April 2018 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-05 07:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
In a fight of 100 attacks until you die, parry/counter can be better, sure! In reality you're only 2-3 hits from dead in some of these fights, if that 10% PDT gets me +1 hit consistently, it's best. I'd rather not pray RNG goes my way, I've been playing FFXI long enough to know not to bet on that.

For non-tanks I'm going to explain how "OMFG please don't die" sets actually work. They aren't to reduce your healers MP load or other silliness they are to give your healer more time to react. In this game time has become the limiting factor for casters, no matter what your gear or abilities, upon casting any spell there is a 3s global lockout where you can not start any other action. So if a WHM is casting haste right as a DD pulls hate, that DD needs to survive 5~6 seconds until the WHM can respond with a cure. So you put on your "please let me live" set and hope you survive long enough and your WHM has half a brain to cast heals as the tank pulls it back. Now sometimes the enemy does an action that you can't respond to fast enough, Orcish counterstance comes to mind. I've seen jobs like BLU and COR instantly dropped by counters the moment I pull hate and the Orc NM looks at me putting them in the frontal arc for counters. There are a few other moves that are nearly instant charge time and that's when having a "hybrid DD" set works best.
[+]
By Afania 2018-04-05 09:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I think this argument is absurd, honestly.

In a fight of 100 attacks until you die, parry/counter can be better, sure! In reality you're only 2-3 hits from dead in some of these fights, if that 10% PDT gets me +1 hit consistently, it's best. I'd rather not pray RNG goes my way, I've been playing FFXI long enough to know not to bet on that.

I think Parry or Counter only works for a tank scenario where they're already at 50% PDT (and parry wins) or a niche hybrid scenario for everyone else. PDT is going to be the standard augment that will more reliably work for you and you can count on and build a set around.

Totally Agreed. The way I look at parry is that if I'm sometimes pulling hate and NM does not use dangerous tp move, parry proc reduce shadow consumption thus increase dps, due to less recast. I can just let healers cure me if I take dmg.

If I'm under the risk of dying from 2000 dmg tp moves, pdt- (in both tp and ws set) will more likely to save my *** from random death that may happen because of lag or slow reflex *** up.

Saving mp from cure with parry proc is a silly argument in real Endgame. Most whm sit at near full mp most of the time, reduce the risk from random death(pdt- mdt- dt-) or increase dps(status resist or parry) would be what determines what to wear.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-05 09:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't take things out of context, there's no argument.

If I want to know about a specific scenario, I ONLY want to know about a specific scenario. It does -not- matter why. It does -not- matter if that scenario is impossible.

Answer the question, that was asked,as it was asked. Period. Or don't. Both, and ONLY, those options, are the acceptable responses.

If I ask, what color should I want the water in my coloring book, I want your opinion.

If I ask, what color is the correct color to make the water in my coloring book. There is only one acceptable answer.

Not; "well if you're on mars it'd be this color" "why are you coloring the water" "is it night time or day time" "i would make the water..." "I don't like blue!"
 Bahamut.Newzarb
Server: Bahamut
user: newzarb
By Bahamut.Newzarb 2018-04-05 10:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The correct answer to "what color should I want the water in my coloring book" would then be blurple, just like the adaberk !
By Nyarlko 2018-04-05 11:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you don't take things out of context, there's no argument.

If I want to know about a specific scenario, I ONLY want to know about a specific scenario. It does -not- matter why. It does -not- matter if that scenario is impossible.

Answer the question, that was asked,as it was asked. Period. Or don't. Both, and ONLY, those options, are the acceptable responses.

If I ask, what color should I want the water in my coloring book, I want your opinion.

If I ask, what color is the correct color to make the water in my coloring book. There is only one acceptable answer.

Not; "well if you're on mars it'd be this color" "why are you coloring the water" "is it night time or day time" "i would make the water..." "I don't like blue!"

