The Official Forums: "I Got Banned!"
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-28 12:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Get banned from the OFs for odd reasons? Post about it here instead of making a new thread. Forum rules still apply.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-02-28 13:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I did for saying what I'd like to do to matsui's facial holes
[+]
By Kooljack 2015-02-28 13:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

number of times visited OF: 8-10x

account? pshh yeah rightXD
By Pantafernando 2015-02-28 13:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a good topic to blame the others while pretending that never did anything wrong.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-02-28 14:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Here is a good topic to blame the others while pretending that never did anything wrong.

Don't think boygirl is talking about in-game bans
By Fyyvoaa 2015-02-28 14:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

People actually go there?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-28 14:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said: »

Banned for suggesting 75 era was the best in the game !

Yes this is why I go to the official forums:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/9008-Same-Sex-Marriages-in-FFXI

This should be an option and we should petition for this to be added or updated in the current marriage process.

The amount of players in FFXI that are male and play female characters is astounding The world is changing and a lot of homosexuals play the game as well, this should be an option.

How can we make it happen?
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
Server: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2015-03-09 23:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure I'll throw my hat in. Got banned for calling out some people for being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE BSTs because they're asking for obviously stupid things without any regards for the fact that even if they get a buff, they'll never be invited to anything that matters.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-03-09 23:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Snk said: »
Sure I'll throw my hat in. Got banned for calling out some people for being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE BSTs because they're asking for obviously stupid things without any regards for the fact that even if they get a buff, they'll never be invited to anything that matters.

Yeah! It's just like those dumb thieves and dancers, a couple of months ago.
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
Server: Asura
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-09 23:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I got suspended, (not banned I know) for once telling someone, "Your dad should have jerked off with a handful of thumbtacks instead of spending money on your mom that night."
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
By Sylph.Snk 2015-03-10 00:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

It's not even that. BST has gotten some amazing buffs now thru JPs and even then the complaints are stupid. I love the job a lot but I'm not stupid enough to think that it'll have a serious place in anything end game.

Truth be told I love the new jug pets which are really stupidly good but even with that I'm sure some BSTs will still complain no matter what. :(

The Rudra's buff was something THF/DNC really needed. I'm happy they got it so they're arn't a bottom tier DD anymore. BST I doubt will get anything worth a damn to compete with that unless SE does something stupid like make Onslaught stupid strong then it's going to be Guttlers for everyone.

I'm not even debating the ban. I'm sure I deserved it since I have low tolerence for people who don't want to actually try at something instead of asking SE to hand them everything.

Come to think of it the reason I was banned was mainly due to me calling out some dork named Olor for QQing that having to finish CoP was too much to ask to be able to reforge relic armor.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-03-10 00:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not even that. BST has gotten some amazing buffs now thru JPs and even then the complaints are stupid. I love the job a lot but I'm not stupid enough to think that it'll have a serious place in anything end game.

We've been clearing Delves with 4x BST GEO and COR over the last week. So far only Tojil has been done, but we're making progress on the Shark, then hopefully the tree. The Bee's blink is basically the perfect counter to BST strategy, but that's being worked on.

Is it optimal? Not by any means. But it is fun and doable.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-03-10 00:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

Truth be told I love the new jug pets which are really stupidly good but even with that I'm sure some BSTs will still complain no matter what. :(

The Rudra's buff was something THF/DNC really needed. I'm happy they got it so they're arn't a bottom tier DD anymore. BST I doubt will get anything worth a damn to compete with that unless SE does something stupid like make Onslaught stupid strong then it's going to be Guttlers for everyone.

I'm not even debating the ban. I'm sure I deserved it since I have low tolerence for people who don't want to actually try at something instead of asking SE to hand them everything.

Come to think of it the reason I was banned was mainly due to me calling out some dork named Olor for QQing that having to finish CoP was too much to ask to be able to reforge relic armor.

In the context of high-tier content, 2/4 pet jobs are fundamentally broken, and a third has been relegated to a niche role:

PUP- broken
BST- broken
SMN- niche job for specific mechanics
GEO- A-tier job

It would be like SMN in FFXIV not being viable for Coil, or Warlock/Hunter not being viable for raiding in WoW. Why we accept this in FFXI, I have no idea. It's bad and it's broken and it sucks. I love pet jobs, and playing them over the years has been an exercise in masochism.

THF, DNC, and BLU are all viable solo AND high-tier jobs now. You could literally main one of these jobs, and see the bulk of end-game content, as well as farm, on one job. BST/PUP only have solo/low-man and aren't competitive for proper end-game. S-E needs to make sweeping changes to pet jobs, IMO. Improvements to pet survive-ability and damage are needed to make pet jobs viable, bottom line. Make pets be affected by player buffs, and decrease pet damage from AoEs.

On the other hand, WAR/DRK are even in worse shape than pet jobs, so that should probably come first.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-03-10 00:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

We've been clearing Delves with 4x BST GEO and COR over the last week. So far only Tojil has been done, but we're making progress on the Shark, then hopefully the tree. The Bee's blink is basically the perfect counter to BST strategy, but that's being worked on.

