BST solos
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30
 Sylph.Azarus
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Azarus
By Sylph.Azarus 2013-02-12 13:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bukhis was also in question in an earlier post; while it's an easy SMN Solo, doing it on BST requires a little more attention and preparation; so here's a video! Warning: this one's kinda long(30min) due to a few instances of kiting for periods of 1-3min at a time. I put up lots of chat filters so that I could more easily focus on what Bukhis was doing. This is one of those fights where /DNC is the way to go. With Ducal Guard, Razed Ruins, and Sea Daughter, the goal is to rotate Violent Flourish and Smash Axe while constantly keeping Stutter Step up on Bukhis. Expect some stuns to get Resisted, or to miss, so also prepare to kite. The safest place to run around is the Flux 0 area where there's no mobs, and some obstacles to kite around. Stun priority goes to Apoc Ray and Ruinous Scythe, don't bother with the Blizzard spells or other TP moves. Skadi feet & Blink macros are a must in order to kite effectively. An MDT set is probably also important too, since it came in handy for his Blizzards. Definitely not my best work with Bukhis as I could have saved up to 7-8min if my stuns were more on point, but still got the W. Enjoy!

Bukhis BST Solo

(I know, I forgot to start recording before popping...)
[+]
 Sylph.Juromaru
user: Juromaru
By Sylph.Juromaru 2013-02-13 15:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Aza, you can't F***ing do that in this game...

P.S. you must've had abilities unlocked for this.
[+]
 Sylph.Azarus
By Sylph.Azarus 2013-02-13 16:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Juromaru said: »
Aza, you can't F***ing do that in this game...

P.S. you must've had abilities unlocked for this.

With my abilities unlocked, I was able to use my new merit JA, the Harlem Shake! This ability made Bukhis pop with CHR Down. Click the link for a 32 second demonstration of the Harlem Shake!

FTW
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-02-16 14:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Nidhogg soloable? I know I should bring a THF to it at least, but can a BST solo it?
By Xilk 2013-02-16 22:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Is Nidhogg soloable? I know I should bring a THF to it at least, but can a BST solo it?
Yes.
There are few level 75 cap nm's that BST cannot solo.
Usually it is because of some gimmicky move or hate management problems.
[+]
By quilly 2013-02-16 22:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. I may have to go do that sometime soon.

Edit: Oops posted on the wrong account lol. (Kylos)
 Leviathan.Tamian
Server: Leviathan
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2013-02-19 10:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Have anyone tried to solo Indrik? Based on the wiki testimonials, it sounds like a pain.

Maybe it can be done with yuly or falcor using one or two eva atmas + DG and RR (if only one eva atma)?
 Sylph.Azarus
By Sylph.Azarus 2013-02-19 17:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tamian said: »
Have anyone tried to solo Indrik? Based on the wiki testimonials, it sounds like a pain.

Maybe it can be done with yuly or falcor using one or two eva atmas + DG and RR (if only one eva atma)?

Killing Indrik on BST is about surviving Scintillant Lance while killing him as fast as you can at a controlled pace; evasion is definitely not the way to go. Coming prepared with a Revitalizer and Fanatics will prove useful as his S.Lance starts hitting harder, because chances are your pet will get taken out at some point regardless of how much mulsum you want to pump. There's a luck factor in that you dont want his "2-Hour" to cause him to absorb physical damage, because when that happens, you might as well start the fight over, because this will just buy him time to pump up his S. Lance and tear away at your pets.

You want to use either Future Fabulous or Savior atmas, but not both, because without Razed Ruins, you're doomed to a long fight where you'll be pumping mulsums 20 minutes in, and buying Indrik time to rotate to physical damage absorption with his 2hr. In this recorded fight, I definitely had a lucky streak where he didn't absorb physical damage, and allowed me an opportunity to get a pet on him after getting up from KO. The second time I tried him after recording this one, He started to absorb physical damage about halfway through the fight and I had to let him go and start over.

Maybe I'll try again sometime using DG/RR/Holy Mountain. Anyway, here's the vid, enjoy!

BST Indrik Solo
[+]
 Leviathan.Tamian
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2013-02-20 08:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nicely done man!

Is Scintillant Lance a 100% sure hit? It looked like your Gooey was getting hit almost every single time by regular and tp moves which might not happen with falcor or yuly. That's why I was thinking about using eva atmas. But if Scintillant Lance will hit you regardless then it will make no big difference.
 Sylph.Azarus
By Sylph.Azarus 2013-02-20 09:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tamian said: »
Is Scintillant Lance a 100% sure hit?

yup.
 Cerberus.Tzaellia
user: Tzaellia
By Cerberus.Tzaellia 2013-02-20 10:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

sceptre said: »
I did not use future or razed for iratham like i said i only recently come back and figured i would post up.

