First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-08-05 19:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, if you read a lot of the posts in this thread, it's like walking up to a wild badger, kicking it in the face, and then whining about badgers' prejudice towards humans when it inevitably flips out and bites your toes off.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-05 19:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt bother reading it... just saying not everyone kicks said badger in the face
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-08-05 19:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The badger headbutted my foot.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-05 19:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
not everyone kicks said badger in the face

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
Server: Midgardsormr
user: niktod
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-08-05 20:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jaerik said:
Seriously, if you read a lot of the posts in this thread, it's like walking up to a wild badger, kicking it in the face, and then whining about badgers' prejudice towards humans when it inevitably flips out and bites your toes off.

when did the human kick the badger in the face, and whats the badgers prejudice towards humans? your thing doesnt make sense.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-05 20:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread is all:
User submitted image
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-08-05 20:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I be the cat?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-05 21:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks stone if you ask me. >.>;
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-05 21:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Thread is all:
User submitted image

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2009-08-05 21:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a lot of JP friends, yeah there are a lot that say JP only. Which kinda pissed me off at times, like when they're shouting for help and Majority of it is translated for all to read then throw "JP ONLY" in your face. It's kinda annoying, cause if you wanted JP only then don't auto translate, unless you type like a 2 year old and pound on the keyboard I'm sure most Japanese can understand your Japanese.

My friend let many JP's join shout runs he was doing for like Nyzul and things of that nature, but once they started shouting for help, he asked if he can help them since they helped him and they threw the whole JP only thing at him. Which isn't too fair really, but ***happens.

You get people like that in the NA region as well. Maybe they're not NA ONRY but they might as well be. Or some are just so rude and disrespectful it's a wonder how they progressed anywhere in life.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-08-05 21:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:

Na, thats a real cat. The fur by its neck is sticking out a bit.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-05 21:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
Haseyo said:

That's what the owner wants you to think.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-08-05 21:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Jiko said:
Haseyo said:

That's what the owner wants you to think.

Touche. At least the moon looks pretty in it.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-08-06 00:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinkashito said:
^ I tried looking for it for purchase and couldn't find it. :S Plus I don't understand enough Japanese to fully navigate around the game.

Shouldn't have to purchase a Japanese version to type in Japanese though. Japanese can type in English.

Actually, the answer to this one is far easier.

SquareEnix has to pay a hefty licensing fee (to the American developer of the IME interface) for every copy of the game they sell with Japanese input enabled. It made no sense for them to continue paying this fee for NA and EU opies of the game, where only 0.001% of customers would ever use it.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-08-06 08:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Jaerik said:
where only 0.001% of customers would ever use it.

Odd, that's about the same number of Japanese who care about American's being able to type in the katas and kanji...
[+]
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
Server: Titan
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2009-08-06 21:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
A lot of them don't like NA because we blew them up. Its not a mystery.

Looscannon said:
i kno exaxly what is... there holdin grudge from when we bomed them

ignorance.

For the record "we" didnt "Bom" anyone in Japan.

Our ignorant grandparents did. and thats only if they were in the armed forces. It seems ignorance too is also hereditary.

I see no 80 year old people playing FFXI.

I see no 80 year old people posting on forums... ever.

"We" is not an issue here, and neither of you had anything at all to do with it. You speak as though its a proud moment of American culture.

If you think it is, "we" should choke you slowly with a confederate flag... then burn you in it.

back on topic, SE made an auto-translator. just how hard is it to use it? I try to auto-translate everything i do just to try to break communication barriers, yet i still see "jp onry". I understand racism well, but this is a damned game. you cant even see who you're dealing with here. let it go.

If a game is built solely upon social interaction, why not at least try? live a little.

Then again ppl see "EN" next to my name and assume i'm a typical American jackass. If they truly believe that I will do my best not to disappoint them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Revision
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-08-06 21:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Guenhwyvar said:
Revision said:

Looscannon said:

ignorance.

