2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The Official Forums: "I Got Banned!"
The Official Forums: "I Got Banned!"
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By kassaiemi 2015-03-18 06:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
Got banned today. Some mouth breather proclaimed that Rudra's was clearly over powered because she could do 17k unstacked weapon skills all day on her poorly geared thief and his well geared war was only doing 8-9k.

I told her "Go to bed. You're drunk."... Banned.

A few posts later it turns out that her "poorly geared" thief was in full alluvian skirmish gear and dagger, while her "well geared" war was using upheaval because she "doesn't like" ukko's and she was fighting piercing weak mobs in abbysea.

The only thing that pisses me off is that I got banned for being trolled that hard. Way to piss on the wound SE.

I verbally sparred with Stompa too, and haven't been banned yet, but I'm not entirely certain if that will hold up. They're a rather logically inconsistent person though, on one hand claiming they're not playing the victim card while on the other whining and taking *big sigh*s that they have to deal with so many nasty-wasty trolls when they were talking about how their Empyrean dagger weapon skill that has to be unlocked with several million gil of items did more damage than their Martial Mastery greataxe skill that takes...20 merit points.

Cleary I need to complain until Apex Arrow is better than Jishnu's Radiance, because that makes sense, right?

Nevermind that barring very specific MM WSes like Requiescat the Martial Mastery WSes are all a pile of hot garbage.

I also found their response to my statements on how DNC's going to be hurt by this change rather insulting, as if "Oh hey look I've completed a whole bunch of dagger magian trials" somehow makes them an actually capable DNC.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-18 06:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Some mouth breather
Welcome to the internet. Please take one of our helpful welcome baskets, and please read the pamplets titled "*** and the internet: a beginner's guide to trolling" and "How to spot opinions when they are presented as fact" and "What NOT to say online."

When you run out of the butthurt cream and tissues, you can come to our concierge services at the front desk for your complimentary pimp slap and kick in the balls to help you on your way.

[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2015-03-18 08:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL yes internet trolling 101:

1) post insane opinion as fact
2) Wait for responses
3) Log into several accounts and hit the report button on said responses
4) Tell everyone that you are crippled for no apparent reason.
5) ????
6) be the last troll still alive on the official forums.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-18 09:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Only one I'm surprised hasn't been banned is Protey since he is overly aggressive to anyone who disagrees with him.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-03-18 11:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

People would have to report his posts to get him banned. While I agree that he's a bit annoying I don't think he's arguing with the people on that forum who hit the report button every time they disagree with a post.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-18 18:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I just have to wonder if anyone who regularly defends SE, yet uses vitriolic language to do so has ever been banned. That goes back to my earlier point where I mentioned people attacking me using harsher language than I would ever use and lobbing personal attacks. If someone like that were reported, I wonder if the mods would act on it the same way they act against SE's critics.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2015-03-18 19:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt it. There seems to be a pattern where in they suspend / ban people who disagree with SE's ideas. I've seen quite a few deleted posts on the JP forums lately too. Usually directly after a dev response, so I assume they are doing the same thing there.
By Davorin 2015-03-19 01:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
I just have to wonder if anyone who regularly defends SE, yet uses vitriolic language to do so has ever been banned. That goes back to my earlier point where I mentioned people attacking me using harsher language than I would ever use and lobbing personal attacks. If someone like that were reported, I wonder if the mods would act on it the same way they act against SE's critics.

It really doesn't seem to matter what the subject matter is. Have you really not been reading this thread? If a poster is reported enough, he/she will get a look at by a mod and might be banned.

I doubt it. There seems to be a pattern where in they suspend / ban people who disagree with SE's ideas. I've seen quite a few deleted posts on the JP forums lately too. Usually directly after a dev response, so I assume they are doing the same thing there.

Really, read the thread you're posting in. It has been shown that people have been banned for criticizing devs and being toxic to the OF community. It is also likely that those criticizing the devs are breaking other forum rules along the way (profanity or personal attacks). It's not like they're banning everyone whom disagrees with them, or we'd see no forums at all.

There should come a point where posters should actually learn from others' mistakes. I mean c'mon, one can't read about someone else being banned for profanity, criticizing devs, blasting the community, and/or personally attacking someone else and getting reported for it and then turn around and complain for getting banned for doing the same thing(s). That's pretty stupid, yet that is happening.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-19 03:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

just got a 10 day ban for this:

"unfortunately this will probably never happen as the Have Nots would whine and complain. And since there are a bunch of those type of people, really not seeing SE catering to the few that do get it."

it was in regards to improving afterglow.

so yea, going with the banned if reported camp. Lesson learned... if you don't like someone, report them. they will take a little vacation. kind of feels like elementary school: "I'm telling teacher!"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-03-19 03:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Compared to OFmods, I feel better as a mod here.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-19 08:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
toxic

You are everything wrong with the world.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-19 09:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It has been shown that people have been banned for criticizing devs and being toxic to the OF community.
It's also been shown that posters have been banned for people hitting the report button on every single one of those poster's post.

How is that being toxic to the OF community or criticizing devs? Remember, you can (and probably will) hit the report button on here, say I'm harassing you, and nothing will get done because the mods here actually have a brain, instead of the mods on the OF.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-19 09:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It has been shown that people have been banned for criticizing devs and being toxic to the OF community.
It's also been shown that posters have been banned for people hitting the report button on every single one of those poster's post.

