The Official BGWiki Thread!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The Official BGWiki Thread!
The Official BGWiki Thread!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By Foxfire 2020-04-27 12:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm pretty sure bluegartr as of what, 13+ years ago? and now are pretty different but alright
By Mattelot 2020-04-27 12:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt it. My first time even trying to go there for information, I posted in a thread that wasn't really that old. I got banned for it right away (for necro-bumping) and the admin called me a "***" (derogatory word for a gay person) (wtf?). This was over a decade ago. I tried emailing and seeing if things could be reverted and get no reply.

That's my problem with some forums and "necro-bumping." You get told "there are already threads about this" and if you post in one, someone has a problem and cries "necro!" yet if you make a new thread instead... the circle continues.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-04-27 12:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at all this reaching out from spicy on the wiki, BUT WAIT, now the reaching out has been changed to "reaching out through discord" which they know he no longer had

Poor spicy, he should have known to reach out... through discord, and not through the wiki
[+]
By spengler 2020-04-27 12:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

spicy is a cancer, always has been a cancer on any ffxi forums.

carrotchan is his boyfriend or something. spicy would have been banned from BG long ago if it wasn't for his contributions to the wiki. the dude is very hard to handle as everyone that's worked with him has alluded to.

carrot, i'd strongly suggest advising spicy to stay away from FFXI related communication mediums as he clearly cannot handle them.

according to the posts that ragn's also provided, spicy has asked to be removed from the wiki/forums several times after throwing several tantrums and this was the last straw. not surprising carrot would not include that though
By RadialArcana 2020-04-27 12:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Instead he decides to constantly revert edits with little reasoning other than he didn't like the term trash mobs.

Trash mobs is a wow term, why is it even on a ffxi wiki in the first place?
[+]
By Foxfire 2020-04-27 12:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Instead he decides to constantly revert edits with little reasoning other than he didn't like the term trash mobs.

Trash mobs is a wow term, why is it even on a ffxi wiki in the first place?
ask the people in SE that decided to name them this way in an official update thread

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56549-Announcing-the-March-Version-Update?p=624983&highlight=trash+mobs#post624983

Quote:
Odyssey is what we dubbed internally “exploration-centric content” that contains not only battles against trash mobs, but also the ability to spawn various notorious monsters based on various items and the presence of various objects with special gimmicks—elements which we hope will provide for a more varied adventuring experience.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-04-27 12:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've locked and unstickied this thread.

[Edit: since a couple of people asked, I locked/unstickied this because it was turning into a flame fest around someone who isn't even here to defend himself. If the BG-Wiki people want to post patch notes, they're welcome to make a new thread, which I will promptly sticky.]
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9