BST solos
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2013-09-12 07:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It kind of goes without saying, but Vrtra is a complete joke with iLvl gear these days. Takes maybe 15 mins and 3 theta's, very possibly less but I was topping off DY whenever she fell below 70% so a fair amount of reward potency was wasted.
[+]
By Luthiene 2013-09-12 12:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Can BST solo JoL ?
 Lakshmi.Mithradee
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mithradee
By Lakshmi.Mithradee 2013-09-12 12:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

With the right gear/pet and keep food and mus for the o ***moments. I think yes. Have duoed it with another bst a few times and when my pet ends up tanking full time cause they just let there pet die and wait on recast I do fine. I go with dipper usually but have never tried solo. Might have to now that I have a ton of pops building up.

Edit: Have not fought him since the updates and am guessing with the new axes levels and pet levels it will probably be cake to do as solo.
By Luthiene 2013-09-12 13:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the quick Reply, Mithradee. Do you just let pet tank JoL or do u kill the pets too?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Daemonarch
Server: Asura
By Asura.Daemonarch 2013-09-13 03:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Can bst solo jormy? Was jw cuz i wanna sKill up staff and his staff is awesome for that I'm assuming.
 Siren.Murdock
Server: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2013-09-13 08:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daemonarch said: »
Can bst solo jormy? Was jw cuz i wanna sKill up staff and his staff is awesome for that I'm assuming.

Easily.
 Asura.Izilder
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-09-13 09:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

so is that a yes or no to Bv2 bcnm ?
By Somma 2013-09-14 05:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Do JoL pet automatically attack you if ur within thier range like JoJ pets or do they completely focus on ur pet?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-09-14 08:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Somma said: »
Do JoL pet automatically attack you if ur within thier range like JoJ pets or do they completely focus on ur pet?
They focus on your pet.

Personally, I would kill JoL pets when they pop because they are really weak and does not take more than 3 hits to kill them...

Heck, your pet could stay on JoL and you yourself pull the pets off one at a time.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-09-14 08:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Somma said: »
They focus on your pet.

Personally, I would kill JoL pets when they pop because they are really weak and does not take more than 3 hits to kill them...

Heck, your pet could stay on JoL and you yourself pull the pets off one at a time.

further on this with new delve pieces optimal bst tp set floors pet acc on you happy hunting
By Zoltar 2013-09-15 10:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Murdock said: »

Easily.

Which pet works best?
 Siren.Murdock
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2013-09-15 11:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Siren.Murdock said: »

Easily.

Which pet works best?

Dipper or Falcorr.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-15 12:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Izilder said: »
so is that a yes or no to Bv2 bcnm ?

Considering the main strategy for Bv2 solo is zerg before it can call adds, BST should be more than capable at this stage, but straight pet fight would be counter productive whether it's possible or not. The adds share initial hate with Bahamut, though, so using a pet to hold adds while you finish off Bahamut might be reasonable, someone with more experience with pet enmity would have a better idea.

I solo'd Bv2 on RDM kite nuking (almost timed out and had to finish with chainspell and a couple vile elixirs) and duo'd with a SCH for buffs on WAR with MS resolution. It's probably one of the few "challenging" solo's from the 75 era.
By Zoltar 2013-09-15 12:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer doing Bv2 with another BST or any partner. Pretty sure you still can't hit him if he goes in the air. Helps to have a nuking partner
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-15 12:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
I prefer doing Bv2 with another BST or any partner. Pretty sure you still can't hit him if he goes in the air. Helps to have a nuking partner

Considering the hassle of getting a monarch orb, having a safety net is nice. He can go back to back tetraflare or Giga > Fire V > Tetra around 15%, but I'd imagine the amount of magic EVA available now along with Shellra V should make that less of an issue.

He may only have ~25K HP, but he can still punch out a decent amount of damage in a very short time by himself, having an add out can be pretty tricky.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2013-09-19 06:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Been farming Dyna-Tav for the last couple of days so I decided to have a pop at Diablos for fun. First attempt was a bust, spawned Diablos heart which can instacast death, second attempt popped Diamond which while mostly harmless managed to take down Falcorr at about 30% thanks to... something.

