The Official BGWiki Thread!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The Official BGWiki Thread!
The Official BGWiki Thread!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Leviathan.Loona
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Loona
By Leviathan.Loona 2016-05-17 08:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
I consider this about the same thing. While they are both good ideas, it is just too much work to list those things out.

I guess they're nice-to-haves, and the wiki could use other kinds of efforts beforehand, which is why I'm trying to cover existing link issues, like pages not being linked to, pages not linking to anything, uncategorized pages, and red links that can be solved through a redirect or fixing a typo.

Speaking of which, which zone-related template would have to be updated to get zones to be categorized not unlike AH-able items, so they'd automatically get covered by the Areas category, and maybe one related to their region and/or expansion, and maybe type (ex.: Town, Open Area, Dungeon, Battlefield Arena)?

As far as I can tell most are protected, so I guess they can't be edited, or I'm just not figuring out how to do that. It's a bit annoying to check the special Uncategorized Articles list and see that most of that consists of areas.

Quote:
I always assume people are using FFXIAH's Power Search feature to find STR+ gear for instance. The only flaw with that system is that it doesnt list augments. That's why we need to be sure that all augments are properly listed/linked on the wiki side.

That's handy for basic stats and older magic skill types, but it seems one can't use it to find gear for Blue Magic or Geomancy skill, for example, not to mention even more uncommon stats like Weapon Skill Accuracy.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-19 01:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this thread isn't meant for people to dump random data (or is it?), but anyway I did some Siren science, because I just had to know.

- Absorbs wind damage
- All regular attacks are single target physical
- Very resistant to Finale, probably all Light-based
Lunatic Voice: AoE Mute 10'
Sonic Buffet: Conal 10' Wind Breath + Dispel (maybe 2 max?) and like 4' knockback
Hysteric Assault: Multihit Physical Drain, single target
Entice: Conal 10' Charm + Attack Boost on charmed targets
Clarsach Call: Large AoE (didn't check) heavy Wind Breath and gives her Attack/Defense/Evasion/Magic Atk/Magic Def/Magic Evade up.

Testing her physical damage taken, it's peculiar. Slashing was the worst, Blunt in the middle, and Piercing the best, but they all improved considerably with Tomahawk (no relic). Our calculations have her at 25% Slashing, 37.5% Blunt, 50% Piercing.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-05-19 16:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Spicyryan said:
Oh, no this is the place for that Jean. I will add that information to a page for the Siren.

Thank you a lot!

Anyone else is free to contribute in this manner as well.
I hate spicy
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-19 17:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Loona said: »
That's handy for basic stats and older magic skill types, but it seems one can't use it to find gear for Blue Magic or Geomancy skill, for example, not to mention even more uncommon stats like Weapon Skill Accuracy.
Blue magic skill

Geomancy skill

Handbell skill

Geomancy +

Weapon skill accuracy

Yes, it can find those stats. With a little thought you can even isolate top stats without explicitly searching for a specific value.

http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&slots[]=256&jobs[]=65536&description=magic%20evasion%2B1#adv

^Here's an example showing the highest meva feet BLU can wear by searching for magic evasion+1. BBCode doesn't like the brackets so I can't package it up neatly, sorry.

It's a very useful tool that's enabled a lot of my research over the years - the main thing it doesn't do that I'd want is a way to filter for multiple stats simultaneously using and/or/not logic. For example, searching "element: fire]+" turns up a lot of things that only give resist fire, when what I'm probably looking for nowadays are items that give resist+ to various elements such as Warder's Charm/+1, Carrier's Sash, or Engraved Belt. Likewise you can't search for meva and INT, STR and attack, etc.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2016-05-19 17:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the lesser known things on BG is a comprehensive list of all armor divided by slot. This doesn't really do what you are asking as far as advanced searches, but it might be useful to somebody.

Example:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Armor
List of all Bodies, for example: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Body

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Weapon
List of all Daggers, for example: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Dagger (Ya i know the Equipment Modifications section is out of date. I am going to get around to removing them.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-06-15 20:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Spicyryan said:
I don’t have write access to the forums this time around! So i won’t be formatting this all kewl and all shootin’ some B-ball outside of the school.

But a couple of guys they have been up to some good. Started making edits in your neighborhood.

We’ve done quite a few changes this month so don’t be scared because your eyes will be moving up and down a BG with that has care.

