The Official BGWiki Thread!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The Official BGWiki Thread!
The Official BGWiki Thread!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-16 13:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicy.Sausage said:

Which update cycle is it?

The one that says “Bad Mother ***” on it.

It has been about a month since the last update. So lets get to it.

Wiki Changes

*The Mounts Page has been updated (restructured and templated) by Faequeencory and is ready for future mounts to be added.

*Ch-ch-ch-chiamos has updated the Nolan page with translation errors and things from user input, thanks guys.

*Chia has also developed image hover popups into the wiki. This has made me super moist and can be used to great effect in existing/new/future guides on the wiki. It works on anything it is attached to so not only images, but even plain text too. It has already been integrated into the Equipment Set Template.

THROW SOME RIDILLS ON SOME ***!

*Atrixwolfe updated the bloodpact ranges from the last update along with adding information to the Garden Furrows.

*Loona has fixed more orphaned pages, red links, and what we have long since called “Loona stuff”. TY Loona.

*Stahntaru contributed information on Gada augment potentials. Reminding us that we need to work on that section of Reisen augments.

*Byrth and the many other various users of BG have made edits here and there to a variety of pages, thank you guys.

*New Icons are available from the icons template.

*Funkytownworkz did his monlthy update, image upload, etc. Praise the Funk.

*Nice Jugs!
-A Jug Pets page was created. With some great table and template making by Faequeen.
-Items sold by Theraisie are properly marked in the wiki now.

*Fae also worked on updating the connection of information from various pages. Stuff like how the Sky NM system is linked to poping the gods in Escha, “reforged” pulse weapons, etc
*Fae updated the jobs pages with merit and job point icons.

*Few more BLU spells were updated, but this still is not even close to finished yet. Moar time plz guiz.

*The BLU job traits page was cleaned up and updated though!
-I still need to polish that table at the top more. I will make it collapsed by default, regardless of the next question:
**Do we like the traits details all being collapsed by default? Feedback please

Example, these are all collapsed by default atm:
*Category:Weapon pages are being updated. They somehow lack the information I feel they should such as weapon skills. This has all long since been handled on the main Weapon Skills page , but I feel these pages should have information too. I am also linking them to the WS and Combat Skills page for greater efficiency for users using the wiki.
-I have done H2H, Dagger, Sword, and Great Sword so far.

Guides!
*Out of the BLU Has been updated. -Suggested spellsets are improved
-Shortened the length with more sections that are are collapsed by default
-Tables and things have been made throughout the guide
-The DW Delay section was updated and I checked over my math
-“Skillchain in the membrane” SC section section added
--Still under further construction.
-Custom Table of Contents made
-Updates as well as minor updates to existing content
-Working on greatly improving the steps and gear sections with a table
--Still under further construction.
-Working on the whole thing basically.

*Tantham has been working on this RUN guide. It is starting to look really good, but I figured I would share it with you guys now that he has done a bit to it.

*Other users are working on or planning on doing guides.
[+]
By Verda 2016-09-16 15:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The equipment set template is nifty thanks for this update.

The BLU traits page is also really neat. I was wondering if I could put in a request though for a show all button, or even better user preference to not collapse content by default. For this page and the Nolan page etc, at least my own pref is just to have it show me everything...
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-16 16:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicy.the.Godless said:
Verda said: »
The equipment set template is nifty thanks for this update.

The BLU traits page is also really neat. I was wondering if I could put in a request though for a show all button, or even better user preference to not collapse content by default. For this page and the Nolan page etc, at least my own pref is just to have it show me everything...

There can not be a show all button (it be nice) that I know of because the class of the table is made collapsible. This means each individual table is set this way and thus not unified. I imagine it is possible to format a massive table, but this seems counter intuitive.

Each one can however be made collapsible, but not collapsed by default.

