying it was a bug - yeah it blows - I was having a ton of fun with run, nin and mnk. I am kinda pissed too but this doesn't change much for me, but yes it hurts a lot... Since I love mnk a ton...

Only unsubbed from this game twice in 14 years. First time was life stuff. Second time was when Delve was the only thing worth doing just after Adoulin came out. Last time SE drew me back with Records of Eminence and tons of quality of life updates which rejuvenated the game. I'd encourage anyone else to do the same if they're sick of SE's crap. They don't care about changing the game for the good of its players unless they lose money.

You seem'ed like the last couple months you were having a great time. Posting about your linkshells exploits and actually getting stuff done. I consider you a great guy. I enjoy reading your posts, so don't take this the hard way. But I mean it very dearly....
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-11-09 19:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Only unsubbed from this game twice in 14 years. First time was life stuff. Second time was when Delve was the only thing worth doing just after Adoulin came out. Last time SE drew me back with Records of Eminence and tons of quality of life updates which rejuvenated the game. I'd encourage anyone else to do the same if they're sick of SE's crap. They don't care about changing the game for the good of its players unless they lose money.
Just chill out and take a break bro. If you're not having fun, don't torture yourself.(At least you have a choice in the matter right now)
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-09 19:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

+1 for taking a break.

It really puts things in perspective when you take a break.

Overly stressed out over it, just pushing more and more doesn't help.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-11-09 20:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
When I look at them I see a massive failure just like skirmish weapons. That's all I get out of it. +20 acc doesn't even make up for being 223 skill.

Cor will probably be *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and everything else completely ignored.
Original skirmish weapons were originally great... and then delve and rem updates happened. Then alluvion ones came out and some are still good

I think we're going to end up w/ acc/macc+40~50.. and mab+30~50. Acc/Macc because new characters are always going to struggle with not-missing. And what weapon niche hasn't been filled already for new characters? Magic WS. :| I just don't see most of these being super special/unique or worthwhile for most established players/jobs.

... I'm bummed because BST (and probably PUP) are going to get screwed w/ no pet stats since they are generic weapons. Bonus kick to the nuts since the axe is the same model/skin as Charmer's Merlin. orz
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-09 20:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't make sense though. All the +2 sets are at least "good" all the rings are at least "usable"(tali'ah ring sucks) all the capes are "*** bananas" and then to have complete failure weapons?

Very weird.

They just refuse to learn from past mistakes, this ladder progression ***doesn't work when you try to add new rungs to the middle. It is simply too easy to get reisen weapons (and to be honest, too easy to get REM weapons)
 Asura.Fuzzydice
user: Fuzzydice
By Asura.Fuzzydice 2018-11-09 20:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is this isn’t a middle weapon. These weapons have no redeeming qualities outside of the fact that some jobs can use them that are hard to find 119 weapons for(polearm on SAM for example).

That being said expectations were low for these weapons from the comments I read before last nights update. I don’t see a reason to let this bother anyone.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-09 21:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats the thing though, if you start a brand new account today, a homestead weapon is pretty close to these. They serve literally no purpose even as the bottom weapon. Higher base damage, higher delay, lower skill.

yeah they're going to be +2 and +3 and +10 but no point in them being that bad to start.

If Im starting out today, I'm not going to get a homestead katana, grind a thousand very easy ambu for ajja katana. I'm gonna get cap sparks and get a kanaria.

Quote:
Kanaria DMG:127 Delay:227 Katana skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188
Ajja DMG:132 Delay:227 Katana skill +223 Parrying skill +223 Magic Accuracy skill +223
Tokka DMG:122 Delay:227 Katana skill +215 Parrying skill +215 Magic Accuracy skill +215
Homestead DMG:100 Delay:185 Katana skill +228 Parrying skill +228 Magic Accuracy skill +215
[+]
By volkom 2018-11-09 21:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know if the weapons have hidden effects in ambu?
By Nyarlko 2018-11-09 21:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats the thing though, if you start a brand new account today, a homestead weapon is pretty close to these. They serve literally no purpose even as the bottom weapon. Higher base damage, higher delay, lower skill.

yeah they're going to be +2 and +3 and +10 but no point in them being that bad to start.

If Im starting out today, I'm not going to get a homestead katana, grind a thousand very easy ambu for ajja katana. I'm gonna get cap sparks and get a kanaria.

