The Test Server and You: A Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13
 Shiva.Frodoe
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Frodoe
By Shiva.Frodoe 2013-07-28 09:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i installed the setup then copied the files from the 3 folders and let it over write like it said, then logged in and it updated for few hours. then when it goes to play it says cant start direct 3d. anyone got idea what problem might be? thanks for your help.
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2013-08-01 10:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Need some help ): I installed everything and extracted the files etc., However, Playonline keeps crashing once I enter the screen where you get the options to accept or decline. Anyone have what may be the issue?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [187 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Papia
Server: Odin
user: Papia
By Odin.Papia 2014-02-04 05:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you get an answer to your question? I recently downloaded the Test Server Client also, and mine crashes too at the same point...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Jirachi
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2014-04-08 17:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how long after an update the test server is down for?
It gets to the point were it tries to connect to lobby server then gives me POL error 3332
No info on the official site about it closing, and I've been on the test server before so i know the files are installed correctly. ><
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [105 days between previous and next post]
By myaihze 2014-07-22 19:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So just out of curiosity, can you go to test server and come back to your home server?
 Asura.Zubis
Server: Asura
user: Zubis
By Asura.Zubis 2014-07-22 19:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not your character - it's a copy of it, so you can't just get a cool item then bring it back to your server.
By myaihze 2014-07-22 19:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanted a change of pace. dident think of it like getting gear and coming back... that would be a bit broken haha
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-07-22 19:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, SE announced that they're discontinuing support for the test server today (afaik it hasn't actually been live in like 2 months and hasn't gotten a real update in over a year). So you don't have to worry about using it at all.
By Ophannus 2014-07-22 21:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odd because they got substantial feedback about job adjustments for 95/99 cap and adjusted many SP2's, Bully, Steady Wing, Meteor etc. Passing job adjustments through the player base was a smart idea but yeah they havent done so in a long time. Maybe in return, they'll simply look at forums more astutely. The thing is by releasing content for players to debug beforehand it saved them time and emergency maintenances. Or perhaps they'd rather monitor balance in the real game in alliance/party scenarios rather than individual players testing new spells/ja solo on test server. Idk.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-22 21:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Odd because they got substantial feedback about job adjustments for 95/99 cap and adjusted many SP2's, Bully, Steady Wing, Meteor etc. Passing job adjustments through the player base was a smart idea but yeah they havent done so in a long time. Maybe in return, they'll simply look at forums more astutely. The thing is by releasing content for players to debug beforehand it saved them time and emergency maintenances. Or perhaps they'd rather monitor balance in the real game in alliance/party scenarios rather than individual players testing new spells/ja solo on test server. Idk.

As a SAM, I prefer the new method for job adjustment.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13