users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The Official Forums: "I Got Banned!"
The Official Forums: "I Got Banned!"
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 leo
By leo 2015-03-12 13:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Even in social shells I've been in over the years, vanilla PC users are definitely in the minority. There's plenty who don't use spellcast/gearswap or other add-ons, but most use it for script macros or at least for the distance and status timer plugins.

If 70% of an players use PC, at least half of those used at least windowed with basic plugins.

This actually match my experience of being the ugly duckling without plug-ins in a sea of people with. But apparently a lot of people playing on PC have very high resistance against using the game pad.

Playing vanilla FFXI with only the keyboard isn't the most pleasant experience in the world so it's really understandable.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-03-12 13:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as Byrth goes I think it more likely that someone on the OF (perhaps multiple people) started reporting his post from September when the fishing glitch was brought up again in hopes of getting him banned. I still think it's a bogus thing to ban for but I find half of what happens on the OF to be completely insane.

Also as far as the windower thing goes, last I checked I can't get vanilla ffxi to even open on my computer - crashes every time. There may be several people who switched to windower when xi no longer loaded properly.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-12 13:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Shiva.Keman said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I would say a good portion of the community who plays on PCs use windower. And I would also say that a good portion of the community who plays FFXI do so on a PC.

I don't think it's farfetched to assume that more than 50% of the FFXI community plays on Windower.

I just want to say, I agree that most FFXI players probably do play on PC. I however do not believe that the majority uses windower.

In my Social shell which will have around 40 or so people on and off. I know of 4-5 that use windower and there are probably a few others that use it and don't talk about it. Granted its a social shell and in a more endgame based shell you would probably get a higher concentration of Windower users, but I still do not believe it to be that high.

Maybe I am naïve since me and my best friend don't use it, but I do not believe it is 50% of the user base using Windower. (not that there's anything wrong with using it)

Even in social shells I've been in over the years, vanilla PC users are definitely in the minority. There's plenty who don't use spellcast/gearswap or other add-ons, but most use it for script macros or at least for the distance and status timer plugins.

If 70% of an players use PC, at least half of those used at least windowed with basic plugins.

I've actually posted consensus results that are on the OF site, Allakhazam and somewhere else (I did this a year ago) showing that 70% of PC players used Windower.

It's entirely possible that is true, at least for forum go-ers. I don't speak for PC users as a whole because I play with more dedicated people. Not necessarily elitist or hardcore, but they care about their jobs and playing them well for the people they play with. So, a much greater proportion of the people I interact with use windower than would necessarily be the case for others.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-12 14:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's entirely possible that is true, at least for forum go-ers. I don't speak for PC users as a whole because I play with more dedicated people. Not necessarily elitist or hardcore, but they care about their jobs and playing them well for the people they play with. So, a much greater proportion of the people I interact with use windower than would necessarily be the case for others.

Agreed, to some degree, however those who are in fight club, don't talk about fight club.

Probably a smart thing to do all thing's considered, and as a side point, ff11 Vanilla won't load on any of my machines anymore, without Windower to pick up Square Enix's Slack Jawed attempt at a game Launcher. (Yes the Rage and thinly veiled contempt for SE is Strong in this post) I used to be a huge fan of SE, mainly due to Square Soft's Reputation but these days they're ***, I had some hopes when the did a FANTASTIC job on Tomb Raider, and to some degree FF14 2.5.1 is a Decent Game, end game wise at least (Leveling with Scrubs is *** Painful as hell when you see some Idiot using a Tower shield with a 5% chance to block 40% of damage taken vs 50% chance to block 20% ........ but anyways Stupid people should be Euthanized and replaced with Gorillas as Manual Labour, but that's another rant for another thread).

I doubt I am the only person, considering it's MULTIPLE MACHINES that needs to use Windower just to play the *** game, and this is a key point for other users, not to mentions the fact windower automatically adjusts your display to optimum resolution for you (Minus Advanced Editing but again 4 grid's is hard to work with).

