Asura.Velderin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: JunkyFX
By Asura.Velderin 2014-05-07 04:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Phunkism said: »
Phunkism

What Plug-ins are you using and are you using Spellcast? That chat log is pretty slick.

--a little off topic I know... lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-05-07 07:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Velderin said: »
What Plug-ins are you using and are you using Spellcast? That chat log is pretty slick.

Pretty sure he's using Battlemod for the chat log modification.

Siren.Bruno said: »
I'm not sure if this would be considered an accomplishment but I thought I'd post it here anyway. just getting back into BST, was pretty well geared from VW era but any gear from SoA I have is mainly RoE/Bayld stuff :d Finished with 10~15 seconds left, so it was kinda hype at the end for me

Wicked, nicely done. :D

Odin.Phunkism said: »
This fight went much easier than the Marjami T2. The trick is to leave your pet in stay mode facing the opposite direction of the NM. This pretty much eliminates any chance of your pet going down.

Regarding the Sinaa solo - since your pet is sitting there, taking hits the whole time and not able to use Ready moves, do you suppose AttentiveIbuki would be a better option for tanking on this one? :)

Awesome job by the way, thanks for the video.
[+]
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-07 11:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Velderin said: »

--a little off topic I know... lol

It's battlemod and I use windower macros with everything + G15/G600 keyboard and mouse.

Falkirk said:
Regarding the Sinaa solo - since your pet is sitting there, taking hits the whole time and not able to use Ready moves, do you suppose AttentiveIbuki would be a better option for tanking on this one? :)

Absolutely! There's a shortage of bird pets on odin the past week and a half. Only 2 stacks have been sold. I don't have cooking leveled so I've been rationing my bird pets. Mostly for AA fights.
[+]
By nyheen 2014-05-07 13:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Well neither then is having a pet? Most Trusts are absolutely useless, exceptions being the buffbots. Keeping them alive is enough the user's onus as to make it 'solo-ish' in my book. Claiming solo when dualboxing is an entirely different story; you're just arguing semantics.

that pet is his because.... he using one job, but calling out something like a npc is not using your job abilities. even it tells you when you call out the trust npc it said "party" not "solo" and no daulboxing dont count also that 2 jobs not 1.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2014-05-07 14:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people are so averse to the achievements of others. What a pathetic argument to start...

I guess all the Ark Angel solos are invalid because they used FoV Reraise/Protect/Shell too.
By nyheen 2014-05-07 14:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Some people are so averse to the achievements of others. What a pathetic argument to start...

I guess all the Ark Angel solos are invalid because they used FoV Reraise/Protect/Shell too.
no argument, just correcting you,

this is a real solo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUHgcwz4JZg

this...?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKSgI-380j8
is not
if people calling these "soloing videos" then maybe iam getting to old.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-07 14:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a good argument to have. Trust NPC's are a fairly new thing and people aren't really sure how to react to them. I can pop a potion that lets me have 100 tp; I'm not a samurai. I can talk to a book and get shell/protect/reraise; I'm not a whm. I can equip some boots that give me flee; I'm not a thf. Where do you draw this arbitrary line?

I can use all of these abilities that aren't exclusive to my job. These are abilities that we all can use. You can make the argument that video 1 is a traditional solo whereas video 2 is a 2014 style solo. The game has changed. It was summed up earlier in this thread already. Solo = One player playing one account. That's my stance on the argument anyways.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-05-07 15:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Using items isn't the same as an NPC tossing a cure on you when you otherwise might have died without it. That's what some people have issues with when it comes to soloing with trust.

I can understand the point from both sides, and I don't disagree with either side, as I said in my earlier post, I just have a different opinion on what solo means. To me its just you on your chosen job, with whatever that chosen job has to offer. And a jug pet isnt the same as trust npcs.
By Ravenn42 2014-05-07 15:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If the people actually complaining by you using the word SOLO in your video could actually kill the NmS themselves I could maybe agree than. If they had a video showing Themselves fighting the mob without trust npc and we're then saying this is a a real solo well OK
.. But it's a bit childish calling you out like we need REAL clarification what a solo is.....

Good job phunk keep posting videos they are very helpful.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-05-07 15:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Using items isn't the same as an NPC tossing a cure on you when you otherwise might have died without it.

You could say the same thing about using a Vile Elixir though.
[+]
By nyheen 2014-05-08 00:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
If the people actually complaining by you using the word SOLO in your video could actually kill the NmS themselves I could maybe agree than. If they had a video showing Themselves fighting the mob without trust npc and we're then saying this is a a real solo well OK
.. But it's a bit childish calling you out like we need REAL clarification what a solo is.....

lot of people solo many NMs way before them trust npc came out, it nothing new, in time people find out different strategies and it always gonna be some odd epic guy that beat X NM the next few weeks or so.
all iam saying is if i turn on the tv and wanna watch something said "girl soloing".. i wanna see just her not some threesome or orgy!
 Asura.Kormak
user: kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2014-05-08 02:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Using items isn't the same as an NPC tossing a cure on you when you otherwise might have died without it.

