JP ONRY EVERYONE ELSE GTFO
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-03 19:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What is that all about?

This thread is inspired by what i wrote in another, one about odqan and its got me wondering.

What do you guys think about Japanese people with "japanese only" written in bazaar who ignore you when u talk to them or /emote or anything you do. Is it just because they scared or something, or are just one big penis??

it really ticks me off
[+]
 Valefor.Integral
Server: Valefor
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-08-03 19:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

wat
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-08-03 19:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i never had a single prob with japanese players hell i pt with them alot
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-03 19:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cardinalgate said:
i never had a single prob with japanese players hell i pt with them alot

yeh but you can speak it right card? :p

Also im not saying they all are, ive come across some really nice jp people that have tried to have convs with me about not functional stuff
[+]
 Garuda.Celille
Server: Garuda
user: Celille
By Garuda.Celille 2009-08-03 19:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Some JP players like to fail on their own account without the help of NA players, thats all there is to it.
[+]
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-08-03 20:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I have only had one issue with a JP player in like 5 years of play. It was in campaign. Strangest thing though, the next day, he was following me around and keeping me alive while /bowing and /cheering me on :\. I think my LS leader that was with me at the time gave him a "stern talkin to". Or maybe someone just pulled the tampon out of his ***. Like the tootsie pop, "The world may never know."
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-08-03 20:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This was already as a discussion long ago here is the thread:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=1248
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-08-03 21:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen both. A couple of the coolest people I've met in game were JP, one was a nublet named Lakes back when new people still came. He attempted to trade me while I assume trying to check my bazaar. He was level 1, no sub, nothing. I gave him 1k and /smiled at him, he was angelic to me ever since until he stopped playing.

Another JP, after I pointed the treasure chest out to her while camping the moldy earring, invited me to her party when she got the claim on the NM and told me to lot the earring if it dropped.

But yes, it's very frustrating to /sea and see a ton of people with 'JP onry' in their comment, or get a /tell 'Japanese, do you have it?' and when you say no you never hear from them again.

I think the JP problems are the same as with any other race. There will be some total douchebags and some darling sweethearts in every nationality.
[+]
 Asura.Elvaton
Server: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-08-03 21:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i had a problem with this jp guy i was farming once and this jp guy was being a real douche about it taking mobs and cfh on them so i wouldnt get any idk why i was just farming
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-03 21:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Elvaton said:
i had a problem with this jp guy i was farming once and this jp guy was being a real douche about it taking mobs and cfh on them so i wouldnt get any idk why i was just farming

Your story sucks...
he was CHINESE.
and yeah he was being a douche but...yeah
[+]
 Unicorn.Frisk
Server: Unicorn
user: Frisk
By Unicorn.Frisk 2009-08-03 21:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Liela said:
There will be some total douchebags and some darling sweethearts in every nationality.
[+]
 Asura.Elvaton
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-08-03 21:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Elvaton said:

Your story sucks...
he was CHINESE.
and yeah he was being a douche but...yeah

whatever the point is he was a douche for no reason
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Aerokii
user: aerokii
By Gilgamesh.Aerokii 2009-08-03 21:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Liela said:
I think the JP problems are the same as with any other race. There will be some total douchebags and some darling sweethearts in every nationality.

Quoted for the boolean value which in this case is most certainly true.

I haven't had any problems with Japanese (that I know of, sometimes they get to typing in their own language and I can't tell if they're making fun of me or not). The ones I HAVE had a problem with are the French. Gilgamesh has plenty of them, and some of my best friends and LS mates are french but the other half of them are a jerk to me most of the time in campaign.
[+]
 Diabolos.Denton
Server: Diabolos
user: denton
By Diabolos.Denton 2009-08-03 22:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i just find it funny how they know how to say "japanese party only" in english....
[+]
 Bahamut.Atrithk
Server: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-08-03 22:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, I was playing with some pig disgusting american players, can you believe they still use hagun?
His Tachi: Gekko only hit for 1100 damage!
Gimp!
pig disgusting american, you want easy mode? You want cheeseburger?
American is pig :/
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-03 22:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The honest problem is Ethnocentrism and etiquette. What many American's view as normal, are viewed as disrespectful to Japanese culture.

