Alternator
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18
 Fenrir.Luckycharmss
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Luckycharmss 2013-05-11 02:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I don't know what Heatsink does exactly - but I was doing something with KKK equipped and I figured - EH! I don't need Heatsink!

Nope!

I don't know what the hell it's doing but after I removed it I started overloading all the *** over the place (using a sequence of three different maneuvers even)

Put it back on and I've been spamming maneuvers back to back for two hours while skilling Guard and I have not overloaded once

Since I'm using an Alternator I'm wondering if Heatsink does something to the dStat check

alternatively it could just massively reduce the chance to overload or substantially accelerate the decay of burden

I always always use Heatsink on everything because I never overload with it on soon as I take it off overload like crazy. I don't think its an Alternator thing but of course it does help as well.
 Sylph.Jkun
Server: Sylph
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-11 02:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

u wot m8

No Heatsink but KKK = Crazy Overload? Were you in Abyssea?

Also yeah, I can't remember the last time I didn't use Heatsink.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-11 02:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No

Vunkerl Inlet [S] ( but using Alternator )

Which is why one theory is removing the dSTAT check
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-11 02:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/8629.html

seems to suggest decreasing the time it takes to decay but i'm not sure I'm reading it right
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2013-05-11 02:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jkun said: »
Yeah, no nerfs here. Sharpshot is still king in Delve, and Spiritereaver is great on NMs!

Gonna be dicking about in Abyssea and Limbus later, will post any neat stuff I find out here.

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
As for Armor Shatterer with Alternator, I toss up 2 wind, 1 fire maneuvers. Still does around 2700 to the raptor, where as 3 wind did 2500. Even with maneuvers down, there were no ranged accuracy issues, so thinking about tossin Barrage Turbine back in

Oh man, I love Barrage Turbine, mainly because of the huge TP boost it gives (which Sharpshot needs), never once have I not used it since it came out.

Thinking about putting my Magic Skill merits into Ranged now!
I thought about doing this too. I rarely use Blm frame anymore.
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-11 13:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Baroma said: »
Yeah, no nerfs here. Sharpshot is still king in Delve, and Spiritereaver is great on NMs!

Gonna be dicking about in Abyssea and Limbus later, will post any neat stuff I find out here.

As for Armor Shatterer with Alternator, I toss up 2 wind, 1 fire maneuvers. Still does around 2700 to the raptor, where as 3 wind did 2500. Even with maneuvers down, there were no ranged accuracy issues, so thinking about tossin Barrage Turbine back in

Oh man, I love Barrage Turbine, mainly because of the huge TP boost it gives (which Sharpshot needs), never once have I not used it since it came out.

Even if you did use blm frame frequently I'd still recommend putting them into ranged, since the only thing Auto magic skill affects these days is Magic Acc (I believe?)
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-11 23:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some Arrapago Remnants II with my Puppet Master today, which has Rigor Baghnaks and Alternator.

When it came to Khimaira and Khrysokhimaira Elder, Zero was downing both beasts with a static 3090 Armor Shatterer, and some pretty impressive 500+ damage ranged attacks.

Even with the evasion boost granted by the AGI+70 from the Alternator, The SS Frame just couldnt hold it's own the entire fight. Luckily the group was made up of 2 pups, a thf, and a whm mule. While i got my SS frame back up and running, the other pup's auto held Khryso at bay.

this actually makes me want to try building an Auto/Pet haste set for the times when only my automaton can be in melee range. Currently I do have a Murzim Zuchetto stored on the porter moogle, so i'm just missing relic +2, Omodaka Hizayoroi, and Moepapa Stone.
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-11 23:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I might go PUP to Salv II instead of MNK from now on in that case! Thanks for the info!
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-11 23:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd also like to note that I didn't have my Cirque Gaunti +2 pr Cirque Capello +2 in my TP set at the time, so there was not TP Bonus or additional +13 to STR/DEX/AGI (which some people in the thread had forgotten about when they thought it gained +83 for those stats instead of +70)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-12 08:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I missed too many pages in this thread, was anything confirmed other than +70 stats and +40 mab?
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-12 09:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I missed too many pages in this thread, was anything confirmed other than +70 stats and +40 mab?

