The Big FFXI Mess
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Phoenix.Phurios
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Phurios
By Phoenix.Phurios 2009-09-01 15:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly what I expected to see. It’s so much easier to judge a voice than to use one. Why think at all when you can criticize? I’ve been bored seeing the posts of people saying the same dumb ***the person before them said. Are “QQ” and “butthurt” really a valid reason to post?? Also, everyone saying this kind of stuff is way off, sorry. It completely went over your head. Or you just didn’t read it and decided to post something pointless anyway.

I don’t read enough forums to fully comprehend “troll” or what it means to “troll”. But if it means to bait someone then it’s not an inaccurate way to describe what I was looking to do.

The article I posted is filled with good ideas about what we can do to improve our community, but it also has these sharp accusations and broad generalizations to get the attention of these players that thrive on conflict despite it’s counter productiveness.

So we had two choices upon reading this.

1. Engage in a discussion about the problems we have and what we should do about them.
2. Attack the poster, trying to win a flaming war.

Without hesitation we choose the latter in every forum, its remarkable.

http://www.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=125175480737147175&num=85&page=1

http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22313&sid=22f3db7af131e08ffaa1ece07fb5eb3f

http://killingifrit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179737

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=4728

Not only am I attacked personally, as illustrated in the article, people immediately criticize equipment, assuming that whoever wrote this has bad gear. We actually get to see M.I.M.S. in action.

I’d like to say thank you to all these geeks for their support in helping to prove my point and make the article come to life. I wish I had responded sooner so this guy hadn’t beaten me to it.

"By Kujata.Hrolandus 2009-09-01 02:01:17

So basically, most of you puffed up babies, instead of actually reading his full "article" which was insightful and pretty good, just spent all your time writing comments that proved him ridiculously right...

This was not a goodbye letter. This is a plea to improve the game, our game, as a whole. The response just goes to show that a solid 60% of the people that play this game are so deeply ridden with 'toolism' and douchebaggery that it will likely be impossible to excise it from you all without some sort of a exorcism. "We'll need an old white mage and a young white mage...."

Seriously you trolls; get an attention span and a conscientiousness of the world around you."

I didn’t write this for those people who don’t have the attention span to read a mere 10 pages. In fact I bullet pointed those wildly sharp points at the very start to help weed out these retards. I wrote it for the 15-20 people that actually sat down and read it in its entirety, understood what was going on, yes, even the subtle parts, and then thought about this stuff as we move into FFXIV. Not trying to change anyone’s life, just asking people to think about it.

My only complaint is that I’ve received all kinds of private messages and friend invites wanting to talk about it. Why not post? Don’t be afraid of conflict, that’s how things get accomplished.

The article is there, read it if you want, it’s got some good stuff in it. You can keep bashing me if you want too, it’s really interesting. I’ll see everyone for FFXIV.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-01 15:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phurios said:
This is the most important piece of writing related to FF ever put forth

Seems like you look in the mirror for your "M.I.M.S."

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-09-01 15:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The OP always comes back to clarify that he is righteous and all trolls are the devil.

The fact is, we get wall-o-text complaints like this at least twice a week.

NOTHING will change. No one will have benefited from reading your rant. And as far as we are concerned, it really is just another QQ post that we're going to get a cheap laugh out of.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-09-01 15:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways IMO whats killing FFXI is, drop rates.

Having a % attached to everything. ex. Heading to Dyna xarc just to have RDM hat drop 15x and Valor surcoat drop 1x every year

This made a lot of people Competitive over gear/items and not in a good way. You would have shells hording up all the best rare/ex to their little "cliques" and shun all the newer members.

NMs with horrible drop rates and extended respawn times made camping extremely stressing especially when competition occurs. Thus, making people act in piss poor manners (aka bringing out the worst in us)

Elites/doochebags/retards/etc will always exist, in RL and In~game

So IMO, 50%/ of the blame goes to SE and 50%/ goes to us for making the game even harder.

Its cool seeing someone trying to better the ffxi community but its a little late xD the old player is way to bitter to even think outside the box and the "new player" just don't exist anymore
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-01 15:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
their little "clicks"
*cliques
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-09-01 15:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming anyone ever agrees with your idea is ignorant.

I for one love elitists. They make everything I do in-game go smoothly.

Have I ever been kicked from an elitist group?
Of course.

Did I go complain about them?
No. I realized that I was kicked for a reason and I have something to improve upon. I love getting feedback, but I guess some people can't handle knowing their not perfect.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-09-01 15:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant people just "add" to something instead of criticizing.

Tbest said:
Thunderz said:
their little "clicks"
*cliques

/pokes
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-01 15:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

if you wanna complain, then call the Customer Service line. If you wanna vent, do it here.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-09-01 15:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This kind of applies to all situations.