In my personal experience the best way to ensure this doesn't happen is to learn a little etiquette and some of their simple language words.

I'm sure you have noticed them being able to say hello or hi, or even simple phrases or terms. Auto translate does in fact turn them off except when using zone names. It never translates correctly when stringed together like most of us do.

http://shigemo.com/FFXI/nihongo_guide.html

That is the site i reference and use once in awhile. If i need a PLD for an example.. and the only one seeking is japanese, i would probably send a /tell as follows:

Clinpachi>> Hajimemashite, {Party}? {Bhaflau Thickets} English PT Gomenasai ; ;

Typically my responses are positive and i get the player i need... then if i happen to need a red mage i can put:

Clinpachi>> Hajimemashite, {Party}? {Bhaflau Thickets} English/Nihongo PT gomenasai ; ;

Typically this case works VERY well and I'm almost never denied as long as i have one other JP person in the party.

As long as you typically make an attempt to be globally pleasant and respect other peoples culture you should make out just fine in the end.

Typically Japanese members have larger linkshells and are less strung out like we are, so chances are if your polite and do your job, word may spread that you are an acceptable EN player.

And that's really all there is to it.

Hope that helps :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Arsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Arsi
By Fenrir.Arsi 2009-08-03 22:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

my 5 cents here
if you read {Japanese} in jp client, it reads {日本語}, which is Japanese Language.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-03 23:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the most racist *** I've dealt with in this game have been Japanese. But, 90% of the biggest *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE douchbags I've dealt with in this game have been American, so I can totally understand the Japanese racism.

I hate the majority of Americans more for giving all English speaking players a bad rep than I hate Japanese players for refusing to interact with English players.

Of course I know a lot of awesome people from both America and Japan as well, so I judge each person on their own merits, not because they're American or because they're JP.
[+]
 Valefor.Neokenesis
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2009-08-03 23:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have sometime run into this problem but not all JPs are like that. There is always an *** in any country.

Clinpachi said:
Typically this case works VERY well and I'm almost never denied as long as i have one other JP person in the party.

I think Jp worry about this alot. Its nice to be able to chat in general and about strat. in /p chat but if u are the only jp in the pty and everyone else is talking away you would feel alittle left out. Then if you wiped you would also blame urself because you didnt understand pty chat
so if u can make a party with a jp/na mix then try get atleast 2 jp.

Clinpachi said:
Typically Japanese members have larger linkshells and are less strung out like we are, so chances are if your polite and do your job, word may spread that you are an acceptable EN player.

Also Jps hate people checking gear. Its abit disrespectful because as long as the person does the job it doesnt matter how good/bad there gear is, therefore there is no need to check. if you want to check a jps gear ask them its just polite

/t **** {/equip} mite ii desuka?

generally you'll get a good response. then just /bow after very easy and improves your relations with "the other side"
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-03 23:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah those things are important to note as well, i just kept mine short and simple for the "tl;dr" *** on this site lol XD
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-03 23:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't understand the whole /check thing. I mean, if you really don't like it, just filter it out so you can't see people checking you *shrug*

However, I usually only check people with bazaars, surely they don't get offended with that <_<