Wiki Changes:
*Loona is our newest editor and is really a big help. Welcome to the team, Loona.

*Loona - Fixed many various red links, instituted better redirection, and cleaned up many various things like families and NPC tables on zone pages across the wiki.

*AtrixWolfe (I am pretty sure this is Verda? Sorry, I can’t verify.) - Updated what seems like pretty much all the abilities, traits, and some mechanic pages with information from things like dev posts and JP wiki.
-This also means job pages have more specific traits updated to them.

*Some food additions and adjustments. This is a continuing project that will be refined overtime.

*Various semiuseful tweaks to various things and the typical overall improvements from everyone. E.g. Funk fixed a bug with thumbnail images appearing too large.

- E.g. clicking the new semi-invisible (same color text) link of “purification process” on a page like hexed bonnet will take you to the abjurations page. This to me was easier than linking the abjurations to the bottom of every page. This is random *** that I always get into.

-Changed the color of the {{guide}} tag from red orange with white text to just orange and black because the red orange was entirely *** terrible and made my eyes bleed.

-Also created a {{Collaborative Guide}} tag.
-You know, the little stuff.

NPC Changes:
*Quivers and Toolbags, yeah it is 2016; I know. I never use the page so I didn’t know Ominous Cloud was blank.
-New redirects as well, type “ninjutsu toolbag creation” or “quiver creation” “card case creation” “bolt creation”. Just don’t type ninjitsu.

*NPC Region Vendors all added to the pages for their wares
-Regional zone pages now have the NPCs and the prices of their wares
-Every item sold by one of the regional vendors has had all relevant information added to all of those item pages. Rejoice your missing NPC information is slowly getting in.

*Other item pages and NPCs were also done. This is a continuing project to fix missing information many continue to use clopedia for.

Guide Changes:
*The biggest news of the month. The Returning to Vana'diel guide has been updated.
Feel free to collaborate, amend, and add to the guide as long as it keeps with the overall mantra that has been put in place over the course of two version.

With the updated guide comes a new one I hope we can all work on as a community.
I created it out of necessity of unifying information into one place that people frequented. A post is only as good as it’s author and how well known it is. That and I wanted to link an internal source for info.
So, hopefully we can all build a collaborative leveling guide. At the very least if anyone else doesn’t then I will ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, but I have faith in you guys.

*So I present to you Fantastic EXPs and Where to Find Them!
--For now I will start it off simple with just the level range, zone, target(s) and (pos) locations, and comments. It will be in a format ANYONE can contribute to. Essentially less complicated than making a post here is. So there are no “I don’t know how to edit” excuses from any interested parties. Once things get filled in maybe Fae or someone amazing will create cool colored tables for the information and perhaps someone can even edit make maps to make pretty colored highlights over spots to camp (like lesser colibri at lvl 60-65).

* Improvements to the Out of the BLU, blue mage guide.
-Food section added.
-Rewriting of certain sections such as Sinister Reign for a cleaner (not to mention up to date) guide with less mess.
-- Although some people enjoy the sections I wrote while very drunk because they are more amusing. It needs to be somewhat coherent overall.

-Updated weapons flowchart with the new Arasay Sword and things. ( delayed until this weekend)
-Various tweaks to make it better. Thank you for using and enjoying my guide.

Things I planned on having done this month that are delayed:
*All cursed gear new and old has been doubled over to ensure the pages are done and done correctly.
-Template now used for upgrading cursed gear instead of relying on a note on the bottom of the page. (this is done at least)
-Links to augment NPCs weren’t there and now they are. Even though you all know which NPC to use. It makes it easier to navigate to the page right away. (still aren't, talking about reisen gear and things since I think I covered nolan’s items when that stuff came out)

The following crafting changes are partially (mostly) implemented
*Various crafting and subcraft information filled in for all crafts.
-The cooking page no longer has unknown leveled food. All craft pages were scoured to update subcrafts information.
-- All of the hexed gear has the missing sub craft information now.

*All Hexed gear now has related “used in” vexed synth links on the pages.

Future Projects:
*For future projects of the wiki you can always check Funkz talk page

*As for me I have various things still to catch up on as you can see, and little things to do that rattle around in my demented psyche. You may not be able to PM me here! But there is always the AH discord chat or the BG forums/BGwiki talk page.

AND! That wraps up this monthly update report of BGWiki. Thank you for continuing to enjoy the wiki, and thank you to all our editors.

