First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-21 08:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Think he was implying most people already play multiple jobs/have wsd herc.

The only other jobs that use WSD/str Herc is MNK and NIN and only for feet/hands and body slot. Both are nishe jobs and even ppl who play them sometimes don't care enough to build those pieces for Ten and Raging Fist/Tornado Kick, because they use Kikoku/Kannagi or Veret and have other priorities.

Anyway that was only example. If you start to mix max you will have a lot more like for example feet/legs/hands WSD/STR Oddysean/Valorous for WAR zergs.

Cor uses WSD/STR Herc for Head, Legs, Body (when need melee acc) for Savage blade.

Blu uses WSD/STR Herc for I don't know which slots.

Those are two non-niche jobs that absolutely are should be already building those pieces.
By Nariont 2018-09-21 08:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind some might have just kept their old wsd herc before reforge pieces, but every job has wsd piece sets in some capacity, and if they dont, well getting a piece and throwing some taupe stones wont kill anyone
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-09-21 09:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
You're just changing a macro(lua). Its all ***you should already have.

And you should be happy to use it while you can.

Not sure if you are trolling or not.

I dont even want to explain to you how many new stuff you will need for various jobs, because Im not gonna waste my time.

I can answer your second suggestion tho. Being able to play with "OP" mode for few months only to get reduced in power later would be lame af. Everyone hates the nerfs and if they would fix it after you get used to it, it would feel like a really hard nerf for almost everyone.
Nothing but negativity.

The stuff needed is literally what SAM uses to WS. So, getting this gear means gearing SAM "properly" and means that even if they revert this change, the gear will still be useful.

There is literally no reason to be negative at all and there is absolutely no loss in gathering this equipment for most if not all jobs.
And even if there is, this is what playing a MMO, even moreso FFXI, is about.

Chill.

If you cant grasp a concept of playing more than one job and being already hard pressed by making choices like limited to 2.5 capes per month ambu capes, what REMA to make, what HQ to get etc. not to mention limited inventory space, then you probably won't understand that.

I'm far from being negative lol. I just want to make sure that my decisions aren't based on a bugged mechanic. Sure MMO is about getting new gear, but MMO is not about exploiting possible bugs, unless you like it then fine, do it.

You agve me an example of one job and you want to prove something? Ok I will give you an example of one job too. There is literally 0 other reason to get Herculean feet/legs/hands/body/head and ambu cape for RUN with WSD/STR. You know how long it can take to get good WSD/STR augments on Herculean?
When I read the bolded parts I imagine you shaking and being overly stressed/overreacting.

You're the only person to react like that, I mean, take a step back, pay attention.

Anyway, the argument of space is pretty weak and that's coming from someone with 0 available slot across all inventories most of the time. If I have to get an Herculean set with WSD (I have exactly one piece of Herculean right now) just to enjoy doing proper damage for a month or two, I'll gladly do it tonight after work and I'll gladly help my friends if they want it too.

I'll gladly buy the stacks of stones or help people farm them, too.

And if it's fixed? I don't mind one minute, I'll replace the augments with other useful augments for Herculean jobs. I've done that with Valorous already.

I don't get how it's a problem. I bought an Epamin ring a few weeks ago when I noticed it was great for SAM. I farmed 300k baylds to change my Adoulin ring for a Karieyh a few months ago for the same reason and I will most likely go back and forth somewhat regularly. So what?

Enjoy the game, whatever the direction. And as you said, since you play more than one job, you are certain to at least have a job/combo that is viable at any point of the game's life, you should be all smiles, really.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-09-21 09:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk man hwo to tell you that, but im not shaking or stressed (at least not over ffxi). I just like to improve my character in game based on actual game mechanic. If it not a bug but actual intended game mechanic then hurray! I will start gearing toward it.

Maybe for you min maxing is easy, but I know ppl who spend several thousand stones to get one bis piece and sometimes still without success.