In My Main Linkshell: Everyone and I mean EVERYONE uses Windower, they don't use Spellcast necessarily, but they do use it for the Quality of Life assists, such as Better resolutions, being able to load, able to check how far something *** is so you don't get one shotted by shark for example ~ (I know there's an ingame version but replacing it with a number is just easier for Humans to process than Green Safe, Red Dead), in the 2 socials I had, alot o them had and use windower, people in game who vehemently state they do not use windower, have sent me PM's on here for help with gearswap and Booting in Windower mode.

So yeah, what people say to the masses, is not the same as what they actually do, some of these people asking me for help have actually stated on these forums they don't use windower, even after asking for my help...........

SO yeah.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-12 14:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what I got from them for my initial temp ban (I've marked my own text like so -- My Text -- but that's the only edit I've made):

Here's what they sent for my second suspension which got upgraded to a termination during the suspension period:

And the termination letter:

Just so everyone who doesn't already know can see how they roll. Following their links didn't take me anywhere I could dispute or report anything, not that it would have done any good.
 leo
By leo 2015-03-12 14:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wat?! They banned you, Cams ? O_O
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-12 15:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
*Posting content with the intention of criticizing either Square Enix staff or specific individuals.

Criticising SE........... Well I guess we now know SE bans people who point out their mistakes rather than fix them.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-12 18:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

leo said: »
Wat?! They banned you, Cams ? O_O

From the forums yep. All SE wants is sunshine and rainbows blown up its <Rear>.

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
*Posting content with the intention of criticizing either Square Enix staff or specific individuals.

Criticising SE........... Well I guess we now know SE bans people who point out their mistakes rather than fix them.

Of course if you lob personal attacks at one of SE's critics then you're in the clear. I've been on the receiving end of way worse than I've given, but like an actual adult, I don't report people for saying mean things on the internet so I guess that's why they get to stay.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-03-12 18:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Good glad you are banned from the forums Camiee. I reported the ***out of most your whiny posts. 1 useless person out of the handful shitting up OF gone. Thank you SE!
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-12 18:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Topicbanned.

Seriously though, if you agree with a ban, please don't flame another user as it will cause trouble. No one takes a permanent ban well especially if it's for odd reasons.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-03-13 00:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The best is still this guy that got banned and was sent the cops for the navy seal pasta during the alpha or beta of ARR.

I was here explaining to the coworkers that it's a pasta and they were like "but dude, we don't care, it's death threats, it's serious". It felt like an "argument" with people on FFXIAH.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-14 13:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got banned from the OF in the thread where everyone is discussing the THF and SAM adjustment for the following post:

Quote:
his is idiotic.

People see THF making large numbers and go, "NO THAT CANNOT BE THF CANNOT MAKE NUMBERS LARGER THAN MY LARGE NUMBERS THIS IS UNFAIR" without realizing that THF (and DNC) require 2 JAs stacked on top of their WS to do that, while SAM can just do a Fudo every 2-3 seconds.

For the first time in maybe the last five years, DNC is actually a desireable job. Prior to the Rudra's Storm update, I had literally been told to "*** off" because DNC was a "***job" when trying to get in to end game content. THF will always be needed, if for nothing other than Treasure Hunter. All DNC has going for it right now is Rudra's. The community is too stupid, on average, to understand anything but "big numbers", except they can't even understand those, just stare at them as if they're children fascinated by some shiny trinket they want but don't fully understand.

For me to do huge Rudra's on DNC, it takes a lot of gear, buffs, and timing dependent on JAs. With 7 Finishing Moves, I get to ~1k TP, do a Building Flourish, presto, step, get to about 2kTP, Climactic Flourish, step, Rudra's, step, Reverse Flourish, and then Rudra's. My Reverse Flourish gets me 1240 TP right now. I come out of Rudra's, generally, with 100TP or so. I can usually get in two attack rounds, if at attack speed cap, before I need to pull off the second Rudra's. It is not uncommon for me to be able to get that second Rudra's off at 1750 or 2k TP if I time it right.

