Insurgency possibly bugged or buffed
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-09-19 12:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

On a kind of related "since the update" topic, ive noticed much higher skillchain dmg when doing 5step on sam in dyna. It happened multiple runs since the patch. Anyone else notice this?
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-09-19 12:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like a distinct advantage for mythic weapons. If it doesn't get patched. High multi attack and high WSD.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-19 12:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well mythics need that boost. multi attack became so damn common mythics having lower base damage makes them unusable.

But if it works across the board then it doesn't matter, still not going to use them.
By SimonSes 2018-09-19 12:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I just want to see someone do RF/VS/AS in their normal set, then in a 50% WSD set.

Doesn't really matter if every other ws got better, they were already good. Show dat MNK. (and pup pummels~)

But.. RF set had WSD in it anyway? It will just be much more efficient now, so I would need to actually make a set without WSD to test it that way XD
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-19 12:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This would be really funny if the only way they could make "RME damage +10~20%" on the new augs work (in their minds) was to alter the way WSD works in general. Oops.

WTG shift the entire paradigm of the game on accident...

Ok, so, totes, Jinpu, Hot Shot, and Blade: Chi just got even moar brokened.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-19 12:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Highly doubt this was accidental. The WSD on rema weapons would monumentally suck if they were only for the first hit. Meanwhile, leaden salute, Fudo, Last Stand, Trueflight get more potent increases to their respective weapons, if going by (single/dual hit) WSD activating on 1st only.

If anything, this brings up other weapons closer to Samurai and Corsair potential, breaks Stardiver and Resolution, and might give MNK something to be happy about. I'm not about to put my cape on just yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they looked back and said 10% increase to Insurgency <> 10% Increase to Leaden Salute. Almost as if it was the only way to make them comparative increases. Then again.

Frod will submit this as a bug shortly anyways.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-19 12:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think this affects Hot shot. It was 1 hit anyways with a magical and physical component. WSD applied to both parts I thought.
By clearlyamule 2018-09-19 12:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Don't think this affects Hot shot. It was 1 hit anyways with a magical and physical component. WSD applied to both parts I thought.
This. For Hybrids wsd was already applied to the physical part which was then taken for the magical and applied again (effectively squaring the wsd for the magical part). However being used on the multi hits for melee ones could be cool
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-09-19 12:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Highly doubt this was accidental. The WSD on rema weapons would monumentally suck if they were only for the first hit. Meanwhile, leaden salute, Fudo, Last Stand, Trueflight get more potent increases to their respective weapons, if going by (single/dual hit) WSD activating on 1st only.

The special multipliers on Relic and Mythic weapons always applied to the entire WS. My guess is that they were trying to add onto those terms and *** up.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-19 12:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Jinpu and Chi can still multi on the first hit and wsd would apply to those hits (it didnt before) making it do even more damage.

right?
By SimonSes 2018-09-19 12:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pyrrhic Kleos test on NIN yagudo with 37% WSD in gear:

No shadows dmg: 3344, 3381 (got more around same damage)
3 shadows: 3425
2 shadows: 3361
1 shadow: 3320

Now I can say for sure that at least Pyrrhic Kleos now have WSD bonus applying to all hits. I might test more WSs, but probably not today.
By clearlyamule 2018-09-19 12:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Jinpu and Chi can still multi on the first hit and wsd would apply to those hits (it didnt before) making it do even more damage.

right?
IN theory yes. Would need a lot more testing though. I mean all we got right now is abnormal dmgs that imply this on a couple of ws and what looks like more or less confirmation on 2nd hit at least. For all we know it's only 2nd hit or only for true multi hit ws or whatever
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-19 12:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Now I can say for sure that at least Pyrrhic Kleos now have WSD bonus applying to all hits. I might test more WSs, but probably not today.

You really have to do it to something with enough HP to survive.

Go Kleos something with 20k hp in no wsd then do it again in max wsd~ Just to see the difference.
[+]
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2018-09-19 12:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
How many hits is insurgency. Could test on some kind of ninja mob (possibly tonberry in ugly temple) to get shadows to absorb the first 3 hits? to see about WSD on all hits?
Insurgency is 4 hits. The initial hit has a 6.0 fTP at 3k TP with the follow up hits landing at 1.0 fTP . I actually tried fighting Ninja and White Mage mobs in Castle Oztroja [S] but I got odd TP returns when I WS'd blink or utsusemi, giving me TP returns as if the first hit landed regardless of how many shadows I hit. I also tested in PvP vs a Pld/Nin and got the same problem, so I disregarded the data from blinked hits and only took data from when the first hit clearly missed. Testing was aggrevating that way, but I got results.