I simply don't understand the fact that you don't want to know if that's a bug or intended mechanic. What's the point in not knowing that? You think it could be hidden forever or something? It's in best interest of everyone to know if that's intended and the sooner we know, the better. You can still enjoy it for a while because even if that's a bug, they wont fix it any time soon.
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
Server: Asura
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2018-09-21 09:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I hope that it’s not a bug. But we do need to know if it really is one or not. The only way to get clarification on that is to submit a bug report. It’s better to know sooner than later.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-09-21 09:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Splendid said: »
Honestly, I hope that it’s not a bug. But we do need to know if it really is one or not. The only way to get clarification on that is to submit a bug report. It’s better to know sooner than later.

This is exactly what I think too. I hope it's not a bug too and I hope it will stay like it is now (tho the implication might be that Reso could be nerfed in future), but I also want to know if that's a bug or intended fix.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-21 10:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The only other jobs that use WSD/str Herc is MNK and NIN and only for feet/hands and body slot. Both are nishe jobs and even ppl who play them sometimes don't care enough to build those pieces for Ten and Raging Fist/Tornado Kick

SPEAK.FOR.YOUR.SELF.

I min-max both of these jobs down to the last bandwidth of Tornado Kick. Getting STR/VIT/Whatever WSD Herc pieces is not challenging. If you aren't playing 5-10 jobs and weren't min-maxing every one of them before, then you hardly would make the small change to adjust your gear now. The people who would make this change, whether it be temporary, are players who don't mind going the extra mile for a few days/weeks advantage, and it's not a disadvantage at all for them. They already had the gear lying around. If you didn't this change won't affect you much anyways.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-09-21 10:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk man hwo to tell you that, but im not shaking or stressed (at least not over ffxi). I just like to improve my character in game based on actual game mechanic. If it not a bug but actual intended game mechanic then hurray! I will start gearing toward it.

Maybe for you min maxing is easy, but I know ppl who spend several thousand stones to get one bis piece and sometimes still without success.

I simply don't understand the fact that you don't want to know if that's a bug or intended mechanic. What's the point in not knowing that? You think it could be hidden forever or something? It's in best interest of everyone to know if that's intended and the sooner we know, the better. You can still enjoy it for a while because even if that's a bug, they wont fix it any time soon.
Honestly, both as a player and as an ex-employee who used to take care of those reports on forums you submitted, I disagree with your opinion and what you've done, but not for the reasons you think.

The point is to adapt, no more, no less. When someone starts fighting against it tooth and nail because his comfort and certainty has been shaken, it's just not enjoyable to have such a person around. Go with the flow, or don't, fighting it is pointless and only serves to ostracize yourself.

This remind me what happened when people were exploiting Ironclads, only difference is that nobody will get banned here, but still, let people live for once. As soon as something is discussed on any FFXI related forums it will be read by someone in charge at SE, you don't have to push so hard to have it acted upon.

I mean, think of the GM, FFXI player or not, who 1) reads your badly written report, he'll have to remind you thus wasting his time he could be using actually helping someone in need and 2) has to make a bug report about it just to be told "oh we know, the fix is slated for XX/XX".

Put those efforts into getting a second set of Herc with WSD, I don't know. I'll be doing that myself, sounds fun.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-09-21 10:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The only other jobs that use WSD/str Herc is MNK and NIN and only for feet/hands and body slot. Both are nishe jobs and even ppl who play them sometimes don't care enough to build those pieces for Ten and Raging Fist/Tornado Kick

SPEAK.FOR.YOUR.SELF.

I min-max both of these jobs down to the last bandwidth of Tornado Kick. Getting STR/VIT/Whatever WSD Herc pieces is not challenging. If you aren't playing 5-10 jobs and weren't min-maxing every one of them before, then you hardly would make the small change to adjust your gear now. The people who would make this change, whether it be temporary, are players who don't mind going the extra mile for a few days/weeks advantage, and it's not a disadvantage at all for them. They already had the gear lying around. If you didn't this change won't affect you much anyways.

