Insurgency possibly bugged or buffed
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-20 11:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The fighters especially since it can double attack on each hit, and possibly impact the magical portion of it equally as well.

WS's with more then one hit only get 2 MA rolls, not one MA roll per hit. Blade: Chi is a 3 hit WS, Jinpu is a two hit, Kagero is a one hit. The total damage from physical is used as base for the magical component, so any MA's you get directly add to your magical damage before MAB / WSD / ect multipliers.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-09-20 13:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Frailty/Malaise were the only real buffs on my screenshot.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-20 13:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So obviously quite stronger than it was (obviously)

Who did the Blade: Chi's earlier, like 6 months ago, wasn't it you
By Ruaumoko 2018-09-20 14:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Me or Zetaking most likely.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-20 21:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This is pretty dumb, lol. Got a 72k Reso on a Volte Crusader on DRK, so I have no doubts that WAR will be hitting 99999 with Mighty Strikes up.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-20 22:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... resolution is what is going to get this changed back. Sucks, because I think it's a good change for everything else.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-20 22:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's "fair" for almost everything. Reso and hybrids being the outliers.

Though, I haven't seen how broken a CDC could be, so reserving that judgement.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-21 00:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Considering the difficulty in balancing crit rate/damage for those WS, it'll be a boost but not as complete of a boost as other multi-hit WS, so it should just line it up with the top and not overtake it. So I think it's a good thing there.

Resolution is just going to be broken though.
By SimonSes 2018-09-21 00:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Considering the difficulty in balancing crit rate/damage for those WS, it'll be a boost but not as complete of a boost as other multi-hit WS, so it should just line it up with the top and not overtake it. So I think it's a good thing there.

Resolution is just going to be broken though.

It wouldnt be that bad if not a RUN and Lionheart tbh. For DRK Reso will only spike high but only at 3000tp and very rarely, because you lose most of multi attack to get that WSD. WAR has adventage oh high native DA and Warcry so especially during zergs Reso will be quite broken for him too, but outside of warcry it should be on avg at least not broken. Now RUN is whole other story. Lionheart having tp bonus and higher dmg and now augmentable with resolution dmg +10% and RUN ability to keep multiattack high with temper is what makes Reso broken in normal non zerg scenario.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-09-21 01:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but RUN also has access to less WSD than DRK or WAR.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-21 01:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Every job has essentially the same wsd capabilities give or take a %

They don't get the easy 10% AF+3 and 10% Relic+3 though
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-09-21 01:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

that's obviously what I'm referring to- I don't really count DM *** and the other high stats (STR, accuracy, attack) that are present on WAR AF1 body/AF2 head and DRK AF1 body/AF2 make a significant difference as well.
By SimonSes 2018-09-21 02:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That's true but even with 40% that I managed to easily include in their theoretical Reso set, makes RUN completely broken with augmented Lionheart.

For DRKs, spikes will be huge, but avg Reso especially at 1000TP wont be that broken.
For WARs, spikes damage will be huge and avg Reso will also be noticeably higher and in zerg situation it will be compeltely broken with warcry taking care of TP scaling and 1hr taking care of force crits and force double attacks. On the other hand Upheaval with augemnted Chango will probably be not much behind.
For RUNs, even with 35-40% WSD, avg Reso even at 1000TP will be high af and we are talking about very tanky job here.

There will be literally no reason to use anything else for damage than RUNs, unless it's a zerg then also WAR.

I mean there is one other job that could compete in damage and is kinda completely broken while spamming at 1000TP too, but not many ppl care about this job. It's DNC. Pyrrhic Kleos with augmented Terpsi and with AM3 might have the higest avg at 1000TP for all WSs now.
By SimonSes 2018-09-21 03:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If you see this guy, punch him in the face.

https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Bahamut/Baniak

You know it's me, right? lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-21 03:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I did not, but now I do.
By SimonSes 2018-09-21 03:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You really want to play this game for few months and don't know if you collect expensive gear for possibly bugged mechanic only to get it fixed later and make all your effort useless? Sorry, but I don't

It's really stupid idea to try to hide it as long as possible and base your gameplay and gearing on possible bug. Think about it more and you will understand it.
[+]
By Justuas 2018-09-21 03:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you see this guy, punch him in the face. twice.

https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Bahamut/Baniak
Someone actually plays in Bahamut?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-21 03:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You're just changing a macro(lua). Its all ***you should already have.