As always, don’t be afraid to add your voice to the BG community.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-07-14 10:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Spicyryan said:
It has been about a month since the last update. So here we go!

Social
BG now has a wiki discord channel for all our editors. Feel free to join us and ask questions/seek help with the wiki here. This has been a really productive increase to the wiki, and is improving quality.

*We would like to welcome Mondegreen to the wiki. He has left behind the sinking ship of Clopedia and joined the cause. We are glad to have you.

Wiki Changes

*I changed the standard spell template. So now that icon of a scroll that no one ever knew to click is now labeled. Yes, we have separate pages for scrolls and spells.
-After that change, talks happened in discord, and Fae created the new referenced pages icon that everyone didn’t know was the link they all wanted. You have all noticed this by now.

*There have been some template changes and additions. To the template:quest usage table and quest reward table. They do more things now like campaign ops and records of eminence objectives based on type=op or =roe in the template.
*There is also now an augmented items template so we have something better than a note on all the pages.

*Darvamos (Chiaia) improved some job pages. Adding missing tables for job point bonuses, links to gifts, etc. There are a lot of job pages to sure up like this. This project will be completed over time.

*Funkworkz uploaded new image icons from the June update (food) to match the current ones.
-He has also finished going over the job points and gift pages. The tables for gifts are now collapsed by default so users are not on a massive page like before.

*Faequeencory updated the missions pages for expansions. Now they are prettier than ever and have reward information along the side.
Fae also started changing the colors of the main page from what I did a couple of years ago, and now it is uglier than ever. :P

*Carrot is the best ever

*Mondegreen is working on pages and templates. Aside from this he is a very busy bee. He has created a new one for automatically calculating an item’s guild point value (see poison dagger) and changes to the CSS for changing the colors of all the templates. We are planning on changing the template colors up depending on the topic.
You can see I have already started doing this. The currency exchange on the imperial currency pages and the augmentable items template on something like hagondes coat, are already different colors. Jazzing that ***up!

And, once again with the color nonsense. Funk, Fae, and Carrot tell me that my choice of red was uglier than ever :|

*Loona has continued fixing links and correcting or adding to zone pages which is very important and also incredibly boring. Loona is our favorite stick in the mud. Every month I shall acknowledge that he fixed links. We love you Loona. :P

*AF for BLU, COR, and LOLPUP was gone over and cleaned up.
**NPC pages for forging the equipment were already there except for LOLPUP which was now created.
-Ghatsad now has a section dedicated to the creation of frames. This page didn’t exist until now somehow.
--The Automaton page desperately needs work though. It is from the 75 era, and completely lacks information. I am 75% done with the new one though after grinding it out for the past few days in a row. It will be in next months announcement despite being done soon. I will ask Carrot to please let the PUPs know about the PUPdate when it is done.

*On a similar note, all materials related to the forging of ToAU AF armor and automatons such as imperial currency or wamoura cloth have been done.

*All materials related to Reforged AF, Relic, and Empy armor have had their pages noted for the use. Later I will go back and add anything missing to those pages.

*All weapons related to Oboro’s JSE weapons have been noted as used for the upgrade and the weapons themselves have been noted as augmentable.

*All escha gear has been marked as augmentable with a link to the materials used and the NPC responsible.
-All WKR stuff too.

*New redirect creations, such as:
-Type BLU AF for example to go to the AF forging page for it.
-Type Puppet Frame Creation to go to the page for making puppets
-Better redirects to mission pages. Now things like “toau missions” works direct to the page, no more nonsense!

*Chapuire of the Woodworking guide was cleaned up and his regular wares were added to all pages. Eventually all guild NPCs will be done, but don’t expect that anytime soon, although I might decide to just do most of them by next month or none at all. Probably none at all :P Feedback?
-Other NPCs like Taten-Bilten (CC in Al Zahbi) were touched up and put on pages. But, this is a drop in the bucket.

*All apex mobs for Dho Gates have been completely done. This includes level on the zone page, spawn amount, and the exact evasion and defense values on the mob page. Thanks to the work of the thread here on AH.com.
- More will be done in time. You can see I cover scattered stuff.

*Along with the augmented items template implementation. All the hundreds of pages for all sorts of skirmish armor, weapons, WKR items, etc have all been revisited and improved.