Key word there "sometimes"
By SimonSes 2018-09-21 10:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok let's stop this pointless discussion. You disagree with my reasoning and I disagree with yours. You want to play the possibly bugged game and you don't care and I would like to know if game is bugged or not. We clearly won't understand each other and instead of trying to push your thinking onto me, you might better follow your own advice and put that effort in getting a second set of Herc. I'm not gonna respond to any more comments about this issue and focus on playing the game now, because I wasted enough time already.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-21 12:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what the reaction has been on the JP side? Do they have their own little snitches?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-21 13:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably. They likely figured this out on day one but were sworn into secrecy for fear NAs would exploit it. They know of things far quicker than us and report them ASAP. Don't think it was an NA player who got the rune card glitch fixed, or the initial geomancy values adjusted. It is always a Japanese player who gets it done, even if an NA player reports it first.

Meanwhile summoner is broken
Rune has BEEN broken, doubly
Monk is broken (in reverse)
[+]
By Boshi 2018-09-21 13:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The only other jobs that use WSD/str Herc is MNK and NIN and only for feet/hands and body slot. Both are nishe jobs and even ppl who play them sometimes don't care enough to build those pieces for Ten and Raging Fist/Tornado Kick, because they use Kikoku/Kannagi or Veret and have other priorities.
1. limitting this to just str is kinda weird. like for thf the main multihit ws (evis) is still dex like the main wsd ws's (rudra, mandalic)
2.Most of the good multi-hit ws for herc jobs are not str anyways.
What's the list? Reso, asuran, victory smite, Pyrrhic Kleos, stringing pummel.
(pk is also covered by dex/wsd andddd lustratio.)

thf needs wsd/dex body anyways,
cor needs wsd/str legs & head (could argue body for acc needs). Savage is not a niche.
blu needs str/wsd head for savage/expi, feet for savage.
for nin dex/wsd stuff is usable for ten too, and can function on metsu, and with current stuff on shun.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-09-21 13:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Did somebody say...metsu?
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-21 13:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So did anyone confirm this yet? Or do I have to search for clues in the past few pages like Scooby and the gang? Jinkies.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-21 13:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's confirmed, yes
[+]
By Nariont 2018-09-21 13:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The wsd thing? Confirmed multiple times though not sure if people checked if da hits and the like get it too.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-21 13:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
The wsd thing? Confirmed multiple times though not sure if people checked if da hits and the like get it too.

Well it's been claimed .. but I see a million different tests which get shot down for not being "controlled tests", therefore my skepticism. So it would be awesome if we can get some actual confirmation via tests with conditions that cannot be disputed. Unless I'm missing those ironclad tests in the waves of derailment?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-21 13:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't a test that required controlled setup. Eyeballing was actually good enough for this.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-09-21 13:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Nariont said: »

Well it's been claimed .. but I see a million different tests which get shot down for not being "controlled tests", therefore my skepticism. So it would be awesome if we can get some actual confirmation via tests with conditions that cannot be disputed. Unless I'm missing those ironclad tests in the waves of derailment?

Test like this was done by me on page 4 with Guillotine.
It was very controlled and it's fairly well described imo.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-21 13:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I just read it, but seems not many paid attention to it? Thanks for doing this. I may have to switch out a bunch of DA in my Reso set for WSdmg. Or wait a month or so to see if SE "fixes" it. You get a Scooby Snack for taking the time.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-09-21 16:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Probably. They likely figured this out on day one but were sworn into secrecy for fear NAs would exploit it. They know of things far quicker than us and report them ASAP. Don't think it was an NA player who got the rune card glitch fixed, or the initial geomancy values adjusted. It is always a Japanese player who gets it done, even if an NA player reports it first.

Meanwhile summoner is broken
Rune has BEEN broken, doubly
Monk is broken (in reverse)
Because Japanese management actually plays the game (and is quite advanced) while I'm not even sure anyone in NA still plays.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-21 16:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

lolwhat. no they don't. maybe they used to play, but there is zero chance any of them have a clue how to play anymore.

