The Big FFXI Mess
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-31 22:11:12
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

" * Big damage will not increase your penis size, nor will it get you laid…no one cares how much your WS/nuke does."

It has for me...
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-31 22:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis uses Dancing Edge for 2438.

Etrayis's penis increases by 0.2

"THEY SAID IT COULDN'T BE DONE!!!"
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-08-31 23:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It can be done lmao.... I used to do number's like that back in the day when i cared, and actually got merit parties.

Thank the *** 2 hander update for that one also.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-09-01 00:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Please allow me to summarize this 'article' thusly: QQ

That is all. </thread>
[+]
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-09-01 01:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well written for the most part. Farewell Phu. Best of luck to you and yours.
[+]
 Ifrit.Dinarii
Server: Ifrit
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-09-01 02:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

well... thats not ffxi. that's MMOs. all said remarks arent fully true. all said remarks rng misses more than sam if you ask me for specifics of what i really took out of all that.

but really. If people let that garbage bother them. that's on them. the game's marketed, the game's sold, we are stuck with the pieces of teenage garbage that usually fills the lands. also, not all "teen-gamers" are garbage, and not all "adult" gamers act like adults. but regardless it's a cycle that will never stop. you can preach all you want. won't help. if you let all this bother you in ffxi, then i can almost bet you won't enjoy many(if any) future MMO's. take it as you will, but not all of us get bent out of shape with the stupid crap that comprises of online video gaming.

gl with that rl thing btw
[+]
 Kujata.Hrolandus
Server: Kujata
user: Hrolandus
By Kujata.Hrolandus 2009-09-01 02:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically, most of you puffed up babies, instead of actually reading his full "article" which was insightful and pretty good, just spent all your time writing comments that proved him ridiculously right...

This was not a goodbye letter. This is a plea to improve the game, our game, as a whole. The response just goes to show that a solid 60% of the people that play this game are so deeply ridden with 'toolism' and douchebaggery that it will likely be impossible to excise it from you all without some sort of a exorcism. "We'll need an old white mage and a young white mage...."

Seriously you trolls; get an attention span and a conscientiousness of the world around you.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vincevalentine
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-09-01 02:02:11

It would have been well written if he hadn't cried so damn much about things that obviously plagued him in the game.

FFXIV is going to be the same btw. Don't bother if you hate it that much.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-01 02:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrolandus said:
So basically, most of you puffed up babies, instead of actually reading his full "article" which was insightful and pretty good, just spent all your time writing comments that proved him ridiculously right...

This was not a goodbye letter. This is a plea to improve the game, our game, as a whole. The response just goes to show that a solid 60% of the people that play this game are so deeply ridden with 'toolism' and douchebaggery that it will likely be impossible to excise it from you all without some sort of a exorcism. "We'll need an old white mage and a young white mage...."

Seriously you trolls; get an attention span and a conscientiousness of the world around you.
I haven't read the entire thing myself so my personal opinion is out, but a friend did and essentially said the same thing, both about his write-up as well as the typical community response.
[+]
 Titan.Relicant
Server: Titan
user: Relicant
By Titan.Relicant 2009-09-01 02:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrolandus said:

i've gotta seriously agree here.

I read the entire article, and tho I may not agree with it 100%. Anyone with any sort of comprehension skill would understand what was being said, and might I add - it was said pretty damn well. Well thought through for the most part and well organized. Those prolems do exist. Everyone that says "oh these problems exist in all MMOs, they'll never stop" that was exactly his point. YOU'RE THE PROBLEM.. FFXI is a community, and you're all part of that community. WE have to change it. you do realize that YOU are included in the WE.... right?
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-09-01 02:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have thought the big mess would be the constant loss of players from the increasing rmt scams... not some overzealous up there own *** players refusing to play the game with others unless they have spent there life getting all the best gear.

SE need to man the *** up and deal with the rmt once and for all, 2 of my friends got hacked this last week and have no idea how, only suspecting FFXI sites like ffxiwiki, ffxiah and ffxiradio. Surely a corporation like SE with the resources they have can come up with something better, oh wait, they dont give a ***because they have no customer loyalty and dont give a ***how much time, money and effort it has taken players to reach there goals, which is why I won't be playing FF14.

Go star wars mmo, hopefully Lucasarts can show SE how its done.
 Pandemonium.Nususu
user: nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-09-01 09:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrolandus said:

I read the whole thing before I ever posted, and I still think his plea is for the wrong thing. He is too narrow minded in his view of how people should be able to enjoy themselves in the game. Who is he to tell people the problem is an interest in having the best gear? I don't agree with how he lumps all the perfectionists with the elitists.I have never once seen people kicked from a party for not having sniper rings, and I have been playing a long time. In fact, I have not seen the rampant elitism and gil buying which according to the OP, plagues every HNMls. The people I know in HNMls work very hard for what they have in the game. You cheapen their many hours of hard work by lumping everyone who has a concern for their gear into "elitist gilbuyers". Of course, then you can say, "You have no life, lol you spend waay too much time in a video game." But then if you say that, you become the problem you criticize. The OP's article is just a hypocritical rant about his problem with the game.
[+]
 Odin.Eirwen
Server: Odin
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2009-09-01 10:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess you, or people you know, have had some bad experience over the past couple of years.