Good to see people still forming strategies for themselves instead of just saying it can't be done because they have optimal buffs or jobs!

I like the direction SE is taking lately and really hope an "update" to 2-handed weapons is far in the future. The applicable jobs already have the strengths needed for many events even if some weren't always optimal in certain time periods.
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
By Sylph.Snk 2015-03-10 01:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

Oh I'm not saying it isn't. I've done a lot of end game stuff on my BST but the thing is that it's a really rare thing. At least on this server. Majority shouts for content is almost always PLD, BRD, MNK, SAM, SCH, WHM and not more often THF. It's just the way it is and even if the setup works, a lot of people are too scared to try something different even if the person playing the job is really good with it.

Truth be told I almost feel it's a waste of time considering how much time I spend gearing my bst to optimal levels only to just go out and do minor things here and there.

I envy you for being able to do content like that as a BST.

Edit: And you're right. WAR and DRK are hurting so bad right now it's not even funny.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-10 01:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Fyyvoaa said: »

Banned for suggesting 75 era was the best in the game !

Yes this is why I go to the official forums:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/9008-Same-Sex-Marriages-in-FFXI

This should be an option and we should petition for this to be added or updated in the current marriage process.

The amount of players in FFXI that are male and play female characters is astounding The world is changing and a lot of homosexuals play the game as well, this should be an option.

How can we make it happen?

You know in FFXIV they allow same sex marriages, and Black Skin Colours (Notice how I skated around that?) which 11 does not.

Oh and oddly, I've not been banned from OF yet................ Time to try harder?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-10 05:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-10 06:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This ban was upgraded to permanent for me:

Intellectual property (knowing how their program works). Best part is that it was the right problem but many of the specific numbers were wrong because I had never actually looked into it myself.

Oh, also and that they banned me on the 28th of February for a post I made in September.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-10 06:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't even need a reason to ban people.

All it would take is people spamming the report feature, and you will start seeing a drop of reasonable people.

Probably why the OF has been shitty lately.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-10 07:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Intellectual property (knowing how their program works). Best part is that it was the right problem but many of the specific numbers were wrong because I had never actually looked into it myself.

Oh, also and that they banned me on the 28th of February for a post I made in September.
If there's a channel to fight that, you could probably win, doubt you'd want to though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-10 07:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

If there's a channel to fight that, you could probably win, doubt you'd want to though.
Legally, he can't.

Well, he can make the argument that he wasn't infringing copyrights of the company by reporting their code on their own website, but they still have the discretion of removing him from the website because he isn't an employee of the company.

In fact, legally SE has the right to sue him for discussing their property outside of their direct control (aka their website), but I highly doubt that they even know about that. They probably know that him and the windower team are pretty much the only reason why people still play this game, and the upper management are smart enough to not shoot the goose that laid the golden egg until the goose stops producing the golden eggs.

Or they just don't care. Take your pick.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-10 07:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd go with not caring. I don't use windower, so that's definitely not the reason I still play.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-10 07:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I'd go with not caring. I don't use windower, so that's definitely not the reason I still play.
I would say a good portion of the community who plays on PCs use windower. And I would also say that a good portion of the community who plays FFXI do so on a PC.

I don't think it's farfetched to assume that more than 50% of the FFXI community plays on Windower. By destroying Windower, they are essentially shooting themselves in both feet and their left arm.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-10 08:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Legally, he can't.

Well, he can make the argument that he wasn't infringing copyrights of the company by reporting their code on their own website, but they still have the discretion of removing him from the website because he isn't an employee of the company.

In fact, legally SE has the right to sue him for discussing their property outside of their direct control (aka their website), but I highly doubt that they even know about that. They probably know that him and the windower team are pretty much the only reason why people still play this game, and the upper management are smart enough to not shoot the goose that laid the golden egg until the goose stops producing the golden eggs.

Or they just don't care. Take your pick.
I meant he could argue that the post in question was in the past and long forgotten.

If the OFs can't find a reason to ban you, they'll make one up.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-10 08:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If life can't find a reason to ban you, it'll make one up.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-10 08:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I would say a good portion of the community who plays on PCs use windower. And I would also say that a good portion of the community who plays FFXI do so on a PC.

I don't think it's farfetched to assume that more than 50% of the FFXI community plays on Windower. By destroying Windower, they are essentially shooting themselves in both feet and their left arm.
Agreed, I just don't fall into that category, lol.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-10 08:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just another quick though; it seems mods on the OFs will ban just due to bandwagon reporting. I don't think public opinion should be the deciding factor for a ban, WHY a user is being reported should be looked at as well as past actions and decide from there. To do ban on public opinion is lazy.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-10 08:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just another quick though; it seems mods on the OFs will ban just due to bandwagon reporting. I don't think public opinion should be the deciding factor for a ban, WHY a user is being reported should be looked at as well as past actions and decide from there. To do ban on public opinion is lazy.
Seems like I would have been banned from the OF on day one >.>
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-10 08:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Seems like I would have been banned from the OF on day one >.>
I was.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-10 08:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Only the popular people are ever banned from being popular.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7