Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-29 12:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wilbert said: »
I'm kinda confuse with what we have to do so. First we download all the files and then once we download them we have to extract each filed once they have been extracted we have to put them into the install folder. From there we start the install process and everything should work just fine?
That should do it...and if it doesn't I'm gonna /tableflip hardcore.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-29 12:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

And it still crashes! I don't know what I did wrong *sighs*

Edit: nvm, the error this time is copying the whole ffxi folder while I had to copy only the fils inside without the folder...let's see how it goes THIS TIME <_<
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-29 13:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

"Once you have your .zip files downloaded, extract them to your preferred location and run the setup.exe file from A11203W_001 or U11204W_001. Next, take the "ffxi" folder created by the other three .zips and place all of the data in that folder into your Test client installation directory. (Default is C:/Program Files (x86)/Playonline/SquareEnix/Final Fantasy XI Test Client) Overwrite any files that you're prompted to overwrite."

Looks like you run setup.exe and then move them. o___O
 Phoenix.Shiomi
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-08-29 13:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So every time I click Play Test server, it goes to full screen and looks all good but it crashes. Anyone have this problem and fix it? Idk what's wrong.
 Cerberus.Baleoce
Server: Cerberus
user: Baleoce
By Cerberus.Baleoce 2011-08-29 13:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the large zip files identical between the EU and US versions? I accidentally US. So was wondering if I could just re-download the "U11204W_001.zip" instead of the "A11203W_001.zip" I currently have? and then install it.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-29 13:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

After the setup extract the other ffxi folders in a temporary folder, then pick all the files inside and copy them to the test folder in playonline. Don't copy the folder, but the files inside only. SHOULD work that way.
 Asura.Wilbert
Server: Asura
user: Wilbert
By Asura.Wilbert 2011-08-29 13:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about to shield bash square-enix when i get the chance, I'm sure there was a simpler way of doing this I'm down to my last extract need to uninstall the test sever again for the third time today and give it ago.
 Asura.Ceraphina
user: Ceraphina
By Asura.Ceraphina 2011-08-29 13:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Now here's a good question. Is it just game mechanics themselves or can you run through CSes/story bits and battlegrounds as well?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-29 13:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Now it runs but it says expansion packs are not installed...what do I do now? -.-
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-29 13:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Now it runs but it says expansion packs are not installed...what do I do now? -.-
Do you have all the add-ons too? >___>
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-29 13:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I have everything.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-08-29 13:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm honestly really very excited about this for some reason.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-29 13:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wilbert said: »
I'm kinda confuse with what we have to do so. First we download all the files and then once we download them we have to extract each filed once they have been extracted we have to put them into the install folder. From there we start the install process and everything should work just fine?

That is the install process. The setup.exe won't do the installing of the files for you unfortunately, you have to manually move the folder created by the 3 zip files that did not contain the .exe into your Test client folder.
 Asura.Wilbert
user: Wilbert
By Asura.Wilbert 2011-08-29 13:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I did that but every time I run it and its goes into full screen mood it crash i just did all of the extracting of files and stuff and again i go to full screen mode and crash I'm at a lost
 Ragnarok.Alcarin
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alcarin 2011-08-29 13:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Still problems.. pol crash after i try to log on Test server i dont know why.. its seems have problem on FFXiMain.dll.. idk
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-08-29 14:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Shiomi said: »
So every time I click Play Test server, it goes to full screen and looks all good but it crashes. Anyone have this problem and fix it? Idk what's wrong.

I'm having the same problem but no one seems to know what to do for it. I can run the public server FFXI in fullscreen without any problems, but not the test server FFXI. I've tried changing my resolution. Tried default settings. Tried opening in windower (which should work wtf SQenix...) and so on... Nothing seems to work.
 Ragnarok.Alcarin
By Ragnarok.Alcarin 2011-08-29 14:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »

I'm having the same problem but no one seems to know what to do for it. I can run the public server FFXI in fullscreen without any problems, but not the test server FFXI. I've tried changing my resolution. Tried default settings. Tried opening in windower (which should work wtf SQenix...) and so on... Nothing seems to work.

got the same problem.. i even install again and still dont work..
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-08-29 14:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Alcarin said: »

got the same problem.. i even install again and still dont work..

