users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The Test Server and You: A Guide
The Test Server and You: A Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
By Darkzeru 2011-08-31 10:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Inuyasha said: »
Darkzeru said: »
I end up doing that do cancel out other reasons its not working but end up workingfine when i started from scratch
it MIGHTVE been that i copied the files over just as FFXI....fixing that now...will see ninja edit~ twas the folder problem D: didnt transfer the files correctly (individually)
It's always the lil things lol :P
 Alexander.Fancy
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: fancy60
By Alexander.Fancy 2011-08-31 10:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

what did u do
By Inuyasha 2011-08-31 11:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Inuyasha said: »
I end up doing that do cancel out other reasons its not working but end up workingfine when i started from scratch
it MIGHTVE been that i copied the files over just as FFXI....fixing that now...will see ninja edit~ twas the folder problem D: didnt transfer the files correctly (individually)
It's always the lil things lol :P
lulz....and die a little inside :/

*logs on to test server* "Inuyasha receives the effect of***"

Alexander.Fancy said: »
what did u do

I went into Derp mode and didnt copy the individual files from the "ffxi" folder....i instead took the "ffxi" folder and overwrote it multiple times with the new files going into that folder...and SEbased programs dont like an extra folder....so it kept crashing my =Test=PoL
 Alexander.Fancy
By Alexander.Fancy 2011-08-31 12:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

im still stuck dont know if i tranfered all the file correctly cause every time i try to play test server it freezes and i have to rebot system this sucks
 Alexander.Fancy
By Alexander.Fancy 2011-08-31 12:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

help
By Inuyasha 2011-08-31 12:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Fancy said: »
im still stuck dont know if i tranfered all the file correctly cause every time i try to play test server it freezes and i have to rebot system this sucks
ouch...

well...i can prolly help more after school...or a more knowledgeable fellow can help you and be of help more than i could D:
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-31 12:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Very simple procedure really @_@.

1) Download the 4 zip files for your region
2) Extract the four files to a temporary folder of your choice, separately.
3) Run the setup.exe from the first zip
4) Ehen the installation is complete, navigate to the installation folder for the Final Fantasy XI Test Client (C:\Program Files(x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\Final Fantasy XI Test Client) and move the files contained inside of the ffxi folder generated by the other 3 zip files into the Test Client folder. Be sure that you're moving ALL of the files from EVERY folder labelled as "ffxi".

Hope that helps.

I edited the OP for clarity and added a new section.
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2011-08-31 13:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Simplest way to install it:

Download 1st file.
Unzip it.
Run it.

Browse to it's install folder... In my case it was:

D:\Program Files\PlayOnline_Test\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI Test Client (leave this windows explorer window alone and open a new one)

Download the other three files.

Extract first file to anywhere you feel like in yout PC.
Extract second file to the same place you extracted the first. PC will ask if it's ok to overwrite. Click "Replace all files" or anything similar your OS prompts to.
Extract third file and again choose overwrite all files.

Navigate inside the ffxi folder and mark ALL files. (CTRL-A works wonders on Windows for this)

Mark the files for moving with the context menu (the other button of your mouse, which is opposite to the one used to select) by choosing "cut".

Change back to the window which you have the TEST client folder open and press CTRL-V or use the context menu and choose "paste".

As a piece of advice: Do not use the poolbot.exe shortcut as it causes an odd error (ARRAY ERROR) on the POL main screen. If you open POL normally as if you would do to play the normal game, it should simply work.

The TEST SERVER PLAY button still shows up fine even if you start POL the old way.
 Ragnarok.Mougurijin
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Mougurijin 2011-09-03 22:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zargosa said: »
After much playing around I finally got what they were saying about the windower workaround.. let the test pol client load up to the play buttons, when you login with windower, close the disconnected box in the pol test client first, click the FFXI button in windower and as you click it, actually close the window for pol test client via the 'X' button in the top right. As soon as you click FFXI in windower, basically in the time it takes to change screens, you should have closed the vanilla pol window. Tried it a couple of times and the play on test server came up in windower. Figured if this works for me I'd at least try to be a bit more specific about it how to do it.
I followed that exactly as you said, but I still get only the regular "Play" option...

There has to be more to it than that, like timing of when to click 'X' on the vanilla POL window, or needing to click both vanilla and windower shortcuts before you first log into the vanilla one, or needing to click on the shortcut next to "Final Fantasy XI" on the main screen or not, or something to do with having certain windows in focus...