However, my friend /checked someone a while back who apparently took serious offense to being /checked, and responded by spam /checking my friend. So ever since then we run around typing /c florey if we see that he's around :D He has actually followed us to other zones to /check us back, which is just hilarious, and told us all that he was calling a GM on us... yeah... we never heard from that GM... We also all sent /flist invites to him :D
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-03 23:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had very few instances of bad impact from a JP player. One was in a party he was on thief with full af...only using trick attack...when we asked him to stack SATA with a ws onto the ninja to help keep hate (a JP/EN speaking player asked him) He replied in auto translate {Sneak Attack}{Trick Attack}{No thanks} {Ninja} {Provoke} {Yes Please} which..he was...needless to say that pty didnt last long. The second third fourth and all other was when camping various NMs..tells like {Mine}{Monster} just got annoying...then constant emotes when I out claim them...i actually had a player who was JP but spoke broken english send me a tell saying "Bot monster claim! {Amateur}" >.> Granted...a ton of NA players do this as well...but still...all I can do is think...well...JP did come first..
 Titan.Bunbury
Server: Titan
user: bunbury
By Titan.Bunbury 2009-08-03 23:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

First post in these forums. yay!?

I can bring a bit of light to this dilemma. I have live in Japan for about 2 years and a half now. What I have learned from their culture is that they usually tend to avoid anything Gaijin (Foreigner).
For example I have found myself lost sometimes, so I tend to ask the next person that I see for information. Sometimes I just get ignored has if I was not there at all, keep in mind that I ask them in Japanese not English. Some of my friends say that being ignored is not a racist thing but they are just afraid of me and not being able to help me. That might be the case for some Japanese who play the game, they probably think is too much trouble not able to communicate perfectly. For the others is this; they are hard core Otaku. Otakus in Japan are considered out cast and elitist on what they do, always trying to be the best. They tend to think they are the best at what they do so is not a surprise that a bad experience with a Douche English speaker probably turned them sour, and show that is not worth their time dealing with Gaijins. Also Japanese tend to listen to other peoples advice, so if one player tells his friends that this English player sucked they would take this as their own experience. There are a lot of factors that makes them act this way. In titan is really bad right now, I speak a bit of Japanese enough to get by in a party or make a small talk. But sometimes this is not enough to change their mind. They are hard headed (I know I’m dating one -_-). Wall of text sorry but hope this helps.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-03 23:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Neokenesis and Bunbury are deffinatly people to listen to on this, the advice i posted is just my personal experience and success but they have the inside information and background.

Very helpful stuff.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-08-04 00:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerokii said:
Liela said:

Quoted for the boolean value which in this case is most certainly true.

I haven't had any problems with Japanese (that I know of, sometimes they get to typing in their own language and I can't tell if they're making fun of me or not). The ones I HAVE had a problem with are the French. Gilgamesh has plenty of them, and some of my best friends and LS mates are french but the other half of them are a jerk to me most of the time in campaign.

too many fr on gilgamesh ;;
I think the whole jp onry started back when th game was released outside of japan. We all must have been noobs compared to them with their headstart on us. Nowadays, idk why. Stuck in their ways perhaps.
I remember when the game came out in french, there was all of a sudden a tonne of new FR players on gilgamesh, all being new and whatnot. I seen alot of "FR no thanks" then too. It's just hard to tell new players who dont speak your language what to do, although alot more french speak english, than english speak japanese. Maybe thats why jponry has stuck and fronly hasnt.
 Carbuncle.Akada
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akada
By Carbuncle.Akada 2009-08-04 00:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make a friend that speaks Japanese and have them translate.. That's wot I did >.>b
 Titan.Bunbury
By Titan.Bunbury 2009-08-04 00:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No problem anytime. I also forgot to mention my good experiences in real life, same day I was lost I asked again for help, different person. This time the individual took me himself, way out of his original route, and took me to the station I was looking for. This also happens in the game. Good and bad people just like in real life. I won’t lie; I get frustrated sometimes too, but is just the person, and not the race. One thing about the Japanese is that if you try to reach out, they will try to their best to talk to you. In other words if you are not open minded leave them alone and they will leave you too.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-08-04 00:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I wish it was easier for us to do more advanced content together.

NA players aren't big on pickup salvage runs. ><!
 Titan.Bunbury
By Titan.Bunbury 2009-08-04 00:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, I've seen some shouts for pick up Dynamis runs, Salvage and Limbus. They usually work together by letting somebody lead Vs. everyone trying to put their 2 cents.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7