*Rejoice for the Kupons for the Intermediate RoE objectives have all been done and noted. Doing this caused a domino effect of massive edits to all sorts of content. This should be great for newer players as most of the old pages got some TLC. But, we are always chasing waterfalls.

*Various materials have been done. This is a random change each month to fill in missing NPC and item info.

*We plan on cleaning up the disaster of an RoE page in the future. As well as also planning on cleaning up and improving the Trust page, making the Mount page cooler in the face of new mounts coming out now, and a new beast jug pet page that should be pretty awesome in itself. The jug page design is already under construction by Fae, and it looks nice.

Guides
*The Fantastic EXPs and Where to Find Them guide has gotten a little work since it has been made last month. Overall I will slowly complete it if no one else jumps it. It is intended to be a collaborative guide though. I haven’t gotten balls deep with it yet at any rate.

*Out of the BLU has some more touch ups here and there.
-I have a brand new and much improved Gear Swap linked in there as well as an updated sword flowchart with a new “Sword of Shame” section where we can all laugh at Mimesis.
-I keep skimming things and cleaning them up or adding to them as I see them. I have been putting things in collapsible tables to make the guide easier to scroll through. It is an ‘at leisure’ sorta thing.

* Some various community improvements to the Returning to Vanadiel guide over the past month.

*Funkworkz is working on an editing guide for people. So anyone can learn to edit BG or maybe learn something new.

We are always looking for people to show their stuff in a guide on BG. Feel free to throw one together.

Overall, in the month since the last update notice; there have been about two dozen different editors for about 1.5K+ edits. It was a busy month! Thank you to everyone who enjoys, contributes, and is a part of BG.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-08-16 15:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicy here, and it has been a month since the last update. A lot of work was done once again so I will be posting the update notes tomorrow.

I am visiting Carrot atm, so I am commandeering her account at will for community projects like this. Please, don't start sending the mods/Rooks (especially papa Rooks, he has a life :P) angry PMs that I am posting. It has never been about me :D

So, let me get to my purpose for coming here today.

BGWiki is looking for guide authors!

We have been building out our guides section on the wiki over time. So now I am reaching out to put the word out.

For example, by simply using mostly copy and paste from existing pages you can create a crafting guide like this I threw together really quick as an example.

Link to the crafting guides section (or simply type in guides)

I do get a good stream of tells in game about BLU stuff and my clusterfuck that is the Out of the BLU guide. But, creating a job guide on the wiki is much easier than writing a thesis. You could simply just make an equipment guide and call it a day. We have a template for equipment that is the same (yet slightly inferior)to the one used here. Located at this link.

Link to the job guides section

Finally, I spent the time to give the EXP and CP camp guide a makeover so now it is not a text only guide. It still needs to be filled in more, but it is getting there over time. E.g. I had a great 7m CP/hr pt last night (during the campaign) in Woh Gates, and put the camp and new melee acc cap (since the mob evasion nerf update) for the zone in there.

So, while some may only be interested in guides on AH.com. I am just putting the word out about guides on BG. It comes down to preference really. I enjoy the internal linking and working within the wiki. Discussion threads for it can exist anywhere (BG, AH, etc) or nowhere at all if one prefers it that way.

And of course anyone who is interested, seeking help with a project, or just wanting to get in on the antics may join us in the unofficial BG Wiki Discord
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-08-17 17:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:

It has been about a month since the last update. So here we go!

Life Changes
*Funkworkz and his lady just moved into a new place. Congratulations! Maybe they will start making babies now.
But, don’t do that because you know, wiki stuffz. :P

Name one Lance. I should have been named Lance :P it would make me 20% cooler right now even. *** dragon pokemon leader, yo.
Wiki Changes
*CSS update!
-You may have noticed everything looks different. Well we have unified control of the sites templates (before they stood alone) in the CSS and now we are messing with colors and size. Overall, I think things are looking a lot better.

-"Used in other synths" is now a new template and is set up in two columns. This needs to be done manually though (future onwards mostly), but this will cut down on page length a lot.

