The Official BGWiki Thread!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The Official BGWiki Thread!
The Official BGWiki Thread!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-29 17:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some testing with Killer effects, including Circles and Founder's Breastplate.

Vs. Balaur in Abyssea - Konschtat:
840 base for most Breath WS, 1200 base for Hurricane Breath
756 Breath with only Ancient Circle (0 JPs)
747 Breath with only Ancient Circle+1 (0 JPs)
732 Breath with only Ancient Circle (Master)
723 Breath with only Ancient Circle+1 (Master)
1056 Hurricane with only Ancient Circle (Master)
1044 Hurricane with only Ancient Circle+1 (Master)

Vs. Sabotender Royal in Reisenjima:
With DT-50% and Plantoid Killer+23,
Full: 250, Taken: 116 (-53.6%, -7.2% from half)
Full: 500, Taken: 232 (-53.6%, -7.2% from half)
Full: 1250, Taken: 581 (-53.52%, -7.03% from half)
With DT-50% and Plantoid Killer+13,
Full: 250, Taken: 120 (-52%, -4% from half)
Full: 571, Taken: 275 (-51.84%, -3.68% from half)
Full: 2000, Taken: 960 (-52%, -4% from half)

Vs. Cactrot Veloz in Eastern Altepa Desert:
With DT-0% and Plantoid Killer+10,
Full: 125, Taken: 120 (-3.2%)
Full: 625, Taken: 606 (-3.04%)
Full: 875, Taken: 848 (-3.08%)
With DT-0% and Plantoid Killer+20,
Full: 125, Taken: 117 (-6.4%)
Full: 500, Taken: 470 (-6.0%)
Full: 875, Taken: 822 (-6.1%)

Stone vs. Eschan Puk 109 (Escha - Zi'Tah)
(Fixed INT and MAB, I forget how much)
Dragon Killer+15 base
Normal: 516
F.Body: 552 (+6.97% over Normal)
Circ+1: 603 (+16.86% over Normal)
Bod+AC: 699 (+35.46% over Normal, +26.63% over F.Body, +15.92% over Circ+1)

Stone II vs. Eschan Puk 109 (Escha - Zi'Tah)
(Fixed INT and MAB, I forget how much)
Dragon Killer+15 base
Normal: 789
F.Body: 844 (+6.97% over Normal)
Circ+1: 923 (+16.98% over Normal)
Bod+AC: 1070 (+35.61% over Normal, +26.78% over F.Body, +15.93% over Circ+1)

I had some older tests that I didn't fully label and can't make sense of now, but the conclusion there was that testing nukes vs. NMs had Ancient Circle providing +10% normally and +11% with AF.

Conclusions:
  • Against regular monsters, Circles provide +15% Damage Dealt, -15% Damage Taken, +15% Killer effect (+2% to all +1 from AF). Against NMs, these effects are reduced to 10% (+1% from AF). Some old testing has subbed Circles as 5% for regular enemies. Didn't test subbed Circles vs. NMs.

• Max JPs in Circle effects reduce damage taken by 24 instead of 20 for some reason, so likely Floor(JPs * 1.2).

• Founder's Breastplate adds Floor(Killer/2) damage dealt and taken vs. regular monsters, which are multiplied by the bonuses received from Circle effects and the effects from Gear (which means it breaks the 50% cap on regular DT gear). Floor(Killer/3) vs. NMs. I assume BST Empy body is also weakened on NMs but don't care to test it.

Also part of my old notes is a routine for Damage Taken checks:
Equipment > Tusk/Scherzo/Sentinel/Fan? > Phalanx > Circle > Circle JP > Stoneskin > Manawall

Didn't test Scherzo/EA or any of those JAs, but Barrier Tusk is definitely applied before Circles but after Equipment. Also have yet to test where Founder's Breastplate works into this, but I'm guessing it's between Phalanx and Circle JPs. If I ever bother to go back into these tests, I'll be sure to check Scherzo since I actually care about that.

Also also had a test on Dragon Breaker vs. a pet Wyvern in Ballista:
Duration: 180 + JPs (halved and floored vs. NMs)
Potency: -20 Accuracy, -20 Evasion, -20 Store TP, likely -20 Magic Acc. and -20 Magic Eva. as well
Potency may be halved on NMs but I probably won't test it. Wyverns in Ballista count as regular enemies.