And you should be happy to use it while you can.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-09-21 03:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
Nope. It's horrible here. No one should come here.
[+]
By Marootsoobootsu 2018-09-21 03:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Justuas said: »
Nope. It's horrible here. No one should come here.

I don't believe you.

But I believe Lucile.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-09-21 03:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if you are trolling or not.

I dont even want to explain to you how many new stuff you will need for various jobs, because Im not gonna waste my time.

I can answer your second suggestion tho. Being able to play with "OP" mode for few months only to get reduced in power later would be lame af. Everyone hates the nerfs and if they would fix it after you get used to it, it would feel like a really hard nerf for almost everyone.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2018-09-21 06:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just further imbalances the game is all, actually coulda been nice for mon ftp transferred ws imo
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-09-21 06:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

I dont even want to explain to you how many new stuff you will need for various jobs, because Im not gonna waste my time.

I can answer your second suggestion tho. Being able to play with "OP" mode for few months only to get reduced in power later would be lame af. Everyone hates the nerfs and if they would fix it after you get used to it, it would feel like a really hard nerf for almost everyone.
Nothing but negativity.

The stuff needed is literally what SAM uses to WS. So, getting this gear means gearing SAM "properly" and means that even if they revert this change, the gear will still be useful.

There is literally no reason to be negative at all and there is absolutely no loss in gathering this equipment for most if not all jobs.
And even if there is, this is what playing a MMO, even moreso FFXI, is about.

Chill.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-09-21 07:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

Nothing but negativity.

The stuff needed is literally what SAM uses to WS. So, getting this gear means gearing SAM "properly" and means that even if they revert this change, the gear will still be useful.

There is literally no reason to be negative at all and there is absolutely no loss in gathering this equipment for most if not all jobs.
And even if there is, this is what playing a MMO, even moreso FFXI, is about.

Chill.

If you cant grasp a concept of playing more than one job and being already hard pressed by making choices like limited to 2.5 capes per month ambu capes, what REMA to make, what HQ to get etc. not to mention limited inventory space, then you probably won't understand that.

I'm far from being negative lol. I just want to make sure that my decisions aren't based on a bugged mechanic. Sure MMO is about getting new gear, but MMO is not about exploiting possible bugs, unless you like it then fine, do it.

You agve me an example of one job and you want to prove something? Ok I will give you an example of one job too. There is literally 0 other reason to get Herculean feet/legs/hands/body/head and ambu cape for RUN with WSD/STR. You know how long it can take to get good WSD/STR augments on Herculean?
By SimonSes 2018-09-21 07:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »

We can observe that by seeing you're still stuck at pre-adoulin idle on your bard, or maybe you haven't figured out lockstyle yet.

My profile havent been updated for like 7 years. I had 6 years break. Came back around the end of last year and lost access to my GW account and now I can't update my profile at all. I have tried to write to GW support many times but I think it doesn't exist anymore, since I never got any response.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-09-21 07:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Think he was implying most people already play multiple jobs/have wsd herc.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-09-21 08:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Think he was implying most people already play multiple jobs/have wsd herc.

The only other jobs that use WSD/str Herc is MNK and NIN and only for feet/hands and body slot. Both are nishe jobs and even ppl who play them sometimes don't care enough to build those pieces for Ten and Raging Fist/Tornado Kick, because they use Kikoku/Kannagi or Veret and have other priorities.

Anyway that was only example. If you start to mix max you will have a lot more like for example feet/legs/hands WSD/STR Oddysean/Valorous for WAR zergs.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9