I am still at work. I intend on collapsing that master trait table at the least (not often needed, and very big) and then depending on how we all feel deleting one word in the template will change all the trait tables to a collapsible uncollapsed default if we want.
[+]
By Verda 2016-09-16 16:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
$('.collapseButton a').each(function(){ this.click();});
Running that javascript on the page through firefox's console will show/hide toggle all. Adding a button somewhere for that (not sure where), would work, but I know most people do not have rights to add JS etc. I could make a greasemonkey script for it but then only people that use greasemonkey would benefit. Let me know what you think, if it's a big deal I can just run that code if it bugs me I guess xD Thanks for all the hard work.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-16 16:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
$('.collapseButton a').each(function(){ this.click();});
Running that javascript on the page through firefox's console will show/hide toggle all. Adding a button somewhere for that (not sure where), would work, but I know most people do not have rights to add JS etc. I could make a greasemonkey script for it but then only people that use greasemonkey would benefit. Let me know what you think, if it's a big deal I can just run that code if it bugs me I guess xD Thanks for all the hard work.

Spicy.Pinguino said:
I don't handle (don't do) anything besides the HTML-like coding. That is putting it loosely at that I suppose.

Jump in the Discord channel and we can discuss it. With people who actually know java like Chia and then run any superseding questions by RaguPregoBartolli.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-17 05:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

@Verde I like the idea of expand all. It won't be a User Preference though, above my pay grade! So I'll add a button, just need to figure out where? It'll probably end up next to the first show/hide button on the page just so its uniform across pages that its added to.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-28 20:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Change One For All page to One for All.
By Verda 2016-10-01 18:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

@Chia thanks :D A fully functional one should prob have an if statement that it's expanded already or not as that just swaps their states rather than sets them all to open/close.

Also, asking people to please help fill in the Garden Furrows?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Garden_Furrows

I put in months of growing data from my logs using grep to help me locate what I grew and planted. But it's still far from complete.

It'd also be great if we could start tracking what fertilizer yields what items, as I'm pretty sure if you say use a crystal, the additional items are all from the same pool but they might vary based on what you planted, and in that case things like mythril leaf showing up in so much stuff etc might make more sense.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-01 18:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

@Chia thanks :D A fully functional one should prob have an if statement that it's expanded already or not as that just swaps their states rather than sets them all to open/close.

Also, asking people to please help fill in the Garden Furrows?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Garden_Furrows

I put in months of growing data from my logs using grep to help me locate what I grew and planted. But it's still far from complete.

It'd also be great if we could start tracking what fertilizer yields what items, as I'm pretty sure if you say use a crystal, the additional items are all from the same pool but they might vary based on what you planted, and in that case things like mythril leaf showing up in so much stuff etc might make more sense.
Yea I noticed.
By Verda 2016-10-01 19:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The js snippet or the furrows or both?

As for the best location of the button imo right aligned near the top just after the menu would be my instinct or could even duplicate it on every h1/h2 like that. Anywhere works for me really lol.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-01 19:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The JS. I don't really do bulk content on the wiki. That is more Spicy's domain.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-01 19:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Change One For All page to One for All.
Done :)
[+]
By Verda 2016-10-01 19:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't give him ideas about having domains he'll become imperialist and try to rule us all and make us wear funny hats!
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-01 21:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I added a really basic one to the Nolan Page for now. Once the server catches up it will work.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-10-01 23:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
@Verde

wow chia

-carrot
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-01 23:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
@Verde

wow chia

-carrot
Alright Karatchan
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-02 04:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, added the basic one to BLU Trait Page too. Its also working now.

The style and position will get updated.
[+]
By Verda 2016-10-04 00:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
@Verde

wow chia

-carrot

Coincidentally there's someone in my ls that calls me verdo and verde as a sign of endearment.

Ok, added the basic one to BLU Trait Page too. Its also working now.

The style and position will get updated.
Thanks Chiaie
Hope I didn't step on toes, I styled the one on the nolan page to match the theme and style of the rest the page as well as wording, I've done frontend work a {long time} now so was kinda fun to do it, frontend is so much simpler and scripting languages are too but they wear on you after a while and that's all I've been dealing with lately both with luas and gs and with work.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-04 01:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine was temporary and Fae just made it look nicer for now(dat 1998 geocities look :P). This is what our plan is in the end most likely.

Personally I don't care what you made it look like for now but I can't speak for the admins of BG Wiki.

