Link | Quote | Reply

Were you using the new pet stat food?
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-15 14:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I did for the easy fight, for the VE fight I just used a RCB. I did a checkparam during the fight and I think my pet had 896 acc and didn't seem like he was missing much so I may have over estimated how much acc I needed for the fight.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-05-15 18:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Gessho Mijin Gakure just once, and at low %, like Hume AA?
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-15 19:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

He's only done it once a fight so far. Once at 33% and 21%. Did just under 800 dmg each time.
[+]
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-16 19:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Legacy of the lost II (E)

YouTube Video Placeholder

This was my run from a few days ago on easy difficulty.

Random notes on the fight

- Has high magic resistance. Don't use molting plummage for unleash spam.
- Standard yagudo moves
- Randomly teleports behind you and uses 1 TP move. It is not hate reset and will resume attacking your pet after TP move.
- 1 AOE move from 100-50%; shibaruku blockable with shadows. Takes 1-3 shadows
- 3 AOE moves from 50-0%; same one as above and gains another low damage one that that looks like a cyclone. Goes through and wipes shadows. Inflicts silence, mag and def down. Bring echo drops or remedies
- Uses Majin Gakure I believe under 40%. Fairly low damage. 700-800 damage in half ilvl gear with shell
- Summons clones throughout the fight. 100-50% they disappear after TP move. Under 50% you need to target and kill the yagudo that shows his HP. The rest will disappear after that.

As for my normal difficulty run. I did 2 failed runs with both timing out at 32% and 20%. You need a decent amount of accuracy. About 980 accuracy from what I saw was optimal. Unfortunately I sacrifice too much dps to get my accuracy that high. Majin gakure only did 1100 on normal difficulty. I still believe it's possible but I'll need to get a better accuracy set that doesn't sacrifice so much dps.

EDIT:
[+]
 Asura.Velderin
Server: Asura
user: JunkyFX
By Asura.Velderin 2014-05-19 03:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I am so jealous how awesome you are Phunkism! :) Excellent job!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bardiel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Bardiel
By Ragnarok.Bardiel 2014-05-27 11:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Greetings, fellow Beastmasters!

Longtime lurker, I think this is my first post to the BST forums.

I've been following this particular thread with great interest. The only problem I'm having is wondering someone with less than ilevel 119 gear could possibly bang out Very Easy or Easy hard mode battlefields.

Schedule permitting, I game pretty casually now so don't get a lot of opportunities to farm events that'd garner tons of 119 gear or gil to 119 up reforged relic and/or artifact armor.

To wit, /checkparam shows my average item level in my TP set at 114. I've a specific goal to make an Arktoi, which once main-handed should certainly improve my capabilities.

Given the limited data I've provided, I'd love to hear suggestions or confirmation (without wasting a pop) that I could get some of these done - and recommendations which ones of course!

Thanks in advance!
By kenshynofshiva 2014-05-27 12:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bst solo is about the main hand weapon and relic gloves +2 get a 119 or 117 and with the pink bird VE should be do able. Your total gear avg doesn't effect your pet just your main hand weapon and monster gloves +2/ankusa let your pet do most of the work..
 Ragnarok.Bardiel
By Ragnarok.Bardiel 2014-05-27 13:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

True and valid point, Kenshyn, however the keys to success involve me getting involved with my pet unlike classic fights. It could mean the difference between having to spam pet food and ride Reward timers or the mob dying to a squarely placed Ruinator across the skull - something that won't happen if I can't hit the mob.

That being said, I've got Hunahpu main hand and call pets using Anuska Gloves (109).

I've punched gear I've access to into spreadsheets and optimized as best I can. I'll post gear sets if you, collectively, would like to examine them. They aren't pretty but functional.

Thanks for replying, Kenshyn, I certainly appreciate it. :)
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-27 13:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If your goal are VE battlefields then the gear requirements are pretty lax. You need very little accuracy for those fights except for AAMR. An ilvl 117 axe with RoE gear you should be able to clear most of the battlefields on VE. I've always had an ilvl 119 axe when trying so at worst you may need a sushi or shiromochi to cap accuracy.

