2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The Official Forums: "I Got Banned!"
The Official Forums: "I Got Banned!"
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 leo
By leo 2015-04-07 20:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Before the service started, they had a sort of closed BBS for the Japanese beta testers, again at http://www.playonline.com

First and only form of officially endorsed public forum the game ever had is the one we're talking about on this very thread.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-04-07 21:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

leo said: »
Before the service started, they had a sort of closed BBS for the Japanese beta testers, again at http://www.playonline.com

First and only form of officially endorsed public forum the game ever had is the one we're talking about on this very thread.

Ahhhh ok! Sorry for my misunderstanding! I can always count on Mari here to be in the know! Thanks, Mari!
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-08 13:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Mookies said: »
leo said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
SE has always been borderline HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in what they say, but only recently have they started banning the people that correct them.

They probably realized that when the player base figured out that the reps DON'T PLAY THE GAME they represent and don't know jack about it, the said players no longer take anything that is said seriously. lol

We know all too well, SE has a tendency of taking the least effort route first.

I can't help but say I get that feeling as well. I mean, most of the community rep's responses to suggestions or complaints are cookie cutter "This is why we can't do it" rebuttals that consist of either (paraphrasing) a) the system in question wasn't designed to take that into account b) we're working on the last update and won't be able to do anything about that. or c) It would be too difficult to add said thing to the game.

I mean, I suppose he's doing his job in giving the blind masses an answer they can walk away with. But anyone with half a brain can figure out he's bullshitting.

I might be remembering it wrong, but in the update where they nerfed THF and decided SAM was fine, I seem to recall the devs saying "we did playtesting and Fudo is fine", and it turns out their playtesting didn't actually include "playing the game the way your players are actually playing it".
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7