This requires the use of 3 Job Abilities. Building Flourish is a 10 second cooldown, Reverse Flourish is 30 second, and Climactic Flourish is a minute and a half. I have more than a hundred job points spent on DNC right now, I have spent millions upon millions of gil and hundreds upon hundreds of hours gearing this job. And I can do "big numbers", at best, every minute and a half.

Meanwhile, every 3-4 seconds, my SAM, with nowhere near as much time or gil spent on gearing it, can do better damage, with the same level of buffs, by just spamming Fudo every 3-4 seconds.

THF is also reliant on JAs for this.

So the problem is not that DNC or THF are doing "too much" damage. The problem is that SAMs are angry that other people are doing damage, too, even if it takes those other people more effort and work and much better gear to get the same level of output.

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that if you have a SAM with two braincells to rub together, Fudospam is not the best damage they are capable of doing. A good SAM can do indefinitley long tier 2 skillchains. I've killed several of the Yorcia NMs in ~30 seconds solo (as in only person damaging the mob) as SAM doing thing. You string together Kasha Rana Shoha Gekko Kasha Rana Shoha Gekko Kasha Shoha Fudo and that will do far, far more damage in the same amount of time than any DNC or THF can pull off. There's no contest.

The problem is not that SAM is doing "less damage". The problem is that SAMs who are incapable of anything but Fudospam see other people doing more damage and think it's unfair that those other people dare have the gumption to do damage on "***jobs", not understanding that DNC and THF have to do something other than "unlock Tachi: Fudo and get attack speed cap" to do as much damage as a bad SAM can do.

Even on my incredibly well geared DNC, I cannot match the same damage my not very well geared SAM can do with massive L2 skillchaining.

This is a horrible decision. It is going to do absolutely nothing to fix the actual problem, which is that some DD jobs (WAR, DRK, PUP, etc) are undesired at present, and all it actually WILL do is relegate THF back to Treasure Hunter *** and DNC back to "useless ***job" for soloing.

Nevermind the fact that DNC, and if I recall correctly, THF, can actually do more straight up damage spamming their Mythic WSes with their Mythic Weapons at 1kTP than they can spamming Rudra's.

The problem is not Rudra's. The problem is not THF. The problem is not DNC.

The problem is idiotic members of the userbase who cannot comprehend anything but "fudospam" and "throw mnks at it".

Y'all can go ahead and laugh and me and call me a stupid idiot who has no idea what they're talking about. I'm from Asura, that's practically "G'day" here. I'm assuming I got banned for the "*** off" and "DNC is a ***job", which, I would like to repeat, I was literally told once when trying to get into a 17 person Ceizak run, when the person shouting was asking for "anything". They told me to *** off, told me DNC was ***, and then reshouted with a list of specific jobs.

So it's either the profanity (which is funny 'cause the post is still up in other people's quotes) or the "questioning SE's divinely inspired decisions".
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-03-14 14:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

SE never needed a reason to ban anyone. Most of the time they won't even tell you why you are banned.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-14 15:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt I am the only person, considering it's MULTIPLE MACHINES that needs to use Windower just to play the *** game

I am able to run vanilla fine on 4 different machines with about as varied of hardware and OS as anyone, but I accept that isn't necessarily the norm. However, I'd be surprised if even a significant amount of windower users were driven there because vanilla wouldn't launch properly.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-03-14 15:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Fyyvoaa said: »
People actually go there?

Banned for suggesting 75 era was the best in the game !

Yes this is why I go to the official forums:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/9008-Same-Sex-Marriages-in-FFXI

This should be an option and we should petition for this to be added or updated in the current marriage process.

The amount of players in FFXI that are male and play female characters is astounding The world is changing and a lot of homosexuals play the game as well, this should be an option.