Yeah... I'm on my third re-install
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-08-29 14:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, just thought of something that might be helpful... When I run the POL bit and it goes to the main screen (right before the FFXI screen,) there's a red square where the shortcut command should be and it reads "(Array Error)". Would that have something to do with it or is everyone else getting that too?
 Ragnarok.Zirael
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2011-08-29 14:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, just thought of something that might be helpful... When I run the POL bit and it goes to the main screen (right before the FFXI screen,) there's a red square where the shortcut command should be and it reads "(Array Error)". Would that have something to do with it or is everyone else getting that too?
If you click red square it gives you a connection error, but if you click right next to it on <Final Fantasy> (or whatever, I forgot text name), you'll proceed.
I was crashing (and then had a JP speaking moogles in Mog House) until I did a game files check (you need to choose "Check Test server game files" from dropdown menu), it re-dowbloaded 1400+ files and works fine now.

Ragnarok.Alcarin said: »
Still problems.. pol crash after i try to log on Test server i dont know why.. its seems have problem on FFXiMain.dll.. idk
You can fix this problem by performing game files check. ZIPs that SE gave us have this file corrupted (for real...).
Not sure if it's not against ToS to put this DLL on Rapidshare... :-/
Anyways, check your PMs for extra hint.
 Ragnarok.Alcarin
By Ragnarok.Alcarin 2011-08-29 14:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zirael said: »
If you click red square it gives you a connection error, but if you click right next to it on <Final Fantasy> (or whatever, I forgot text name), you'll proceed.
I was crashing (and then had a JP speaking moogles in Mog House) until I did a game files check (you need to choose "Check Test server game files" from dropdown menu), it re-dowbloaded 1400+ files and works fine now
thanks, im gonna try that, and yes i got the same problem of Mizuharu
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-08-29 14:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I was crashing (and then had a JP speaking moogles in Mog House) until I did a game files check (you need to choose "Check Test server game files" from dropdown menu), it re-dowbloaded 1400+ files and works fine now

Just did the file check... Said over 5000 files were corrupt (wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww)

All of them were from the first two zip files. Did repair and went to start... Same problem. Tries to run it, but then it crashes.

Do all the files have to be in one folder? I have them all under POL/SQenix/FFXI test server/FFXI atm
By Cathaldus 2011-08-29 14:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

All the contents of ffxi should be copied to the Test Server folder without the ffxi folder so like

Test Server
- Rom
- Rom2

etc

Or that's what I did and it works fine.. Changed it to SE's crappy window in the end full-screen annoys me.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alcarin
By Ragnarok.Alcarin 2011-08-29 14:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did the file check... Said over 5000 files were corrupt (wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww)

All of them were from the first two zip files. Did repair and went to start... Same problem. Tries to run it, but then it crashes.

Do all the files have to be in one folder? I have them all under POL/SQenix/FFXI test server/FFXI atm
my files are on documents folder and well there are too a folder in POL/SQenix/FFXI test server/FFXI but idk and yes 5800 file corrupt lol
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-08-29 14:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cathaldus said: »
All the contents of ffxi should be copied to the Test Server folder without the ffxi folder.

Or that's what I did and it works fine.. Changed it to SE's crappy window in the end full-screen annoys me.

Ragnarok.Alcarin
By Ragnarok.Alcarin 2011-08-29 14:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cathaldus said: »
All the contents of ffxi should be copied to the Test Server folder without the ffxi folder.

so what we have to do ? >_>
By Cathaldus 2011-08-29 14:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Copy all the contents of the ffxi folder into: PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI Test Client

The readme file made no sense to me so I just copied how the normal version was.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-08-29 14:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just recopy everything from the zip folders to just the Playonline/Square Enix/Final fantasy test server. Keep everything out of the ffxi foulder crap (so just open the ffxi folder in zip and extract just those.) Then run a file repair to be safe from the POL menu before you log in (under check files)

It's so simple, thus calling for that video...
 Ragnarok.Zirael
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2011-08-29 14:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No, take them out from /FFXI straight to POL/SQenix/FFXI test server.
You need to overwrite POL/SQenix/FFXI test server folders with contents of the zips.
God, this is soo messy from SE's side :-/
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-08-29 14:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No, take them out from /FFXI straight to POL/SQenix/FFXI test server.
You need to overwrite POL/SQenix/FFXI test server folders with contents of the zips.
God, this is soo messy from SE's side :-/

... Ya know... I might just say screw it if this doesn't work. I'm finishing up my helms tonight and I got a pair of usu pants waiting for me... Everyone else has tested the new ***for BLU and such. I was just curious if PUP could start the Asuran Fists quest with this weaponskill revamp thing.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13