I've tried it enough times I wouldn't believe it's possible to get it working, but I've seen screenshots showing windower on the test server working. :/

-Edit-
OK, nvm. I just tried it a couple more times in slightly different ways and it actually worked.
I clicked the vanilla shortcut, then (for the first time) the GUI windower shortcut immediately after so they both popped up around the same time.
At the part where you click the 'X', I clicked it immediately after clicking "Final Fantasy XI" in the windower POL, but waited till the last moment as the next screen loaded to click ok in the pop up message box to close the vanilla POL.
Not really sure what made it work, but it might have just been that I used the GUI shortcut instead of a different one I normally use.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-09-04 10:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Phoenix.Salmijr said: »
Since windower works based on your registry settings for FFXI, has anyone actually tried replacing their FFXI files with the test server files to see if windower works?
You do it and let us know. :3

If I had posted this when I was at home, rather than work, I would have posted the results, not a question. But thanks for being helpful.

Anyway, It didn't work. And tricking the windower version to have the test server button works for me, but crashes when it switches out of the play screen. It looks like the old crashes where a plugin was at fault. going to try launching it with plugins disabled.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-09-09 20:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do we go to get spells 91-95? >.>

nvm

no new smn pets though..?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-09-14 00:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said: »
I'd like to point out that it's a good idea to download big files (100Mb+) with a download manager, lest they be corrupted when you finally access them.

Leviathan.Dreamx said: »
Fli, Would you mind putting a good file manager up so the OP can put it in as a prior download [Suggested]?

I find this to be a very useful guide to the players just trying to rush to get in to play godmode and complaining about things not working. Thank you :D

I use FDM (Free download Manager) But Jdownloader is a viable option.

FDM

Jdownloader
add FlashGet to the list as an option, this is what I used
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-09-14 15:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ahhh crap, turns out I have my 85 Caladbolg on the Test Server, I have a 90 on Levi >_>

Is there a way to have my character info on the test server updated from the public ones after you've applied?
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-09-14 15:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
Shiva.Flionheart said: »
I'd like to point out that it's a good idea to download big files (100Mb+) with a download manager, lest they be corrupted when you finally access them.

Leviathan.Dreamx said: »
Fli, Would you mind putting a good file manager up so the OP can put it in as a prior download [Suggested]?

I find this to be a very useful guide to the players just trying to rush to get in to play godmode and complaining about things not working. Thank you :D

I use FDM (Free download Manager) But Jdownloader is a viable option.

FDM

Jdownloader
add FlashGet to the list as an option, this is what I used
I'm still a fan of DAP (download accelerator plus).
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-14 15:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll add both of those there. I've used both in the past, I'm just more comfortable with FDM.
By oncura 2011-09-14 16:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This whole thing just annoying. I've tried downloading and redownloading, i tried throwing them all in a temp folder like it said then copying content, ive tried straight drag and drops, this just will not work, im missing ROM 9, Users, and SYS in my folder. and when i try to launch the game it goes to full screen for a second then stops responding and mazkes me close program...anyone have a clue wtf going on here
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-09-14 16:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
ahhh crap, turns out I have my 85 Caladbolg on the Test Server, I have a 90 on Levi >_>

Is there a way to have my character info on the test server updated from the public ones after you've applied?
got an answer to this, turns out character info is stuck once you've applied...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I want my DMG:120 and +5 vit! ; ;
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Bedrin
user: Bedrin
By Bismarck.Bedrin 2011-11-06 05:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Heya Guys, Just updating on Test Server so see whoever online there.

And quick question, can you guys just tell me if I can still play on Normal Server? or am I bound?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Mswan
Server: Shiva
user: Mswan
By Shiva.Mswan 2011-12-18 12:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

out of curiosity, can you play ballista on this server?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [205 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Ketsuu
Server: Odin
By Odin.Ketsuu 2012-07-10 22:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this was answered already, but just to confirm, it wont let you play on the test server if your missing 1 add on scenario, but it will accept your application/allow you to download the client?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-07-10 22:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ketsuu said: »
Not sure if this was answered already, but just to confirm, it wont let you play on the test server if your missing 1 add on scenario, but it will accept your application/allow you to download the client?

I have all 4 expansions and abyssea add-ons but I don't have any of the 3 other add-on scenarios but I can get on the test server
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2012-07-10 22:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

think you need to download it some place or if your using the other windower it wont let you log in on that eaither
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [325 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Mirril
Server: Cerberus
user: flywacket
By Cerberus.Mirril 2013-06-01 10:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I am having issues getting anything on the test server to work correctly. What did I do wrong?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-06-01 10:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably nothing. It's a little buggy. Run a File Check.
 Cerberus.Mirril
Server: Cerberus
user: flywacket
By Cerberus.Mirril 2013-06-01 14:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured it out. (File check does nothing for me) I copied all the files into the test server folder AFTER running the update. That causes some strange glitches. Uninstalling and doing everything in the correct order from scratch fixed it.
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-06-17 14:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there no way to get the delve plasm gear on test server? was gonna do some testing to find that everything but that little taru is on there... they really just need to add a spawn moogle.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13