The Test Server and You: A Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-29 20:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I'm aware that's a known issue, the links are correct but the files they give are not. I'm not sure how others from EU got around it.
By Darkzeru 2011-08-29 20:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you perform a file check on pol?
By Darkzeru 2011-08-29 20:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I got the 3 TC zip copied into the directory....updating now....hope it works this time....would be 3 times trying
 Leviathan.Crawlerbasher
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Crawlerbasher 2011-08-29 20:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Got this from another eu user but the first link as been turnic so its invalid and unable to find the right file name for it.

EU
http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/prev...11204W_001.zip
http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/preview/EU/FFXITC.zip
http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/preview/EU/FFXITC2.zip
http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/preview/EU/FFXITC3.zip

Found it the first one is a U11204W_001.zip
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2011-08-29 20:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Beaumont said: »
Lakshmi.Cesil said: »
Is there any fix for the moogle2 yet? >.>;

Not sure. I just uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled everything. Finishing up the process now to see if it fixes it.

Same here..lol hopefully this fixes it ;~;
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-29 20:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the red box instead of shortcut on pol error w/ error code etc and just went the long way around and managed to get to the play on test server button
dl'ing the update for ffxi on pol viewer now
should I expect any more ***to hit the fan? I don't know how much more I can take
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-08-29 20:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I really hope someone finds a way to get Windower (and possibly even KParser) working with the test server. That'll make it the most effective for testing.

As for the Moogle2 problem:

I fixed it by:
1. Uninstalling Test Server Client
2. Deleting "Final Fantasy XI Test Client" in Program Files (x86)
3. Running setup in the AWxxxxxx folder
4. Copy+pasting "ffxi" from "temp" folder to "Final Fantasy XI Test Client". ("ffxi" should come from using WinRAR to extract all 3 image zips at once)
5. Running game and doing version update
6. 9000 damage ukko's fury @_@ yo quiero Ukon
By Darkzeru 2011-08-29 20:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
I got the red box instead of shortcut on pol error w/ error code etc and just went the long way around and managed to get to the play on test server button
should I expect any more ***to hit the fan? I don't know how much more I can take
In the same boat...as for the red box....it seems for some reason it auto disconnect you.... I just wait for the "Final Fantasy XI" logo to pop up next to it
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-29 21:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkzeru said: »
In the same boat...as for the red box....it seems for some reason it auto disconnect you.... I just wait for the "Final Fantasy XI" logo to pop up next to it
yeah
that's what I did
and I'm on the test server, resolution etc is shitty as sin so I'll need to fix that
also
not seeing anyone I know on this test server
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-29 21:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

first thing I did when I log in was type //ni out of habit to make sure my spellcast is working
[+]
By Darkzeru 2011-08-29 21:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

There's been claims that you can use windower on the test server but I haven't tried any my self....nor seen anyone confirm otherwise :O
 Phoenix.Novaria
Server: Phoenix
user: Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-08-29 21:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The UK version of the readme file mistakenly refers to a US version filename, "A11203W_001.zip".
The correct filename is "U11204W_001.zip".

quoted from

Known Issues with Test Server

Does this even help anyone?
By Darkzeru 2011-08-29 21:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well seems to went smoothly this time...and no Japanese talk it appears :)
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-08-29 21:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, where do you get the full af+2 sets? I've only tried the GM moogle and the porter moogle (both in MH) and they don't have any of those items...the GM moogle only has toolbags for ninjutsu spells, rings, and earrings.

For me anyway.

*EDIT* Also, I don't have Holy 2...I did the whole "learn all spells, rolls, etc..." but I seem to be missing a few things.

*EDIT again*

Seems I just had to ask for all the spells and whatnot again...so now I have Holy II and all of that jazz but still no ability to obtain AF3+2 sets
By Darkzeru 2011-08-29 21:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Novaria said: »
Hmmm, where do you get the full af+2 sets? I've only tried the GM moogle and the porter moogle (both in MH) and they don't have any of those items...the GM moogle only has toolbags for ninjutsu spells, rings, and earrings.

For me anyway.

*EDIT* Also, I don't have Holy 2...I did the whole "learn all spells, rolls, etc..." but I seem to be missing a few things.

*EDIT again*

Seems I just had to ask for all the spells and whatnot again...so now I have Holy II and all of that jazz but still no ability to obtain AF3+2 sets
Maybe from the magian moogles up stairs?
 Carbuncle.Zeota
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zeota
By Carbuncle.Zeota 2011-08-29 21:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to get storage slip #10 and trade it to the GM moogle and select "entrust all items" for AF3+2.
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-08-29 21:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

For me anyway.

*EDIT again*

Trade the storage slip to the "Test Moogle" and choose "Entrust all items".

Then trade it to the "Test Porter" and retrieve your +2 stuff.
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-08-29 21:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, not there either...

Someone mentioned trading stoarge slips to the MH porter moogle and then he gives you access to whatever can be stored via that slip...I tried that though. When I trade him a stoarge slip I get these options

"Confirm storable items."
and
"Nothing"

/cry
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-08-29 21:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Eburo said: »

Trade the storage slip to the "Test Moogle" and choose "Entrust all items".