To shake things up I called in Scissorleg Xerin for a change, which proceeded to smash Diablos up and take virtually no damage in the process. Hypersleep didn't stick well and the bio took very little hp.

Fun solo, even if like Vrtra its just for the title really these days.
[+]
 Siren.Cfro
user: cfro
By Siren.Cfro 2013-09-21 11:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone tried arch-omega?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [224 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Phunkism
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-03 02:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Plaguevein Bats (outside delve)

YouTube Video Placeholder

The video makes it look like a cakewalk but I had a lot of difficulties getting everything right with this solo. I tried for the first time a few weeks ago with the tulfaire pet. He really was not up for the task with the triple jet stream. It was manageable with a pet pdef set but the problem of actually hitting the NM came up. Eventually gave up after 50% and 15+ mulsums used and ported out.

Thought of using the crab pet after a shortage of tulfaire pets for sale on odin the past week. He worked great and wasn't a drain on resources. I went in my full acc set I used for a easy MR run with 1018 acc after sushi. Unfortunately the full acc set did not put out enough dps and I timed out with him at 10% ish.

Modified my mid acc set and got it down to 950 acc after sushi and that's the run you see in the vid. Resources used were about 1.5 stacks of thetas and 5-6 mulsums. Switch out to your pet pdef set everytime you see a jet stream comming and you should be ok. Use scissor guard when ever it's up as it really helps with the jet streams. Your pets accuracy is extremely poor so most of his tp will come from getting hit.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-05-03 07:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Using a party of trust NPC`s isnt solo btw, but good job on the kill.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-03 12:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd still consider it a solo. It's very much an avatar summon and it's available to everyone. If I had to pay an extra 15 dollars a month to do it I wouldn't call it a solo.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-05-03 12:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally don't think it is. It makes no difference if everyone has access to them, point is, they cure and buff you, something thats helpful during a fight, and something you wouldn't have otherwise if you were doing the same thing without them.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-03 13:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I respectfully disagree. I'd agree that it's something extremely helpful but trust NPC's are now currently an extension of your own abilities. You could say the same about my pet. I wouldn't have the ability to tank otherwise if I were doing the same thing without him. But I do have the ability to summon my pet just like I have the ability to summon an npc that casts haste on me or heals me.
[+]
 Siren.Attaxia
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2014-05-03 13:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo = one person playing one account.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-05-03 13:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm not going to get into an argument over it, lets just say we have different opinions on what solo means and leave it at that.

Goodjob killing those bats, I`ve yet to try them myself, only solo`d Raptor atm, tried Jagil last night but it didn't end well once he started spamming Kaustra.
[+]
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-03 13:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done Sinaa the coeurl mob in Kamhir on pup. He didn't do the gaze death attack too often which makes me think it's doable on bst. I might try that next but I remember having problems dishing out enough damage in 20 mins and just barely killed him in time. Might have a harder time on bst.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-05-06 23:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sinaa - Kamhir Drifts Delve T3

YouTube Video Placeholder

This fight went much easier than the Marjami T2. The trick is to leave your pet in stay mode facing the opposite direction of the NM. This pretty much eliminates any chance of your pet going down. Hate is a bit wonky at the beginning but once you can WS without him turning then you winning is just a matter of time.

Resources used were about a stack of theta's and 0 mulsums.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2014-05-07 00:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this would be considered an accomplishment but I thought I'd post it here anyway. just getting back into BST, was pretty well geared from VW era but any gear from SoA I have is mainly RoE/Bayld stuff :d Finished with 10~15 seconds left, so it was kinda hype at the end for me

[+]
By nyheen 2014-05-07 02:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry but don't think having a party full of npc is call a solo. more like you quad it. other then that nice videos.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2014-05-07 03:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

nyheen said: »
sorry but don't think having a party full of npc is call a solo. more like you quad it. other then that nice videos.
Well neither then is having a pet? Most Trusts are absolutely useless, exceptions being the buffbots. Keeping them alive is enough the user's onus as to make it 'solo-ish' in my book. Claiming solo when dualboxing is an entirely different story; you're just arguing semantics.

Odin.Phunkism said: »
The trick is to leave your pet in stay mode facing the opposite direction of the NM.
No point having Hunahpu in the offhand then? Or is that 119?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30