User submitted image
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-09-01 15:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
The OP always comes back to clarify that he is righteous and all trolls are the devil.

The fact is, we get wall-o-text complaints like this at least twice a week.

NOTHING will change. No one will have benefited from reading your rant. And as far as we are concerned, it really is just another QQ post that we're going to get a cheap laugh out of.

Always tends to annoy me when 1 person takes it upon themselves to speak for a whole community lol.

Whats wrong with saying I think this or that? Make an opinion that stands for you, and stop trying to hide by claiming that everyone (we) feels the way you do.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-01 15:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
This kind of applies to all situations.

User submitted image

LMFAO... WIN!!!
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-09-01 15:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
Make an opinion that stands for you, and stop trying to hide by claiming that everyone feels the way you do.

That's kind of what's been said to the OP for the last 2 pages.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-01 16:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
Thebigffximess said:
Think about it for a moment. Who are these players wearing full AF and STR rings in your EXP party? Firstly, they are people playing their first job in FFXI, which means they are inexperienced and new to the game. Secondly, a lot of them are probably very young kids playing their first or second MMO. We shouldn’t treat younger players so coldly, not only are they the future of gaming, but picking on little kids is just a spineless and disgraceful thing to do. They don’t know any better until someone teaches them.

When you talk down to people, no matter what you're intentions are, you look like a jackass.

That's an awful truth as well.

Yes and it is unavoidable in all means. Unless you keep your mouth shut most of the time like me. I know you guys see me as an *** on ffxah.com but in game i am not.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-01 16:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
He gave his in~put and ask to discuss about it but you guys just decided to say Q.Q!! gtfo

If you didn't care for it don't post.

The topic of the post is "Let's discuss," not "this iz mah opinion, if u dun liek it gtfo mah forumz lolz." If that were the case, then there's a specific community geared for that. It's called blogging.

Furthermore, I won't take the words of someone who writes such QQ, then when people tell him he's QQing, he continues to QQ more, all while portraying that he has the magic formula, the holy grail, and the secret password to "fixing" this community. We call that hypocrisy.

There is nothing wrong with this community. Fact: Every MMO community is like this. Every MMo community has the elitists, has the botters, has the currency buyers, and has the casual players. And every single group whines, pisses, moans, complains, and QQs. If you want sunshine and flowers, go play Hello Kitty. If you can't handle it, go play a single person game. Otherwise, suck it up and deal with it. No amount of QQing is going to change a pinnacle of MMO attitudes that have been around long before this game.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-01 16:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
Assuming anyone ever agrees with your idea is ignorant.

I for one love elitists. They make everything I do in-game go smoothly.

Have I ever been kicked from an elitist group?
Of course.

Did I go complain about them?
No. I realized that I was kicked for a reason and I have something to improve upon. I love getting feedback, but I guess some people can't handle knowing their not perfect.

There was nothing wrong with his post it was not ranting, or nothing people need to your their *** heads out their ***'s. Truth be told i know those eliists idiots I can beat them to death in real life. Will I go out looking for them to do it? not worth my time.

you are acting like ever eletist is "GOD DAMN AWSOME" some people are douches. There is a difference between knowing your job having insight and treating people like ***... new member not learning show them how to play... I used to pick on birdhair on bahamut also but.. he was 13-15ish I decided to help him. You people are the ones who sometimes need to grow up... and what about the devil god and rightousness what does i have to do with ffxi?

If people can't read that article good luck.. I read understood did not agree with some points. I did it all with out berating him or doing this in posts:

Tl;dr (i am sorry not english try again)

In sense people in this game and on this website need to *** grow up.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jile
Server: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2009-09-01 17:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phurios said:
So we had two choices upon reading this.

1. Engage in a discussion about the problems we have and what we should do about them.
2. Attack the poster, trying to win a flaming war.

Look, I can relate to your frustration - I appreciate the sincerity in which you wrote your heart out - but despite your good intentions we really have no way of making the elite attitude infected people behave less like cretins. We were all noob's once and in all honesty there are days I feel the game was more fun before I started leveling and realizing some of the gear I'd like in this game is unattainable by me.

I have decent gear, I have great friends and while some people have tarnished the fun in my own game experience and met my /blist as a whole I agree with you that whenever I do leave this game I will leave a better person for having played it.

I'd love for some things to change. Popped Charby for example, since every RDM needs Joyeuse.. but honestly unless we have a voice with SE - we're beating our heads against a wall Phurios.

That said - SE doesn't care about it's customers any more than the 1337's that bash people for gear care about our feedback to them... so its hard to have a debate about what to change.

