Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-15 07:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
Asura.Ivlilla said: »
After my ban was lifted earlier in the day, I've been re-banned. I have no idea what the *** is going on there except apparently some people are really anally annihilated over Rudra's Storm.

Looking at your posts here and your OF quote it's pretty clear that you lack tact. Not sure why you're confused.

Excessive profanity: check
Criticizing the developers: check
Slamming the community/playerbase: check

Not trying to provoke you, but you could have easily gotten your point across without using any of those.

The thing is the forums are rife with profanity, criticism of the community, and even personal attacks yet not everyone who does these things gets banned. I'm sticking with Anna's theory that it's based on reports. If you get reported you get banned. No questions asked.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-15 09:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
After my ban was lifted earlier in the day, I've been re-banned. I have no idea what the *** is going on there except apparently some people are really anally annihilated over Rudra's Storm.

Looking at your posts here and your OF quote it's pretty clear that you lack tact. Not sure why you're confused.

Not trying to provoke you, but you could have easily gotten your point across without using any of those.

The thing is the forums are rife with profanity, criticism of the community, and even personal attacks yet not everyone who does these things gets banned. I'm sticking with Anna's theory that it's based on reports. If you get reported you get banned. No questions asked.
That theory is also based on the theory of SE being cheap and making their Game Masters also be Forum mods. I haven't been to the XIV OFs in awhile, but I never really hear of people being banned for stupid reasons from there despite XIV taking a ton of criticism from stupid people. For some of them, it's scary that they can read and write and still be that stupid.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-15 09:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
For some of them, it's scary that they can read and write and still be that stupid.
Wait, you mod here and you are still surprised that people can be that stupid?

The quality of posters here isn't exactly something to write home about....

I mean, just look at this jackass:

[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-15 09:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Also, SE sucks ***.

So if you insult them or point out how horribly incompetent they are, they'll ban you (unless they're too incompetent to ban you).

Are you still mad about that? Seriously, I go to the "not a bug reports" and "working as intended" on the official forum to get a laugh. SE is the game company equivalent to Forrest Gump only a lot less likable.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-15 10:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Also, SE sucks ***.

So if you insult them or point out how horribly incompetent they are, they'll ban you (unless they're too incompetent to ban you).

Are you still mad about that? Seriously, I go to the "not a bug reports" and "working as intended" on the official forum to get a laugh. SE is the game company equivalent to Forrest Gump only a lot less likable.
"I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I know what love is"
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-15 10:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't really "SE" that is banning people, as I said, it's different on the XIV forums. It's XI's Forum/Game Master staff which is different from XIV that is the difference.

Blame Square-Enix for ruining the Final Fantasy brand but give the forum staff credit for banning people for idiotic reasons.
 Fenrir.Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-15 11:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I can't really draw a distinction between a company and its employees. The forum mods, the devs, the call.. I mean.. chat center reps, etc. are all official representatives of the company. Their actions all reflect the corporate culture. The buck stops with the president and the board, but our relationship with SE starts with the low level peons. I myself am a low-level peon at my own workplace, so no insult is intended (at this time).

[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-03-15 12:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I work for a Japanese company and I see a ton of similarities with SE between them.

They cut corners a lot. They don't fix anything. They just constantly 'repair' things. 'Repair' is kind of subjective here but let me give you an example; There's an oil leak. Instead of fixing the leak, they contain the leak with a oil soaking barrier and change it out daily with a new barrier. Now keep in mind that if oil gets on the material we use, the material is no good. Every 15 minutes or so, we'll have to scrap at least 20 pieces of material because of oil drips.

Although, I kind of feel bad for the actual Japanese higher ups. Because the president is rather abusive towards them and they just sit there and take it. I mean, talk about a mean streak, I remember seeing the president choking the life out of a plant in his office like it was another person because a truck was a few hours late with a shipment.

Also is an unwritten rule that they never talk to other employees. You say 'Hi, how is your day' to them, they just look at you like you aren't good enough to speak to them and just walk away from you.

Maybe they use to work for SE. Who knows.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-15 12:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What i find funny is how much people here think i am a troll and i was not banned from se forums. When in fact i am no troll.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-03-15 13:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

his is idiotic.
Here, you *** up. This alone is enough to have your anus torn.

If you post on English forums, you have to be REALLY polite and do not seek arguments and what not. Be the cleanest *** around. Obviously, most normal human beings will not tolerate that, which is why not everyone posts on the official forums.

Also, SE sucks ***.

Yeah, zero tolerance. They do not want to be attacked in any way.

Some French people who complained about news being in English or German (it happens) got banned for bitching.

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
I work for a Japanese company and I see a ton of similarities with SE between them.