Easy difficulty fights are a bit of hit or miss on the gear requirements. A fight like AAGK on easy you still don't need much accuracy but if you don't kill him fast enough you might end up using a lot of resources. Generally you need mid acc set for easy fights with 2-3 accuracy pieces in your tp/ws set. Easy to obtain acc pieces would be gorney +1 body and feet and Buremte gloves. Long term must have acc pieces would be hurch'lan sash, yaoyotl helm and kerehcatl.
 Ragnarok.Bardiel
By Ragnarok.Bardiel 2014-05-27 14:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phunkism, thanks for the reply and the suggestions for my accuracy concerns. As I'd mentioned, my gear sets are below. If you click the headers, I've left them Public and commented everything that would require explainatons (augments, possible swaps).

My current TP set:
ItemSet 324110
(I've got Buremte Gloves if I need to swap them in for more accuracy)

Ruinator set (no clue why FFXIAH reverses Hunahpu and Hatxiik, Hunahpu is mainhand):
ItemSet 324112
(just got the pair of earrings, was shocked they spreadsheet higher damage vs Brutal/Suppa in this setup)

Pet Attack/Acc/-PDT:
ItemSet 324113
(My current debate in the item set's comment: whether to swap Ferine Quijotes +2 for Totemic Trousers, trading Stout Servant for Pet: Attack+20 - I tend to err on the side of caution, hence the Ferine)

Thank you all again, I appreciate the suggestions.

P.S. Just saw the discussion about Gorney+1 spreadsheeting better for Ruinator in the BST Gear Sets thread - as soon as I get some I'll update my set accordingly.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-27 15:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you worry too much :) Your gear is perfectly fine for someone who has limited play time. You probably already know what you equipment you need but I would prioritize

1) Switch out body piece for Gorney +1. Will be an upgrade in your tp set and you can also use it for your ruinator set
2) Get an ilvl 119 axe. You've already said you were working on this.
3) In AA fights you'll want to use your Miki gaunlets vs boor bracelets. Make a seperate ws macro for a mid acc ruinator set
4) You have 31% haste in your set. Replace your belt with (low cost) windbuffet belt or (higher cost) patentia sash
5) Gorney +1 pants is an upgrade to outrider pants in ruinator set. For easy difficutly AA fights you'll want a pair of miki pants for your ruinator set.

As for your pet set I have two pet macros that switch to pet dps where I have pet haste and attack gear and another where it's strictly a meatshield macro with pet def etc. I rarely use my pet sets though due to the time constraints in current content. I may switch to it when I'm running out of range of an aoe but that's the extent of it these days.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bardiel
By Ragnarok.Bardiel 2014-05-27 15:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you're right. Mainly because I'd rather bet on a sure thing than waste merits due to time constraints. :) BST over the years has never failed to surprise me, but seemed to wane in usefulness with the advent of ilevel gear. This thread in particular has restored a lot of my faith in the awesomeness of our shared job. :)

Thankfully, today is a day off, so I've finally got a ton of time to devote to upgrades. Addressing the suggestions you've given, I've already obtained Gorney +1 body, legs and feet and incorporated them into my Ruinator set. Looks good too! \o/ I'll most likely spreadsheet Windbuffet vs Patentia first and work on mid-acc sets afterward.

119 Axe is going to be a while... claw's pricey here on the Rag.

I probably wasn't very clear which high level battlefields I was interested in. It's certainly good to know my gear is perfectly acceptable for AA fights, but I'm more interested in Tenzen, Gessho, Ouryu, Puppet In Peril, and the Jeunoan Ducal pains in the ***. lol
By Heimdel 2014-06-17 14:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So has anyone tried using the hq jugs yet? I made a couple of the crab ones but bst is to outdated to test properly. I can't see them being very common since the nq synth level is so high that getting hq with the ingreds needed is going be low. at 107 + 5+rings out of 5 stacks of ingreds between synergy/crystal synths only got 4 hq jugs. Also any idea what the new food does?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-06-17 15:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

New food info is here.

New Jug Pet info is here. They all have natural caps of 119 and possess increased DEF/Max HP.

Also, 100% agree that HQing the recipes sucks balls.
 Seraph.Ryden
Server: Seraph
user: Ryden
By Seraph.Ryden 2014-06-17 20:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the stuff for hq bird. I made about 10 of 'em out of 4 stacks of mats or so. Get 2 per hq 1 synth, so while not terrible, not really fun to hq.
numbers are a tad off because of Arktoi & Hunahphu

I'm going to screw around with it getting some merits for bcs but figured I'd share, (since the link Falkirk posted only has hq pig and hopper)
[+]
 Asura.Razorbeast
Server: Asura
user: barkley1
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-06-17 20:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks crappy; ready for the next update.

