First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 28 29 30
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-19 15:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Binckry said: »
I'm not sure if it was done (Cause I'm lazy and don't want to check all 22~ pages. :< But can BST solo Orthrus? If so, what pets and atmas?

It was posted on this page:

Quote:
Did Orthos and his KI NM. Just bring dawns incase things go wrong. Atmas were DG,RR, and Vis. I used gooey . Seems to resist fire.
By Zephin 2012-06-19 15:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

edit :
i'm to slow
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-19 15:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

o. gotcha. thanks. lol
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2012-06-25 08:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jailer of Fortitude soloable? please include strats if it is :)
By Thinblade 2012-06-25 08:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Jailer of Fortitude soloable? please include strats if it is :)

Yes, but it's slow and you may end up using lots of biscuits.

Firstly note that you will want some form of elemental WS to perform, I used Aeolian Edge (dagger).

BST/DNC with an evasion/haste build to start using PDT- axes for pet. Pop Fort and set pet on him (I recommend Falcorr to make this faster) and begin slashing at the Ghrah pets. Take note that the enmity of these pets seems dependent on the form; If I recall, ball form will assist the Jailer, Spider form will attack you (may have been the other way around). They went down fairly quickly with little trouble, but using curing waltz will incurr the Jailer's attention because of the minimal damage output from the pet. Simply snarl and use Waltz in moderation, take some meds if you're unsure.

After the ads are dead, swap in your dagger ensue to melee the Jailer with your pet. Use Aeolian Edge whenever you can and Snarl immediately after. When the pet has TP, use Choke Breath which will usually do around 150-400 damage. Because of the need to reward fairly often, this can take a while (usually around 30-40 minutes).

I'm not sure what to compare this to. Perhaps other pets might warrant a greater WS arsenal with which to do elemental damage, but this Jailer still hits pretty hard so an evasive pet is handy.
 Sylph.Penfoldio
user: Penfold
By Sylph.Penfoldio 2012-06-30 15:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure it's no surprise to anyone but the final WotG fight is easily soloable. I used Gorefang fighting at the door the whole time, Razor Fang when available and I used 3 mulsums and 3 thetas during the whole fight. It was a lot harder getting up to the Throne Room [S} solo for one of the final CS's than the last fight
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-07-10 11:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed that no one listed Resheph as being BST soloable? I duo'ed it last week twice (PUP + BST, PUP + SMN) and it's a simple SMN solo. I'll have to give it a try on BST, I assume that it would be do-able with some luck (run after hate reset, Call Beast if he gets lucky and kills Dipper with melee attack after taking her to 1 HP).

The only thing that sucks about the fight is that Tarsal Slam ignores all DT :\
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-07-10 11:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Penfoldio said: »
I'm sure it's no surprise to anyone but the final WotG fight is easily soloable. I used Gorefang fighting at the door the whole time, Razor Fang when available and I used 3 mulsums and 3 thetas during the whole fight. It was a lot harder getting up to the Throne Room [S} solo for one of the final CS's than the last fight
Did it naked with only 8 Pet food Zeta and Nazuna.

Very easy fight.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-07-10 13:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Are Medusa,Gurfurlur the Menacing,or Gulool Ja Ja soloable by a BST?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-10 13:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Sylph.Penfoldio said: »
Did it naked with only 8 Pet food Zeta and Nazuna.

Very easy fight.
Did this also, using Gerard.
 Bahamut.Darkbahamut
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Darkbahamut 2012-07-23 17:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

For early Bird Cathes the Wyrm. Wondering how a SCH + BST would fair? or would smn + bst be a better bet?
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-23 17:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be pretty trivial for the duo, but make sure that the SCH is prepared to eat some damage while it's up in the air, because the BST won't be able to bring it down.
 Bahamut.Darkbahamut
By Bahamut.Darkbahamut 2012-07-23 17:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Should be pretty trivial for the duo, but make sure that the SCH is prepared to eat some damage while it's up in the air, because the BST won't be able to bring it down.