Iratham i used zenith,DG and Stout,

Aeyela said: »
LEGS: Iratham = Timed Spawn at 20:00,Simple fight i used falcor and stuck paralyze(Choke Breath) on him everytime i had pettp.Only ability to watch for is shadow wreck and even that is easy,My reward timer had no problem keeping up.Can also have mulsum on back up incase.Stay out of the fight because of his AOE nukes etc.Sub anything.

[Citation Needed]

No offense but I have seen exceptionally geared BSTs using all the right Atmas get torn to shreds by Iratham. Shadow Wreck regularly one shots pets, avatars, puppets, whatever because it bypasses all forms of damage reduction - i.e., Ducal Guard is useless against it.

(And to clarify in advance, I base my judgement on your gear on your own comments about farming your Ferine set solo on BST.)

And:

POPS Every 15 mins as a pile of rubble on the floor

lol'd

I really dont no how you see exceptionally geared BST fail to this tho ,For me this was a breeze and also i would not take this over croin because croin takes a while to farm KI and also the fight takes a while,With iratham you can time when he is going to pop and then do other stuff in between and he also for me seemed to drop a +2 item more or less everytime i killed it.

Just followed Sceptre's advice and it very easy. I used DG/MC/Atma of the Twin Claw (Instead of Atma of the Future Fabulous, as I just got back into the game after 2years and haven't finished WotG yet).

Stood back past 30ft (yalms). I used Gooey for the extra Magic resist. Ran in, used pet's tp move, ran out. Only needed 5 Zeta biscuits.

Thanks for the tips Sceptre!
 Asura.Xceptre
Server: Asura
user: sceptre
By Asura.Xceptre 2013-02-21 09:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tzaellia said: »
I did not use future or razed for iratham like i said i only recently come back and figured i would post up.

Iratham i used zenith,DG and Stout,

Aeyela said: »
LEGS: Iratham = Timed Spawn at 20:00,Simple fight i used falcor and stuck paralyze(Choke Breath) on him everytime i had pettp.Only ability to watch for is shadow wreck and even that is easy,My reward timer had no problem keeping up.Can also have mulsum on back up incase.Stay out of the fight because of his AOE nukes etc.Sub anything.

[Citation Needed]

No offense but I have seen exceptionally geared BSTs using all the right Atmas get torn to shreds by Iratham. Shadow Wreck regularly one shots pets, avatars, puppets, whatever because it bypasses all forms of damage reduction - i.e., Ducal Guard is useless against it.

(And to clarify in advance, I base my judgement on your gear on your own comments about farming your Ferine set solo on BST.)

And:

POPS Every 15 mins as a pile of rubble on the floor

lol'd

I really dont no how you see exceptionally geared BST fail to this tho ,For me this was a breeze and also i would not take this over croin because croin takes a while to farm KI and also the fight takes a while,With iratham you can time when he is going to pop and then do other stuff in between and he also for me seemed to drop a +2 item more or less everytime i killed it.

Just followed Sceptre's advice and it very easy. I used DG/MC/Atma of the Twin Claw (Instead of Atma of the Future Fabulous, as I just got back into the game after 2years and haven't finished WotG yet).

Stood back past 30ft (yalms). I used Gooey for the extra Magic resist. Ran in, used pet's tp move, ran out. Only needed 5 Zeta biscuits.

Thanks for the tips Sceptre!

Np and goodluck with the rest =)
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-03-08 18:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to solo Odin v1? Not the summon fight but the actual v1. And if it is possible, is there specific requirement?
 Asura.Xceptre
user: sceptre
By Asura.Xceptre 2013-03-08 19:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Returner said: »
Is it possible to solo Odin v1? Not the summon fight but the actual v1. And if it is possible, is there specific requirement?

Well you need 6 to enter and this allows a 30m window of time to defeat odin.
If you enter with less then 6 then the timer is 10 mins and its not possible to solo him on bst in 10 mins.

you could possible have 5 members sit afk while you solo him tho and probably make the 30m window but thats kinda pointless,
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
By Toebag 2013-05-14 05:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably not a big deal, but I just solo'd Divine Might, using LuckyLulush

Cut it close! 11 seconds left on the clock!

Died stupidly early because my Dawn Muslum macro was faulty. And then I died again to Mijin Gakure whilst standing on the edge of the stairs.

Taru and Galka died from the same Whirl Claws, then Hume went down and Mithra shortly after. Finally, after it used Benediction for 4.5k i took down the Elvaan.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2013-05-14 06:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, awsome man. Did you fight alongside your pet for some of it or just sit back and mulsum?
By Toebag 2013-05-14 06:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I just sat back and spammed whirl claws as much as i could along side reward and muslums.