The correct answer to any improperly defined question is, has been, and shall eternally be "42". If you want a different answer, you need to ask a different question. :3

My vote is for color 42 for your coloring book. ^^
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-04-05 11:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone elses Gearswap export showing weirdness with new cape augs?

tried to export a new aug cape with resist status aug,

back={ name="Rosmerta's Cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','Crit.hit rate+10','System: 1 ID: 1158 Val: 4',}},
By Boshi 2018-04-05 11:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

That's how they register for now, with gearswap update it'll be updated I'm assuming.

should needle that acc10 -> dex10
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-04-05 11:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

heh that breaks things for a bit then. wouldnt upgrade cape until thats fixed imo
By Boshi 2018-04-05 12:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean it works if you put that in right now,
when it gets fixed you can just highlight it and replace all.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-06 01:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps Counter+10 would be better suited for a BLU melee cape for specific instances when you're soloing. Orcish Counterstance alone is 10% counter, so 1/5 attacks is a counter attack. Since Occultation blink only has a 50/50 chance to evade an attack, that's a pretty nifty added defensive measure, if it matters.
By geigei 2018-04-06 01:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Occultation blink only has a 50/50 chance to evade an attack
Wait, wut?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-06 01:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Copy_Image
Quote:
Blink has a 50% chance to not absorb damage/enfeeble spells, but otherwise works the same way as Utsusemi.

According to this page, blink status is 50% chance. That's what I'm going off of.
By geigei 2018-04-06 01:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but occultation page haz it listed at 75%, i think is even higher.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-06 01:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

OK thanks for the correction. Even better reason counter would be beneficial on BLU.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-06 01:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My previous comment aside, I think I've also been convinced to make a new TP cape for when I'm not in any danger to give my THF parrying. I already /RUN most of the time so it also works on that and a little bonus TP. I already put PDT on my normal TP cape but I'll just make a new set, it's whatever.
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2018-04-06 07:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
heh that breaks things for a bit then. wouldnt upgrade cape until thats fixed imo
you can upgrade and not be worried. as it is, unless you start duping your capes for some MDT and PDT version sillyness (yeah, idk who out here still has room for duping all their capes for all theri jobs. i'd need 2 more wardrobes for that...), you dont even need to upgrade your lua. windower will already know there's only one cape that fit the first 3/4 augments and will pick the proper cape even if you added the resine augment. i suppose it would be a different matter if that resine augment wasnt read last in the pool of augments but as it stands, you can go on with your existing lua and not worry.
By Quizzy 2018-04-06 08:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My augments have come through fine as of yesterday. Issue might be limited to specific ones?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Brake 2018-04-07 12:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Was there any consensus on Mag Eva+15 vs +All Status Resist+10? I'm leaning towards +All Status Resist for War TP cape. Also, putting -DT on WS and Hybrid cape. Any input is greatly appreciated.
By tyalangan 2018-04-07 12:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds situational. Someone suggested Status Resist for low meva job as the 10 would outweigh the benefit of 15 from being meva floored. However, if high meva you would want MORE meva which would outweigh the 10 from status. This has not been fully tested so take it with a grain of salt.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-07 12:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Brake said: »
Was there any consensus on Mag Eva+15 vs +All Status Resist+10? I'm leaning towards +All Status Resist for War TP cape. Also, putting -DT on WS and Hybrid cape. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Go with the Status Resist +10 if your wanting to reduce enfeebling effects. MEVD works by stacking large amounts of it and 15 isn't going to make or break anything as it's only a 7.5% initial resist rate. A job like RUN might be interested because they get so much naturally and buff themselves specifically for MEVD. Now if it was 50 MEVD then we'd be having a different discussion.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-04-07 12:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Brake said: »

Go with the Status Resist +10 if your wanting to reduce enfeebling effects. MEVD works by stacking large amounts of it and 15 isn't going to make or break anything as it's only a 7.5% initial resist rate. A job like RUN might be interested because they get so much naturally and buff themselves specifically for MEVD. Now if it was 50 MEVD then we'd be having a different discussion.

I agree with this, status effects cripple melees a lot more than taking some damage which can be healed many different ways. The WHM is often busy looking after the tank to deal with it right away.

Also you can gear for Magic Evasion if you really need it, unlike this stat which you don't find much of on most jobs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [361 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-04-03 10:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol whm buff while simultaneously nerfing cor with it.
By fonewear 2019-04-03 10:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely worth the 361 day bump.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-04-03 10:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Definitely worth the 361 day bump.
The masterstroke would be a pup buff that nerfs mnk.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8