Forum » FFXI » General » The Test Server and You: A Guide
The Test Server and You: A Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-29 17:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if anyone has found this out yet, but it is possible to get windower working on the test server.

I logged into my character on the test server using the vanilla POL login, then opened POL using Windower and logged into the same account. The Vanilla login got disconnected and the Windower login gained access to the "play on test server" button.
 Phoenix.Novaria
user: Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-08-29 17:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

extracting/copying files...this is taking longer then downloading them did...maybe that's a sign that my computer sucks...lol

on the bright side, I'm doing all of this all by myself and, while not the world's greatest achievement ever, it's pretty awesome!

(usually my husband and/or his uber techy friend do this kind of stuff for me so that all I have to do is launch the game and I'm good-I'm not very good with this kind of thing-so I'm pretty proud of myself right now--and yes, I know, it's uber easy and a child could do it lol--)
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-08-29 17:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
Not sure if anyone has found this out yet, but it is possible to get windower working on the test server.

I logged into my character on the test server using the vanilla POL login, then opened POL using Windower and logged into the same account. The Vanilla login got disconnected and the Windower login gained access to the "play on test server" button.

oh that's sweet! Thanks for the info :)
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-29 17:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Novaria said: »
extracting/copying files...this is taking longer then downloading them did...maybe that's a sign that my computer sucks...lol

on the bright side, I'm doing all of this all by myself and, while not the world's greatest achievement ever, it's pretty awesome!

(usually my husband and/or his uber techy friend do this kind of stuff for me so that all I have to do is launch the game and I'm good-I'm not very good with this kind of thing-so I'm pretty proud of myself right now--and yes, I know, it's uber easy and a child could do it lol--)
You'll be able to find solutions for various problems just by backreading here. :3
By Darkzeru 2011-08-29 17:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

~41 mins until done to copy the ffxi files to the client folder.....joy lol
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-08-29 18:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »

You'll be able to find solutions for various problems just by backreading here. :3

That's my plan :)

I figure, if I can do this all by myself (with forum help of course lol) then maybe I DON'T need to be so completely reliant upon my husband and his techy friend to do ALL of my comp stuff lol
By Pooman 2011-08-29 18:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

While this doesn't work for me, when I log into both of my characters via windower the test server button appears, and all of my windower plugins work. When I only log into my main the button isn't there, but what I mentioned above works.
 Fenrir.Beaumont
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Beaumont 2011-08-29 18:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm. Apparently I don't have any of the expansions installed according to the test server.
 Lakshmi.Alryc
Server: Lakshmi
user: Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2011-08-29 18:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So um, is there a way to run FFXI Config for test server? My graphics are all fudged up and on top of that, my gamepad doesn't work for it.
 Fenrir.Beaumont
By Fenrir.Beaumont 2011-08-29 18:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Alryc said: »
So um, is there a way to run FFXI Config for test server? My graphics are all fudged up and on top of that, my gamepad doesn't work for it.

In your POL>FFXI Test Server folder there's a folder called Tools US.

Can tweak graphics and whatnot with the ffxiconfig file in that folder.
 Lakshmi.Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2011-08-29 18:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, thanks...and why is moogle2 speaking to me in Japanese onry? D:
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-08-29 18:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

upadte...why u no go faster?!?!?!
 Fenrir.Beaumont
By Fenrir.Beaumont 2011-08-29 18:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno. I have that same problem now too. Only fun thing I've been able to do with him is change my job level to 95. Can't do any fun stuff like get items from the porter moogle either at the moment.

I guess I'm going to try reinstalling. Sigh.

edit: Also, when I set my level to 95 on dancer, the new dnc flourish was a "." instead of it's proper name. Same deal with whm's new JA.
 Lakshmi.Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2011-08-29 18:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

But...I -just- got it to work. I don't want to reinstall again >:/ gdi SE
 Fenrir.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Fenrir.Kaioshin 2011-08-29 18:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

woot. Husband gave me permission to have MY character on the test server so I'm downloading the stuff now...have about 3mins left on the last one.

yay!

You promised him sex tonight didn't you?
 Valefor.Tahn
Server: Valefor
user: lemonbird
By Valefor.Tahn 2011-08-29 18:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this has been asked before, and sorry if it's a really stupid question, but the character you put on the test server is just a copy of your actual character right? The one on your normal server will still be useable/untouched?
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-29 18:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Tahn said: »
Sorry if this has been asked before, and sorry if it's a really stupid question, but the character you put on the test server is just a copy of your actual character right? The one on your normal server will still be useable/untouched?
Correct.
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-08-29 18:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'm in and everything is working properly, so thanks everyone for all of your help <3

now to tweak the graphics a bit they are seriously horrible right now lmrpo!
[+]
 Fenrir.Beaumont
By Fenrir.Beaumont 2011-08-29 18:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm. After reinstalling the test client it still says the only expansions I have installed are CoP and WoTG.

Makes no sense considering one of the criteria for testing was to have all the expansions. <.<
 Lakshmi.Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2011-08-29 18:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you manage to get it in english at least this time?
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-29 19:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Beaumont said: »
Hm. After reinstalling the test client it still says the only expansions I have installed are CoP and WoTG.

Makes no sense considering one of the criteria for testing was to have all the expansions. <.<
Make sure you are copying all of the files out of the "ffxi" folder which is made up of all 3 zip files. If you are doing everything right and it's still failing, the files might have been corrupted when you downloaded them.
 Fenrir.Beaumont
By Fenrir.Beaumont 2011-08-29 19:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Beaumont said: »

Make sure you are copying all of the files out of the "ffxi" folder which is made up of all 3 zip files. If you are doing everything right and it's still failing, the files might have been corrupted when you downloaded them.

I guess I'll have to redownload then. Moogle still japanese and only have two expansions active. I just wanna mess around with the new stuff D:
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-29 19:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

any link for the test server patch files? im done installing , everything works ok, but as soon im gonna play on the test server it starts patching/downloading data
i dont want to use pol to download the patch-_-
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-29 19:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Suck it up, buttercup.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-29 19:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

:(
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
Server: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2011-08-29 19:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't seen the answer in the whole thrzad, and the question been asked on first page, so, ima ask again.

I have a problem with installing the server test. I dl'ed the EU version, and when i run the setup.exe file, it says something about POL not being installed. And then it shut down.

I updated POL, re-dl the client thingie, but still not working.
Any clues?
Thx.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2011-08-29 20:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any fix for the moogle2 yet? >.>;
 Fenrir.Beaumont
By Fenrir.Beaumont 2011-08-29 20:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cesil said: »
Is there any fix for the moogle2 yet? >.>;

Not sure. I just uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled everything. Finishing up the process now to see if it fixes it.
 Leviathan.Crawlerbasher
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Crawlerbasher 2011-08-29 20:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I've hit a snag.

Downloaded the files from the url its given me.
And it says I need to install pol.

Which is already installed other wise I would not be able to play ffxi in the first place.

After looking at the url I've noticed it came from a /US/ folder.
And I've got the EU version of the game.

So why has SE given me a US url when my account is EU?
Does it make a different.
And if so what is the correct download links for the EU version of the test game?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13