***is so obviously out of whack no one that actually knows how to play thinks things are fine as they are.

There's also no chance that they would just be cool with the (quite large) number of bots just running all day everyday, if they were in the community.
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-09-21 16:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Because Japanese management actually plays the game (and is quite advanced) while I'm not even sure anyone in NA still plays.
So advanced they will let two jobs be crippled for up to 20 minutes if you have the unmitigated gall to die twice and can't use a revitalizer/super retivalizer or dont have a COR with random deal/WC just to uncripple you
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-09-21 17:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeez, so much "it should be like so because I think so but I completely forgot that they're running a business and that there is such thing as multiple departments so please disregard my post entirely".

lolwhat. no they don't. maybe they used to play, but there is zero chance any of them have a clue how to play anymore.

***is so obviously out of whack no one that actually knows how to play thinks things are fine as they are.
You read what you wanted to read and I didn't write.

People in charge of changing stuff don't play, but that doesn't mean employees who can very easily raise issues such as this don't.
You have to make the difference between listening to actual issues and "players aren't happy because E body is ultramarine and not purple".

Lol you don't even know them, how can you tell if they don't play? That's pretty funny.

There's also no chance that they would just be cool with the (quite large) number of bots just running all day everyday, if they were in the community.
I chuckled.

I literally designed the policies to handle people fishbotting and afk exp botting as far back as 2010.
Do you even know what is the policy regarding the use of flee hacks in general, how it is determined what is ok and what isn't and why? You probably only have NNI as an half baked example and again that's something I designed myself.

Botting is a very nuanced topic.

Ragnarok.Casey said: »
So advanced they will let two jobs be crippled for up to 20 minutes if you have the unmitigated gall to die twice and can't use a revitalizer/super retivalizer or dont have a COR with random deal/WC just to uncripple you
Same comment as the guy above, you guys take shortcuts that don't exist.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-21 17:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If even a single person with any ability in the slightest at square played, things would not be in the state they are in.

They log in and pretend to showcase ambuscade once a month, and thats it

And if they do, then they're way past due for seppuku. They're running the game like ***and it's disgraceful.

It makes money, and thats all that matters to them.
 Ragnarok.Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-09-21 17:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

shortcuts

such as having a wyvern or a beastmaster pet out

ok
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-09-21 17:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

shortcuts

such as having a wyvern or a beastmaster pet out

ok
Not what I was referring to.

You have the belief that, if anyone from SE plays this game, they have to be able to force changes on the game.

Either you smoke a lot of weed or you're clueless but you're wrong either way.

If even a single person with any ability in the slightest at square played, things would not be in the state they are in.

They log in and pretend to showcase ambuscade once a month, and thats it

And if they do, then they're way past due for seppuku. They're running the game like ***and it's disgraceful.

It makes money, and thats all that matters to them.
The hierarchy within SE doesn't work like that. First within one region, second between regions. Also, different departments means different departments.

There is only one position that could bypass the system and force bugs to be reviewed, not even fixed but reviewed only, and that's not the position you'd expect. I don't think any of them still plays or if they do, they are from NA where they are powerless (this is how the region hierarchy is designed, before anyone gets offended).

But you're perfectly right on this last point: it makes money and that's all that matters.
As the game ages, the policies are more and more lenient. As a player I find this nice as you can keep things running and players are still scared enough to keep things somewhat under control.
As an employee, it's not fun to ban people even when they're people that deserve it.

There isn't any Chuck Norris left in the GM teams otherwise most of the people posting here would be on their 20th character or gone.
 Ragnarok.Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-09-21 18:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You're putting words into my mouth. I never claimed anything in regards to if they play or not or whether or not they can "force" changes. I have no idea what "shortcuts" you claim I take that you refer to either.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-09-21 18:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You read the word "management" as "people in charge of making changes to this game". That's the shortcut I spoke of.

It's like you completely ignored the fact that SE is divided in 3 regions and that companies of this size have multiple, sometimes big departments, each of them being split per region.

Or maybe I misunderstood your complaint.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9