Badges!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Badges!
Badges!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-07 16:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
My idea of giving someone a badge for submitting the highest rated image for that time period was solid

Everything non-XI gets rated 1 by everyone even if it's a really cool picture
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-07 16:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
My idea of giving someone a badge for submitting the highest rated image for that time period was solid

Everything non-XI gets rated 1 by everyone even if it's a really cool picture
Sadly, I do this as well :(
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-08-07 16:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

4 wide and 2 deep seems like a reasonable max assuming we stick with rook's layout. (Thinking out loud)

-maintain a quality job or craft etc guide on site
-joined before 2008
-relic mythic before 2009
-artwork badge, this person is active in the art threads
-started a quality thread that got 100+ legit pages (outside the guide badges obviously) or 1000 idc, I don't remember who started RT)
-most rate ups given the system registered that month on a single comment ((probably happen on a new piece of armor or a new screenshot etc, seen some go 100+) (obviously mods/staff not included)
-the person with the highest rated screenshot submitted for that month (just like the screenshot section of the site but it just grabs the data monthly instead of constantly.)
-random featured poster of the month badge
-and one last one we come up with.

This way no one person can ever have more than 1-4 badges and it doesn't take any overhead to maintain.
The first thing that came to my mind when I looked at your list: "wow so these are the requirements for the FFXIAH mythic quest".

Then slowly we'll start having 1337s and gimps on the forum, lol.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-08-07 16:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
nazis
Valefor.Endoq said: »
you will only have created clicks
Must..resist..the nazi..in me..
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-07 16:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

At first I thought he was talking about clicks with the mouse on a link/ad thing and got really confused, lol.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-08-07 20:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

should have a badge if you won MSpaint at least once,
also this thread didnt even show on the x|vpro side, had to search for it
and if the badges is going to be an ah side only thing it shouldn't, think the badges should be accessable on both sites.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-08-07 20:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I should get a badge. Not sure for what, but I'm sure someone could figure it out for me.

Edit: Oh hey, what about badges for people who won the superlative awards a few months ago? There we go.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-08-07 20:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

"Best Janitor 2015"
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-08-07 20:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

also i get the Psychic Gym badge

Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-08-07 21:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
"Best Janitor 2015"
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-07 21:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

How about badges for people who, you know, won this contest....

Edit: Helps if I actually, you know, post the right link for the results.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-07 21:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Has already been discussed

Like 10 times at this point

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-07 21:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Has already been discussed

Like 10 times at this point
Really? I don't see it on this thread.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-08-07 22:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Really KN? Magnuss mentioned it 3 posts above yours >.>
VIP
By Kalila 2015-08-07 22:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

When I brought up the idea of an Amiibo social icon with Rooks, I had a few other ideas that I thought would be fun that the site does / has done that would encourage people to participate in our lil events more often.

The other main idea that I had, though unfortunately would be a lil more frequent than an Amiibo contest, would be our MS Paint challenges. The frequent posters for this weekly event have been trying to find a way to get more people involved in doodling with them, and I think having a doodle badge would be pretty fun :)

The problem is that it's a weekly thing, so maybe after 3 wins you get a badge? I don't know, but I think that is something our site has held for a very long time and has struggled a bit to get users involved :)

Just a thought!
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-07 23:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's for art there is a [+] button right? the most + is sort of a badge in its self I think
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-07 23:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
4 posts, and I'm sleepy >.>

I'm sorry I didn't notice a single post where I was looking for something that was mentioned 10+ times supposedly....
By Aelius 2015-08-08 01:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think badges should be displayed on the user's profile. Maybe have a text on the forum table like....

User: Endoq
Badges: 4

Too many badges could clutter and cause breaks.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-08 01:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
I should get a badge. Not sure for what, but I'm sure someone could figure it out for me.

Edit: Oh hey, what about badges for people who won the superlative awards a few months ago? There we go.
You got Zahrah's nicest person on the forum badge after she kicked me in the shin.

*ouch*
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-08 02:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Aelius said: »
I think badges should be displayed on the user's profile. Maybe have a text on the forum table like....

User: Endoq
Badges: 9004

Too many badges could clutter and cause breaks.
I really like this idea.

Maybe have the badges list expand when clicking on the badge
number.

Also I like that I already have over ninethousand badges before badges even exist!

You nobs got a lot of catching up to do if you wanna be awesome like me :3
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-08 05:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
4 posts, and I'm sleepy >.>

I'm sorry I didn't notice a single post where I was looking for something that was mentioned 10+ times supposedly....
I don't know about 10 times, but if you backread it was discussed already.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-08-08 11:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Forum users are actually the minority of site traffic.

#forum users lives matter

but you may want to tell that to seha and josiah who think they are "positively contributing to a community" >.> of forty seven....