Quote:
Kanaria DMG:127 Delay:227 Katana skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188
Ajja DMG:132 Delay:227 Katana skill +223 Parrying skill +223 Magic Accuracy skill +223
Tokka DMG:122 Delay:227 Katana skill +215 Parrying skill +215 Magic Accuracy skill +215
Homestead DMG:100 Delay:185 Katana skill +228 Parrying skill +228 Magic Accuracy skill +215

3rd stage will probably be skill+242, and enough acc/macc/racc to make an actual difference for a fresh character. I AM a bit intrigued about certain ones if they were to turn out similar to what I predicted. It could be nice occasionally to have a macc stat stick in ranged slot for the jobs that can equip the bow for instance, and it actually sounds attractive if there's a good chunk of mab on it. Same goes for 1h weapons since they could be offhanded.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-09 23:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if SE lets people put Ambuscade like augments on them they would be useful for returning players or as a niche weapon. Store TP +10 Acc/Atk +20, that type of stuff.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-11-09 23:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For people so emo about this update: a glass 1/2 full way to look at it is they might be preparing easy, streamlined ways for returning people to get caught up in preparation for the xpac/addons they might announce at the Fan Event on December 2nd!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-09 23:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
And this is what we pay our sub for .. can I curse here? Damn .. I really want to.

So basically the only thing I got from this update is my Insurgency nerfed back to what it was. Was having fun seeing bigger numbers the past few weeks. The new ambuscade weapons are not even good stop gaps for returning players. Bummed out pretty much. SE not giving me any reason to keep subbed to this game. It's not just this update but a whole bunch of things they're not addressing. Had they addressed the WSdmg bug many of us wouldn't have changed our sets to accommodate.

My mission is to finish my Aeonic cycle with my LS so I can unsub. Tired of giving SE money for doing nothing but crap all over its playerbase. Call me emo knight or whatever .. I'm just sick of SE giving us nothing but utter manure.

See you again next month!

Well I'll be around next month as it takes my LS ages to do one aeonic cycle due to doing one event a week .. so I guess you will. But like I said, unless SE gets its act together I don't see much point. It's not just the wsdmg thing (in fact that's the least of the issues), there's many other things which frustrates me about the current game. Not going to blurt it all out here, but it really is frustrating.

This is why you can't get emotionally invested in pixels, and numbers on a screen.
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2018-11-10 01:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

the worse thing about the weapons from ambuscade is that if your a smart new person you will realize just skip it get your jp and buy a better weapon off the AH wont take you long to get su2 +
 Bahamut.Ouiae
Server: Bahamut
user: Ouiae
By Bahamut.Ouiae 2018-11-10 02:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Looking at the ambuscade weapons ... obviously they're not, like, Escha tier, sure. Nibiru and up is better. Ajja is better than Homestead in almost every slot, though, claiming they're inherently worse just because of a little less skill is ludicrous, especially when they've got better damage/delay values and +20 acc/macc on everything to make up the gap.

But they're also not final weapons. NQ and +1 Ambuscade armor isn't really worth using at all on a maturing character, rapidly outpaced by even entry level Escha stuff, but it's quickly attainable and damn good for how easy it is to acquire. But +2 Ambuscade gear is BiS in a lot of sets for a lot of jobs, comparing favorably to HQ abjuration and augmented Reisenjima stuff. The final weapons probably won't be REMA quality, but I wouldn't be surprised if a capped out Ambuscade weapon, when all is said and done, is at least as good as what falls out of T2 Reisenjima mobs.

And speaking of. Kanaria comes from a Reisenjima T2. If you're starting out today, that's a long long way away. Be realistic.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-10 02:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You can be in reisenjima on the 4th day. There is no "long way away" you just do the wing > neck > ooze cycle with 2 stacks of each(4 wings), burn 20 imps and you're good to go.

Ambuscade is NOT for people starting out. They're too cowardly to start parties and join easy shouts. They solo VE and E V2 for weeks. And that still won't get them "new starter weapons". Calling ambuscade "Starter" is like saying solitaire is a hell of a party game.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-11-10 04:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

A shout that puts so little thought into gearing requirements is probably one that no one should have any interest in joining.
By Pantafernando 2018-11-10 06:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You can be in reisenjima on the 4th day. There is no "long way away" you just do the wing > neck > ooze cycle with 2 stacks of each(4 wings), burn 20 imps and you're good to go.

