BST solos
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 28 29 30
 Bismarck.Astelion
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rubiemoon
By Bismarck.Astelion 2013-01-22 19:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What if you bring someone to just use low lv thunder on it until it reaches max level? Saves the headache of zombieing. And around how many times does it have to level up to max out?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2013-01-22 20:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This sounds pretty solid. You would also have access to Dispel as /sch, yes? Wiki mentions that he sometimes resists/gains resistance to Dispel, but it would carry you through part of the battle.
 Sylph.Azarus
Server: Sylph
user: Azarus
By Sylph.Azarus 2013-01-22 20:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Astelion said: »
What if you bring someone to just use low lv thunder on it until it reaches max level? Saves the headache of zombieing. And around how many times does it have to level up to max out?

Of course that would be easier. However, I thought the idea here was to solo it. An idea would be to sub rdm or sch and use thunder1 on it over and over right at the start while your pet tanks, however, this is unlikely to be successful without temps as his immediate response is usually Fulmination which has a large enough range to rule out running away after casting. To carry through with this idea effectively, maybe you would want to pop a Fool's drink followed by a fool's powder or something while casting your thunder1 over and over; give you a couple mins to try and max his level out - - certainly worth trying although I always found it easier to just zombie it. I haven't done this since last summer/fall, but about 7-10 times if i remember correctly; it never took more than 5 minutes to get him leveled up.

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
This sounds pretty solid. You would also have access to Dispel as /sch, yes? Wiki mentions that he sometimes resists/gains resistance to Dispel, but it would carry you through part of the battle.

You have access to Dispel as /sch and plus the bonus to skill with Dark Arts up. The downside is losing the status ailment removal spells without Light Arts, and the 1min timer on Arts making swapping throughout the fight a little slow, but it may still be worth it considering his Regen is linked to Blaze Spikes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2013-01-22 20:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it would definitely be slow to switch Arts, and because you need Addendum: White and Addendum: Black for paralyna/dispel respectively, the 2-minute stratagem timer would be a major annoyance.
 Bismarck.Diki
user: Dharshi
By Bismarck.Diki 2013-01-22 20:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't you also just pull him to the cliff and cast from above avoiding Fulmination that way? Or am i recalling incorrectly?
 Sylph.Azarus
By Sylph.Azarus 2013-01-22 21:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Diki said: »
Couldn't you also just pull him to the cliff and cast from above avoiding Fulmination that way? Or am i recalling incorrectly?

Also a great idea. Supposedly when he is leveled up all the way, all of his TP moves are replaced with Fulmination, with the exception of when your pet is behind him. It might just be easier to just stand on top of the cliff and let your pet tank through thunder spells and Fulmination over and over again, because I assure getting in range to reposition your pet when it is starting out in front of him is pretty dangerous. You could make that transition unscathed with some careful timing and luck, or guaranteed with a Fools so that you aren't stopped in your tracks.

The killer with Apademak BST soloing isn't Fulmination, it's Lithic Breath. So in theory, the cliff strategy + just leaving your pet there to tank through Fulmination and Thunder spells would work in that it would save you from having to zombie and still win you the fight. However, without repositioning, expect an extremely long fight with your pet constantly stunned by Fulmination, and paralyzed, as opposed to having Plague and Bio fulltime.

Personally, considering these ideas we brought up, if I had to do it again I would try using the cliff strategy to level up Apademak, then kill myself in a spot between the cliff and the pop area so that I can catch him on the way back from behind. The whole idea with zombieing isn't just to level him up, its also that it's the safest way to reposition your pet without risking getting caught by Fulmination.

EDIT: 1-29-2013
Sylph.Azarus said: »
45-60min fight
Update from previous post - first time i've tried since getting Aymur last summer. Fight took 25min this time.
 Bahamut.Ofdensen
Server: Bahamut
user: Ofdensen
By Bahamut.Ofdensen 2013-01-29 05:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just back to report that I've got my BST to 99 and am very pleased with the results. BST can't solo everything, but damn near close enough for me to be glad that I got it to 99. Maybe now I can get all my Emp gear +2 and catch up to everyone after my long break from the game lol... Lots of catching up to do...
By sceptre 2013-01-29 19:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a little list i wanted to add up here for our fellow BST looking to solo your'e Empyrean,
This is the road i took and Solo everything.
I will try and add a little info also as i go that will help BST just hitting 99 cap.