Was in red hp most of the time, but when it was only the Elvaan left I went in and smacked her about. Didn't fancy my chances with any potential AoE before that.
 Asura.Sava
user: savarrio
By Asura.Sava 2013-05-21 13:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just soloed Titlacuauan, used Gooey gerrardx2 because it used it's death move but other than that it was easy
[+]
 Bismarck.Artanticos
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Artanticos 2013-05-25 16:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to solo the Omega floors on bst? and Omega himself?
 Lakshmi.Deces
Server: Lakshmi
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2013-06-04 02:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed.
 Leviathan.Bartelby
By Leviathan.Bartelby 2013-06-04 16:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently solo-ed Aht Urhgan final fight. went /rdm and used Falcorr. First two Raubahn kills were easy but when 3rd rr-ed Raubahn came up immune to physical damage it got tricky. Used Glyph Axe for regain on pet, had Falcorr beat up on Razfahd for tp (until Razfahd used Perfect Defense), and used Choke Breath on Raubahn. After that it came down to slowly building tp for Falcorr using the Axe and the tp build from whatever melees/Eyes On Me Raubahn could land on Falcorr, Choke Breath when possible, DoTs on Raubahn from rdm sub, and, if you want to en-spell yourself and melee alongside pet, ride out your Snarl timer. Alexander is a breeze. Ended up using a stack of Zeta. It was slow and wouldn't recommend it, but possible to do within the 45 min time limit.
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2013-06-08 05:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Bartelby said: »
Recently solo-ed Aht Urhgan final fight. went /rdm and used Falcorr. First two Raubahn kills were easy but when 3rd rr-ed Raubahn came up immune to physical damage it got tricky. Used Glyph Axe for regain on pet, had Falcorr beat up on Razfahd for tp (until Razfahd used Perfect Defense), and used Choke Breath on Raubahn. After that it came down to slowly building tp for Falcorr using the Axe and the tp build from whatever melees/Eyes On Me Raubahn could land on Falcorr, Choke Breath when possible, DoTs on Raubahn from rdm sub, and, if you want to en-spell yourself and melee alongside pet, ride out your Snarl timer. Alexander is a breeze. Ended up using a stack of Zeta. It was slow and wouldn't recommend it, but possible to do within the 45 min time limit.

Not sure how close you got to timing out but it goes much faster as /SCH. Just have your pet melee Raubahn's 2nd form down to 60%ish HP, heel, and nuke/helix/drain the rest (Snarling as needed). This way he just gets a moderate PDT- on 3rd form instead of complete immunity.
 Siren.Hyabusa
Server: Siren
user: Hyabusa
By Siren.Hyabusa 2013-06-22 11:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I was romping about last night murdering some old ZNMs that I still had pops for.

The Chigre went down easy with Falcor, I think I healed him once. But Falcor will eventually get hit enough to be petrified. I just release and the fresh Falcor finished him off.

Then I went to take down Tinnin. I used a single 2 hour'ed Falcor, 3 Mulsums and about a stack and a half of Theta's. Try to keep him on the NMs back foot.

I'm hoping to finish off more old NMs that I never got the chance to fight at 75. Does anyone know if Dark Ixion or the Lambton worm fights are soloable now? Thanks.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-31 08:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Any one doing work since the new iLvl 115 Axe? I finally got mine so my mule can stop out dding me >.>. Wondering what people are doing that they couldn't before with ease???
By Balias 2013-08-18 04:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a strategy for soloing Orthrus? I've never fought him so I'm a noob blind to what to expect from him. I was thinking of going with Gerard or Falcorr.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-08-18 04:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

gerard with future fab/dg/rr for safe mode

falcorr with rr/dg/viscitude for quicker is what i did
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2013-08-18 06:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Any one doing work since the new iLvl 115 Axe? I finally got mine so my mule can stop out dding me >.>. Wondering what people are doing that they couldn't before with ease???

In terms of older content, I've had a much easier time soloing Lost Fairy Ring. Even iLvl 114 FaithfulFalcorr resists his breath attacks to a degree and usually only takes 96~111 damage. For comparison, DiscreetLouise takes ~40-56 damage without any Pet: DT- gear equipped.

After enmity was secured onto DiscreetLouise, didn't bother wearing any pet-focused gear. Ruinators were 1500-2500 damage. Fight duration was a little under 5 mins - used 1 Dawn Mulsum and 3 Zetas.
By Balias 2013-08-19 19:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
gerard with future fab/dg/rr for safe mode

falcorr with rr/dg/viscitude for quicker is what i did

Thanks, I will give it a try.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2013-08-25 20:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo'd the GEO AF1 fight. After the first 50% it's just all about out-running Extremely Bad Breath. XD
[+]
 Asura.Izilder
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-09-12 07:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

could bsts duo BV2 bcnm? if so what pets would be best.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30