Seha said: »
To you post count is more positive than contribution to the community?

on second thought...

I nominate seha for sainthood. saint seha has a nice ring and she should have her avatar painted as an icon and be immortalized in some sort of hall of heroic heroes that saved the site from oblivion because without seha the site would have collapsed a long time ago.

badges nobody else can get without time travel are too small of a tribute to the greatness of seha

maybe put her icon on the top page in the blue bar next to the ffxi auction house - here by the grace of saint seha

and let's get rid of the + next to posts and replace it with an "all glory and honor to seha" button so if you like someone's post you can give credit where credit is really due, to seha.

and then we need some way to have a signature on everyone's post but instead of their signature it will be seha of course

this post is only here because of the ten years of sacrifice seha has made to make all of our lives better.

and then we also need an automated pay attention to seha feature, because if there is one person who needs more attention it's seha

this new system would send randomized pms to seha telling her things like "I think you are great" "you're special" "way to go!" "may altana bless you and keep you" all registered users would be automatically send praise to saint seha.

if only everyone could be as helpful and as positive an influence on this site and this world as seha. what a wonderful and magical world this would be.

/sings
whose the greatest poster of them all.... Seha!
Whose the most hard working and dedicated person that ever lived...Seha!
who always posts positive messages of peace and love Seha!

everybody wishes they could be as great as seha but you can't because she is the most special snowflake in the whole god damned universe.. if only she could could be made a mod and an admin and block everyone else so the only people that can post are people that think seha is the coolest then this site would reach infinity.......

I want to make the seha statement that can never be mistaken
paint it on a canvas, carve those thousand words in stone
use it as a cornerstone of a tower that time can never crumble and build a seha shine built out of souls so that it lasts forever...

drop to your knees in worship filthy not sehas raise your hearts and voices to the one and only savior and true messiah the ultimate goddess...Seha!

seha needs badges and recognition and more attention and a special colored bar and special administration rites and a halo and an icon and a thread of worship in her own section on her own forum completely and utterly dedicated to all of her works and sacrifices plaster her avatar all over the front page make it your desktop on your pc print off some posters to put up everywhere. amen
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-08 11:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-08 11:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The only correct answer is to model the badges after the Boy Scouts merit badges.

The one true badge nerd:

[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-08 11:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Rest assured this man has the "virginity" badge and he wears it with pride !

By fonewear 2015-08-08 11:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Sarcasm badge finally a really useful badge !
By fonewear 2015-08-08 11:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Rooks said: »
Forum users are actually the minority of site traffic.

#forum users lives matter

but you may want to tell that to seha and josiah who think they are "positively contributing to a community" >.> of forty seven....

Seha said: »
To you post count is more positive than contribution to the community?

on second thought...

I nominate seha for sainthood. saint seha has a nice ring and she should have her avatar painted as an icon and be immortalized in some sort of hall of heroic heroes that saved the site from oblivion because without seha the site would have collapsed a long time ago.

badges nobody else can get without time travel are too small of a tribute to the greatness of seha

maybe put her icon on the top page in the blue bar next to the ffxi auction house - here by the grace of saint seha

and let's get rid of the + next to posts and replace it with an "all glory and honor to seha" button so if you like someone's post you can give credit where credit is really due, to seha.

and then we need some way to have a signature on everyone's post but instead of their signature it will be seha of course

this post is only here because of the ten years of sacrifice seha has made to make all of our lives better.

and then we also need an automated pay attention to seha feature, because if there is one person who needs more attention it's seha

this new system would send randomized pms to seha telling her things like "I think you are great" "you're special" "way to go!" "may altana bless you and keep you" all registered users would be automatically send praise to saint seha.

if only everyone could be as helpful and as positive an influence on this site and this world as seha. what a wonderful and magical world this would be.

/sings
whose the greatest poster of them all.... Seha!
Whose the most hard working and dedicated person that ever lived...Seha!
who always posts positive messages of peace and love Seha!

everybody wishes they could be as great as seha but you can't because she is the most special snowflake in the whole god damned universe.. if only she could could be made a mod and an admin and block everyone else so the only people that can post are people that think seha is the coolest then this site would reach infinity.......

I want to make the seha statement that can never be mistaken
paint it on a canvas, carve those thousand words in stone
use it as a cornerstone of a tower that time can never crumble and build a seha shine built out of souls so that it lasts forever...

drop to your knees in worship filthy not sehas raise your hearts and voices to the one and only savior and true messiah the ultimate goddess...Seha!

seha needs badges and recognition and more attention and a special colored bar and special administration rites and a halo and an icon and a thread of worship in her own section on her own forum completely and utterly dedicated to all of her works and sacrifices plaster her avatar all over the front page make it your desktop on your pc print off some posters to put up everywhere. amen

Sarcasm badge goes to...Nik with a minor in determination !
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7