They cut corners a lot. They don't fix anything. They just constantly 'repair' things. 'Repair' is kind of subjective here but let me give you an example; There's an oil leak. Instead of fixing the leak, they contain the leak with a oil soaking barrier and change it out daily with a new barrier. Now keep in mind that if oil gets on the material we use, the material is no good. Every 15 minutes or so, we'll have to scrap at least 20 pieces of material because of oil drips.

Although, I kind of feel bad for the actual Japanese higher ups. Because the president is rather abusive towards them and they just sit there and take it. I mean, talk about a mean streak, I remember seeing the president choking the life out of a plant in his office like it was another person because a truck was a few hours late with a shipment.

Also is an unwritten rule that they never talk to other employees. You say 'Hi, how is your day' to them, they just look at you like you aren't good enough to speak to them and just walk away from you.

Maybe they use to work for SE. Who knows.
Why would you feel bad for them?

The way it works, and it is like this with every JP company: if you are manager or above, your job is guaranteed to last forever unless you make a mistake that goes against your contract.

The only higher ups that can be sacked are people who are notorious, because they're not just employees, they're super stars.
To give you an example, you'd have more chance of Yoshida getting fired than anyone under him in any of the 3 regions, considering every single one of them do not make any mistake.

The EU PR team is incompetent and is notorious for it yet, none of them is in danger of losing their job. Actually, they barely have any turn over because of that: you're paid 60/80k$ per year doing nothing, having everything paid for you and you can't get fired.
Same goes for management, 60k$ per year, some benefits and they can't get fired.
As for that guy who's overqualified yet incompetent at his task working at the production department, don't worry that his 120/140k$ are safe, he's never getting fired no matter how much he does nothing and barely comes to work.

Whether it seem like big money or not, just keep in mind that they can't and will not get fired.

It is the same in Japan and US.

JP employees are nice people however. The least friendly people I had to work with were either from the US or from UK. People from Japan, Germany, Spain, Italy and France were usually quite friendly, the only difference is that you're not allowed to ask a JP girl her age.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-15 14:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
the only difference is that you're not allowed to ask a JP girl her age.
I don't ask this of women in general, nor do I tell a woman to "calm down" because I've learned that both are very very bad ideas.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-15 14:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They put up with it so when the president dies, they can take his place.

You can even help with his "retirement" as long as you don't get caught.

"Here's your car Mr. President, please drive safe"

<phone rings 30 minutes later>

"Mr. Soandso, did you know that the president's car exploded in a great ball of fire before running off a cliff?"

"No, but do I get his job now?"

>.>

<.<
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-15 16:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem that I see is that most users of the OF do not use it "as intended."

I realize that players view the forums as a way to interact with the developers, but it's really not. Developers are rarely interested in how a player feels, and when they are, they'd like the player to be clear, concise, and easily understood.

Have you ever been, professionally, required to read feedback from customers? It's usually so petty and small minded. While teaching, I recall getting RFQ's that would have comments like "he's a chill mother ***", "I wish he'd grow a beard", or "he does a good job but he's single and that could be distracting some girls."

To add to the puling the OF hosts each day, you have equally misguided, probably well-meaning, players that feel compelled to offer their opinion on why X's opinion is wrong. These folks can, despite their intentions, spread mis-information and add fuel to the fertilizer.

I think that byrth's banning was a mistake, however, I think that his case is representive of the 1% that are trying to use the OF in a manner they were intended.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-03-15 21:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't ask this of women in general, nor do I tell a woman to "calm down" because I've learned that both are very very bad ideas.

Well yeah, telling a woman to calm down is not solving the problem and is likely to make her more annoyed at you than at whatever is agitating her in the first place!
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-16 01:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »

Well yeah, telling a woman to calm down is not solving the problem and is likely to make her more annoyed at you than at whatever is agitating her in the first place!

[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-03-16 02:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Simply because they are forced to work from 5am to 11pm, Monday to Saturday. The president is so mean to them that he sometimes slaps them around and they just take it. He's even taken a full trash can and dumped it at their feet and shouted Japanese at them and they immediately start picking up every piece while the president continues to verbally assault them in Japanese.

Sometimes I really wish he'd come out of the front office areas and try to do that to an American worker so he can be put in his place but pft, he doesn't set a foot on the production floor at all.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-16 06:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

he doesn't set a foot on the production floor at all.
That's not surprising at all.

Presidents of company's only come out of the woodwork when there's an issue or company moral booster that needs to be done. Or when there's an audit of the manufacturing system....
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-16 08:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Simply because they are forced to work from 5am to 11pm, Monday to Saturday. The president is so mean to them that he sometimes slaps them around and they just take it. He's even taken a full trash can and dumped it at their feet and shouted Japanese at them and they immediately start picking up every piece while the president continues to verbally assault them in Japanese.