Did anyone else have similar issues testing vs shadows?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-19 12:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mims said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
How many hits is insurgency. Could test on some kind of ninja mob (possibly tonberry in ugly temple) to get shadows to absorb the first 3 hits? to see about WSD on all hits?
Insurgency is 4 hits. The initial hit has a 6.0 fTP at 3k TP with the follow up hits landing at 1.0 http://fTP. I actually tried fighting Ninja and White Mage mobs in Castle Oztroja [S] but I got odd TP returns when I WS'd blink or utsusemi, giving me TP returns as if the first hit landed regardless of how many shadows I hit. I also tested in PvP vs a Pld/Nin and got the same problem, so I disregarded the data from blinked hits and only took data from when the first hit clearly missed. Testing was aggrevating that way, but I got results.

Did anyone else have similar issues testing vs shadows?

This looks like what happened with simons test. Shadows not a valid test.
By clearlyamule 2018-09-19 12:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Little confusing exactly what you are trying to say here. Are you trying to use shadows to let 1 specific hit in each time?

Because iirc testing from a very very long time ago (want to say Byrth did it) seemed to imply it did weird things like this normally and the hit that actually first connected would always seem to be the first hit of the ws
By SimonSes 2018-09-19 13:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmmm... Ok then NIN doesnt work so what does? Only missing a hit randomly? But that will onyl confirm it for 2nd hit, like I did with Entropy.

@Eiryl. You would need to add quite a lot of WSD but keep WSC at the same lvl, also STP to be sure how many hits you are doing and buff yourself hard to cap attack. I might need to check how easy it will be gear wise.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-19 13:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, it doesn't have to be a perfect test.

Zero wsd does 10k max wsd does 20k

You're not trying to nail perfect numbers here, just proving it does work.

Like an abyssea nm where you will be capped even if you drop some gear.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-19 13:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Do it on a Qutrub NM. Would be impossible to not immediately notice the difference. Also, don't test things like this in Ballista because there are heavy damage scalings for nearly everything except Quick Draw. Might be able to use Ballista PLD using Sentinel to spot the difference. Can't be from the front, though.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-19 13:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, feeling happy I took the time to make Lib and keep the sets updated. More interested to know if this will change how we set up for Reso.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-19 13:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

alternatively people can do proper controlled tests
clearlyamule said: »

right?
IN theory yes. Would need a lot more testing though. I mean all we got right now is abnormal dmgs that imply this on a couple of ws and what looks like more or less confirmation on 2nd hit at least. For all we know it's only 2nd hit or only for true multi hit ws or whatever
seriously, all these tests and almost none of it means a thing since none of them are in properly controlled conditions
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-09-19 13:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Plenty of ways. Use tp returns. Use math on damage returns. Use a mob that you know you can cap pdif on and even with a little variance can only survive so many hits of the ws. Use something crazy with non varying dmg like idk Jishnu/last stand.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-19 13:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Any multihit that crits is out, you need too many ws's.

Dude doing PK should have solid numbers, just has to do it to something that survives

Last stands... did seem to be doing crazy amounts of damage yesterday. 47k in ambu VD. I just wrote it off to them being really well geared.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-19 14:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Jishnu's Radiance would be a fairly easy way to test crit weaponskills. The damage is constant on level 0 mobs and it has a 5% of missing the first hit.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-19 14:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I'd hold off assuming it works across the board and for all weapons. If it is on Mythic weapons only then it is deserved for them but even if it got a 10% damage boost across the board Insurgency is not going to become the go to WS for DRK, is it?

It was already pretty strong with Lib. I use it when I'm not getting super buffed as the AM3 is nice and I can skillchain with my dad's WAR very well.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-09-19 15:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Any multihit that crits is out, you need too many ws's.
or 2 in abyssea
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-19 16:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's applying to all weaponskills, I wonder if they grouped weaponskill damage bonus gear with the rmea weaponskill damage bonus. Should be easy to test with Coronach.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-09-19 16:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Did someone say Blade: Metsu?
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-19 16:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lunatone said: »
Did someone say Blade: Metsu?

If it's true then Shun would eclipse Metsu completely. I'm busy at work for the next few days so I can't really test much.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9