I'm not going to go into why it didn't just look this this from the start though.

Also the button will switch at clicking it to say Collapse All Tables and if Clicked Again Expand All Tables.

Well maybe it will says Show All Tables/Hide All Tables. It fits in with the other text. I'll bring it up to them. Personally I use a different method then the rest of the team does to do what they do(related to collapsed tables) and mine says Expand and Collapse by default. Theirs is an old method that was out before mine but over timer the wiki got updated and the source included mine.
By Verda 2016-10-04 01:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

eh the mock up is a nice looking button but doesn't really fit the design of the page imo but do what you will, no skin off my back. Thanks for adding the button :)
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-04 02:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

eh the mock up is a nice looking button but doesn't really fit the design of the page imo but do what you will, no skin off my back. Thanks for adding the button :)
Our idea was so it stood out as a new feature. It may not be that big through.

We've had collapse tables for years but this button is new so wanted it to pop out at users so they used it. I chose the blue look because it still fits in with the old BG Wiki Blue look while it might not fit in completely with that or others pages.
By Verda 2016-10-04 02:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes sense thanks again, hope to finish a guide soon sorry it's taking a while.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-04 02:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW I'll will keep calling you Verde for two reasons my Spanish kicked in and because Caretchan had a problem with it :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-07 09:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Community job guides are now live as of yesterday!

Already, a PUP one has started to rise up.

If anyone is interested in making any, I have been cleaning them up so don't worry if you don't know how to use wiki, just write stuff and others will take care of the rest. :D

-SR
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-10 11:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The Show All Tables button now turns into a Collapse All Tables button once clicked and turns back into Show All Tables if clicked again. It can also handle starting off as Collapse All if we find a us ever for that.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-10 12:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The Show All Tables button now turns into a Collapse All Tables button once clicked and turns back into Show All Tables if clicked again. It can also handle starting off as Collapse All if we find a us ever for that.
We always seem to find a use for something laying around.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-17 17:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicyryan said:

It has been about a month since the last update.

Addendum: I write this as the month goes on. Unfortunately due to complications with moderation. This will be the last update I post to AH.com for the foreseeable future. At least for now ;p

I remain watchful of this this thread, and it remains as it has always been. A direct connection to the wiki staff for an open dialogue. Several fixes, new users, and operational objectives have resulted due to this thread, and I hope this continues.

Users
*We have half a dozen new users editing this month who have joined the community, judging by eye. Since BG Forum accounts and Wiki accounts are linked I can’t distinguish between them is why I go by eye. I can see Skjalf joined us the 16th of last month :P
-Overall, throwing out the one labeled “test”, 56 new users joined since the 15th.

Welcome aboard to the best FFXI wiki everyone or just BG in general :D

Wiki Changes.

*Faequeen has done a great job as usual adding things like random mob categories (lucani, porxie, Lilith, etc), pictures, etc. Thanks Fae.

*Augments have also been added to the equipment template by Fae!

*Chia helped clean up the equipment template more. He is working on making the list of items collapsible eventually.
-On that subject Verda spoke with Chia who created a button to collapse or expand all tables on a page simultaneously. You can see it on the BLU Traits page for example.

Fae improved and updated the Ambuscade Rewards page. Now we can annoy you with a capes.gif!

*A Dual Wield Attack Speed calculator was built by Chia and then imported into the wiki. However there was some incompatibility so it is a work in progress. In the meantime he uploaded a nifty cheat sheet for DW values: Here. Accept no substitutions or other cheesy presentations!

*Information updates to pages, things like Onychophora and all the random things we address each month. Tactical Processor as well as pages in general (the bulk of our work!) were updated.

*A new template was made just to handle environmental rewards mainly ??? like a Dangruf Stone or Sunsand.

*Handful of BLU spells were updated, but this is an ongoing side project.

*We are still working on those bad colors.

Fixes
We had an issue where for a while (WoE Ascended items all the way to Escha - Zi’Tah) icons and description images were uploaded with their FFXIDB id instead of naming scheme.
This was not so obviously a real problem (you would just use 12345 icon.png) until the equipment template we have been beefing up the last couple of months.
It would call for the naming scheme and when that wasn’t there obviously it borked.