How can we make it happen?
I doubt it will ever happen sadly... Even though the Galka are literally "Japanese Gay Man Stereotype" The Race. (There was even a valentines day banner thing with two Galka holding hands being a gay couple a while ago!)
Really. Big, muscley (hairy) men to what we westerners would consider "the manliest of men" are what Japan considers "flaming homosexuals".
Sure they have the effeminate gay man type as well, but that usually is verging on Okama territory rather than just gay man.
(For those out of the know, Okama are almost transgender... But not really. They're gay men... But a special type and more of a third gender type thing, VERY similar to India's third gender, rather than just a man who is gay.)
And the fun thing is that men who are "pretty" (to western standards) or who have adrogynous features or feminine features are considered extremely masculine there, while here in the west they would be the ones labeled as gay.
Literally what Japan and the West made "gay man stereotype" and "manly man stereotype" are switched.

And it's not just with its generalized stereotypes either.
Japan is just *** weird when it comes to homosexuality.
For instance, did you know that Japan has 100% nationally recognized gay marriage??
They've had it for a while now too!
BUT! There's a caveat.
Two Japanese people can't get married.
It has to be a Japanese citizen and a foreigner.
But not just any foreigner, they have to come from a country where gay marriage exists.
But even THAT they're weird about, because so long as your country has gay marriage SOMEWHERE, you can get gay married to a Japanese person... It doesn't have to be where you are from specifically!
:-/
Japan is weird.
And they both love and hate us gays... But all the JP people I know who I've asked them about homosexuals, when asked why they might be against gay marriage, they don't have an answer...
Which is really obnoxious because places like America have the excuse of years and years of Christian Orthodoxy to explain resistance to homosexuality...

Japan doesn't have that. And for the life of me, all the people I've met, all the books I've read, no defineable reason have I come to as to why there is a gay marriage resistance in Japan (which there is btw).
The closest thing to a reason is "it's weird"... :-/

So I don't expect them to ever add gay marriage to FFXI...
It'd be wonderful.
But... Japan is weird about this sort of thing, and SE is Japanese, and this is a Japanese game.

EDIT: also banned for mentioning that people data mine. Years ago. I don't use windower or ANY third party tools... But because I know that people do... Apparently that's banable?
I didn't even say what or give links or anything... It was over that stupid Nanna Mihgo statue from a few years back.
Literally: "I saw that in the data mines." Nothing more.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2015-03-14 15:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

did a FANTASTIC job on Tomb Raider

SE actually just published it - SE bought Crystal Dynamics when they bought Eidos in 2009, whether that counts as a victory for SE for "making" a good game or not, it wasn't the same ppl who made FFs
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-14 16:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Flaminglegion said: »
did a FANTASTIC job on Tomb Raider

SE actually just published it - SE bought Crystal Dynamics when they bought Eidos in 2009, whether that counts as a victory for SE for "making" a good game or not, it wasn't the same ppl who made FFs

As a Stand Alone Game, it was good, irrespective of the team, the company managed to push something out that was not awful, that should be classed as a win.

I doubt I am the only person, considering it's MULTIPLE MACHINES that needs to use Windower just to play the *** game

I am able to run vanilla fine on 4 different machines with about as varied of hardware and OS as anyone, but I accept that isn't necessarily the norm. However, I'd be surprised if even a significant amount of windower users were driven there because vanilla wouldn't launch properly.

Presumably not, however I do know of people with the same issue, which can account for some, even if it's a near negligible figure, it should never be required to run a game using another product because of "reasons which I'll put up to Really Really bad Dev Team Coding".

FaeQueenCory said: »
EDIT: also banned for mentioning that people data mine. Years ago. I don't use windower or ANY third party tools... But because I know that people do... Apparently that's banable?
I didn't even say what or give links or anything... It was over that stupid Nanna Mihgo statue from a few years back.
Literally: "I saw that in the data mines." Nothing more.

Data Mining is considered destruction of an intended Mechanic i.e Discovering through the game. In Japanese Society, where they are rather respectful of the intentions of a game designer, this is seen as somewhat more serious than you or I would consider normally, sorta like seeing Top Secret Government Secrets, but because they can't imprison you for it, they just stop you telling other people through official channels where to find it.

Honestly if you want something to be changed on a game that originates from SE, take it to Youtube and about a million Gaming Websites, then they will listen, to some degree.

The bottom line is: Will X amount to more $$? No? Then We aint doing ***.

