Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-10 08:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I'd go with not caring. I don't use windower, so that's definitely not the reason I still play.
I would say a good portion of the community who plays on PCs use windower. And I would also say that a good portion of the community who plays FFXI do so on a PC.

I don't think it's farfetched to assume that more than 50% of the FFXI community plays on Windower. By destroying Windower, they are essentially shooting themselves in both feet and their left arm.
Also with FFXI's dwindling subs the OF's toxic community isn't a good thing. Some people go to the OFs for help, once banned why continue paying to play if you are banned from the official source of help for a stupid reason? Personally I have a slight feeling they are trying to kill XI but are putting on an act like they aren't so people aren't mad at the brand.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-10 09:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I'd go with not caring. I don't use windower, so that's definitely not the reason I still play.
I would say a good portion of the community who plays on PCs use windower. And I would also say that a good portion of the community who plays FFXI do so on a PC.

I don't think it's farfetched to assume that more than 50% of the FFXI community plays on Windower. By destroying Windower, they are essentially shooting themselves in both feet and their left arm.
Also with FFXI's dwindling subs the OF's toxic community isn't a good thing. Some people go to the OFs for help, once banned why continue paying to play if you are banned from the official source of help for a stupid reason? Personally I have a slight feeling they are trying to kill XI but are putting on an act like they aren't so people aren't mad at the brand.
I was actually told to stay away from the OF and was redirected to this website instead when I needed to ask for help.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-10 09:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just another quick though; it seems mods on the OFs will ban just due to bandwagon reporting. I don't think public opinion should be the deciding factor for a ban, WHY a user is being reported should be looked at as well as past actions and decide from there. To do ban on public opinion is lazy.
I'd definitely go along with this analysis rather than trying to secretly kill the game.
[+]
 Phoenix.Bahtbaht
Server: Phoenix
user: BahtBaht
By Phoenix.Bahtbaht 2015-03-10 09:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me preface this with the point of I don't have an OF account, I never saw any reason too have one. However in my lurking there it seems, to me, that SE just want's it as a "yes man" site. I don't think that SE actually wants dissenting opinions or real discussion on the site. And they certainly don't want people pointing out their actual screw ups with the game.

It seems just like a bunch of fanboy/fangirl's nodding in aggrement, while any different opinion no matter how well explained or reasoned can be shouted down. Worse still are the White Knights that seem to creep up and actively defend SE for bad calls or things the playerbase seems to think are bad. Here's a hint White Knights, if SE cant defend themselves (since it's their own place) perhaps they are actually in the wrong.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-03-10 11:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Bahtbaht said: »

Let me preface this with the point of I don't have an OF account, I never saw any reason too have one. However in my lurking there it seems, to me, that SE just want's it as a "yes man" site. I don't think that SE actually wants dissenting opinions or real discussion on the site. And they certainly don't want people pointing out their actual screw ups with the game.

It seems just like a bunch of fanboy/fangirl's nodding in aggrement, while any different opinion no matter how well explained or reasoned can be shouted down. Worse still are the White Knights that seem to creep up and actively defend SE for bad calls or things the playerbase seems to think are bad. Here's a hint White Knights, if SE cant defend themselves (since it's their own place) perhaps they are actually in the wrong.

As ungrateful as allot community can be and seems to always find something to criticize and seldom to also never showing any appreciation and in the manner how allot of these people voice their opinions... I’d prolly ban those MF's also just because I can. For every 1 fan boy/girl there is 10 disgruntle subs it seems.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-10 12:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Phoenix.Bahtbaht said: »

As ungrateful as allot community can be and seems to always find something to criticize and seldom to also never showing any appreciation and in the manner how allot of these people voice their opinions... I’d prolly ban those MF's also just because I can. For every 1 fan boy/girl there is 10 disgruntle subs it seems.
There is a reason, they ruined the game we love or loved. I can only imagine Tanaka saying no to all the odd ***Matsui suggested before turning the game over to him and basically telling him "here, you put Old Yeller down."
 Sylph.Snk
Server: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2015-03-10 14:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just another quick though; it seems mods on the OFs will ban just due to bandwagon reporting. I don't think public opinion should be the deciding factor for a ban, WHY a user is being reported should be looked at as well as past actions and decide from there. To do ban on public opinion is lazy.

This is very much the truth. There's a lot of ***that the mods on the forums have to deal with in what they say since a lot of it could be verboten to them.

I mod a pretty old active forum as it is and I wouldn't want to have to be told I couldn't say anything that would maybe embaress the site or it's owners.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-10 15:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

As ungrateful as allot community can be and seems to always find something to criticize and seldom to also never showing any appreciation and in the manner how allot of these people voice their opinions...

Ungrateful? You make it sound like they're doing us a favor by allowing us to pay them to play the game. They're in business. They're getting paid. Getting criticized is a cost of doing business. A healthy company takes the criticism and uses what it can to help build a better product. An unhealthy company does what SE does, and hides from what they don't want to hear.

Quote:
I’d prolly ban those MF's also just because I can. For every 1 fan boy/girl there is 10 disgruntle subs it seems.