Atmas i used Ducul Guard,Stout and Zenith , i used these to start because i recently come back to ffxi and they where easy for me to aquire.
Razed ruins,mounted champion and ducul guard is a more effecient way to take down these NM but i went with what i could get fast.

Anyway so down to the NM
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Ferine +1

HEAD: Mielikki = Very easy to farm pop from around the spawn area, Go ninja sub and melee with your pet,Make sure you are behind the mob and time your blinks around his Arbor Storm,If you do this right you wont lose any hp at all and its a easy fight.

BODY: Koios = Need to farm up to a colorfull Demilune and POP it this way.Stand back let your'e pet do all the fighting and prep(call-beast) incase he uses his 2HR,Which he can use more then once.Its very rare he uses this so you should be fine.

HANDS: Bugul Noz = By far the most annoying NM imo soloing in the +1 catagory.
He has a nasty poison attack, if you have mounted champion then it makes this fight easier and you can /dnc and time stuns on his petal attacks.If not then stand back and wait until after 50% and you can then run in during Petalback spin ,Make a couple of attacks then run out, rinse and repeat until you have TP then ruinator for more DPS.

LEGS: Sirrush = Easy farming pop item and a easy NM, Can stand behind and melee this with NP at all,Only thing to watch for is poping him as the links can be a problem,Sub /DNC.

FEET: Seps = Easy pop item from around his spawn, watch for links on the puks,Easy fight can stay out the fight or fight with your pet,Hes pretty squishy so its easy both ways,Only thing to watch for is his sleep,He can have your pet low then decide to sleep then kill your pet then you.As long as your pet is ok its easy.

That completes Your'e +1 =)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ferine +2

HEAD: Turul i found this the easiest for soloing.You have to look around for this NM but hes generally ok to find.Use gooey on this NM and stay out the fight.Nothing more to add really its easy,

BODY: Hedjedjet = Most annoying part of the +2 imo.i soloed this a few times but you need a ***ton of patience and you burn threw food like there going out of fashion,I recommend getting help on this or even getting a Bennu PT,Anyway takes around 30 mins to kill this solo.Sub /BLM and take some form of MP drink etc with you.STUN HELL SCISSORS! this is important and saves using ***tons of reward and you wont get caught with your call-beast on timer.Also a few mulsum wont hurt on this.After 50% he stops hell scissors and uses standard moves etc.Do not fight this with your'e pet stand back because of the poison.

HANDS: = Ironclad Excutioner. POPS Every 15 mins as a pile of rubble on the floor and will aggro you when in range.Stay out the fight and use falcor.anyway easy fight.Sub /nin

LEGS: Iratham = Timed Spawn at 20:00,Simple fight i used falcor and stuck paralyze(Choke Breath) on him everytime i had pettp.Only ability to watch for is shadow wreck and even that is easy,My reward timer had no problem keeping up.Can also have mulsum on back up incase.Stay out of the fight because of his AOE nukes etc.Sub anything.

FEET: Ovni = Times spawn every 15 mins .Stay out of fight and just use falcor or W/E, Really easy fight.

Ferine +2 Completed. =)

If there is anything i made a mistake on etc then feel free to add to this and also my typing sucks so i apologize now lol.

Anyway anyone looking to do there empy good luck and i hope this helps if only in a small way thanks.

Anyone wanting help leave me a PM or /tell me in game Xceptre on Asura server.
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2013-01-29 19:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Arm Cannon heals Faithful Falcorr?
By sceptre 2013-01-29 20:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said: »
Arm Cannon heals Faithful Falcorr?

Yea either that or it was using some form of reduced HP on my pet so that it looked like it was regain it's HP.
Could also be a bug but on arm cannon my pet was going from 30% to like 80%.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-29 20:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Arm Cannon has 50% HP Down attached to it
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-01-29 20:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It was most likely a max HP reduction status effect that makes it look like a health gain because the hp displays health as a percentage.

Beaten (by a lot!)
[+]
By Aeyela 2013-01-29 20:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

sceptre said: »
LEGS: Iratham = Timed Spawn at 20:00,Simple fight i used falcor and stuck paralyze(Choke Breath) on him everytime i had pettp.Only ability to watch for is shadow wreck and even that is easy,My reward timer had no problem keeping up.Can also have mulsum on back up incase.Stay out of the fight because of his AOE nukes etc.Sub anything.