Oh and in true FFXIAH style - your supposed to have posted a pic of the belly dancing ^^ .. j/k

Lastly... the nerds make things like picking which weapon to buy off the AH easier by figuring out their damage rates/second so I don't have to etc.. lol, so they're not all bad..
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-09-01 17:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Katarzyna said:
bla

So you say

edit: I didn't realize people were such douche on this forum, lol.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-01 18:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Like always.
"You disagree with me so you are the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE asswipe."
[+]
 Fairy.Raikan
Server: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-09-01 18:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
Katarzyna said:
bla

So you say

edit: I didn't realize people were such douche on this forum, lol.

User submitted image
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-09-01 18:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh...

Like talking to HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE brick walls sometimes.

Let's agree to respectfully disagree? Also, this is a 'plea' to the playerbase. Not to SE. This is a way to make us look at how we treat others in game and how we conduct ourselves. The article really isn't that long to read. So do yourself a favor and read it if you care to. Or don't if you just don't give a ***. BUT, if you don't give a ***, then do us all a favor and don't give a ***on posting your response as well. That way, those of us that do read, can be spared your "QQ", "Butthurt", "BAWWWWW" comments. These really aren't enriching our lives in any way, nor are they providing a path towards a possible resolution.

The OP had several valid points. Points that have been illustrated quite well by some here... -.-

This isn't a "change these things or we're dooommmeeed!" thread. It is a "wouldn't it be better if we could change these things that negatively affect our game?" thread. It even went so far as to draw attention to the apathy that the playerbase has. SE isn't responsible for 90% of the player conduct in game. The players are. Therefore, the burden of change is on the players, not SE.

But it's far easier to attack people for their ideas and settle back in the comfort of being an elitest *** than it is to actually make an effort to be a decent human being.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-09-01 18:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

To whoever said this guy's post was worthless:

Well, I certainly don't agree with everything he said, but why would I be interested in reading the opinion of someone who thinks exactly like me? He has good points and if he was referring to things that you find pointless, that's because he found them important and he felt like pointing them out. He's obviously not you.

I think this guy made a big effort into making this a decent and readable body of text. I can understand why he did not work on making it flawless and without any contradictions. At some point you have to just finish writing it and click Send, you know you'll make mistakes... but you also know this dissertation won't get you a doctor's degree or 100K/year job. Most people won't even be grateful for the time you put into telling them how you feel.

Obviously his arguments aren't perfect. Go ahead point at his flaws. By pointing too much, you often miss the point.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-01 19:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phurios said:

1.Engage in a discussion about the problems we have and what we should do about them.

Nothing can honestly be done, the *** and douche bags started to outweigh and outnumber the nice guys long ago, thinking you can change how people think and act is foolish, the best you can do is act how you wish them to act and how it rubs off on them. If you do not like things that go on in this game, you can ignore it, try to do something about it, or stop playing.

So, because I do math in an attempt to make my character preform better I am a nerd and that's bad? I take pride in every thing I do in life, and i try to be the best at what I do no matter what, who are you to criticize what I do? Especially when it doesn't negatively affect you, I am a nerd? Because I use math for something I have no grip on reality?

If you think people shouldn't be kicked from pts cuz gear, think about it. The party leader is the leader he can do what he wishes with HIS pt that he invited you to, if you don't like it, you get kicked, real world example, pt leader is your boss at a job, you do something he doesnt like he fires you. You don't like it, start your own pts.

Who are you to judge what people do with their real life money? You know some people buy gil, and are unbelievably frugal with it, because ***, that was their actual money, they don't all go buying thing way above cost, you know who those people are? Young children/teenagers, those kids we are supposed to "Help along" because they have little understanding of economics and how doing this will effect things.

"DD are the least important function of this game"

So, every job is a DD huh? No. Because you can do "DMG" Doesn't make you a "Damage Dealer" Yea ur whm can melee whiff and have 30% acc, hes doing dmg right? Yea well guess what, that Dumb *** SAM just went in and did 15 times your dmg in 1/2 the time, now whos making the game not fun for other people? I personally think its fun to have efficient parties. DD Stands for Damage Dealer, your job is to do the most damage possible in the shortest time. WHM can NOT do what I do, because I do more dmg,

No job or class is more important then another if you think one function is lesser then another you are a fool, thats why pts can hold 6 people, you all work as a team and get things accomplished using each members abilities and strengths.

So let me get this strait, because I want to have the best gear I can have, that makes me a super nerd and an elitist? I don't push my opinion's on people, I make suggestions and if they listen or not is no bearing on me.

The Awful Truth

""* Most players of FFXI are narcissistic, self congratulatory, greedy, self absorbed geeks with inferiority complexes, who play the game not for the fun or adventure…but to feel special about their gear.""