So potentially piss off 10 paying customers to please 1? What part of that seems like good business practice to you?
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-10 15:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Snk said: »

This is very much the truth. There's a lot of ***that the mods on the forums have to deal with in what they say since a lot of it could be verboten to them.

I mod a pretty old active forum as it is and I wouldn't want to have to be told I couldn't say anything that would maybe embaress the site or it's owners.
I've been to forums where mods are required to post at least 5 posts per day to maintain a presence.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-03-10 15:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What's really odd is there is a handful of people always on the OF forums posting that are constantly arguing in almost every single thread created. I don't understand how people like this are still around on the OF shitting up every thread yet Bryth gets banned for posting a bug?
By Bloodrose 2015-03-10 15:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
As ungrateful as allot community can be and seems to always find something to criticize and seldom to also never showing any appreciation and in the manner how allot of these people voice their opinions...

Ungrateful? You make it sound like they're doing us a favor by allowing us to pay them to play the game. They're in business. They're getting paid. Getting criticized is a cost of doing business. A healthy company takes the criticism and uses what it can to help build a better product. An unhealthy company does what SE does, and hides from what they don't want to hear.

Quote:
I’d prolly ban those MF's also just because I can. For every 1 fan boy/girl there is 10 disgruntle subs it seems.

So potentially piss off 10 paying customers to please 1? What part of that seems like good business practice to you?
I can't really + this enough. So... that being said... + this post too.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-10 16:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »

What's really odd is there is a handful of people always on the OF forums posting that are constantly arguing in almost every single thread created. I don't understand how people like this are still around on the OF shitting up every thread yet Bryth gets banned for posting a bug?
I can understand why Byrth was banned (sorry, you purple little ***) he basically posted something pertaining to the code, what I don't understand is that he posted it back in September and he apparently just got banned. I look at modding kinda like disciplining a puppy; do it when it's relevant or else they aren't going to know why the hell you're doing what you're doing.

Say you posted some picture with a prohibited word in it, June of last year and I just now notice it, good for you, you got away with it. It'll be removed and noted but it isn't relevant so I'm not going to ban you for stuff you did months ago unless you're still doing it in which case you're probably an idiot and deserve a ban.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-10 16:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry, you purple little ***
Wait, there's more than 2 people with this title?
By Bloodrose 2015-03-10 16:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I've seen about 4 or 5 people around here with the purple *** title.
By Zackan 2015-03-10 16:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Your loss.

The most justified reason to not use Windower is if you play Fullscreen(because at least for me, the game looks sharper when you play in Fullscreen as part of the official program) AND if you have a second system to do your wikipedia browsing. But even this is just a small justification.. you improve your gameplay experience so much by using Windower... From the most passive things like 'time stamps' in your chat log to stuff like AutoRA for skilling up and Treasure chest helper for opening brown boxes.
Oh and most importantly lets not forget Guildwork.

Really the point is the only justifiable reason not to use windower is the 'sharper graphics' excuse. IF thats not your reason for avoiding it, then your just a holdout, and you really need to hop on the bandwagon^^
 leo
By leo 2015-03-10 17:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I can understand why Byrth was banned (sorry, you purple little ***) he basically posted something pertaining to the code, what I don't understand is that he posted it back in September and he apparently just got banned. I look at modding kinda like disciplining a puppy; do it when it's relevant or else they aren't going to know why the hell you're doing what you're doing.

Say you posted some picture with a prohibited word in it, June of last year and I just now notice it, good for you, you got away with it. It'll be removed and noted but it isn't relevant so I'm not going to ban you for stuff you did months ago unless you're still doing it in which case you're probably an idiot and deserve a ban.

His post about the fishing bug probably caused them to scrutinize his behavior. They likely went around community forums (places like this) and look for what his posts were about.

Then once they figured out Byrth connection with Windower, his future was settled.

That pretty much tell them about his ingame account, too. From forum to full account ban, really simple.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-11 20:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

They Banned Bryth because he made them look like *** idiots.

No other reason.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-11 21:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

leo said: »

His post about the fishing bug probably caused them to scrutinize his behavior. They likely went around community forums (places like this) and look for what his posts were about.

Then once they figured out Byrth connection with Windower, his future was settled.

That pretty much tell them about his ingame account, too. From forum to full account ban, really simple.
I doubt the mods put this much thought into it. The mods are also GMs apparently, they don't have time to run around looking at where he posts or what about.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-11 21:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt the mods put this much thought into it. The mods are also GMs apparently, they don't have time to run around looking at where he posts or what about.

Didn't we have a thread about People ust getting banned on blind reports on new accounts characters for botting, when said character was literaly afk doing nothing in the middle of a zone, using a PS2?

They are not even checking reports, they are auto-banning people.
 leo
By leo 2015-03-11 22:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I know other companies (Microsoft for example) do look gaming forums and sites to get information about the cheating communities they are aiming for. They (XBOX enforcement people) did even brag about it on their forum a couple years ago.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-11 22:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ote | Reply | Report | Score: 0 +

I know other companies (Microsoft for example) do look gaming forums and sites to get information about th

SE have Quoted that they DO NOT use Screenshots from other sites, internet webpages as "evidence".