Our ignorant grandparents did. and thats only if they were in the armed forces. It seems ignorance too is also hereditary.

"We" is not an issue here, and neither of you had anything at all to do with it. You speak as though its a proud moment of American culture.

If you think it is, "we" should choke you slowly with a confederate flag... then burn you in it.

back on topic, SE made an auto-translator. just how hard is it to use it? I try to auto-translate everything i do just to try to break communication barriers, yet i still see "jp onry". I understand racism well, but this is a damned game. you cant even see who you're dealing with here. let it go.

If a game is built solely upon social interaction, why not at least try? live a little.

Then again ppl see "EN" next to my name and assume i'm a typical American jackass. If they truly believe that I will do my best not to disappoint them.

Regardless of whose grandparents did or did not, a lot of Jp still hold a grudge. Its not a debate or opinion. Its a fact. I really only read the first few lines of your post as the I could tell you were already beneath me. People need to learn how to have a debate without being idiots.
 Phoenix.Emiisuzu
Server: Phoenix
user: Emiisuzu
By Phoenix.Emiisuzu 2009-08-06 22:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly after living in japan for the last 4 years its because even out side the game their mentality is "JP ONRY" if you go out side a lot of the tourist areas you will learn that the majority have a really racist point of view.

The funniest part is that it has nothing to do with the bombings. Most of it is rooted in a superiority complex like way of thinking. And those that aren't that way are just uncomfortable with the communication thing. Usually from what I have seen its the males that tend to be the ones that lean toward "JP ONRY".
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-06 22:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You know...

I'm not a history buff...

And it's not my favorite category...

But didn't they bomb pearl harbor first? Then we dropped the bomb on their ***?

...I highly doubt they hold a grudge over that.

Sadly the problem is just globalization and etiquette as well as the lack of effort to understand/appreciate their culture and way of doing things.

Americans just don't care, and let's be honest why should we? Only those who take genuine interest in other cultures and are mature enough to handle it mentally are those who can succeed in co-existing or even making good friends with others... and that's maybe a fractional percent of all Americans.

What scragg said makes perfect sense.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-06 22:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Emiisuzu said:
Honestly after living in japan for the last 4 years its because even out side the game their mentality is "JP ONRY" if you go out side a lot of the tourist areas you will learn that the majority have a really racist point of view.

The funniest part is that it has nothing to do with the bombings. Most of it is rooted in a superiority complex like way of thinking. And those that aren't that way are just uncomfortable with the communication thing. Usually from what I have seen its the males that tend to be the ones that lean toward "JP ONRY".

Yeah that's what i mentioned before. Look up the word Ethnocentrism.
 Bahamut.Revision
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-08-06 22:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
You know...

I'm not a history buff...

And it's not my favorite category...

But didn't they bomb pearl harbor first? Then we dropped the bomb on their ***?

...I highly doubt they hold a grudge over that.

Sadly the problem is just globalization and etiquette as well as the lack of effort to understand/appreciate their culture and way of doing things.

Americans just don't care, and let's be honest why should we? Only those who take genuine interest in other cultures and are mature enough to handle it mentally are those who can succeed in co-existing or even making good friends with others... and that's maybe a fractional percent of all Americans.

What scragg said makes perfect sense.

Nuking and an air raid result in two very different body counts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all JP, or even a majority fell this way. Its still there though.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-06 22:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
Nuking and an air raid result in two very different body counts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all JP, or even a majority fell this way. Its still there though.

True but when we mention staying out of the war and not wanting to get involved despite the pleas of other nations then japan rapes our naval base. It wasn't really a *** for tat is was more a forced involvement on our part.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-08-06 23:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, there are some Chinese out there who still resent the Japanese for the Rape of Nanking. I would not be surprised at all if there were Japanese that still resented the US for sending an atomic bomb that still affects a large amount of their surviving population, even those who were in the surrounding areas due to black rain (uranium-polluted rainwater) and other things; I just watched a bit of a documentary that studied the organs of the people who died after the bombing, and they're still emitting radiation from the bits and pieces of plutonium which is the core of the a-bomb.