Please explain to me how taking 10s to use an item, where you cannot perform another action, is the same as getting a cure 5 from a WHM.

nyheen said: »

all iam saying is if i turn on the tv and wanna watch something said "girl soloing".. i wanna see just her not some threesome or orgy!
lol
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-05-08 09:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kormak said: »

Please explain to me how taking 10s to use an item, where you cannot perform another action, is the same as getting a cure 5 from a WHM.

It doesn't take 10 seconds to use a vile elixir - and besides, it was just an example. The point is, it's an item that can change the outcome of a battle, in exactly the same way a Trust NPC can. Whether you use items (elixirs, poison pots, echo drops) to extend your survivability, gearswaps, book-buffs, Trust NPC's, or a combination of the above, it really makes no difference. Either way, you're using game mechanics to your advantage.

My definition of "solo" is: the ability to accomplish a task without the involvement of other people. As far as I'm concerned, Trust NPC's, items, even dual-boxing (not that I do it) count as solo - if it gets the job done.

The only real problem people seem to have with the definition of "solo" is when it comes to bragging rights. Hey, if you can accomplish the same task with fewer items, no NPC's, etc etc, then great for you - but personally, I don't care. My only interest is getting the task done.
By Ravenn42 2014-05-08 09:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

nyheen said: »
Ravenn42 said: »

lot of people solo many NMs way before them trust npc came out, it nothing new, in time people find out different strategies and it always gonna be some odd epic guy that beat X NM the next few weeks or so.

Like said before this is 2014... and if you can solo the nm with out trust put that video up and contribute to the thread. We are smart enough to not need clarification on what should be considered a real solo... Think of it as the girl you are talking about bringing in some toys, because hey they might not be the real thing but they get the job done when she is ALONE.
[+]
 Asura.Kormak
user: kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2014-05-08 09:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My definition of "solo" is: the ability to accomplish a task without the involvement of other people. As far as I'm concerned, Trust NPC's, items, even dual-boxing (not that I do it) count as solo - if it gets the job done.

Ok, so just to confirm, Comeatmebro 9boxing Tojil was a solo because they were all his characters?

If that's the case then all these solo 1 Delve NM are pathetic when people can solo VD Divine Might and Delve 2 5+MB >_>

On topic, I think any kills over the new delve mobs on BST is impressive but due to the gimmicks there are only a very limited number they can attempt. If someone defeats some of the other Kamihr Drift NM's on BST even with Trusts, I would be very impressed.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-05-08 09:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, Vile Elixir's are rare, most you can carry is an NQ and a HQ, once they`re gone that's it. Unless your npc`s run out of MP you`ll have endless cures.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-05-08 10:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

My definition of solo is solely only one human person is at the controls getting the job done. The key is getting the job done without needing extra humans how ever you did it which is always what I love to hear about.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-05-08 10:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I don't see why folks are getting their feathers ruffled over the semantics of what the word "soloing" means, and what it is defined by.

Who cares?

I understand this is an online forum specifically for being vocal about opinions and whatnot, but what I don't understand is why people care about something that doesn't concern them, nor does it affect their gameplay experience in any way shape or form.

But, for the sake of the recent debate/argument, let's briefly look at my example.

• I solo Ark Angels HM, EV, GK and MR on BST using pets, dawn mulsums, biscuits, FOV protect, shell and regen. I am essentially a WHM to my Pets. I do not have access to Cure spells and other beneficial buffs from a mage.

• I solo Ark Angel TT on SCH not using FOV because I buff myself with protect, shell and regen. I have full access to all manner of curative and beneficial spells. I also have a vile and vile+1 on-hand for an unforseen "Oh crap!" situation.

Are both of the above scenarios not considered "soloing"? What if we could use Trusts in AA fights. Does that diminish the perception of what a solo actually since simply because the manner in which the buffs are being received isn't to someones liking?

Here's my final view on it..

• BST using Trusts + Pet on Plaguevein Bats

Vs.
  • RDM using Trusts on Plagevein Bats

Would the RDM even attempt the fight against that NM alone? If the RDM was incapable of defeating the Plaguevein Bats alone, but could using Trusts, then this entire "soloing" nonsense has answered itself.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-05-08 10:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, Vile Elixir's are rare, most you can carry is an NQ and a HQ, once they`re gone that's it. Unless your npc`s run out of MP you`ll have endless cures.