So, Chia exported a list of the items, and Funk did an upload of several thousand images to the wiki to correct this error.

On top of fixing that, Funkworkz also reuploaded several thousand edits (well over 7,000 or something ridiculous between the two fixes). Item tags (for gobby box, sendable within your account, SU level, an items ilvl, etc) were all done.

All lights are green now!

-This also means no more fake gobby box screenshots to AH.com.
The game marks what can be received from the box. So pretty soon if you don’t see “Obtainable from Gobby Box” on an item page (“blank pages” will still have this tag now!) then you can’t get it from the box.

Guides Changes

*Out of the BLU had a bunch of work done to it
-New section for noob gearing to cover the gap between new players and The Beast Within guide.
-Still working on expanding skillchains
-More cleaned up and put into tables, but lots more to do.

*FaequeenCory has made an awesome new SMN guide! I have never seen something so comprehensive, and it is still in progress even.
-The Heretical Art: Comprehensive Summoner Guide

*The Fantastic EXPs and Where to Find Them guide has been updated by various users over the course of the month.
-The list of camps is starting to grow
-Maps pop up when hovered over. No more having to open up tabs to view the map!
-Hopefully updating this next month more with Batchers images.

*Community guides have been started. All 22 jobs received an outline for users to use. Feel free to start making one. Don’t worry about formatting or anything as I will clean it up for you if you wish.
-Check out the new Puppetmaster Guide created by Dustinfoley, for example.

Known Bugs
*Pop up images within a table become cut off. This is being worked on.
**Chiaia: This was fixed for all tables we admins/mods made work with imgpop already. If any User is using imgpop in a table they just have to add class="overflow-visible" to their table(s).

Conclusion
That is all for this month! See you again next month as I broadcast more impressive patch notes than SE does nowadays from an external location! Most likely the internet caverns of Pakistan or Afghanistan in exile.
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-26 18:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some Gravity testing in Ballista to verify testing from a few weeks ago. Note that human players are not considered NMs for the purposes of Saboteur. Also all forms of Gravity appear to be fixed (aside from Saboteur and Enfeebling+), regardless of MND, INT, or skill.

Gravity II:
Code
MODIFIER                BASE    FINAL    LOSS
Enf+0	No Sabo			50		34		-32.00%
Enf+0	No Sabo			56		38		-32.14%
Enf+10	No Sabo			50		33		-34.00%
Enf+10	No Sabo			56		36		-35.71%
Enf+14	No Sabo			50		33		-34.00%
Enf+14	No Sabo			56		36		-35.71%
Enf+24	No Sabo			50		31		-38.00%
Enf+24	No Sabo			56		34		-39.29%
Enf+0	Sabo+0			50		19		-62.00%
Enf+0	Sabo+0			56		21		-62.50%
Enf+0	Sabo+12			50		18		-64.00%
Enf+0	Sabo+12			56		20		-64.29%
Enf+24	Sabo+0			50		12		-76.00%
Enf+24	Sabo+0			56		13		-76.79%
Enf+24	Sabo+12			50		10		-80.00%
Enf+24	Sabo+12			56		11		-80.36%

Other forms of Gravity:
Code
SPELL               BASE    FINAL    LOSS
Bad Breath			50		43		-14.00%
Bad Breath			56		48		-14.29%
Gravity      		50		37		-26.00%
Gravity      		56		41		-26.79%
Mysterious Light	50		37		-26.00%
Mysterious Light	56		41		-26.79%
Magnetite Cloud		50		37		-26.00%
Magnetite Cloud		56		41		-26.79%
Rudra's Storm		50		37		-26.00%
Rudra's Storm		56		41		-26.79%
Mordant Rime		50		37		-26.00%
Mordant Rime		56		41		-26.79%
Mordant Rime		59		43		-27.12%
Subduction			50		12		-76.00%
Subduction			56		13		-76.79%
Subduction			59		14		-76.27%

too lazy to do more
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-26 19:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicy.Ban.Bait said:
Thank you for doing that testing Braden. I am adding the values to BG as we speak,
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9