Hopefully the July update will add better pets.
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Server: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2014-06-17 21:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

As an interesting tidbit, with the June 2014 update, Hunahpu can now be augmented with Enmity -10. That particular buff is unique to Kumhua's KI (Flashfrost paragon). Also, the shared buffs among all KIs are not too bad either. Accuracy +30 or "Occasionally Attacks Twice" (the latter being the likely choice for many people).
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-06-17 21:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ryden said: »
numbers are a tad off because of Arktoi & Hunahphu

Cool, thanks for posting the stats. :D
So, correcting for Hunahpu/Arktoi bonuses (the Arktoi is only giving Pet: Attack +18 because he shares the same innate -10% Attack Penalty as Ibuki), SwoopingZhivago has:
Code
Level      Accuracy    Attack    Evasion     Defense
 115          732        651        669        692
 117          754        681        698        724
 119          786        709        727        756

And for comparison, AttentiveIbuki had:
Code
Level      Accuracy    Attack    Evasion     Defense
 115          732        651        669        624
 117          754        681        698        653
 119          786        709        727        682

Similar to the other HQ jug pets, SwoopingZhivago has his innate Defense Penalty lessened (from 10% -> 0% in this case). And presumably his Max HP has increased also. Guess that's all we have to look forward to with these new pets, haha.
 Seraph.Ryden
Server: Seraph
user: Ryden
By Seraph.Ryden 2014-06-17 22:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I can't say much besides eyeballing, but the stats were pretty much the same, though it seems to have a little bit more hp, not enough to really justify the increase in price most likely. The only plus I can see is a potential higher pet cap if we go up in ilvl vs Ibuki. That would be the only draw I can see atm. I'm most likely to toss the rest of the jugs on my mule and just use up the 8 or so stacks of regulars I ended up with first
[+]
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-06-17 22:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

On the bright side verboshroom now drops from the funguars in cirdas and sih gates so prices will be going down for swirling broth.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-07-20 11:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Head Wind II (VE)

YouTube Video Placeholder

Finally managed to do this one on bst. Tough fight due to not having a good pet to use for it. X and Z are piercing damage so your bird pet isn't up to the task. Crab pet did ok when I used it but I settled on having a better unleash opening with the rabbet pet. Breakga is a huge problem. X repawns his rabbit pretty fast so it's probably best to just try to take X down and ignore the rabbit. Just run out of range when he casts it.
[+]
By Choerilos 2014-07-28 10:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

How would BST do against (normal) Dynamis Lord? Couldn't find him in this topic, and pretty much only info on SMN soloing him online. Would it be possible with an Arktoi and letting the pet (whichever one is best, I haven't played BST in a long time) do most of the work?

I almost soloed him during a throwaway attempt on THF while bored but BST would probably have a better chance of actually getting through the last bit.

Edit: How is Azdaja nowadays? While his endoom still sounds nasty, I expect it hardly hits pets nowadays?

Edit2: Just tried both enemies with limited preperations.
Dynamis Lord was terrible because the pet kept switching targets which I should have thought about. Got it to slightly under 50% before time started to become an issue and I decided not to waste any more food/mulsums.
Azdaja was easy, Ibuki didnt go below 95% so no food needed. Ibuki did die to doom a few seconds after the fight ended so keeping call beast macro handy might be wise. Might remove ducal guard for another DD atma in the future to hurry things up, fight lasted slightly under 15min now I think.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-08-01 15:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Dyna Lord is a breeze if you have unleash available with a rabbit pet. If you want to kill him without your 1 hour it's still pretty easy but you still have a chance of losing. Under 20% ish he'll split into clones and use tera slash which will one shot your pet more often than not. From there you'll just have to call another pet and zerg him down and hope he doesn't cast death or do more tera slashes with your callbeast on cooldown.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [116 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-11-26 02:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a nice Tenzen glitch.

- have pet be in stay mode for 99% of the fight
- have pet attack tenzen
- Taru's attack pet and pet jumps wall to attack tarus
- tenzen turns yellow since pet is on a different level and/or because attacking different mob
- Use molting plummage
- molting plummage conal hits tenzen
- tenzen dies unclaimed due to aoe
- lose treasure pool except personal one

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-26 03:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

That isn't something exclusive to the Tenzen battle, it's a bad mechanic that has existed for years.

He died unclaimed and wasn't the target of the attack, and drops have no one to fall to, etc.

It's not easy to accomplish when actual players do AoE kills, different story with pets, though.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30