[Citation Needed]

No offense but I have seen exceptionally geared BSTs using all the right Atmas get torn to shreds by Iratham. Shadow Wreck regularly one shots pets, avatars, puppets, whatever because it bypasses all forms of damage reduction - i.e., Ducal Guard is useless against it.

(And to clarify in advance, I base my judgement on your gear on your own comments about farming your Ferine set solo on BST.)

And:

POPS Every 15 mins as a pile of rubble on the floor

lol'd
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-01-29 20:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd recommend Cirein-Croin for leg +2s over Iratham (caturae are ***!). Yeah you have to farm KIs but 1) it's only 2 simple KIs, 2) CC is basically an afk BST fight, and 3) you're guaranteed at least 1 balance jewel with a decent chance at 2.
 Bismarck.Guttler
user: Cole
By Bismarck.Guttler 2013-01-29 21:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Iratham is a chump, just get Atma of Future Fabulous, Ducal Guard, then mix in a regen or Razed ruin and you can solo Ira on BST without breaking a sweat.
By sceptre 2013-01-30 07:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I did not use future or razed for iratham like i said i only recently come back and figured i would post up.

Iratham i used zenith,DG and Stout,

Aeyela said: »

[Citation Needed]

No offense but I have seen exceptionally geared BSTs using all the right Atmas get torn to shreds by Iratham. Shadow Wreck regularly one shots pets, avatars, puppets, whatever because it bypasses all forms of damage reduction - i.e., Ducal Guard is useless against it.

(And to clarify in advance, I base my judgement on your gear on your own comments about farming your Ferine set solo on BST.)

And:

POPS Every 15 mins as a pile of rubble on the floor

lol'd

I really dont no how you see exceptionally geared BST fail to this tho ,For me this was a breeze and also i would not take this over croin because croin takes a while to farm KI and also the fight takes a while,With iratham you can time when he is going to pop and then do other stuff in between and he also for me seemed to drop a +2 item more or less everytime i killed it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Tamian
Server: Leviathan
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2013-01-30 08:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

HEAD: Turul i found this the easiest for soloing.You have to look around for this NM but hes generally ok to find.Use gooey on this NM and stay out the fight.Nothing more to add really its easy,

I have never tried Turul before, but having killed his "cousin" Amhuluk several times with dipperyuly (wind resist) I was thinking on doing the same with the big guy. Why would falcor or Gooey do better?

I will try turul tonight. Need seals and wouldn't mind if Loki drops.

I really dont no how you see exceptionally geared BST fail to this tho ,For me this was a breeze and also i would not take this over croin because croin takes a while to farm KI and also the fight takes a while,With iratham you can time when he is going to pop and then do other stuff in between and he also for me seemed to drop a +2 item more or less everytime i killed it.

I am with Pleebo here. Farming the KIs for CC can take you as low as 30 mins if you are lucky, 45-60 with really bad luck specially from that damn heqet. Why wait a day when you can get 2-4 jewels within two hours?
 Asura.Jkun
Server: Asura
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2013-01-30 08:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tamian said: »
I have never tried Turul before, but having killed his "cousin" Amhuluk several times with dipperyuly (wind resist) I was thinking on doing the same with the big guy. Why would falcor or Gooey do better?

Turul seems to favor thunder element nukes so Gerard's MDB is overall better for standard RR/MC/DG soloing. And you definitely don't want Yuli to TA when/if he manages to put Shock Spikes up (it's not overly dangerous to melee with pet and stun self-cast thunder V with lv5 Stutter+VF, but I only did that to speed up the kills).
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2013-01-30 08:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jkun said: »

Turul seems to favor thunder element nukes so Gerard's MDB is overall better for standard RR/MC/DG soloing. And you definitely don't want Yuli to TA when/if he manages to put Shock Spikes up (it's not overly dangerous to melee with pet and stun self-cast thunder V with lv5 Stutter+VF, but I only did that to speed up the kills).