---
*PUPdate!
-All puppet WSs complete with the info you might have never known about them has been added. Did you know Armor Piercer is a -50% defense reduction?
-Attachment pages all done.
-Obtainment info added for all attachments
-Yoyoroon and Rararoon updated
-PUP merits updated and corrected.
-PUP JAs were gone over and updated, but check if I missed or didn’t know something please.
-Now with the new update too, the new attachments have also been added. Still up to date (new ones need specific info still).
---
*”It’s a will BLU marry me day”
-BLU spell template was updated thanks to Faequeencory, so I started working all the spells over to be on a modern template. No more of that “this page is old” sorta feeling.
-To accompany this I also made a Learning Blue Magic template too for the pages and started putting it on them.
--If there is a demand (enough people directly telling me), then I can highlight areas on the map where you should learn the spells.

-I have redone the trait template for BLUs job traits. It now makes more sense, and while I was at it I went over all the trait pages pertaining to BLU to make sure they were correct. There is now a note on trait templates showing if a trait level requires BLU job gifts to obtain.

-The master page for BLU traits (the one linked from the BLU job page) is a bit of a *** mess. So I am taking the template body from the trait pages and making a new template header to fit it in to clean it all up.
-While I was at it I redid the master table listing all the traits for that page because someone tried to cram everything into one column. It is now multiple columns and much easier to read or understand.

-Minor tweaks to information, and some cleaning up of stuff like the blue magic skill page. I will glance at it again though as I do these things quickly in passing.

-Note: The BLU stuff is a massive project (198 spells alone) that will take me at least another month to finish up.
---
*Nice Jugs!
-A jug pet page is under construction and will be finished sometime at the end of August or the start of September. I am working on finishing this and the BLUverhaul at the moment.
Due to the fact I am away until the 26th still visiting Carrot. All projects are on hold on my end. I am still around making tweaks, discussing wiki decisions with the other bureaucrats and admins, and answering questions though.

*Version update day! We had it all covered from day 0. New synths, attachments, NPC sales, etc are all done.

*Various pages have been done or updated.
-Atrixwolf, Darvamos, and other members have updated various things over the course of a month.

*Various pictures were added to pages, jazz that ***up! *pinky out*
-We are adding furniture pictures to the pages anytime SE puts them in the update notes, but anyone is welcome to add them to the pages. Ask me about that if you need help, it is super easy.

*Various minor improvements such as adding the crafting material drops to the main Legion page with their drop rates. Things like that.

*Darvamos (Chiaia) updated all of the job pages with their JSE and job points/gifts and made templates out of the tables. Faequeen then took these and improved them.
Chia also has been adding the PH IDs with correct respawn times for Almace related NMs. They are not 2 hours as is listed otherplaces, but instead seem to have little to no minimum respawn time.
-Now he is working on updating/finishing a transportation page project.

-Darvamos completed a Transportation Page encompassing all the many ways to get around vanadiel. Simply type in "transportation" or "getting around".

*Funkworkz did his awesome update routine as he does every month.

* Loona fixes links and categories every month. Sometimes he fixes or adds information and does some zones. Thanks, Loona.

Guides

*New Crafting Guides have been added. Feel free to add your own.
-Here is something I started working on. This example shows you how you can add a nice looking craft guide with minimal work via copy pasting the existing synthesis information.

*The Community EXP Guide has received a lot of love and some additions. After a bunch of trial and error a template was made containing templates within the templates template (dawg, we hurd u leiked).
Not only does it look nice now compared to the text only version, but it is easy to edit and add to now.
For example, the icons now only require entering the word “true sight” or “magic” into the field instead of having to type the template in, etc.

*Funk is back to working on his "Editing BG Wiki for Dummies" (tentative, I just made it up) page.

*Afania agreed to do a COR guide on BG in the future <3

*Tatham has started some sort of RUN play style guide or something. IDK, but he uploaded a page header last night.

*Future planned updates to Out of the BLU, cleaning up, improving visuals, and adding information about skillchaining since that seems to be something people also don't know about.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-08-18 13:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanted to post we have now merged the BG Wiki Discord Server onto the main BG one, the new link is: BG Discord
[+]
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
Server: Bismarck
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2016-08-19 12:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure this was done accidentally by whoever changed the mog garden page, but I hope it gets fixed as soon as possible:

The entire section on monster rearing has been removed. This included huge tables on monster types per rank, positive interactions, items for evolution, items now purchasable with cheers, and cheer effects. The table of contents menu still has links for different rearing ranks, but the links don't go anywhere.

Hopefully this information is still stored somewhere because it was extremely useful and well organized.