I've seen good points, and bad ones. Unfortunately, non apply to me. For example: I've never been discarded from a party because of gear. Instead, I was given advise on gear I -could- get. And when I'm asked to come as BLM75 to help fight an NM, or join in a merit mana burn, I mostly come as /WHM37 instead of /RDM (unless requested), and always get away with it. Why get worked up over (re)cast time, if they can be sure there's at least someone in the party with reraise and more support abilities.

I may not be the best BLM of my server, nor the worst. I could always use an upgrade in gear, and I often ask advice to others.

Maybe it's because of Odin beign closed, that I haven't experienced noob-ism in a long time. But I do remember the parties I've joined always respected the noobs. Heck, at later levels, I even went back and helped them out as PL.

Who knows.. maybe I've met the right people, or avoided the bad ones. It was an interesting read, though the only thing it made me think was "Okay... Never visit this guy's server."
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-01 10:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Eirwen said:
I guess you, or people you know, have had some bad experience over the past couple of years.

I've seen good points, and bad ones. Unfortunately, non apply to me. For example: I've never been discarded from a party because of gear. Instead, I was given advise on gear I -could- get. And when I'm asked to come as BLM75 to help fight an NM, or join in a merit mana burn, I mostly come as /WHM37 instead of /RDM (unless requested), and always get away with it. Why get worked up over (re)cast time, if they can be sure there's at least someone in the party with reraise and more support abilities.

I may not be the best BLM of my server, nor the worst. I could always use an upgrade in gear, and I often ask advice to others.

Maybe it's because of Odin beign closed, that I haven't experienced noob-ism in a long time. But I do remember the parties I've joined always respected the noobs. Heck, at later levels, I even went back and helped them out as PL.

Who knows.. maybe I've met the right people, or avoided the bad ones. It was an interesting read, though the only thing it made me think was "Okay... Never visit this guy's server."
This reminds me that our entire play experience is largely based around the people we encounter, befriend and coordinate with so I'd say to anyone that cannot see where the OP's coming from or just think he's butt-hurt and full of ***to keep that in mind. Despite all playing the same game, none of us have the same experience. :v
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-01 10:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I decided to actually read this. And to be honest... I want that 15 minutes of my life back.

He hates elitists, thinks we should treat noobs better and stop gil buying. Wow. Revolutionary.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-01 10:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrolandus said:

Cry more. He's a butthurt overinflated loser who's quitting the game and decided to turn the same old rants into a *** dissertation. Yes, I went back and read the entire thing. It was a complete was of time. If his accusations had been reasonable and he hadn't ranted on and on and on about the same old things with a distinct holier-than-thou attitude I might have cared, but even then. I agree with some of what he said but by no means all, and I want the time I spent reading that stupid paper back.
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-09-01 11:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's amazing that all of you morons think someone is crying just because they disagree with you and point out why you're wrong. "QQ" and "Cry more" isn't a valid arguing point, so stop being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for once.

Elitism has and always will plague MMOs, but you just have to ignore it. If you ignore it, it does indeed go away from your own perspective.

Personally I don't give a ***what anyone wears, and I have fun while I play. If I cared about what other people were wearing, I'd be uptight like most of the *** that play this game.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-01 11:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrolandus said:

The obvious question is..."Does SE care what some Elitist vajwash has to say?".. And the obvious answer is NO.

So for him to write that massive article hoping to get the attention of SE is futile, because SE is already making money with what they already have, so why change it.

So...

QQ
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-01 11:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

When the first line said

Quote:
Most players of FFXI are narcissistic, self congratulatory, greedy, self absorbed geeks with inferiority complexes, who play the game not for the fun or adventure…but to feel special about their gear.

and then followed it up shortly thereafter with

Quote:
This is the most important piece of writing related to FF ever put forth

I stopped reading.

If you're gonna be an ***, admit it. Don't put down the entire community while you ride on some ego trip that you're a saint. You're an *** just like the rest of us. Otherwise, you would've quit years ago. (Think Natural Selection in Vana'diel)
[+]
 Valefor.Fekye
user: fekye
By Valefor.Fekye 2009-09-01 12:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Vincevalentine said:
I think the OP is really just butthurt. About what, I have no idea. Maybe someone ragged on him for using that Osode to TP in. Maybe it was the NQ cerb. I have no idea, but I do think putting down others for being pissed off about idiots wasting their time in the game makes you somewhat of a hypocrite, no? Sure, it's your $13.95 or whatever. However, it's also $69.75 spent by the rest of your party, or $237.15 by the rest of your alliance. If you don't work to pull your own weight, and pay attention, and try your hardest to do things right, you're wasting everyone else's time.