So you would favor Gooey over falcor? Even if that means you lose the TH trait?
By sceptre 2013-01-30 08:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jkun said: »

Use gooey for better magic resistance, You can also use falcor but i found i was using up more meds etc with him.
Gooey makes turul a joke for real.
As for the CC i dunno i mean i went with Hedjedjet because it was on a 15m pop and i also went to check Bennu between windows and joined parties if i could.
i guess im just lazy but i did not wanna farm KI for a hour then spend 30mins+ killing CC when Hedjedjet was there every 15mins and took 30mins,even with the chance at a extra drop its very rare on bst with no proc.So i just went that way.
 Asura.Jkun
Server: Asura
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2013-01-30 08:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If money is not an issue and you do want TH1 on it, just wait until <5% HP and kill using Yuli/Falcorr.
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2013-01-30 08:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the CC i dunno i mean i went with Hedjedjet because it was on a 15m pop and i also went to check Bennu between windows and joined parties if i could.
i guess im just lazy but i did not wanna farm KI for a hour then spend 30mins+ killing CC when Hedjedjet was there every 15mins and took 30mins,even with the chance at a extra drop its very rare on bst with no proc.So i just went that way.

I thought we were talking about Iratham vs CC here... As far as Hedjedjet, he is an *** and you will probably end up spending half or a full stack of pet food and/or several pets.

For the Cards of ardor I am just taking my time and getting them with sobek while I get the 50 skins
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-01-30 09:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

card of ardor you can get easy from alfard park your pet behind him and whack em in the junk till he dies
[+]
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2013-01-30 09:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
card of ardor you can get easy from alfard park your pet behind him and whack em in the junk till he dies

In this case, i think that it is too much for a BST to solo 4 NMs, hope to get the KI on the first kill on all of them, and then solo Alfard to get maybe 1-2 cards. I am glad I am doing Sobek at the moment because I doubt I would take the time to do Alfard.
By Xilk 2013-01-30 19:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hedjedjet isn't so bad in a duo w a smn. The hate free nuking keeps it controlled and a lot faster, so you don't need so much pet food. She can be solo'd but its long and boring. Alfard is a much more fun fight, not as tedious, but a good chance at a fail if you mess up and you can melee along so it only takes maybe 15 min max.

Irathram, cc, alfard and turul really are not bad fights for a BST.

If the 'exceptionally well-geared' BST got ripped up by irathram, then he came to the fight w/ the wrong atma.

Atma > gear by along shot in abbysea.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-01-30 19:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yuly can take down Turul just fine even using solely DD atmas to speed it up. Use DG if you wanna be a bit more on the safe side. Just make sure it's not Lightningday (made that mistake once D:).

Loading up on defensive atmas makes fights just drag out sometimes unneccessarily. MC is pretty much a wasted atma slot.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-01-31 12:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

[Citation Needed]

I've got a decent pet set on BST, and Iratham is a very easy fight. The last time I did him, used Falcorr with DG/RR/GH, and two pet foods. It took just over 10 minutes. Not sure why people are saying Mounted Champion (which you should never use on BST at 99, I agree) or Future Fabulous. Keep your pet's HP below half and you're fine.

On the other hand, for someone who doesn't have a good pet set, C-C is no doubt easier. That's a very simple fight for BST, SMN, or PUP. Getting Heqet's KI is the hardest part.

I'd rather fight Turul on BST than anything else. The thing I hate about that fight on other jobs is the shock spikes and the knockback. Knockback doesn't really affect pets in the same way, and Dipper/Falcorr usually resist the spikes and most of his other spells.

Hedjedjet I've duo'ed with my wife's pup. It takes a ton of pet food and repair oils; very irritating fight. Bennu is a better way to get cards. Use Dipper. It will take some pet food; Bennu hits pretty hard.
[+]
 Sylph.Azarus
By Sylph.Azarus 2013-01-31 23:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

To follow up on the Apademak topic from earlier, I went and did it again, but recorded it this time for anyone who'd like to see a demonstration. Best watched in 360/480p if you're interested in the chat log :x. Enjoy!

Link:
Apademak BST Solo
 Sylph.Azarus
By Sylph.Azarus 2013-02-10 15:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Damonz said: »
Anyone soloed Empousa? and if so strat?
I haven't tried but I would think gooey with DG/MC/RR should be able to take him pretty easy, could always use 2 regen atma if you think he'll be that much trouble, but the fight will take forever and a day that way.