I play how I want to play, we both pay that 15$ a month fee, you play how you want and don't try to criticize how I want to play.

* ""Samurai weapon skills miss the target more than any other job.""

Dude, its called math, they miss 5% of the time, and since almost no other job actually uses a 1 hit WS, OH ***, Math makes them miss the most. I R A SUPPER NERD OMGWTFBBQ.

""* Most players buy gil; many of them reside in HNMLSs.""

Idk the % of players buying gil and neither do you, and out of the ones that do, most are not in HNMLS's cuz guess what, those players have time to play a lot, and are in those HNMLS's to make gil, why would u camp HNM and buy gil? Why waste 24 hrs waiting for faffy to pop if u already bought gil?

""* The players that you see ripping on other’s gear…are frequently the biggest gilbuyers.""

No, those are called elitist's. Doesn't mean they buy gil, stop assuming things.

""* Your gear is not important, your skill as a player is very important…Salvage has proven this.""

Your gear is important, but skill matters more, saying gear doesn't matter in a game where math is the basis of the output, and gear boosts the numbers in that math, is just ignorant.

""* The differences in endgame gear…are minuscule and unimportant, stop arguing about them.""

Better is better, and I love to argue who do you think you are telling me what to do with my time? Mind your own business.

""* Arguing extensive mathematical breakdowns of gear…is the nerdiest crap you can possibly do, get a grip on reality.""

I already posted what I thought on this, MYOB again, stop judging people.

""* Big damage will not increase your penis size, nor will it get you laid…no one cares how much your WS/nuke does.""

Though this is a fact, I care how much dmg I do, because I ENJOY DOING A LOT OF DMG CUZ I PLAY THIS GAME FOR FUN!

""* Puppetmaster is all about the Automaton and not about you or your gear, so it’s shunned as the worst job in the game.""

I really don't know how this fits in with the rest of these comments >.>;; I personally like PUP's.

""* If the player did all the damage and the Automaton just supported, or even if you could simply equip the Automaton with different gear that you could examine and brag about…everyone would love it.""

Dude, That's called DRG(minus the gear part), and remember back in 2004? LOLDRG~! And I hardly think everyone would love it.

""* Players that rush to use of the word “noob” as an insult…are the biggest “noobs” around.""

I agree somewhat but they aren't "noobs" necessarily they are ***, and btw, you just rushed to the word noob as an insult.

I don't think we can do anything about many problems in this game, we can just learn to accept them or stop playing, I just play how I want, and treat people how I would like to be treated, both in game and in life, and I think that is the best way to go about it, just hope they look at how you act and hope they try to do the same, lead by example don't just try to change people, because you simply can't.

Tl;dr,

Honestly this game is somewhat like real life, you can't change how people act IRL, just as you can not on this game. The world doesn't revolve around you, you adapt to it, not it to you. If you don't like something, you either ignore it, accept it or try to change it, but when/if you can't change it, don't cry and complain about it.

I agree with some of your points, but not all, I very much so agree that *** have made this game less fun, but its so easy to ignore them and play w/o them.

If you don't like something in this game, no one is forcing you to play, we all pay a membership fee, that means we play how we want. if i want to kick you from my pt cuz ur gear, that is my right as the pt leader. I personally like to keep to myself, and if someone wants my opinion I give it, so all the things you just said erk me due to the fact I don't generally voice my opinion, so if I came off as an ***, it happens, no one is perfect.

Kudos to you for being able to walk away from this game, I hope you have a good life w/o it.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vincevalentine
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-09-01 19:31:42
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

He still hasn't walked away yet if he keeps coming back here and bitching. This really needs locked. There is no good ever to come from a thread like this, because there are always going to be *** and idiots in ANY community you examine. This applies to real life as well, so you're not escaping jack ***there OP. Welcome to life. Get used to it.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-01 19:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Vincevalentine said:
He still hasn't walked away yet if he keeps coming back here and bitching. This really needs locked. There is no good ever to come from a thread like this, because there are always going to be *** and idiots in ANY community you examine. This applies to real life as well, so you're not escaping jack ***there OP. Welcome to life. Get used to it.

All of this as well. You can't change people, you learn to adjust yourself, since well, you are the minority in life.

And I h8tchu for putting what I was trying to say into such shorter words >.>;;
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-01 19:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

apparently someone needs improvement with their people skills.
[+]
 Valefor.Forgotten
Server: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2009-09-01 19:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:
Nor discussed or gave clarification for others that "supposedly" misread it as a QQ.

Etrayis said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Another reason to not bother posting these sorts of threads to start with.
[+]