Then trade it to the "Test Porter" and retrieve your +2 stuff.

OK cool, I will try that :) Thank you

*EDIT*

Woot, that worked thanks a bunch :) Now I can really test some stuff!
[+]
By Darkzeru 2011-08-29 21:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone find a way for it to work on windower?
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-08-29 22:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
Not sure if anyone has found this out yet, but it is possible to get windower working on the test server.

I logged into my character on the test server using the vanilla POL login, then opened POL using Windower and logged into the same account. The Vanilla login got disconnected and the Windower login gained access to the "play on test server" button.

I haven't tried it. Right now, I'm just using the built in "windowed mode" for the ability to alt+tab

BUT now that I finally have the +2s I'm going to try the above.
By Darkzeru 2011-08-29 22:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
Not sure if anyone has found this out yet, but it is possible to get windower working on the test server.

I logged into my character on the test server using the vanilla POL login, then opened POL using Windower and logged into the same account. The Vanilla login got disconnected and the Windower login gained access to the "play on test server" button.

I haven't tried it. Right now, I'm just using the built in "windowed mode" for the ability to alt+tab

BUT now that I finally have the +2s I'm going to try the above.
Let me know if it works...didn't work for me unless i did something wrong ; ;
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-08-29 22:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, didn't work for me either :(

pretty sadpanda right now
 Lakshmi.Alryc
Server: Lakshmi
user: Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2011-08-30 00:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

uninstalled, reinstalled and once again getting JP text from Moogle2 and only three expansions are lit up. Anyone get past these issues yet?
By Darkzeru 2011-08-30 00:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what I did but after being on test server for about a 1 hour (doing T4VWNM) i log back on Windower and it gets me the option to play test server......

Edit: I click on test server and it actually went through however when I back out of it (to go back to POL) the option wasn't there anymore....

Maybe you have to be on the test server a little bit for it to linger onto windower?
 Fenrir.Kaioshin
Server: Fenrir
user: Troair
By Fenrir.Kaioshin 2011-08-30 00:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this has been posted already :/ I checked back on the previous pages for any answer and couldn't find it so sorry ahead of time if this has been answered BUT:

Okay at first this is what I did: Installed and started up setup BEFORE doing the other zips and putting them into another location then moving them to TEST directory like OP said to. POL crashed when I tried to enter into the test server. I figured it wasnt working because I was a retard and didn't read before I installed. So I uninstalled.

This is what I did after the above failed me: I downloaded all zips to a desktop folder I named (FFXI Test Zips), after all zips were unpacked (using Power Archiver Personal use version) I followed the OPs instructions to the very finest. I moved the FFXI folder to the directory which was still default just like OP listed by simply right clicking and selecting COPY and PASTE when I had the proper destination window open. Took about 35 mins for VISTA to copy all 9 gigs of files. So if thats not what OP said to do then that where I messed up. Anyways setup was smooth, POL updated fine, FFXI updated just fine, then when I clicked FINISH on POL updater to enter the test server it goes to windowed mode (POL's Ghetto one, I figured out how to configure it easily enough under US Tools) it goes black and Windows says POL encountered a problem and needed to close. I attempted this 4 more times before I thought, HEY maybe its a ADMIN issue (like I have with Windower) so I turn off UAC and still doesnt work. I restart my PC and try, still doenst work, I right click the TEST SERVER pol and click "Open as Administrator" still doesnt work. What am I doing wrong!? ><

Thanks for any help I can get and sorry this is so long and full of whining if its something simple I'm going to feel like an idiot.
 Fenrir.Kaioshin
By Fenrir.Kaioshin 2011-08-30 00:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats what my POL looks like. RED box where shortcut crystal should be. If you hover over it, it says ERROR ARRAY at the bottom.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-30 00:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I did this and I got windower working fine. Make sure you first disable "official" window mode in the config from /toolsUS/ (or whichever you're using). Also, take the vanilla POL to the part where you actually see the "play on test server" button before you bump it offline with your Windower login. Once the Windower instance is logged in, leave it on the "main page" until you quit and shutdown the vanilla POL instance. Then, click to FFXI and the button should be there.

If that doesn't work, I have no idea. People in this thread are having so many problems, and I did one download, one install, and everything worked flawlessly *shrugs*
 Fenrir.Kaioshin
By Fenrir.Kaioshin 2011-08-30 00:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »

I did this and I got windower working fine. Make sure you first disable "official" window mode in the config from /toolsUS/ (or whichever you're using). Also, take the vanilla POL to the part where you actually see the "play on test server" button before you bump it offline with your Windower login. Once the Windower instance is logged in, leave it on the "main page" until you quit and shutdown the vanilla POL instance. Then, click to FFXI and the button should be there.

If that doesn't work, I have no idea. People in this thread are having so many problems, and I did one download, one install, and everything worked flawlessly *shrugs*

Lucky >< ive been trying to get this to work since 1am and its 10:48pm now.
 Shiva.Tidusblitz
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Tidusblitz 2011-08-30 00:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Im in the same boat. PoL crashes every time i try to log in.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13