Well, I'd be intrigued to see how that goes. Avatars natively take less damage than pets and my Garuda got torn to pieces as soon as Empousa went airborne. She was losing 10-20% of her health with every Dark Orb or whatever it's called. Being able to resummon immediately did nothing in this battle because she'd just die again and again and eventually Empousa would manage to kill me.

I can't see BST doing better, worse perhaps because of the Call Beast timer. I'm pretty sure two pets will die in <5 mins... It'll take a lot of Mulsums to win this one.

To tie up loose ends with the Empousa topic, I decided to go for it; prior to this I had only ever bothered killing it with a standard DD + WHM + yellow proc job(s), or holding it as BST with a zombie DD for getting the Breeze Belt.

To win as a solo BST you need to optimize the conditions under which you engage. To take him out in a reasonable amount of time and without needing Dawn Mulsums, you need to go BST/WHM for cures, shell2, and MDB trait; the MDB is important for reducing the damage done by Dark Orb and Dark Mist. As for what pet to use, Discreet Louise is the way to go in order to save yourself from pumping Mulsums. DL is actually a better tank for this fight than Gooey Gerard who will take more damage from Dark Mist/Orb, as I experimented with both pets before deciding to engage with DL. DL seemed to take 30% less damage from DM/DO than Gooey. For Atma, I went with Razed Ruin, Sea Daughter, Ducal Guard. I engaged during daytime to benefit from SD Regen which is more potent than Empousa's Bio. SD Regain ensured I wouldnt have to feed Empousa more HP on the way up to 100 TP while it was flying. Time your WS's during Empousa's TP moves while it's flying; make sure you understand how his passive traits work in flying mode. The fastest way to get him out of the air is to do damage.

Basically, you need to be aggressive. Between /WHM, Cures, and some basic temps, you should be able to near-fulltime melee Empousa.

I recorded and laid out the strategy here(~10 min fight): Empousa BST Solo. Enjoy!
[+]
By sceptre 2013-02-11 12:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Azarus said: »
Shiva.Damonz said: »
Anyone soloed Empousa? and if so strat?
I haven't tried but I would think gooey with DG/MC/RR should be able to take him pretty easy, could always use 2 regen atma if you think he'll be that much trouble, but the fight will take forever and a day that way.

Well, I'd be intrigued to see how that goes. Avatars natively take less damage than pets and my Garuda got torn to pieces as soon as Empousa went airborne. She was losing 10-20% of her health with every Dark Orb or whatever it's called. Being able to resummon immediately did nothing in this battle because she'd just die again and again and eventually Empousa would manage to kill me.

I can't see BST doing better, worse perhaps because of the Call Beast timer. I'm pretty sure two pets will die in <5 mins... It'll take a lot of Mulsums to win this one.

To tie up loose ends with the Empousa topic, I decided to go for it; prior to this I had only ever bothered killing it with a standard DD + WHM + yellow proc job(s), or holding it as BST with a zombie DD for getting the Breeze Belt.

To win as a solo BST you need to optimize the conditions under which you engage. To take him out in a reasonable amount of time and without needing Dawn Mulsums, you need to go BST/WHM for cures, shell2, and MDB trait; the MDB is important for reducing the damage done by Dark Orb and Dark Mist. As for what pet to use, Discreet Louise is the way to go in order to save yourself from pumping Mulsums. DL is actually a better tank for this fight than Gooey Gerard who will take more damage from Dark Mist/Orb, as I experimented with both pets before deciding to engage with DL. DL seemed to take 30% less damage from DM/DO than Gooey. For Atma, I went with Razed Ruin, Sea Daughter, Ducal Guard. I engaged during daytime to benefit from SD Regen which is more potent than Empousa's Bio. SD Regain ensured I wouldnt have to feed Empousa more HP on the way up to 100 TP while it was flying. Time your WS's during Empousa's TP moves while it's flying; make sure you understand how his passive traits work in flying mode. The fastest way to get him out of the air is to do damage.

Basically, you need to be aggressive. Between /WHM, Cures, and some basic temps, you should be able to near-fulltime melee Empousa.

I recorded and laid out the strategy here(~10 min fight): Empousa BST Solo. Enjoy!

Nice job , Well done.
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 28 29 30