They just didn't like being shown up for being Stupid.
[+]
By Davorin 2015-03-12 00:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Didn't we have a thread about People ust getting banned on blind reports on new accounts characters for botting, when said character was literaly afk doing nothing in the middle of a zone, using a PS2?

This is a pretty silly claim. Maybe some part of the process is automated somehow, but to come to your conclusion based on banned forum crybabies is naive.

Edited for context clarity.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-12 01:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »

This is a pretty silly claim. Maybe some part of the process is automated somehow, but to come to your conclusion based on banned forum crybabies is naive.

Anjisnu actually did it on a 100% new SE account, New Character, character had existed 10 minutes.

It was done to and posted in the "salvage dancing bans" thread actually.

Anjisnu's character is NOT banned, so he isn't a "banned Crybaby" but I see where you are coming from.

Alot of things are not being checked, whether you feel they are is irrelevant, they should be, but are so not being checked.
By Davorin 2015-03-12 02:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anjisnu actually did it on a 100% new SE account, New Character, character had existed 10 minutes.

It was done to and posted in the "salvage dancing bans" thread actually.

Anjisnu's character is NOT banned, so he isn't a "banned Crybaby" but I see where you are coming from.

Alot of things are not being checked, whether you feel they are is irrelevant, they should be, but are so not being checked.

Yea that... I had read that story originally in the "Ban stick" thread. You'll have to forgive me for being extremely skeptical of such a fantastic and unique story.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-12 02:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

extremely skeptical of such a fantastic and unique story.

Normally I would agree with you, I mean fully, but looking at the lack luster updates, the constant reskinned, old event with Ilvl Turned up for arbitary difficulty, and casino style augmenting system which is incredibly lazy, I am more skeptical of SE doing their job properly on final fantasy 11.

I mean, you come on here and post a bug, that same said community will tell you a fix or work around.

You post if OF and you get banned 5~6 months later because you said ***about their code.

Both seem as believable when viewed in such a light.

I mean Technically, posting information on a proposed method of how SE calculates Weaponskill damage is also a breach of ToS, because it's understanding and posting how they Code Damage.

So Are Fansites now NOT ok depites GM's advising us to utilise them? Again this doesn't show the best light on the people we you guys pay your money to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for them protecting their intelectual property, however when you make a game viable for PC, expect people to read your *** code, or encrypt it.

I mean their "code" isn't hard for any company to backwards analyse if Bryth managed it, with just Client Side Tools to hand, then I imagine any company serious about having this data, would have it.

It's just a *** excuse from them, which destroys their credibility.

Edited due to tangent:
[+]
By Davorin 2015-03-12 02:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I am more skeptical of SE doing their job properly on final fantasy 11.

Absolutely.

I have the same concern about the game. And Byrth's ban from the OF is really strange.

I guess I just don't think that the in-game bans are being pulled from thin air. Anjisnu's case, if true, is an outlier in the posts I've read here and BG.
[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-03-12 11:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps they're acting that way only when the targets are not Japanese ? lol

Are there any reports of banning being issued on Japanese users ?
 Shiva.Keman
Server: Shiva
user: Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2015-03-12 11:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's farfetched to assume that more than 50% of the FFXI community plays on Windower.

I just want to say, I agree that most FFXI players probably do play on PC. I however do not believe that the majority uses windower.

In my Social shell which will have around 40 or so people on and off. I know of 4-5 that use windower and there are probably a few others that use it and don't talk about it. Granted its a social shell and in a more endgame based shell you would probably get a higher concentration of Windower users, but I still do not believe it to be that high.

Maybe I am naïve since me and my best friend don't use it, but I do not believe it is 50% of the user base using Windower. (not that there's anything wrong with using it)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-12 11:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Keman said: »

I don't think it's farfetched to assume that more than 50% of the FFXI community plays on Windower.

I just want to say, I agree that most FFXI players probably do play on PC. I however do not believe that the majority uses windower.

In my Social shell which will have around 40 or so people on and off. I know of 4-5 that use windower and there are probably a few others that use it and don't talk about it. Granted its a social shell and in a more endgame based shell you would probably get a higher concentration of Windower users, but I still do not believe it to be that high.

Maybe I am naïve since me and my best friend don't use it, but I do not believe it is 50% of the user base using Windower. (not that there's anything wrong with using it)

Even in social shells I've been in over the years, vanilla PC users are definitely in the minority. There's plenty who don't use spellcast/gearswap or other add-ons, but most use it for script macros or at least for the distance and status timer plugins.

If 70% of an players use PC, at least half of those used at least windowed with basic plugins.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-12 12:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Shiva.Keman said: »

Even in social shells I've been in over the years, vanilla PC users are definitely in the minority. There's plenty who don't use spellcast/gearswap or other add-ons, but most use it for script macros or at least for the distance and status timer plugins.

If 70% of an players use PC, at least half of those used at least windowed with basic plugins.

I've actually posted consensus results that are on the OF site, Allakhazam and somewhere else (I did this a year ago) showing that 70% of PC players used Windower.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7