Honestly, it was NOT a very humanitarian move, and while they can't really blame the current generation for it, I really don't blame those who still do.

edit: in response to Clin, it doesn't seem very "*** for tat" at all--Pearl Harbor was tragic to be sure, but it didn't affect the Hawaiians to the same degree as the atomic bomb did the Japanese in Hiroshima.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-06 23:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
Actually, there are some Chinese out there who still resent the Japanese for the Rape of Nanking. I would not be surprised at all if there were Japanese that still resented the US for sending an atomic bomb that still affects a large amount of their surviving population, even in the surrounding areas due to black rain (uranium-polluted rainwater) and other things; I just watched a bit of a documentary that studied the organs of the people who died after the bombing, and they're still emitting radiation from the bits and pieces of plutonium which is the core of the a-bomb.

Honestly, it was NOT a very humanitarian move, and while they can't really blame the current generation for it, I really don't blame those who still do.

Well by no means humanitarian. The development of nuclear weapons is something we should have all just left alone honestly.

I truly hope that this world never see's World War III.
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
Server: Titan
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2009-08-06 23:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
Guenhwyvar said:
Revision said:

Looscannon said:

ignorance.

Regardless of whose grandparents did or did not, a lot of Jp still hold a grudge. Its not a debate or opinion. Its a fact. I really only read the first few lines of your post as the I could tell you were already beneath me. People need to learn how to have a debate without being idiots.

Debate skills in question? i find it utterly tasteless in the first place to bring this up. or is it too beneith you to consider JP players may actually read things here too?

its the arrogance to think youre actually above someone to start out with is the reason why they may ignore a whole culture. I am not benieth you, I have too much class to bring it up. personally i think there are better ways to distract from the "wtf, jponry" topic. debate usually means sticking to just 1 topic
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-06 23:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Truthfully, I've never really noticed much anti US sentiment while living here, more the opposite really. About the bombing in particular, for most people it just happened a long time ago. Every generation, it just gets farther and farther away. As a Chinese person, I see this myself, my grandparents are very anti Japanese, my parents less so, and I'm pretty much whatever.

And are there still that many affected by the a bomb effects? I've actually visited Hiroshima and it's probably one of the nicer cities I've seen here (as well as new for obvious reasons).
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-08-06 23:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
The development of nuclear weapons is something we should have all just left alone honestly.

Amen to that; I really do hope what Obama's been doing to enforce nuclear disarmament will make an effect :(
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-06 23:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
Clinpachi said:
The development of nuclear weapons is something we should have all just left alone honestly.

Amen to that; I really do hope what Obama's been doing to enforce nuclear disarmament will make an effect :(

He's already done more then bush's entire presidential history and he hasn't been in office very long. The only mistake Obama has made this far is getting involved in that police racial issue. It was in effort to make peace but still... wth.

Nuclear weapons are pretty much suicide.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-08-06 23:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarowyn said:
And are there still that many affected by the a bomb effects? I've actually visited Hiroshima and it's probably one of the nicer cities I've seen here (as well as new for obvious reasons).

Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki; Post attack casualties:
According to most estimates, the immediate effects of the blast killed approximately 70,000 people in Hiroshima. Estimates of total deaths by the end of 1945 from burns, radiation and related disease, the effects of which were aggravated by lack of medical resources, range from 90,000 to 140,000.
edit: lol, reading too much on this stuff is depressing ; ;
Hibakusha ("Explosion-affected people")
The memorials in Hiroshima and Nagasaki contain lists of the names of the hibakusha who are known to have died since the bombings. Updated annually on the anniversaries of the bombings, as of August 2008[update] the memorials record the names of more than 400,000 hibakusha—258,310 in Hiroshima and 145,984 in Nagasaki.
(The real citation is on the wiki page)

Effects of nuclear explosions
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7