+40 all the things.
By Theytak 2013-05-12 12:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what Heatsink does exactly - but I was doing something with KKK equipped and I figured - EH! I don't need Heatsink!

Nope!

I don't know what the hell it's doing but after I removed it I started overloading all the *** over the place (using a sequence of three different maneuvers even)

Put it back on and I've been spamming maneuvers back to back for two hours while skilling Guard and I have not overloaded once

Since I'm using an Alternator I'm wondering if Heatsink does something to the dStat check

alternatively it could just massively reduce the chance to overload or substantially accelerate the decay of burden

My testing after they tweaked it showed that heatsink did exactly the same thing as buffoon's collar. +5 to the burden threshold, and -12 sec from overload duration, approx. Said testing never got posted in my overload testing thread, and I can't find it anywhere now, though, so I may need to redo it.

Cerberus.Balloon said: »
Asura.Baroma said: »

Even if you did use blm frame frequently I'd still recommend putting them into ranged, since the only thing Auto magic skill affects these days is Magic Acc (I believe?)
Ranged skill also increases the automaton's ranged weapon damage, not just r.atk/r.acc, so if you use sharpshot for damage (as opposed to primarily being a mage-frame player), it's worth it to go 10/10 in ranged skill over magic skill. For the record, melee skill is likely the same (skill increase attack, acc, and base damage), but it's a lot harder to prove, so I haven't gotten very far with it.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-12 13:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's +5 then that +5 is magic and results in almost never overloading even with alternator.

Like I said, with KKK and Alternator but no heatsink I was constantly overloading while cycling three maneuvers, adding in heatsink allowed me to spam the same maneuver at recast for an extended period of time and I never overloaded.

That difference seems awfully drastic for +5
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-12 17:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Our understanding of Overload and maneuver burden may not be entirely correct according to Japanese sources

Kenkonken according to a Japanese strategy guide - treats the Burden from maneuvers as 1/3 the normal amount

Deluxe Animator has the hidden effect of Automaton Acc+4 Macc+4
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-13 07:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wow wow wow finally got my alternator combined with my Rigors feel like I went super saiyan. Still trying to figure out how I will best use this new toy blm/rng puppet seem just way to amazing to be real. But what does the alternator bring to the whm head?

Any thread covers build out of the puppet? Been awhile since I played pup but with these new toys seem to change the game....

I have to say watching the rng puppet *** slap a VT frenzied mantis just made my day....
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-13 08:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Just wow wow wow finally got my alternator combined with my Rigors feel like I went super saiyan. Still trying to figure out how I will best use this new toy blm/rng puppet seem just way to amazing to be real. But what does the alternator bring to the whm head?

Any thread covers build out of the puppet? Been awhile since I played pup but with these new toys seem to change the game....

I have to say watching the rng puppet *** slap a VT frenzied mantis just made my day....

Volt Guns add is now 50 dmg, WHM frame is capable of hitting much harder ,and while using Inhibitor and Stringing pummel uses Knockout, which hits for 1000-1200 dmg and produces a decent SC and a useful EVA down effect.

Other than that, a decent VIT and MND modifier for cures and the ability to hold a mob quite well when you have bitten off more than you can chew.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-13 08:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Volt Guns add is now 50 dmg, WHM frame is capable of hitting much harder ,and while using Inhibitor and Stringing pummel uses Knockout, which hits for 1000-1200 dmg and produces a decent SC and a useful EVA down effect.

Other than that, a decent VIT and MND modifier for cures and the ability to hold a mob quite well when you have bitten off more than you can chew.

Volt gun 50 dmg!!!!!! Say what lol holy hell.....
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-13 15:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost everything we know about maneuvers and overload is wrong! More to come.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-13 15:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falsetto
By Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus 2013-05-13 17:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What a tease! atleast give us a sneak peek preview!
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-13 17:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

NO PEEKING
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-14 08:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

NO PEEKING

Just tell me I don't have to buy and carry a bunch of the ovail set for ice ><;;. Popped a fresh blm puppet 2 moves and overloaded and using rng never ever overloaded running wind and fire...
 Siren.Zekyr
Server: Siren
user: alekandr
By Siren.Zekyr 2013-05-14 08:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew asking about overloading was a valid question ;) There's always been something "hidden" about the system, the master/vs/maton stat argument, etc etc -

Now, no need to tease, slight hint ;)
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-14 08:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

nd usin

I don't know if Sylows findings will make this untrue or not, but I was under the assumption that a fresh activate sets an auto to the minimum burden threshold, meaning you're much more likely to overload on a fresh auto.