Once again, it was an example. Not a definitive list.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-05-08 10:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

Would the RDM even attempt the fight against that NM alone? If the RDM was incapable of defeating the Plaguevein Bats alone, but could using Trusts, then this entire "soloing" nonsense has answered itself.

This is what I've been getting at for ages. Trust npc`s enable you to kill some things that you otherwise wouldn't even try. Is it still soloing when you "need" those npc`s before you're capable of killing something? If thats still solo then so is dualboxing.
By Ravenn42 2014-05-08 10:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest 2 a bit you could say dawn Muslims are not solo since you can use as many as you want with no timer.

You want them 2 say solo w/ trust so it makes you feel better?

Solo to me is by yourself with whatever tools you have. Trust allows you to solo things you couldn't otherwise if used properly I'm sure. To make ones argument BETTER go solo phunk nm without trust and then come back here and say THATS How it's done....

otherwise you are just derailing a good thread. I like his videos and I consider them solo you don't who cares let's move on...
By nyheen 2014-05-08 11:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

the impossible can turn into the possible over time, atleast one of them new delve NMs people will learn how to solo it. most of the older ones it already some videos of people doing them, soon or later someone will put out ones on the new ones.

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Here's my final view on it..

BST using Trusts + Pet on Plaguevein Bats
Vs.
RDM using Trusts on Plagevein Bats

let find out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnlw_45MCzc

No comment
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-08 12:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are going off on a tangent here. I can do both NM's without trust NPC's. They are the two easiest NM's in Delve II. My main point is; Why should I?

Your argument is - Not a solo because you're being supported by outside abilities

My argument is - It is a solo because they are my ability

Why should I put artificial limiters on like that. The whole point of a solo is to take down something you shouldn't be able to. You go through your bag of tools to find out what you need and you use that to overcome your challenge.

When abyssea was still a thing people would solo NM's without atmas. They put on artificial limiters to challenge themselves. Which is fine. But that isn't the standard. Some people limit their tools to create challenges for themselves. I'd rather use all my tools to find something more challenging instead.
[+]
By Meeeeeep 2014-05-08 14:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference between using items/using trusts is that when using items such as potions, TP wings, Powders: You are using these things yourself, taking time away from performing another action, also adding multitasking components.
Trust NPCs just do ***for you, it's completely different. Even BST/SMN/PUP manage their pets to varying degrees, Trust is automatic.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-05-08 14:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Reaching hard
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-05-08 14:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

BST isn't solo anyway, since you have a pet. ;>
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-15 00:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Puppet in Peril II (VE)

YouTube Video Placeholder

There aren't any big gimmicks you need to overcome in this fight. The BC starts off a bit differently than the original fight. You need to take care of 5 trash mobs before Lancelord Gaheel Ja spawns. He spawns once the 5th mob goes down. He has pretty high defense. Normal attacks were doing 30-40 dmg per swing and Ruinators were only doing 700-1000 dmg. I had to make a WS set for Primal rend to not time out. Primal rends were doing normal damage at around 1000-1800 damage. Same with molting plummage. Seems to take normal damage from magical moves.

From 100-50% health he's pretty easy. Uses pld skills flash, cure, protect, shell. Standard Wivre moves. Uses a move called fire angon which I believe is a target centered AOE. I never got hit by it but I was standing at max range at 5.8'.

From 50%-25%, he replaces Fire angon with Blazing Angon. Goes through but doesn't take away shadows. This is where you have to start moving. It has a long start time so I moved back to around 10' to avoid it. I subbed nin for the fight. Not sure if the move is stunnable. If it is, dnc might be a better sub choice. Blazing angon inflicts defense down if you're hit with it.

From 25%-0% he replaces Blazing Angon with "Special Attack" (Think battlemod is messing with me). Same type of attack but causes amnesia and takes half of your TP away I believe. He spams this every 10 seconds. Avoided it the same as Blazing angon. Just watch your chat and back off to 10' when he activates it.

All in all wasn't too bad of a fight once you see all of his phases. Finished with 27 mins on the clock. With enough practice and a better primal rend ws set you could probably get sub 25 min times.
[+]
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-15 02:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just recorded a VE run of legacy of the lost II. The fight is extremely easy. Definately on farm status. Not going to bother youtube'ing that run. As long as mijin gakure doesn't one shot me he should be doable on easy difficulty. Maybe even normal difficulty if he doesn't get too evasive.

[+]
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-15 14:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Managed to do Legacy of the lost II on easy difficulty. Finished in under 16 minutes. I'm really thinking this one can be done on normal difficulty. I'll give it a try after work today.

First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30