Lets discuss this.
[+]
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-08-31 17:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

way too long

tl;dr: somebody mad they didnt get the drop they wanted?
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-31 17:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing...this guy sucks as a Sam "Sam WS's miss the most!"

"Most players buy gil, many of them reside in hnmls's"
guess someone didnt get invited to a shell and is butt hurt.
"The players that you see ripping on other’s gear…are frequently the biggest gilbuyers."
Guess he is also very gimp.

"Players that rush to use of the word “noob” as an insult…are the biggest “noobs” around."
He gets called noob alot too...hmmm

The rest is wayyyyyyy to long.
Maye when I'm bored I'll take the time to read past the bullet points.
[+]
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Fivestarplayer 2009-08-31 17:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the dirty little secret about jobs in FFXI. There are only three kinds of jobs though they are deceptively named 20 different ways.

1. Jobs that primarily damage
2. Jobs that primarily prevent or heal damage
3. Hybrids of 1 and 2 that do both well

...sorry I skimmed through this because it was way too long and...well I'm kinda tired. This stuck out...question...

where do bards fit in? they are one of the most wanted jobs in a pt....but they don't do damage, they don't prevent damage or heal damage, and they're not a hybrid....
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-31 17:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Some guy in that tl;dr thing said:

* Samurai weapon skills miss the target more than any other job.

Cuz they are 1 hit, and ACC is capped at 95%, almost no other job uses 1 hit WS's, and SAM uses only 1 hit from 65+, but you know what else? lol, SAM does the most WS's out of every other job.

tl;dr, lol
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-31 17:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fivestarplayer said:

where do bards fit in? they are one of the most wanted jobs in a pt....but they don't do damage, they don't prevent damage or heal damage, and they're not a hybrid....

They are special number 4
They make everyone else do more damage, take less damage and such.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-08-31 17:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:

"The players that you see ripping on other’s gear…are frequently the biggest gilbuyers."

"Players that rush to use of the word “noob” as an insult…are the biggest “noobs” around."

^This.
[+]
 Ramuh.Miemo
Server: Ramuh
user: Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-08-31 17:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Personaly I like to value Skill before gear when recruiting players to LS's or events or w/e. But still. Skill alone don't get you thoose 2% faster timers or w/e.

Gonna keep reading this untill I fall asleep I guess.
[+]
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2009-08-31 17:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed tl;dr.

Except the first part.

Most gil buyers are in HNM? No sir it's kinda the opposite from my experience. You go into HNM to make money/get gear. The people who buy gil are usually the ones who can't get into HNM. I admit I've seen a few gil buyers from HNM in lesser shells.

In all honesty it looks like the majority of your thread is just bitching and moaning about having to play an MMO.

If you don't like how the game works don't play, as simple as that.

People are ***? Yes. They have em in real life too.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-08-31 17:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
* Arguing extensive mathematical breakdowns of gear…is the nerdiest crap you can possibly do, get a grip on reality.

I found the "get a grip on reality" line funny considering someone actually typed out a big assed document about all the flaws in XI.
[+]
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2009-08-31 17:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Corrderio said:
Quote:
* Arguing extensive mathematical breakdowns of gear…is the nerdiest crap you can possibly do, get a grip on reality.

I found the "get a grip on reality" line funny considering someone actually typed out a big assed document about all the flaws in XI.
 Garuda.Ishkur
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-08-31 17:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phurios said:
* Your gear is not important, your skill as a player is very important…Salvage has proven this.

* Puppetmaster is all about the Automaton and not about you or your gear, so it’s shunned as the worst job in the game.

Isn't that kinda a contradiction? Since automaton reaction are well... automated lol
for example if the entire PT is dying he'll cure the PUP instead of the PLD.
idk much about pup since I haven't lvl'd it but something tells me in highly coordinated situations like salvage or some events they must not be that good

this is not to bash PUPs I am one of the beleivers that each job has a situation where it's best fitted

it's not bash that guy who says: don't question gearz, question skillz. And don't underrate PUP's gearz cuz it doesn't matter, the actual puppet has the skillz!
[+]
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-31 17:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:

[+]
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-31 18:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Also gonna throw my calling card in here.

I just love the threads that start from someone's

User submitted image

Oh wait. This is the internet. Continue.
[+]
 Garuda.Ishkur
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-08-31 18:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

His Gear

He has actually good gear <.< idk who butt hurted you.
but you are generalizing your thoughts for a lot of ppl. not all of us are like that and that can piss off ppl. That you say stuff about everyone not knowing them...

Care more about your game and not so much about what other ppl say/do. Have fun with your online friends and you shouldn't get butthurt anymore
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-31 18:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Talk about getting the most out ur Usukane :o
[+]
 Ramuh.Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-08-31 18:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

lol!!

This one was great. It made my night I can die happily now^^

"Warriors that stand there never using provoke while an add kills your mages should be banned from the game and executed by guillotine."

