Badges!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Badges!
Badges!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Ramyrez 2015-08-07 14:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
There should be a badge for joining the site in 2007 at least. Probably only like 20 of you guys would get it but still. Good way to show ground floor people.

(No I am not one of them)

<_<

[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2015-08-07 14:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

People who post in the SE OF should get a "I survived" badge.

>.> <.<
[+]
By volkom 2015-08-07 14:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You should get a ticking clock or something.

'Days gone since last virus'
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-07 14:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I nominate that Zahrah gets the 'Nicest Person on the Forum' badge.

Liela should get a 'LOL Pic' badge.

Fone gets the 'Funniest Smart ***' badge.

Ravael - 'Most level headed in P&R' badge.

Lordgrim, of course, 'Alex Jones' badge.

Maybe Rooks gets the 'Jesus' badge, lol.

Hmm... I could go on.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-07 14:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramy - 'Most Feels' badge.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-07 14:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I nominate that Zahrah gets the 'Nicest Person on the Forum' badge.

Liela should get a 'LOL Pic' badge.

Fone gets the 'Funniest Smart ***' badge.

Ravael - 'Most level headed in P&R' badge.

Lordgrim, of course, 'Alex Jones' badge.

Maybe Rooks gets the 'Jesus' badge, lol.

Hmm... I could go on.
Why not instead of making exclusive badges like "Nicest person", instead give a badge for simply being nice to others and hand them out to whoever it applies.
Giving only 1 badge to 1 person at a time will only cause strife and jealousy and butthurt.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-07 15:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Why not instead of making exclusive badges like "Nicest person", instead give a badge for simply being nice to others and hand them out to whoever it applies.
Giving only 1 badge to 1 person at a time will only cause strife and jealousy and butthurt.
If we combine our ideas together you may be onto something. Maybe something like friendliest person of the week, and most helpful of the week type thing.

Kind of like ironing out the details to slowly remove any perceived type of popularity contest / nepotism type thing.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-08-07 15:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

To put the thread back on track:
Rooks said: »
2) Suggestions for additional badges. The idea here is that it should be for something community related; people who actually contribute and build things up. They should also be reasonably rare; the whole point is that it's something extra for someone who's put in the work to help build up the community.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-07 15:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot about the rare part, but helping build the community, yeah that is definitely crucial.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-08-07 15:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The proposed idea it sounds like an "Order of Merit" system. But some of you guys are trying to turn it into an achievement/trophy system! Not saying that you can't voice your opinions, but I don't think that's really the purpose of this thread.
[+]
By volkom 2015-08-07 15:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
2) Suggestions for additional badges. The idea here is that it should be for something community related; people who actually contribute and build things up. They should also be reasonably rare; the whole point is that it's something extra for someone who's put in the work to help build up the community.
so for example. if someone were to donate $1k to the site tomorrow, should they deserve a badge? or should their contribution go unnoticed besides being listed as a donator
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-08-07 15:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Who told you I'm "nice", Chaos?

/kicks Chaos in the shin

I'm gearing up for the Endoq's "We don't need no stinking badges!" badge! Or do you have your eyes on that badge also?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-07 15:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Up to them. Some donators prefer to remain anonymous.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-07 15:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The proposed idea it sounds like an "Order of Merit" system. But some of you guys are trying to turn it into an achievement/trophy system! Not saying that you can't voice your opinions, but I don't think that's really the purpose of this thread.
I like to think of it as brain storming through examples and then generalize it and apply it back to the original intent.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-08-07 15:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
so for example. if someone were to donate $1k to the site tomorrow, should they deserve a badge? or should their contribution go unnoticed besides being listed as a donator
Does it have to be a badge? How about a "thank you" letter? perhaps a public letter? or a shiny bar?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-07 15:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

/kicks Chaos in the shin

I'm gearing up for the Endoq's "We don't need no stinking badges!" badge! Or do you have your eyes on that badge also?
/steals your badge
/gives it to Magnuss
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2015-08-07 15:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If we combine our ideas together you may be onto something. Maybe something like friendliest person of the week, and most helpful of the week type thing.

Kind of like ironing out the details to slowly remove any perceived type of popularity contest / nepotism type thing.
Forums are natural popularity contests. In order to avoid making the badges emphasize that, perhaps it would be best to leave them as measurable achievements, such as the helpful guide one already in place.

Something quantifiable. Screenshots, fanart, helpful responses in threads, bug reports, etc. etc.

That's my two cents on the subject.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-08-07 15:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

/kicks Chaos in the shin

/steals your badge
/gives it to Magnuss

That's okay. Check out my Quiet Dignity badge. Hold on. I lost it. The damn thing is invisible.
[+]
By volkom 2015-08-07 15:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said: »

Forums are natural popularity contests. In order to avoid making the badges emphasize that, perhaps it would be best to leave them as measurable achievements, such as the helpful guide one already in place.

Something quantifiable. Screenshots, fanart, helpful responses in threads, bug reports, etc. etc.

I agree with that~ but how would you quantify that? If you do it based on # of submissions then you can spam whatever you want to get the badge. If you do it based on quality ~ then who's going to judge? would that lead to favoritism?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-07 15:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That reminds me... so I get the guide badge thing for writing a good guide on whatever job, but what is the Ackeron's Amiibo contest about?
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2015-08-07 15:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with that~ but how would you quantify that? If you do it based on # of submissions then you can spam whatever you want to get the badge. If you do it based on quality ~ then who's going to judge? would that lead to favoritism?
Little of column A, little of column B.
Screenshots for instance already have a voting mechanism in place. It couldn't be based on sheer number of course, that would lead to spamming as you mentioned.

Perhaps a balance of both, if possible.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-07 15:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do badges need to be rare?
This seems to be the root on the whole controversy

Sure make a few rare ones. But make a ton of common ones so people don't get all butthurt.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-07 15:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

a ton
Why would we want clutter? Where would we even put a ton of them?
By volkom 2015-08-07 15:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

put them on your profile page.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-07 15:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe have badges and trophies. Badges are more for stuff earned, some common some uncommon. Trophies for less tangible things, earned more by a type of voting. Only have a few trophies once a week or once a month.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-07 15:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I'm against this. The profile is for FFXI/FFXIV.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-07 15:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
a ton
Why would we want clutter? Where would we even put a ton of them?
They are made of pixels...
So um... that shouldn't be hard to figure out.
Maybe add a tab on the profile page for badges or the little space under our avatar pic
By volkom 2015-08-07 15:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Personally I'm against this. The profile is for FFXI/FFXIV.
So? No reason why a tab can't be made next to 'Home' & 'Forum' on the main account
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-07 15:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it's not game related and those are game profiles..
By volkom 2015-08-07 15:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/user/Seha

Like on that screen.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7