Sometimes I really wish he'd come out of the front office areas and try to do that to an American worker so he can be put in his place but pft, he doesn't set a foot on the production floor at all.
That job isn't worth the money. I'd knock the living *** out of him despite the consequences. Can't you sue for verbal abuse in the work place?

Luckily, the company we mainly work for, the founder/president/owner/billionaire will come out in 115 degree weather just to say hi. We've even had to stop him from cleaning up concrete splatters because it's our place and he is like 87. The director of the company, just last Friday, came out of his office, grabbed a come-along and started helping us grade gravel.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-16 18:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That job isn't worth the money. I'd knock the living *** out of him despite the consequences. Can't you sue for verbal abuse in the work place?

Luckily, the company we mainly work for, the founder/president/owner/billionaire will come out in 115 degree weather just to say hi. We've even had to stop him from cleaning up concrete splatters because it's our place and he is like 87. The director of the company, just last Friday, came out of his office, grabbed a come-along and started helping us grade gravel.

Damn sounds you need to buy him a beer!
 Sylph.Malphius
Server: Sylph
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2015-03-16 19:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just another quick though; it seems mods on the OFs will ban just due to bandwagon reporting. I don't think public opinion should be the deciding factor for a ban, WHY a user is being reported should be looked at as well as past actions and decide from there. To do ban on public opinion is lazy.

Everything about the OF is lazy. SE has a culture of lazy.
[+]
By Davorin 2015-03-17 05:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice. The old, "but they did it and got away with it" excuse. I guess it's too much to ask that posters actually take responsibility for what they post.

Does there seem to be some inconsistency in handing out discipline? Sure. However, in the end, it is the responsibility of the poster to know forum rules before posting. Don't like it? Don't post. Pretty simple.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-17 06:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I had over 2000 posts with consistent character over the last 4 years and they chose to ban me twice in the last 4 months. They change the enforcement of the rules recently.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-17 07:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice. The old, "but they did it and got away with it" excuse. I guess it's too much to ask that posters actually take responsibility for what they post.

Does there seem to be some inconsistency in handing out discipline? Sure. However, in the end, it is the responsibility of the poster to know forum rules before posting. Don't like it? Don't post. Pretty simple.

I posted what SE sent me regarding my ban earlier in the thread. Please go back and take a look. Judge for yourself how justified or not it was.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-17 07:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted what SE sent me regarding my ban earlier in the thread. Please go back and take a look. Judge for yourself how justified or not it was.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-17 08:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I had over 2000 posts with consistent character over the last 4 years and they chose to ban me twice in the last 4 months. They change the enforcement of the rules recently.
Did they actually change the enforcement or is that just assumption?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-17 10:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No announced change, but there have been a lot of bans lately. Could be that we just picked up a retard who likes the report post button ( my money would be on Bilness).
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-17 10:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No announced change, but there have been a lot of bans lately. Could be that we just picked up a retard who likes the report post button ( my money would be on Bilness).
I have something to tell you...
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-03-17 14:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant SE people, not people at your job.

I'm sure your job offers bad situation, but it's very rare at SE to be in a bad situation without asking for it. So they're probably not similar outside of the JP mentality dimension.

There are so many stories when it comes to the JP personalities working at SE, I wouldn't feel bad for any of them, they'll never be without money. Yoshida is the only diva I heard of if we're only talking about the guy who throws a tantrum and everyone is spamming apologies to him. He's made many diva calls actually now that I think of it.
As for anyone under them, way bellow on the ladder, they're still well paid and barely have to lift a finger anyway. SE people can't complain.

Oh well, I destroyed him at Street Fighter.

It depends.

When you dropped out of high school and spent many years doing nothing with your life to finally end up working for a big company and receive a more than decent salary, you aren't picky. And you're still winning in the end, you just need the ability to not care too much.

Japanese are different, though. They can take the maximum amount of abuse without twitching, they're just conditioned that way.

They didn't, they simply ban someone when he's reported or if they feel like it.

You could be posting about windower all day every day, if community reps and GMs don't see it, unless you're reported, your thread would still be alive and kicking, and you wouldn't be banned.

I guess you weren't reported enough/to the right people in the past and the new, zealous wave of GMs got you. I remember classifying several of your posts as "not a violation".
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2015-03-18 01:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Got banned today. Some mouth breather proclaimed that Rudra's was clearly over powered because she could do 17k unstacked weapon skills all day on her poorly geared thief and his well geared war was only doing 8-9k.

I told her "Go to bed. You're drunk."... Banned.

A few posts later it turns out that her "poorly geared" thief was in full alluvian skirmish gear and dagger, while her "well geared" war was using upheaval because she "doesn't like" ukko's and she was fighting piercing weak mobs in abbysea.

The only thing that pisses me off is that I got banned for being trolled that hard. Way to piss on the wound SE.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7