Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-09 02:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
Rowland said:
Anye said:
Everyone's a little bit racist; it's true.

Everyone's just about as racist as you

If we all could just admit
That we are racist a little bit,
And everyone stopped being so PC
Maybe we could live in harmony!

A sweet innocent child is never racist.
[+]
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-09 03:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Anye said:
Rowland said:
Anye said:
Everyone's a little bit racist; it's true.

Everyone's just about as racist as you

If we all could just admit
That we are racist a little bit,
And everyone stopped being so PC
Maybe we could live in harmony!

A sweet innocent child is never racist.

"Mommy, why is that man black?"

Because your racist!
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
Server: Midgardsormr
user: niktod
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-08-09 12:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

yesterday i was pting trying to get NIN to 75 and some buffer, at around 10k tnl the BRD had to go and told me to get a rep.

/sea all 74-75 brd inv

2 BRDs seeking, first one's comment was (english) (no thanks) second's comment was "JP ONRY". so yeah pretty much owned by some sad *** that are butt hurt over cultural differences. sad world indeed.

And btw about all that zomg poor JPs got hit by a nuke, those ppl were pro hitler, they are far from being sweet *** innocent chicks. I despise the nuking but i also dont like how you making em sound all sweet and innocent.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-09 12:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I'm totally gonna start putting {Iraq} {No Thanks} because of an attack on my country. That'll show em!
 Bahamut.Megbite
user: Megbite
By Bahamut.Megbite 2009-08-09 22:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
Yea I'm totally gonna start putting {Iraq} {No Thanks} because of an attack on my country. That'll show em!

Am I the only one that's going to call this guy out on this?
Iraq never invaded America. Unless you are from Kuwait, your argument is invalid.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-09 22:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Megbite said:
Etrayis said:

Am I the only one that's going to call this guy out on this?
Iraq never invaded America. Unless you are from Kuwait, your argument is invalid.

Its alright...if you didnt I would of.
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-08-09 22:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Serbzook said:
yesterday i was pting trying to get NIN to 75 and some buffer, at around 10k tnl the BRD had to go and told me to get a rep.

/sea all 74-75 brd inv

2 BRDs seeking, first one's comment was (english) (no thanks) second's comment was "JP ONRY". so yeah pretty much owned by some sad *** that are butt hurt over cultural differences. sad world indeed.

And btw about all that zomg poor JPs got hit by a nuke, those ppl were pro hitler, they are far from being sweet *** innocent chicks. I despise the nuking but i also dont like how you making em sound all sweet and innocent.

I don't want to turn this into a World War II thread, or defend any actions during said war, but you do remember we forced Japanese-Americans into internment camps during the war, right?
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-08-09 23:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Serbzook said:

I didn't mean to make them sounds all "sweet and innocent," I was just commenting in turn to the fact that the Japanese resentment towards people of the United States still remains to this day. And, on a personal note, I really do sympathize for any country that has suffered enormous losses to their population. I'm Chinese; I shouldn't even be "defending" the Japanese at all by my own heritage. *** wokou. D; jk!! <3
 Carbuncle.Deadlymidget
Server: Carbuncle
user:
By Carbuncle.Deadlymidget 2009-08-09 23:14:43
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

日本語が話せますか?
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-08-09 23:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

And does anyone besides myself and Rowland (<3!) actually RECOGNIZE the Avenue Q lyrics? Or do I have to post the WoW rendition of it to get through to you uninformed people D;
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-08-09 23:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Deadlymidget said:
日本語が話せますか?

日本語をちょっと知ってます。でもあたしの日本語輪よくないです~。
 Carbuncle.Deadlymidget
user:
By Carbuncle.Deadlymidget 2009-08-09 23:27:20

Anye said:
Deadlymidget said:
日本語が話せますか?

甘いする english 牙日本人嫌いで表示されます JP ONRY パーティが探しています。
 Carbuncle.Kyri
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-09 23:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

*wants to learn squiggles ; ;*
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-09 23:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Drteeth said:

I don't want to turn this into a World War II thread, or defend any actions during said war, but you do remember we forced Japanese-Americans into internment camps during the war, right?

Both sides did things that would be seen today as war crimes. (Genocide? Deathmarch? Bombing raids that killed thousands and left million homeless?) blah blah.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-08-09 23:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Deadlymidget said:
Anye said:
Deadlymidget said:
日本語が話せますか?

Bah ; ; my Japanese isn't that good XD I don't understand some of the Kanji, there. :(
 Carbuncle.Deadlymidget
user:
By Carbuncle.Deadlymidget 2009-08-09 23:48:17

そう簡単にはちょうど使用、トランスレータ w
 Gilgamesh.Vampkid
Server: Gilgamesh
user: vampkid
By Gilgamesh.Vampkid 2009-08-09 23:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, no problem with jp players so far... But some French players are so mean! I was trying to learn a spell the other day and a french party told me to move to another area or else theyll call a GM . ... When I said I'd call the GM myself they back down ..
 Carbuncle.Deadlymidget
user:
By Carbuncle.Deadlymidget 2009-08-09 23:50:54

Bonnes gens français sont jerks
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-08-09 23:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Drteeth said:

Both sides did things that would be seen today as war crimes. (Genocide? Deathmarch? Bombing raids that killed thousands and left million homeless?) blah blah.

It's pretty hard to tell what is jus in bello and what is jus ad bellum in war.

Personally though, I don't think anyone can truly be a pacifist without the slightest bit of ignorance--While it's a virtuous ideal that we have peace among the nations, unfortunately, that's just not how the human race works. :(
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-08-10 00:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
And does anyone besides myself and Rowland (<3!) actually RECOGNIZE the Avenue Q lyrics? Or do I have to post the WoW rendition of it to get through to you uninformed people D;

I went to see Avenue Q! It was cute but it also made me cry <.<;;

Edit: Giant nightmare Kate Monster was the creepiest thing ever.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-08-10 00:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian said:
Anye said:

I went to see Avenue Q! It was cute but it also made me cry <.<;;

Edit: Giant nightmare Kate Monster was the creepiest thing ever.