Lastly, the power of ??? Needles -- at least from Sabotender Royal -- seems to be based off of the amount of damage taken in a certain window (like Assailer Chariot's Discoid). His pattern is apparently:
1000 or 2000 Needles
2000 or 4000 Needles
10000 or ??? Needles
Chupa Blossom

He'll use the stronger version if he takes a certain amount of damage between WS, but no idea as to how much.
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-31 19:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick follow-up on Circle/Killer tests:

Vs. Cuelebre in Abyssea - Tahrongi [Dragon Killer 10]
Blizzard II
Normal: 650
F.Body: 669 (+2.92% over Normal)
AC Sub: 682 (+4.92% over Normal)
w/Body: 716 (+10.15% over Normal, +4.98% over AC Sub)

Vs. Naul in Abyssea - Tahrongi [Dragon Killer 10]
Water
Normal: 556
F.Body: 583 (+4.85% over Normal)
AC Sub: 583 (+4.85% over Normal)
w/Body: 623 (+12.05% over Normal, +6.86% over F.Body and AC Sub)

So in accordance with what we know from Byrth's and Falkirk's tests from 5 years ago, here's the rest of what wanted to know:

- Subbed Circles are always +5% Damage Dealt and Damage Taken, even against NMs. I was expecting it to be 3% to line up with every other NM penalty being 2/3 of the base, but apparently there's no penalty at all.
- Potency of Main Job Cirlces are directly nerfed, but the Intimidation Rate seems to contribute towards the 50 cap regardless of target; adjusted Intimidation rate is what's used in the "Augments Killer effects" property.

Not that most people care, but now I can add this bonus to my DPS spreadsheet, so woo.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-10-31 19:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I updated BGwiki to say that /job circle effect is 5% about 5 years ago:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php?title=Holy_Circle&diff=204060&oldid=203489

Ah, the distinction was vs. NMs.

I thought Falkirk's conclusions were that different NMs had different resistances to circle effects?
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2016-10-31 20:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you from spicy and us Braden
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-31 20:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I knew that was there, but I figured if there was a difference specifically against NMs on Main Circles, then maybe there was one on Subs too. I didn't see you test on NMs, so I had to know for sure, especially with 2/3 potency being a recurring theme.

Everything seems to line up between all of the tests, unless there's some secret NM testing Falkirk did that I haven't seen somewhere with some wacky discrepancies.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-10-31 20:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely consistent with what we saw back in those old posts.

Awesome testing, well done. :)
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-11-06 20:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yaegasumi page is pretty naked for how much it does. If anyone wants to add some information, here's the stuff I gathered on it a long time ago when it was first released:

Quote:
Sooooo in summary, this is what I have so far regarding Yaegasumi:

Yaegasumi Results

Confirmed:
- 45 second duration.
- Physical abilities are evaded, magical and breath abilities land, but do 0 damage.
- Enfeebling effects from magical and breath abilities can still take effect.
- 20% WSD increase per ability evaded.
- 60% WSD cap.
- WSD% from Yaegasumi increase is calculated after WSD% in gear.
- Grants 500 TP for every ability evaded.
- Some unique abilities can not be mitigated [Tyrant Tusk (HP 50%-), 1000 Needles, Tarsal Slam]
- Does not avoid AoE auto attacks.
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-07 04:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Feather_Step

Quote:
Grants only 1 Finishing move if the target is already afflicted with Bewildered Daze (lv.5).

Seems to indicate that you can't stack it up to 10 times.

Other steps say this:

Quote:
Grants only 1 Finishing move if the target is already afflicted with Sluggish Daze (lv.10) or if used with Dancer support job.
and
Quote:
Applies a stackable debuff called Sluggish Daze, which can be applied up to 10 times
For example.

I did not know that DNC main can stack steps 10 times now, so this conflicting data actually confused me.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-11-08 13:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

@Valefor.Kiaru Byrth went and fixed Feather Step and I fixed Stutter Step after checking all the steps. Thank you for pointing this out.

@Odin.Llewelyn Thank you for the info and pointing out no one had ever really added any info.
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-08 19:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

edit:
Ok it's fixed now.
Awesome! Thanks for keeping our wiki super updated and stuff.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-09 20:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This seems to be missing from the GKT page?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Tachi:_Ageha

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Great_Katana
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2016-11-09 21:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
Adding/ updating/ removing such info from those pages has been talked about but we have not made a decision yet on what to do.

"Equipment that enhances this skill" would be incredibly difficult to update with all potential augments these days.