Also, it feels like I very rarely overload with Heatsink,even when spamming a single maneuver.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-14 08:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to post any numbers yet because I want to come to a convergent analysis with Byrth!

I can tell you what I do know though without giving any numbers

(I will use "heat" and "degrees" to discuss burden since that's what the official terms should be apparently)

1) The automaton has what I'll call an "elemental operating temperature" and when you exceed this temperature you have a chance to overload

"Reduces overload rate" gear appears to reduce the probability of overloading when you're above the operating temperature but I'm not sure by how much

2) The operating temperature does not vary by frame or number of attachments equipped - the only way I can think that someone might have come to this conclusion is that they forgot they were working in a modulo 3 system or something

3) AF1 hands and Buffoon's collar increase the operating temperature by a small amount and AF3+2 body increase the operating temperature by a very large amount

The previous testing that indicated it was "two instances" was incredibad or something because if you count the value held by AF1 or Buffoon's as one instance AF3+2 is more like equipping fourteen of them

3) Heatsink passively decreases the temperature increase per maneuver which probably varies with # of water maneuvers but I don't feel like testing that

Tactical processsor increases the temperature increase per maneuver (for all elements) and this increases with the number of ice maneuvers up (I don't know how much)

4) Kenkonken reduces the temperature increase associated with using a maneuver to 1/3 of the original value

5) The automaton cools by 1 degree every 3 seconds as was previously known
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-14 08:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not tested the reduction to the temperature increase per maneuver yet because now that Automatons figured out how to take Abyssea out of Abyssea we don't really have to worry about that ever again
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-14 08:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

nd usin

I don't know if Sylows findings will make this untrue or not, but I was under the assumption that a fresh activate sets an auto to the minimum burden threshold, meaning you're much more likely to overload on a fresh auto.

Also, it feels like I very rarely overload with Heatsink,even when spamming a single maneuver.

Yep but using the rng puppet on fresh spamming didn't overload looks like I will be pulling my overload gear back out just to be more careful. Was just testing alternator nuking only 3.3k on a mandy ><;; I want 4k lol only had time for one test lol...
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-14 08:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to post any numbers yet because I want to come to a convergent analysis with Byrth!

I can tell you what I do know though without giving any numbers

(I will use "heat" and "degrees" to discuss burden since that's what the official terms should be apparently)

1) The automaton has what I'll call an "elemental operating temperature" and when you exceed this temperature you have a chance to overload

"Reduces overload rate" gear appears to reduce the probability of overloading when you're above the operating temperature but I'm not sure by how much

2) The operating temperature does not vary by frame or number of attachments equipped - the only way I can think that someone might have come to this conclusion is that they forgot they were working in a modulo 3 system or something

3) AF1 hands and Buffoon's collar increase the operating temperature by a small amount and AF3+2 body increase the operating temperature by a very large amount

The previous testing that indicated it was "two instances" was incredibad or something because if you count the value held by AF1 or Buffoon's as one instance AF3+2 is more like equipping fourteen of them

3) Heatsink passively decreases the temperature increase per maneuver which probably varies with # of water maneuvers but I don't feel like testing that

Tactical processsor increases the temperature increase per maneuver (for all elements) and this increases with the number of ice maneuvers up (I don't know how much)

4) Kenkonken reduces the temperature increase associated with using a maneuver to 1/3 of the original value

5) The automaton cools by 1 degree every 3 seconds as was previously known

How much is the af3+1? Damn it I knew I should have finished that mofo...
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-14 08:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is half (so the same as equipping AF1 hands in seven slots!)

I will not be testing it though although someone else is welcome to do so
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-14 09:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is half (so the same as equipping AF1 hands in seven slots!)

I will not be testing it though although someone else is welcome to do so

Cool thanks guess I have to get off my lazy *** and do it with delve gear + atmas abyssea is like stepping on a bug outside. Hard to not kill before procing the stupid mobs...
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18