Ambuscade is NOT for people starting out. They're too cowardly to start parties and join easy shouts. They solo VE and E V2 for weeks. And that still won't get them "new starter weapons". Calling ambuscade "Starter" is like saying solitaire is a hell of a party game.

Whats this cycle youre refering to?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-10 06:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/It_Sets_My_Heart_Aflutter

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/A_Good_Pair_of_Crocs

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/A_Shot_in_the_Dark

Repeat ~24 times and you'll be like rank 7 fame (enough to get through Rhapsodies with minimal time spent) Takes about an hour, 2&3 are right next to each other, warp to 1, warp back to 2&3.

Siren.Kyte said: »
A shout that puts so little thought into gearing requirements is probably one that no one should have any interest in joining.

-anything- is better than soloing. If ambuscade is supposed to be "Starter" then easy shouts should have zero requirements in their shouts. (be better than 117)*
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-11-11 01:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Do we know if the weapons have hidden effects in ambu?
Very doubtful. Actual hidden effects are pretty rare to begin with and the last time I can remember them doing much with that was way back when they introduced lyft weapons which iirc was mid/late WoTg period
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-11-11 08:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rylis said: »
"Specific weaponskill damage plus" yes

"Generic weapon skill damage plus" no

Insurgency Damage Plus (all hits)

Weaponskill Damage Plus (first hit)

I'm wondering how we're 6 pages in and there's still back and forth on this, lol. I'd like to think this is the summation that ends the conversation, but let's be real, 8 more pages before it sinks in, and then 3 more when someone says, "I eyeballed my WS and I'm pretty sure this one WS is still getting WSD on all hits!"
can you provide some proof or logic to it?

I don't see how WSD is affecting WS that weren't before.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-11 08:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Kuroganashi

No. *smacks nose with rolled up newspaper*
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-11-11 10:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The game has a really nice mix of usable non REMA weapons for entry or mid-level progression. Between Zitah and and RuAnn T2, UNM, and a few random skirmish/alluvion skirmish/delve weapons. It would be sad if these weapons trump all of those. There are plenty of reason already for players to partake and max out Ambuscade monthly. That content can be done in small groups and is pretty fun if you are not already over geared for it. I hope they don't take that content away.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-11-11 11:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kuroganashi said: »
Lakshmi.Rylis said: »
"Specific weaponskill damage plus" yes

"Generic weapon skill damage plus" no

Insurgency Damage Plus (all hits)

Weaponskill Damage Plus (first hit)

I'm wondering how we're 6 pages in and there's still back and forth on this, lol. I'd like to think this is the summation that ends the conversation, but let's be real, 8 more pages before it sinks in, and then 3 more when someone says, "I eyeballed my WS and I'm pretty sure this one WS is still getting WSD on all hits!"
can you provide some proof or logic to it?

I don't see how WSD is affecting WS that weren't before.

... It's very simple. They fixed a bug where standard WSD was affecting all hits of WS that it wasn't 6mon ago.

Now:
Standard WSD only affects 1st hit (officially now.)
Specific Weapon Skill WSD affects all hits of their respective WS.

If you want proof about how it works now, go read the patch notes. It states it right there.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-11-11 15:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Demonsgate said: »
the worse thing about the weapons from ambuscade is that if your a smart new person you will realize just skip it get your jp and buy a better weapon off the AH wont take you long to get su2 +

The worst part of the weapons is actually that BLU isn't on the club! Wouldn't be very useful either way but it's just sad that BLU is still getting dicked on new gear.

Nvm blu is on the club carry on
By DaneBlood 2018-11-11 22:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You would think WS damge was WS damage and SE wouldn't make then unneeded complicated by reusing name for the different stuff and make exceptions on everything.

and yes they still haven;t fixed the wording on fortia belt/neck
By clearlyamule 2018-11-11 22:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wut
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-11 23:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

He basically agree'd with this

The way ***is worded, and improperly translated, and the way things are coded there's no consistency

Fotia Gorget; WSD 10%

"Insurgency weaponskill damage +10%"

"weaponskill damage +10%"

All mean very different things.
it's very easy to misunderstand.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-11-11 23:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah can see it now that it's been cleaned up/edited.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10