Also, all weapon skill information is on the weapon skill page here: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Weapon_Skills
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-11 03:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but when I look up WS for a weapon my first thought was to wiki the weapon.
Also EVERY ws for GKT is on the GKT page except ageha. That's super confusing.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Warcry

Warcry page doesn't have this VERY important information(not even a link to it):
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Savagery
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-11-12 13:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kiaru I went added a note about the TP Bonus to Warcry and a link to Savagery.

Also added Tachi: Ageha to GKT page till we figure out the plan for those.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2016-11-15 16:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Our monthly digest is now available to view on the BG Forum Wiki thread.

There are always many updates we miss from this writeup, and we want to remind everybody that we greatly appreciate every edit.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-11-15 17:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicyryan said:
October-November Changes
So, here we go~, ↑d8t3 time!
(Pictures were just randomly selected and spoilered)

Wiki Changes

*Niamor updated the elemental gorget pages (removed old crappy makeshift tables and stuff) as well as a bunch of other random pages which ends up being a lot of work.

*Nia also has been working on some improvements to some of the templates on the wiki. Thanks Nia.

*Fae updated all the physical bloodpact changes from the update and did the ambuscade rewards.

*Funkworkz realized we somehow missed doing the magian trials for Daurdabla, and added them.

*Funk also did all the monthly update stuff. Thanks for giving a funk, Funk.

*Braden on AH.com did testing on various gravity effects (as well as other testing afterwards, thanks Braden) which were then added to the wiki. This also trigger a touch up of the enfeebling magic page to include newer gear.

* ‎Byrthnoth, Rolandj, and others delivered minor updates to the wiki over the month. Thanks guys.

*Touch ups to various pages such as enfeebling and enhancing magic or category pages relating to weather and obis or gorgets, etc to cover the gap of gear from the abyssea era.
*All 198 Blue Magic spell pages were redone with any information available. I plan on eventually finishing adding spell obtainment to all of these spells, maybe a bunch of quick custom maps showing mob locations for that. This likely will happen in December and beyond.

*All of the Empyrean 109/119 equipment pages have been updated.
*Significant page updates and formating to Albumen, Vinipata, Schah, Teles, Maju, etc.

*The blank item pages for all 109 and 119 Empyrean Armor have been updated.

*{{Guide}} and {{Collaborative Guide}} tags have had their colors changed so it is easier to distinguish between the two on the guide pages.

*Moar redirects! We are always trying to make navigation easier. Something as basic as “Time” shouldn’t turn up nothing because it is “Vana’diel Time”. Time as well as a bunch of variations for existing pages (“job guide” instead of just “job guides”) are now in place.

*Links to scroll pages for Ninjitsu were all fixed.

*Thank you to Llewelyn and Kairu for your contributions to information in the BG Wiki thread on AH.com.

*Korvana is buzzing around the wiki doing Korvana things. Welcome back, and I am interested in seeing your shenanigans.

Memes
*Funkworkz created and the greatest description image on the wiki

*After some LS banter during an event he also added a meme page to the famous Bradygames Guide.
We don’t talk about Bradygames

Guides
*Quiescence: Rune Fencer Guide received a slight update.

*Minor updates to thePUP guide

*Deivinho added several camps to the EXP Camps Guide

*Silversean created a new Scholar Guide

*Updates to Fae’s SMN guide

*Minor updates to Out of the BLU, but there is an overhaul coming on the guide starting today and it will be improved, cleaned up (including the ToC), and more content is being added to it.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-12-09 21:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki is borked atm its being looked into.
All good now.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-12-20 12:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicyryan said:
November-December Changes

Welcome to another rendition of nerds posting things on the internet. Happy Holidays to everyone from the crew at BG Wiki, and we hope you enjoy the updates we have been hard at work on before the holidays.

So, here we go~, ↑d8t3 time!

Fresh Meat:

*I would like to welcome Ohgami to BG Wiki. He is a maniac who loves to edit even more than I do.

Wiki Changes:

*Pictures to jazz things up.
(all were sourced from SE/Play Online)

*Niamor updated the missing adversary list for Outer Ra’Kaznar and updated a lot of adversary pages.
Nia then addd the missing dice NPC to Nashmau and the NPC information to the die pages. This was all a bunch of work, thank you.

* Ohgami has updated a metric ***-ton of things I don’t think I can even cover it with justice. It was close to a thousand edits:
-All the relic and empyrean magian trials
- Info on various pages
- AF and AF +1 (level 75) pages Thanks! :D
--The “AF” redirect was moved to the AF Armor page instead of AF Quests page it was on.
-All of the AF2,3, +1, 109, 119, etc pages were templatized and then prepared for any future releases.
--All of the AF 1 +2 and +3 pages.
--Preparations for Relic and Empy +⅔
--Probably built a damn arc while he was at it, *** maniac.
--Updates to the Records of Eminence page.