Edit: Nvm, I see it's now all been hidden beneath a collapsable page seperator. To be honest, those things might make the page cleaner, but they are not well marked (especially since the 'show' is in small letters hidden on the far right end corner). In my case, these tables are the only thing I even care about on the entire page, so it's a little annoying to have them hidden away.

Edit #2: Maybe what's best is to give monster rearing its own dedicated page (it certainly has enough information to justify it) and just stick a little blurb about it and a link to that page on the mog garden one.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-08-19 12:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vashkoda said: »
I'm sure this was done accidentally by whoever changed the mog garden page, but I hope it gets fixed as soon as possible:

The entire section on monster rearing has been removed. This included huge tables on monster types per rank, positive interactions, items for evolution, items now purchasable with cheers, and cheer effects. The table of contents menu still has links for different rearing ranks, but the links don't go anywhere.

Hopefully this information is still stored somewhere because it was extremely useful and well organized.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php?title=Category:Mog_Garden&direction=prev&oldid=435923

That version of the page has what you're looking for, yeah?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2016-08-19 12:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

We moved Monster Rearing to its own page to solve this issue. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Mog_Garden/Monster_Rearing
[+]
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
Server: Bismarck
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2016-08-19 13:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
By Boshi 2016-08-25 09:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Some missing augs on the Nolan page:

Kaykaus Cuffs +1 path D: mp+80 conserveMP+7 fastcast+4

Kaykaus boots +1 path D: macc+20 curePot+6% fastcast+4

Ryuo Domaru +1: hp+65 storeTP+8 DA+4%

Adhemar Kecks +1: AGI+12 RapidShot+13 enmity-6
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-25 09:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

2-3 of the last UL BLU spells on the BLU page spell list lack descriptions, recast, cast time, etc.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-08-25 10:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
2-3 of the last UL BLU spells on the BLU page spell list lack descriptions, recast, cast time, etc.
Hi, thank you. Spicy has been totally revamping/updating all the BLU spells he started with lvl 1 and is working his way up. They will probably be done in the next few days by the time the Apocalypse rolls around(really by next monthly update)he is on vacation. But thank you for pointing it out nonetheless just incase we had missed it.

Boshi said:
Some missing augs on the Nolan page:
Will add that right now. Thank you.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-25 10:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanted to see what new BLU stuff was added since I quit and noticed this.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-08-25 10:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaykaus bliaut +1 Armor Set Augments

Kaykaus mitra +1

Path A
[1]MP+80
[2]MND+12
[3]Mag. Acc.+20

Path B
[1]MP+80
[2]"Cure" spellcasting time -7%
[3]Enmity-6

Path C
[1]MP+80
[2]Spell interruption rate down 12%
[3]"Cure" spellcasting time -7%

Path D
[1]MND+12
[2]Mag. Acc.+20
[3]"Mag. Atk. Bns."+20

Kaykaus bliaut +1

Path A
[1]MP+80
[2]MND+12
[3]Mag. Acc.+20

Path B
[1]MP+80
[3]Enmity-6

Path C
[1]MP+80

Path D
[1]MP+80
[2]"Cure" potency +6%
[3]"Conserve MP"+7

Kaykaus cuffs +1

Path A
[1]MP+80
[2]MND+12
[3]Mag. Acc.+20

Path B
[1]MP+80
[3]Enmity-6

Path C
[1]MP+80

Path D
[1]MP+80
[2]"Conserve MP"+7
[3]"Fast Cast"+4%

Kaykaus tights +1

Path A
[1]MP+80
[2]MND+12
[3]Mag. Acc.+20

Path B
[1]MP+80
[3]Enmity-6

Path C
[1]MP+80

Path D
[1]INT+12
[2]"Mag. Atk. Bns."+20
[3]Enmity-6

Kaykaus boots +1

Path A
[1]MP+80
[2]MND+12
[3]Mag. Acc.+20

Path B
[1]MP+80
[3]Enmity-6

Path C
[1]MP+80

Path D
[1]Mag. Acc.+20
[2]"Cure" potency +6%
[3]"Fast Cast"+4%
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-08-25 10:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Skjalfeirdotter! It has been updated.

Maybe next time for such a long data post use a spoiler though :)
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-08-25 18:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Hi, thank you. Spicy has been totally revamping/updating all the BLU spells he started with lvl 1 and is working his way up. They will probably be done in the next few days he was on a vacation. But thank you for pointing it out nonetheless just incase we had missed it.

