Badges!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Badges!
Badges!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-08-08 12:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

*who's

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-08-08 12:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
whom'ses*
*tackles'es
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-08 12:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

People cannot help but make this a personal matter, can they?

If you would spend more time reading instead of imagining what your idea of me is you might have a better understanding.

I suggested or encouraged badges for community games, windower team, fanart makers - and guide makers. Of these only one applies to me(and is shared by many other wonderful guides), but hey I want all the badges for myself right?

Just cause I think popularity contests and postcounts are terrible ways to distribute them that makes me want to be special?

I don't even like this. Yesterday already I sent a pm to Rooks suggesting the whole thing is shutdown, because within 48 hours people were already sour that one was attached to my name.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-08 13:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Badges for guides is all well and good, but there are a lot of contributors on some of the guides. I'm on the node for 2 of the job guides, credited directly on one, but I didn't MAKE either of them. One of the contributors to the SAM guide has taken pretty direct ownership and kept up the gearsets and adjusted things after updates, etc. Probably has put in more work than the original poster at this point, too.

I don't know how you'd credit a guide maker without slapping people who helped build the guide or maintain it without giving badges to everyone involved, which would be dozens of people if not more.

I don't want a badge, but very few of the community projects are a solo operation, and that kinda kills the exclusivity.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-08 13:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Badges for guides is all well and good, but there are a lot of contributors on some of the guides. I'm on the node for 2 of the job guides, credited directly on one, but I didn't MAKE either of them. One of the contributors to the SAM guide has taken pretty direct ownership and kept up the gearsets and adjusted things after updates, etc. Probably has put in more work than the original poster at this point, too.

I don't know how you'd credit a guide maker without slapping people who helped build the guide or maintain it without giving badges to everyone involved, which would be dozens of people if not more.

I don't want a badge, but very few of the community projects are a solo operation, and that kinda kills the exclusivity.
I didn't even think about that aspect in detail. I was thinking more about non FF related competitions.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-08 13:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So.

First off, locking the thread.

Secondly, this kind of thing:

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
a wall of text going after a particular person

is never acceptable, ever. I'm tired of what seems to pass for "acceptable behavior" around here. Don't like someone, fine. Not everyone is going to like everyone else. Keep it to yourself.

Thirdly, as it relates to this topic, since it's clearly not something there's going to be any consensus on, and no one's given me any suitable ideas beyond "rewards for contests" (the original reason for it), that's what they're staying as.

Regarding guides that have been maintained by people other than the original author, talk to me. The point is to give something to people who contribute in big ways, so, you know, shoot me a PM if you/someone you know should qualify.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7