*Chiaia updated job pages with the new AF 119 +2 and +3 sets as well as adding a visual model for the set.-GEO and RUN are a different template and are thus not done yet.

*Byrthnoth edited a lot of pages and created the new NM pages for the monsters in Omen.

*Faequeencory, Byrth, and Funk created our Omen page. This will get better as time goes on. I will eventually add a picture and edit it too.

*Fae updated the Ambuscade page for the month.

*We took back the Reforged AF1 tables Clopedia stole from us rather than do their own work. The color scheme was changed to something new. Oghami then converted all these pages and set pages over to the new colors.

-Colors for the Relic and Empy pages were also then slightly changed to a two tone header to make things look better to the eye.

*Funkworkz did some NPC pages for venders in Kazham and things as well as general updates.

*Funk pushed out the monthly update and updated pages relating to it such as the armor and craft pages.

*Funk-a-spelunk has also been updating the KI pages for various abyssea related content.

*The Blue Mage job page received another update. Job traits from spells are now listed next to the spells in the spell list. SC properties were converted to icons instead of text.

*Better redirects and disambiguation on existing pages.

Memes
*Funk made a new meme to commemorate our never ending inside joke of a former LS member. :P

*I made a Chiaia Meme :P

Guide Changes:

*Out of the BLU has been overhauled and is now in version 2.9!
-Completely reread and redited.
-New sections and stuff added. Not all are complete or added. Expect this by January 1st. I have just been super busy.

*Nikkije worked on an Inventory Guide.

*Ohgami created a clothcraft guide

*Minor updated to the EXP Camp Guide

*Minor corrections to the Intermediate RoE guide

*Minor update to the PUP Guide

*Fae is still working on adding to their massive SMN Guide

*I have started working on a guide listing out jobs and detailed strategies my LS uses against endgame NMs. No ETA on completion (three NMs are already done). More updates and hopefully a completion next month.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-01-15 13:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Error on the AF 119 +3 page. Coelestrox asks for a square of synthetic Faulpie leather (bought at the guild), not a square of Faulpie leather (crafted from S. leather). Looks like the shittiest naming schematic strikes again.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-15 14:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Error on the AF 119 +3 page. Coelestrox asks for a square of synthetic Faulpie leather (bought at the guild), not a square of Faulpie leather (crafted from S. leather). Looks like the shittiest naming schematic strikes again.
TY & Fixed
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-15 15:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

More specifically, Heads use a single synthetic leather, Hands use three crafted leathers.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-15 16:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
More specifically, Heads use a single synthetic leather, Hands use three crafted leathers.

correct?
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-15 16:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

yup, graci
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-01-23 03:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this is something that can be done without actually changing the names of pages but....

I tend to keep several BGwiki category tabs open for quick reference. Th issue being that 'Category' is all you see in the tab, so you have to click individually to tell what category the tab is for.

Is it possible to omit 'category:' from displaying on the page tab? I suspect not, but it's worth the asking!
[+]
By geigei 2017-01-23 05:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/renametab/mkailnbloeepkajmoblllhhhckpbbncg?hl=en-GB
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-01-23 18:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I stopped using chrome cause my tabs tend to look like this in it.

But I'll look into a firefox equivalent. Thanks.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-23 19:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I'm not sure if this is something that can be done without actually changing the names of pages but....

I tend to keep several BGwiki category tabs open for quick reference. Th issue being that 'Category' is all you see in the tab, so you have to click individually to tell what category the tab is for.

Is it possible to omit 'category:' from displaying on the page tab? I suspect not, but it's worth the asking!
Its something I could do with javascript easily but I would need to talk to the rest of the admins about it since it would be global. I would make it say Page Name (Category) probably. Also another reason I wish the "plugin" we have for making personal user settings was working. Its not sadly and the one guy with access tp the amazon servers is a very busy person that also doesn't play XI anymore.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-01-23 19:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of random, but I'm curious if anyone knows what happened to FFXIDB site. Its been offline for a few weeks for me now ?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-23 20:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Kind of random, but I'm curious if anyone knows what happened to FFXIDB site. Its been offline for a few weeks for me now ?
This is what happened. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/mongodb-apocalypse-is-here-as-ransom-attacks-hit-10-000-servers/

Anyway there was a offline backup but they are moving servers. Funk had got in touch with them after 2-3 days of it being offline.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9