That is how Corporations think and feel BUT AS I SAID ff14 has Gay Marriage.......... So it's not a SE thing, it's a FFXI we can't be bothered thing.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-14 17:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

And they both love and hate us gays... But all the JP people I know who I've asked them about homosexuals, when asked why they might be against gay marriage, they don't have an answer...

Don't wanna go too much off topic but I believe this is because the Japanese men are supposed to have families and provide for them so the women can stay home and take care of the kids or something, if they don't do this they're considered less of a man or whatever. They're also supposed to get married fairly early and have kids.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-14 17:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Don't wanna go too much off topic but I believe this is because the Japanese men are supposed to have families and provide for them so the women can stay home and take care of the kids or something, if they don't do this they're considered less of a man or whatever. They're also supposed to get married fairly early and have kids.

I thought it was more like "Japanese men are supposed to be worked like dogs, thanklessly, until they die early deaths." Seems to be a more accurate description from what I'm told.

also: paranoia is a horrible thing.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-14 17:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Presumably not, however I do know of people with the same issue, which can account for some, even if it's a near negligible figure, it should never be required to run a game using another product because of "reasons which I'll put up to Really Really bad Dev Team Coding".

I completely agree, and the temperamental nature of FFXI is beyond irritating for me. Having to change UAC settings, having to make registry changes so run at a modern resolution, having to maintain legacy drivers, etc. Playing an older game can be a headache, that's just part of legacy gaming, but FFXI is not a legacy game. It's a subscription based MMO, and their absolute refusal to make any meaningful updates to its engine is an indicator of a much deeper problem within SE.
[+]
 Sylph.Malphius
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2015-03-15 00:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't get banned but I am canceling my subscription. This game has become HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE beyond words. WTF is Vagary? Sounds like an event dreamed up by vag developers. Why is Abyssea gear being upgraded by an event that looks just like Skirmish but with a different name? Lack of original or NEW content. Banning of players for SE programming holes. Lack of inventory. Unity...Please oh please can I keep killing dumb sh*t for accolades over and over again? Lack of functionality in campaigns Etc...etc... Total joke.

This game isn't worth paying for anymore.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-15 01:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Malphius said: »
I didn't get banned but I am canceling my subscription. This game has become HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE beyond words. WTF is Vagary? Sounds like an event dreamed up by vag developers. Why is Abyssea gear being upgraded by an event that looks just like Skirmish but with a different name? Lack of original or NEW content. Banning of players for SE programming holes. Lack of inventory. Unity...Please oh please can I keep killing dumb sh*t for accolades over and over again? Lack of functionality in campaigns Etc...etc... Total joke.

This game isn't worth paying for anymore.

Honestly FFXIV is actually rather good, I mean there's tons of grinding, relevant gear/upgrades etc, Loads of inventory, Crafting, leveling retainers (they sell your ***).

Endgame wise: Challenging and lots of loot, but it's very Linear in respect of "there is only 1 real end game event" at the minute, which is a bit meh, but without sidegrades that's just how it will be (for now).

And it's not stat vomit gear, some of it requires in depth maths to work out best potential DPS output from gear combos (No STR is not the only contributing factor!).

Very Casual and Hardcore friendly, plus if you take a month off, and come back and need to exp due to level cap increases, you get a bonus to exp of +50% (You get half a level approx every 24 hours).

Not huge but thats about 10 levels of boosted exp after a month.

Theres:
Leveling:
Skills from Sub Classed: (More leveling)
Gearing up: (Ilvl Gate Locks so you have to have gear event appropriate average gear).
Crafting:
Questing: (This is a huge part of the game).
Relic Quest: (Starter Quest and Very Grindy).
Daily and Weekly Event Targets to aid in the above:
Bonus EXP/GIL/Tokens to group for helping new players:
Party Finder is a tad random, but basically picks 1 tank 1 healer 2 DD's for leveling so you can Flag Up, do some quests, or Fates (Fates are Similar to campaign Battle but Far more rewarding and needed later in the game).
Levequests: Solo leveling~
Guildhiests:
Weekly lockouts on gear/token caps (to stop someone progressing too fast but there's that much to do you don't really notice this).
Fight Eidolens (Avatars) (Yes they're relevant as upgrades require x amount of stuff from them).
Vanity Systems:
Hunt Targets: (NM hunting but with Free for all like WKR but far more organised)
Friendly playerbase:

-----

Hardcore: Coil of Bahamut! for example.