Spicy said:
*Puts the bottle of vacation tequila down*

Is that so?
Hey hey, I gave a rough timeline of next month on that BLU stuff in the monthly update :p. What's this few days stuff?! Took me more than that for that's there. Granted a lot of that time was working out bugs and stuff with the template and process.

Still on vacation though at any rate. I'll be back in NY tomorrow and NJ the morning after. Then it's a weekend. So Monday I'll start back on it. Still I'm only almost done with 1-75. Theres 76-99 to do which is like 55℅ of the spells. Really comes down to how much I grind.

I have been doing the BST jug page and plan on doing that first. That's a couple days sorta project.

Btw, you have been doing a great job, Ch-ch-ch-chia.
By Boshi 2016-08-26 15:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Similar to how the Rao+1 base acc was short 10 on english client description... The Amalric Coif +1 has a base macc of 36, not 26 like is shown.

Filling in remaining missing path D augs on Nolan page:
Adhemar hands +1: acc+20 attack+20 subtleblow+8
Rao body +1: attack+20 subtleblow8 pdt4
Ryuo feet +1: str12 attack+25 critrate4
Ryui legs +1: acc+25 stTp5 pdt4

Missing still:
Emicho hands, legs
Argosy hands
[+]
By Boshi 2016-08-26 15:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I went through all the abjuration armor with a japanese friends here's the total list of mistakes found (credit Rajang.Carbuncle with help)

Rao Kabuto +1: acc+32 -> acc+42
Amalric Coif +1: macc+26 -> macc+36
Rao togi (nq): acc22 att22 -> acc24 att24
Carmine finger gauntlets (nq): rattk+20 -> rattk+28
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-08-26 16:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you. I will add these later today.
By Boshi 2016-08-26 20:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Argosy hands +1 D: str20 da3 haste3
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-08-26 20:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicy said:
Ty Boshi
By Boshi 2016-09-01 16:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

In my endless pursuit of random ***to do in ffxi:

Garden:
Mog furrow rank6->7 250 times.

Chocobo Racing Circuit:
C4 -> CC3 races @25 solo victory points (was 21-26 lets assume 25)

C3 -> C2 @50 solo victory points

C2 -> C1 @100 solo victory points (did not have access when at exactly 99)

When you change nation: you restart the storyline races from scratch in new nation, but if you change back to previous you retain your storyline progress under that nation before you changed.

But:
~not sure if solo victory points reset fully each time you change or if you have them saved under each nation. Ive progressed too far now to risk flipping to check.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-01 16:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
In my endless pursuit of random ***to do in ffxi:

Garden:
Mog furrow rank6->7 250 times.

Chocobo Racing Circuit:
C4 -> CC3 races @25 solo victory points (was 21-26 lets assume 25)

C3 -> C2 @50 solo victory points

C2 -> C1 @100 solo victory points (did not have access when at exactly 99)

When you change nation: you restart the storyline races from scratch in new nation, but if you change back to previous you retain your storyline progress under that nation before you changed.

But:
~not sure if solo victory points reset fully each time you change or if you have them saved under each nation. Ive progressed too far now to risk flipping to check.

Spicy said:
Would you happen to know the # of times you must harvest with the previous ranks to rank up? I don't believe we have that information anywhere. It be something to add with more than a single rank known.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-02 23:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Having nowhere else to post this, here's some random goodness:

Plouton takes normal physical damage until below 50%, where he gains like 99% DT vs two of the three physical damage types (blunt, pierce, slashing). He can switch when he uses the whirlwind animation. The one he's weak to sometimes makes him take double damage. I'm not sure what causes extra damage, but it might be that he chose the same damage type in succession. Unlike with magic damage, there's no penalty for using the wrong damage type.

Continuing to melee him to death as THF using daggers/swords/clubs.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-02 23:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Having nowhere else to post this, here's some random goodness:

Plouton takes normal physical damage until below 50%, where he gains like 99% DT vs two of the three physical damage types (blunt, pierce, slashing). He can switch when he uses the whirlwind animation. The one he's weak to sometimes makes him take double damage. I'm not sure what causes extra damage, but it might be that he chose the same damage type in succession. Unlike with magic damage, there's no penalty for using the wrong damage type.

Continuing to melee him to death as THF using daggers/swords/clubs.

Spicy said:
I will add the first half to the main page and the second half to the talk page, ty.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9