Edit - That sentence is truth in the making.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-31 18:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
 Ramuh.Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-08-31 18:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest there wasnt really much to discuss after reading your goodbye to FFXI.
Anyways it was entertaining reading. Some points may get poeple to think a little. The only thing I disagree with was this:

"This is the most important piece of writing related to FF ever put forth," That my friend isn't at all what this is.

Anyways best of luck outside the game. Gonna go sleep now. Laters all~

Edit: - This would actully be of far more importance concerning FFXI.
[+]
 Titan.Verdell
Server: Titan
user: Ardalus
By Titan.Verdell 2009-08-31 18:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I really enjoyed reading that. Whoever wrote it made a lot of sense. Good one!
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-31 18:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

a simple "Ok, Im leaving this game, you guys suck, kthxbai!" would have been more than enough.

I think we all see that the OP is just another dried mass of bloody butthurt whose tired of getting peed on by the local bums.

Good luck, get laid, tell your boss you want that raise, and hopefully you'll live to see past 18.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-31 19:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure is butthurt up in the OP. What the ***.

tl;dr please; stop bitching and just quit already. If there wasn't an "I quit" buried in the 18th full-page paragraph down that I missed.
[+]
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-08-31 19:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fivestarplayer said:

Bards do a lot of damage, just not themselves. Think of all of the non-missed attacks and boosted damage done by the other people done in the party as the damage done by the Bard. In that sense, the Bard probably deals about as much damage as anyone else (and the give the mages MP).
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-08-31 19:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hackstealandbot said:
way too long

tl;dr? drama what drama i agree with ever thing he said in that url...
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-08-31 19:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hackstealandbot said:
way too long

you can't read it because you are illiterate and suck.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-08-31 19:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Take the ideas put forth in this article as my contribution to FFXI, but more importantly to the upcoming FFXIV. I’m sure I’ll see you for FFXIV even if I’m too busy to play it as much as FFXI (please Square-Enix come through for us on the casual gaming aspect) but even if you don’t see me there, remember what you’ve read here and put the parts that you like into practice. Because if there is one thing you should take away from what has been said here, it’s that I believe that we are better than this. We should be rolling our eyes at the star wars nerds, and the frat boy super jocks, not lowering ourselves to their level.

Have fun everyone,

Phurios

Do you still no get it now?
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-31 20:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting in a troll thread.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ataxia
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ataxia
By Pandemonium.Ataxia 2009-08-31 21:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You make a lot of good points (and a few bad ones) Phurios. Unfortunately, you've posted them in the wrong place if you are looking for any sort of relevant, intelligent discussion. I'm sure you've realized that already though; I have pretty much given up trying here. Good luck with your life.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Nususu
user: nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-08-31 21:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You could be the most skilled player on the server, but without the right gear you are useless in endgame situations. There is enough easily attainable gear out there for you to be able to perform your job that you shouldn't fall back on "my skill is enough". Your skill and understanding of your job alone will not land sleep on a high level monster that needs sleeping. Your skill alone will not allow you to blink tank end game monsters. You *NEED* gear to push yourself past the threshold you are normally capable of.

You are a hypocrite for more than just quitting the game, as you admit. You are a hypocrite because you put down what interests others in the game. An interesting part of the game for me is playing with gear and crunching numbers to figure out the best possible set ups. This does not mean I, or other people who like to play with numbers, are elitists. I have never once called someone a noob or gimp for having decent gear. As long as someone has adequate gear, I have no problem. You say we should all be more accepting, and yet you criticize what some people may enjoy about the game.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vincevalentine
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-08-31 21:59:24
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I think the OP is really just butthurt. About what, I have no idea. Maybe someone ragged on him for using that Osode to TP in. Maybe it was the NQ cerb. I have no idea, but I do think putting down others for being pissed off about idiots wasting their time in the game makes you somewhat of a hypocrite, no? Sure, it's your $13.95 or whatever. However, it's also $69.75 spent by the rest of your party, or $237.15 by the rest of your alliance. If you don't work to pull your own weight, and pay attention, and try your hardest to do things right, you're wasting everyone else's time.

And why are you so pissed off about gilbuyers? I saw way too many mentions of them in your rant. They are not affecting you directly with that, so what's the issue? I'm not saying I do it, by no means. I think it's amusing that someone would. On the other hand, I don't care if someone else does it, and neither should you. RMT are nothing but an annoying /tell in your chatlog anymore. They're not nearly as prevalent in farming camps as they used to be. Change your tampon, and move on.

And I agree with Nususu on the fact that crunching numbers to be the best you can is an amazing thing. I've found new builds for my SAM just due to having other friends work on the sets with me. I've currently got a 6-hit with 20% haste, and no Usukane. It's got better DoT, and allows me to use better gear on my WS set as well. Completely devoid of Hachiman. How'd that happen? Just running the numbers. Does that make me elitist? Hell no. Am I going to rag on that SAM with Shinsoku and full *** Hachiman? Hell yes I am. I'm going to try to help him, but if they don't want to hear it, then they're going to be made an *** of. This game is easier to play than people think, and if you're going to ignore how to make yourself better, you deserve every bit of ***-chewing you get. Just my two cents.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6