How is that being toxic to the OF community or criticizing devs? Remember, you can (and probably will) hit the report button on here, say I'm harassing you, and nothing will get done because the mods here actually have a brain, instead of the mods on the OF.

It's almost as if "toxic" is some nebulous word that is used by people who cannot actually pinpoint a valid, negative aspect of someone's behavior, and simply use it as a stand in for "things I don't like".

It's funny that I get banned for expressing an opinion ("This is idiotic"), making a direct quote of another player ("excessive" profanity), and criticizing the devs.

If people are not allowed to express the opinion that the devs are doing things wrong (and after what the devs have stated about their play tests show Fudo's not that strong, it's obvious that either the devs don't play their own game, or don't know how to play their own game -- I'm not sure which bothers me more), then there's no point to the official forums other than a cesspit of self-masturbatory fawning over everything the devs do.

There are places in the world where you get taken out back and shot in the head for expressing disagreement or disapproval of official leadership decisions. The FFXI Forums should not be one of them.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-19 10:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, banning people because they disagree with the devs on something (because the devs literally play their game worse than the players themselves), is really close to banning people for being good at your game, or better at it than you.

And that's the sort of stuff I expect from a clusterfuck like Digital Extremes, not Squeenix.
[+]
By Davorin 2015-03-19 17:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

We're talking about two different things.

People do get banned because of being falsely reported, and that is really too bad. It shouldn't happen that way.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-20 07:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

People do get banned because of being falsely reported, and that is really too bad. It shouldn't happen that way.
But it does. And it happens far more often than your excuses like "criticizing the devs and being toxic to the OF community"

I'm still wondering how this post was considered ban worthy:

Quote:
If you guys are really all gung-ho about this "Avatars shouldn't melee during certain NMs" then why not do this?

Put VV/RR/AoA atmas on, and do old-school Avatar BP/Release methods.

Or put Beyond(or any other + elemental damage atma)/Ultimate/Hell's Guardian Atma on and BP/Release for magical damage.

(Granted, this post was back in 2011, but still)
By Davorin 2015-03-21 02:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

But it does. And it happens far more often than your excuses like "criticizing the devs and being toxic to the OF community"

Pretty dumb thing to say without a source. How would you know how much more often posters are banned for X than posters banned for Y?

Anyway, I have already agreed that the discipline on the official forums is inconsistent. That should not be an excuse for others to break OF rules though, even if we don't agree with the rules.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-03-21 02:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I should take SE's radical staffing method and start banning people who talk bad about my mod skills.
By Nyruul 2015-03-21 02:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Your mod skills suck bro.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-03-21 03:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Then I'm doing something right.
By Nyruul 2015-03-21 03:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a bro wearing this once.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-21 05:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty dumb thing to say without a source. How would you know how much more often posters are banned for X than posters banned for Y?

Anyway, I have already agreed that the discipline on the official forums is inconsistent. That should not be an excuse for others to break OF rules though, even if we don't agree with the rules.
I have used my personal experience (as you could see in my example above) and other's experiences (as it has already been reported, here in this very topic in fact) as evidence of misuses of the report feature. There are only 2 or 3 people who say that they shouldn't have gotten banned but after they posted what they said, then it's pretty obvious that they should have.

Why are you being obtuse to the abuse?
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-21 11:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

There are only 2 or 3 people who say that they shouldn't have gotten banned but after they posted what they said, then it's pretty obvious that they should have.

so you think me saying that SE isn't going to improve afterglow because there are so many people that don't have one and they will complain is an "obvious" banning offense?
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-21 11:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
There are only 2 or 3 people who say that they shouldn't have gotten banned but after they posted what they said, then it's pretty obvious that they should have.

so you think me saying that SE isn't going to improve afterglow because there are so many people that don't have one and they will complain is an "obvious" banning offense?
I would say you got banned for insulting other players.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-21 11:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taidis said: »

I would say you got banned for insulting other players.

saying people will complain is insulting them? ok
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-21 11:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

went and checked the email. the reason given was because the post created a negative impact. not because of insulting, but because of negative impact. so don't anyone dare speak of anything in the game in a negative way. it's a bannable offense.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-21 11:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

went and checked the email. the reason given was because the post created a negative impact. not because of insulting, but because of negative impact. so don't anyone dare speak of anything in the game in a negative way. it's a bannable offense.
The have nots will whine and complain, that in itself suggests anyone who disagrees is a worthless player. To be honest I'm not surprised you can't see this.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-21 11:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

it doesn't suggest someone is a worthless player. you infer things that no reasonable person would. it suggests that people would be jealous.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-21 11:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

it doesn't suggest someone is a worthless player. you infer things that no reasonable person would. it suggests that people would be jealous.
Thus the spam report button.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-21 11:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thus the spam report button.

yea really. heaven forbid someone state what might actually happen (people would be jealous and complain). let's all live in la-la land where everyone holds hands, sings kumbaya, and everyone has what everyone else has, nothing more. there is no jealousy, there is no Have Nots. communistic drivel.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7