And why are you so pissed off about gilbuyers? I saw way too many mentions of them in your rant. They are not affecting you directly with that, so what's the issue? I'm not saying I do it, by no means. I think it's amusing that someone would. On the other hand, I don't care if someone else does it, and neither should you. RMT are nothing but an annoying /tell in your chatlog anymore. They're not nearly as prevalent in farming camps as they used to be. Change your tampon, and move on.

And I agree with Nususu on the fact that crunching numbers to be the best you can is an amazing thing. I've found new builds for my SAM just due to having other friends work on the sets with me. I've currently got a 6-hit with 20% haste, and no Usukane. It's got better DoT, and allows me to use better gear on my WS set as well. Completely devoid of Hachiman. How'd that happen? Just running the numbers. Does that make me elitist? Hell no. Am I going to rag on that SAM with Shinsoku and full *** Hachiman? Hell yes I am. I'm going to try to help him, but if they don't want to hear it, then they're going to be made an *** of. This game is easier to play than people think, and if you're going to ignore how to make yourself better, you deserve every bit of ***-chewing you get. Just my two cents.

^ This

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-01 13:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
There's something about posting an article on this forum through a link and just saying "Let's discuss this." that bothers me.

Therefore I've not even attempted to click it. If it's life-altering in any sense, someone please tell me, otherwise I'll probably continue on not caring and watching this thread explode over useless drivel.

Edit for clarity and translation: Lol

not to mention that was his first and only post ever.
 Bahamut.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-09-01 13:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention he spammed it on Alla, KI, and BlueGartr too.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-01 13:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Raelia said:
Not to mention he spammed it on Alla, KI, and BlueGartr too.

Wiki forums as well. Missed the BG thread... if it didn't get deleted, cross-link me. That would be hilarious.
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-01 13:10:14

Nor discussed or gave clarification for others that "supposedly" misread it as a QQ.
 Pandemonium.Nususu
user: nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-09-01 13:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Aurilius said:
Elitism has and always will plague MMOs, but you just have to ignore it. If you ignore it, it does indeed go away from your own perspective.

LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-09-01 13:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrolandus said:

I have to agree here

Nothing is perfect but people love to jump straight to the negative

He gave his in~put and ask to discuss about it but you guys just decided to say Q.Q!! gtfo

If you didn't care for it don't post.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jile
Server: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2009-09-01 13:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, well ok.. to the OP...

SE doesn't care about what you or any one person, much less all of us here think. They're not reading posts on google or ffxiah... they're sitting pretty in their meeting room talking about their new baby, 14, and 11 is old hat. So, nobody needs to QQ about 11 - its just going to idle until the old users are done with their goals and move to 14 or quit.

As for the OP's issues with db players - its in all aspects of life, be it on or offline.. those people that have the best and look down on everyone that cant afford it are going to stay that way regardless of any one person's rant. I can appreciate your points but the ones who need to benefit from it are not going to read that far into your rant... even if they did they wouldn't change.

As for your leaving the game - why do that? You obviously love the game or you would not have taken the hours required to write that - you should stay and play with your friends and use the blist as it was intended - for those db's you noted.

-Regards
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Hilux
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Hilux76
By Gilgamesh.Hilux 2009-09-01 14:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

After reading this diatribe I guess I can agree with some of the points brought up here. This is my first post and I am sure I am going to get flamed by some of the things I say but I really don't give a rats ***. I have played FFXI since the North American launch and I only have 3 jobs to 75. I play ffxi whenever I can, but I have a very demanding job (Regional Manager for 4 full service restaurants) and I often have to miss out on LS functions that would yield better gear and whatnot. But the big thing for me over the years and the point that I think was missed in his goodbye is that YOUR experience in FFXI needs to do WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE.

Damage dealing is just part of the game, (albeit a big one, but its just one part). I got wrapped up in crafting early on in the game so my gil often got spent on leveling my main craft or subcraft. This worked well for me because I could log in when I could and go farm and level my crafting by myself. Well, now my crafts are capped so I was left to fish. So I started that, now that I have all these fish I started a cooking mule and got it to 95 in three weeks.

The point is, I find my fun in the game no matter what and don't care what others think. I love to run Limbus and Dynamis and all that ***but its not the end all be all for me. I guess my thing is I don't look down on someone not having a 100 craft so why should you *** at me for maybe not having the best gear on. Don't get me wrong, I do understand that there becomes a point of blatant disregard (not having food items, wearing AF all the time) when it comes to this and for what its worth, I am not an offender. Again, I guess my point do what makes you happy and if the game isn't doing it for you anymore move on.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-01 14:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hilux said:
wall-o-text

lern2paragraph >.>;