These fights are where ***gets real, and really is a Shock to the system if you're new to them, they jump from World Of Darkness (Ilvl 120 stuff drops from) to this is MASSSSSSSSSIVE.

Oh but more importantly, No *** job is useless and all have their needs/uses and are used in content, Very Balanced (War is opish but lets not discuss).

Jobs are designed to work together rather than stand alone i.e SCH and WHM work in tandem is one of the best combos healing wise available.
[+]
 Sylph.Malphius
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2015-03-15 01:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm probably going to reactivate 14. I had it @beta and @1.0 then right after the relaunch at 2.0 but there wasn't enough content at the time and I canceled.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-15 02:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

After my ban was lifted earlier in the day, I've been re-banned. I have no idea what the *** is going on there except apparently some people are really anally annihilated over Rudra's Storm.
 Leviathan.Behemothx
Server: Leviathan
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2015-03-15 03:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bloodrose said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Just another quick though; it seems mods on the OFs will ban just due to bandwagon reporting. I don't think public opinion should be the deciding factor for a ban, WHY a user is being reported should be looked at as well as past actions and decide from there. To do ban on public opinion is lazy.
Seems like I would have been banned from the OF on day one >.>
I was.

And we thank the almighty for that :P
By Davorin 2015-03-15 04:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
After my ban was lifted earlier in the day, I've been re-banned. I have no idea what the *** is going on there except apparently some people are really anally annihilated over Rudra's Storm.

Looking at your posts here and your OF quote it's pretty clear that you lack tact. Not sure why you're confused.

Excessive profanity: check
Criticizing the developers: check
Slamming the community/playerbase: check

Not trying to provoke you, but you could have easily gotten your point across without using any of those.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-15 04:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »

Looking at your posts here and your OF quote it's pretty clear that you lack tact. Not sure why you're confused.

Not trying to provoke you, but you could have easily gotten your point across without using any of those.

What do you mean, excessive profanity? Where I directly quote what another player on my own server told me? 'cause it's entirely relevant to the topic that was at hand.

As to criticizing the developers, thinking that developers are perfect individuals who can do no wrong and are beyond any and all criticism is the kind of thinking that destroys games. There is nothing more deadly than to be surrounded by yes-men, rotting in the stink of your own reflections.

As to slamming the community/playerbase: wherein lies the problem? In my own experience, this has been a large part of the problem.

I really am sorry that people are so thin-skinned that anything that is not servile, lavish praise and masturbatory congratulation and assurance that they are 100% special snowflakes who are perfect just the way they are and can do no wrong.
[+]
By Davorin 2015-03-15 04:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »

What do you mean, excessive profanity? Where I directly quote what another player on my own server told me? 'cause it's entirely relevant to the topic that was at hand.

As to criticizing the developers, thinking that developers are perfect individuals who can do no wrong and are beyond any and all criticism is the kind of thinking that destroys games. There is nothing more deadly than to be surrounded by yes-men, rotting in the stink of your own reflections.

As to slamming the community/playerbase: wherein lies the problem? In my own experience, this has been a large part of the problem.

I really am sorry that people are so thin-skinned that anything that is not servile, lavish praise and masturbatory congratulation and assurance that they are 100% special snowflakes who are perfect just the way they are and can do no wrong.

Since you're still confused, let me simplify this for you. When you go to somewhere like a forum, there are usually rules about what you can or can not do or say. These rules may vary from forum to forum. If you break a rule, or rules, there are consequences.

You don't have to like the rules, but you should be aware, and at least know your audience.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-15 05:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, SE sucks ***.

So if you insult them or point out how horribly incompetent they are, they'll ban you (unless they're too incompetent to ban you).
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7