LOL <333
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-10 00:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Deadlymidget said:
Anye said:
Deadlymidget said:
日本語が話せますか?

Thats evil, you know.

Those who understand this would get a kick out of it (I know I did) and those who don't will think you are cussing us English out >.>
 Carbuncle.Deadlymidget
user:
By Carbuncle.Deadlymidget 2009-08-10 00:29:42

Korpg said:
Deadlymidget said:
Anye said:
Deadlymidget said:
日本語が話せますか?

Thats evil, you know.

Those who understand this would get a kick out of it (I know I did) and those who don't will think you are cussing us English out >.>

リッスンしません係りの彼は Korpg に私と呼んでいるやつら名では、私は英語に英語の人々 を好みでない i を参照くださいが i 入らない誰でもそう牙
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-10 00:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Deadlymidget said:
Korpg said:
Deadlymidget said:
Anye said:
Deadlymidget said:
日本語が話せますか?

Thats evil, you know.

リッスンしません係りの彼は Korpg に私と呼んでいるやつら名では、私は語に英語の人々 をみでない i を参照くださいが i 入らない誰でもそう牙

I get most of this, somewhat.

Just not the bolded parts, please translate >.>
 Carbuncle.Deadlymidget
user:
By Carbuncle.Deadlymidget 2009-08-10 00:33:12

Do not listen to Korpg he's lying I am calling you guys names see i do not like english people although I am english but i do not like anyone so ya
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-10 00:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoa there buckaroo.

I didn't say what those meant, because, for all I know, I could be wrong.

I just need help with those bolded Kanji. I never seen some of them before. So I don't quite get the joke of that second post.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-10 02:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The only joke is that it's all auto translated and doesn't make a lick of sense.
 Ramuh.Botsan
Server: Ramuh
user: Botsan
By Ramuh.Botsan 2009-08-11 04:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Meant to post this a while back, but got side tracked.

IF folks could atleast make an attempt to bridge the linguistic gap using this guide, there'd be a lot less QQ.

It's served me well since I found it. Enjoy! :D

Linguistic gap..mmm...sounds like a kind of pasta.

Some of the romanized Japanese on that site is inaccurate and would be difficult to read for the majority of Japanese people. Japanese people do not use romanised characters to represent or read their own language. That is handled by the use of 'katakana' and 'hiragana'. Also the Japanese on that site mixes levels of formality ranging from casual to semi-formal.

It's much better to be yourself than something else. But, if you really, really want to do it Japanese style then I'd go get some proper lessons.
 Ramuh.Botsan
By Ramuh.Botsan 2009-08-11 05:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Deadlymidget said:
Korpg said:
Deadlymidget said:
Anye said:
Deadlymidget said:
日本語が話せますか?

Thats evil, you know.

リッスンしません係りの彼は Korpg に私と呼んでいるやつら名では、私は英語に英語の人々 を好みでない i を参照くださいが i 入らない誰でもそう牙

上の書いた日本語はちっと分かりづらいな。まず、自分のことって私つくわなくてもよいですよ。このスレッドで自分の日本語の能力を自慢したいっていう感じますね。それは、ざんねんだけど、日本人らしくないです。まったく日本語できない人より日本人としてさ、「キモイ」と言うってるよ。

There is only one rule to communication. That is a desire to "do it". It don't matter how good or bad your Japanese is...or whether you really feel the need to go out and learn it or not. You can communicate if you want to.

As the OP wrote, he was trying something out and didn't get a response. Doesn't connect with the JP Onry but there are a dozen reasons why Japanese people would write this, including simple ones like...the assimilation of English words into Japanese then backwardly rendered into Romanized English.

Now if that is difficult to understand, just think "star trek".

JP ONRY is meant by some, not all, as Japanese people only. But for most others it means simply, people who can write in Japanese only as they don't want to bother with the auto-translator, want to chill out and have fun together as a group. Others it also means that those JP players are on at a certain time and want people to be around for the time they are on.

No replacements for people who suddenly have to leave and so on. Whatever the case, it is just another example of bad English rather than racist intentions for the majority of players.

以上。
 Ramuh.Botsan
By Ramuh.Botsan 2009-08-11 05:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Minusseven said:
Botsan said:
Minusseven said:
What is that all about?

This thread is inspired by what i wrote in another, one about odqan and its got me wondering.

What do you guys think about Japanese people with "japanese only" written in bazaar who ignore you when u talk to them or /emote or anything you do. Is it just because they scared or something, or are just one big penis??

it really ticks me off

They ignore you...I can understand that.

Well the fact that he was farming gigas socks, and i had some in my invent and tried to give them to him, seeing as i was there for an nm makes me a real ***? sure, im being one now but thats only cus i was/am pissed off, im not racist im nice to everyone the first time i speak to them no matter where they are from.

Jaerik said:

Perhaps because it's no fun to group or associate with people that start with assumptions of hostility, and like to slip in snarky anatomical comparisons in the same sentence to ensure such hostility will be reciprocated in kind?

If only he could see what i was trying to say then, seeing as i was being polite and generous...

Don't sweat it. They didn't get the point of your kindness perhaps and probably would have felt obligated to return the favor at some point to you. Next time just use auto-translate for <item> <don't want?> and then start tossing them out of your inventory next to the player, lol.

Ignore the Kultural Klubbers that would put it all down to that mysterious thing called Kulture. People are people. They come in all shapes and flava's.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7