2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » April 2018 Version Update
April 2018 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Afania 2018-04-04 23:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gerrott said: »
Counter loses appeal to me because how often is it going to proc on TP moves? Parry can and PDT always will help reduce physical tp moves/aoe.

Parry seems more appealing to me because anytime I pull hate and ended up tanking on cor I click that "oh ***get my shadows up" button. I don't feel safe to drop my shadows for counter procs. With how low cor white dmg is it doesn't seem to worth the risk.

1 pdt-, 1 mdt-, 1 status resist for 3 tp back depending on different target. Then parry back for max pdt- set after capping PDT- in other slots. That's how I would do it personally, as a cor/nin enthusiast at least.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-05 00:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll make the question idiot proof.

Let's pretend you're on DRG, doing salvage. Which new aug would you put on your tp cape.

Counters, parry, (DT or PDT)

One of them will statistically be best. (although for this particular case regen would probably end up the most ideal, regen not being an option)

The answer, is only one word (or initials) you can show your work if you feel inclined to do so.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-04-05 00:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Think the real idiot proof question would be: why are you doing Salvage on DRG
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-05 00:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You wanna take an actual attempt or just be a ***.

Picked DRG, because if I said "blu" > "just aoe why are you even wearing a tp cape"
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-04-05 00:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems pretty actual for me. For someone who often calls people idiots and throws around their weight like they're some hot ***, I'd expect you to at least do salvage on a proper job. Maybe I expected too much?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-04-05 00:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean honestly it doesn't matter which one of those stats you take for something like salvage. If you're that worried about dying to ilv99 mobs, wear some evasion gear. If you're fighting something that's actually dangerous enough to where you need counter or parry for trust mp efficiency or whatever, go for counter if you aren't using shadows and parry if you are using shadows. Don't see why this is difficult.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-05 00:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Motha *** salvage has nothing to do with it. It's a random scenario.

It's called hypothetical.

"an enemy that is incapable of gaining tp or losing health is hitting you for 100 damage *at a fixed rate, forever, which augment (and single augment alone) will keep you alive the longest" You are engaged. *on WAR **using a great sword ***and cant move

A) Counter rate
B) Parry rate
C) PDT 10%
D) No *** clue
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-04-05 00:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypothetical scenarios don't work when they're stupid tho.

Hypothetically I could say 10% counter is better for fighting goblin butchers... But that would hypothetically be assuming that I'm hypothetically being hit to begin with
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-05 00:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Even a level 1 mob will hit you 5% of the time
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-04-05 00:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

At which point you're either reducing your hypothetical 100 damage by 10 or you're reducing your 100 damage by 100 10% of the time. See where I'm going with this?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-05 00:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

See here's the thing that's not the case with parry.

You already have a set parry rate. and you can add 5% to it.

While DT 10 and counter 10 are "basically" the same, the parry option is statistically better, or worse, not equal.

And in a "real" scenario 10DT and 10 counter are -not- equal.

10pdt will ALWAYS give the mob tp from hitting you. 10 counter can miss and give zero tp to the mob.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-04-05 00:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

No one claimed for it to be equal, but you'd be a fool to assume that they function the same way and are useful in the same situations. Once again, if you're using shadows use parry+5%,if you are not use counter+10%.if you're hypothetically fighting a hypothetical beast that only uses physical tp moves and your fingers are broken so you cant swap into a pdt set, use - 10% pdt.

This is ignoring that you can't counter tp moves but you can parry them
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-05 00:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Then just say counters, instead of wasting mine and your time

Tp moves are irrelevant to the situation.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-04-05 00:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no situation where you'd be worried about any of these stats where tp moves are irrelevant but ok LMAO
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-05 00:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Your opinion of being "worried about" or "where tp moves matter" aren't required.

Question:Answer is the only data needed.

Realistically 10% counter rate will never get you /actual/ 10% counter rate. and lessened/chance at zero tp given

10% PDT will always (aside from rounding) get you exactly 10% less damage 100% of the time. but full tp given

Adding 5% parry will always result in zero tp given but not actually 5% of the time

It'd be great to know which one ends up being statistically the best. But having to dumb it down to get a god damn answer ruins the point.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-04-05 00:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, maybe if the game worked in a binary 0 and 1 way like you seem to think it does, but here in reality land my "opinions" are actually facts. Sorry if your mind is too feeble to understand why parry+5% could be better than counter+10% in some scenarios, I can't really dumb it down any further than I already have.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-05 00:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I did -not- ask about "some" scenarios.

Yes, parry CAN be better because it CAN parry TP moves.

This has -nothing- to do with what I want to know.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-04-05 01:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm legit at a loss for words as to how you're failing to process that there is no statistically superior stat between the two because they're both best for different things. If you want 1 set that's best for everything play ffxiv
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-05 01:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
statistically superior stat between the two because they're both

> asked about 3 different things

I want the one thats best for what I want it to be best at. Not possibilities. Not "different things" "one thing" "SPECIFICALLY"

It's not that hard.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-04-05 01:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Including pdt is *** stupid because it's garbage in a vast majority of situations so I'm not even bothering to address it from this point on. If you want to take raw mitigation take dt-% so it works on magic attacks too.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-05 01:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If I didn't include it, then you'd be bitching "why isnt pdt an option"
You're still talking "majority" and "situations"

I'm asking "singular" "situation, no (s)"

Asura.Eiryl said: »
"an enemy that is incapable of gaining tp or losing health is hitting you for 100 damage *at a fixed rate, forever, which augment (and single augment alone) will keep you alive the longest" You are engaged. *on WAR **using a great sword ***and cant move

A) Counter rate
B) Parry rate
C) PDT 10%
D) No *** clue
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-04-05 01:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well no, because it's garbage. Don't see me trying to include mdt either. Because it would be garbage.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-05 01:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

"Either you or a different random person instead of you would be bitching why isn't pdt an option"
By Sockfoot 2018-04-05 01:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I want the one thats best for what I want it to be best at. Not possibilities. Not "different things" "one thing" "SPECIFICALLY"

It's not that hard.
Genuinely curious, why are you always such an ***? Does your life suck so much that you feel the need to be like this all the time on a forum/video game?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-04-05 01:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Your singular situation means nothing because it's nonsensical and draws no parallels to how the game actually operates. Trying to put a label on something based on your strange ideas about a mythical rabbit that can only hit for 100dmg and has no tp moves or a drg in salvage has no impact on anything other than your headcanon, in which case, since you're making ***up anyway, you can just make any one of the stats on the list be as good as you want. That's how things work in imagination land.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-05 01:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sockfoot said: »

It's not that hard.
Genuinely curious, why are you always such an ***? Does your life suck so much that you feel the need to be like this all the time on a forum/video game?

Obviously
[+]
By Sockfoot 2018-04-05 01:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sockfoot said: »

It's not that hard.

Obviously
*hug*
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-05 01:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Your singular situation means nothing because it's nonsensical and draws no parallels to how the game actually operates. Trying to put a label on something based on your strange ideas about a mythical rabbit that can only hit for 100dmg and has no tp moves or a drg in salvage has no impact on anything other than your headcanon, in which case, since you're making ***up anyway, you can just make any one of the stats on the list be as good as you want. That's how things work in imagination land.

Incorrect. There is a clear answer. It's irrelevant if the game 'actually works that way'

Given the parameters, answer the question. One of the options -will- win. Independently of how the game operates.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8