Yah that's been my concern is the SCH dieing. Was trying to think of a safe duo combo. Unfortunately, I don't have PLD leveled on either job.

Well I suppose I'll try it out...
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-23 17:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

For simplicity, just have the BST go /DNC to heal themselves and snarl all of the enmity on their pet, that way the SCH is starting fresh when they begin bringing it out of the air.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-07-23 17:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Darkbahamut said: »
For early Bird Cathes the Wyrm. Wondering how a SCH + BST would fair? or would smn + bst be a better bet?

I tried bst + blm and it didnt work, the blm just took too much hate before it came down.
 Asura.Bitesized
Server: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2012-07-23 17:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »

I tried bst + blm and it didnt work, the blm just took too much hate before it came down.

Even using Emnity Douse? How close to 33% did you get it?
 Bahamut.Darkbahamut
By Bahamut.Darkbahamut 2012-07-23 18:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
For simplicity, just have the BST go /DNC to heal themselves and snarl all of the enmity on their pet, that way the SCH is starting fresh when they begin bringing it out of the air.

Ridiculously easy duo. Thanks for the tips.

SCH ionohelix didnt even pull hate off the slug. finished in 15 minutes. Could have finished faster but was being a little cautious on nukes. :) Used ebullience thunder5 to pull the dragon down. regen5 i was basically able to blood tank the thing using very little MDB and -MDT gear on my sch
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2012-07-25 11:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH ionohelix didnt even pull hate off the slug. finished in 15 minutes. Could have finished faster but was being a little cautious on nukes. :) Used ebullience thunder5 to pull the dragon down. regen5 i was basically able to blood tank the thing using very little MDB and -MDT gear on my sch

SCH can actually solo the fight pretty easily anyways.
 Bahamut.Darkbahamut
By Bahamut.Darkbahamut 2012-07-25 11:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said: »

SCH can actually solo the fight pretty easily anyways.

Didn't have access to my SCHs 2hr at the time, nor would I want to when I can dbox with no 2hrs. Sick slug on it have BST on paw spaming Ruinator > snarl. and SCH nuking made for a pretty fast easy fight.

Also. I can't seem to land MV on it to save my life.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-25 17:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I going to try this out. Needs more honey whine!!
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-25 17:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Would like to add Yannei and Sippoy to this list. Just bring a few dawns to out last curse. Only trouble I had with both was when I got careless meleeing.
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-07-25 18:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bitesized said: »
Bahamut.Zangada said: »

Even using Emnity Douse? How close to 33% did you get it?

Yes he used emnity douse, i dont remember exctally but it was around 45%. Once u wipe it will go back to 100% and start flying once u engage. We thought mabye if we kept dmg it would equal the total need to land it but that didnt work.
 Bismarck.Reyke
user: reyke
By Bismarck.Reyke 2012-07-28 10:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What are some good atmas to use when soloing NM in abyssea?
[+]
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
Server: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2012-07-28 11:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Reyke said: »

The usual two is Ducal Guard and Razed Ruins with the third being upto you.

Personally if it's a heavy magic caster I use Future Fabulous, otherwise Mounted Champion.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-28 11:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't you use Heel to turn the pet before Eternal Damnation goes off? It's been forever since I've fought him, so I don't remember 100% if his works differently than normal, but I don't think it does.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-07-28 11:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It does work, soon as heel is hit your pet avoids it. even if it appears to not have turned fast enough, your pet goes un effected
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2012-07-28 12:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
This has me curious if any of the items we've got that cure ailments would cure doom, like poultrice or relic +2 body

Tested this out (and I assume you meant Pet Roborant), and was unable to remove Doom effect from Aestutaur with either. ; ;
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-07-28 14:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Reyke said: »

I usually use Ducal Guard, Razed Ruins, and Gnarled Horn. To me, the regen atma isn't worth the slot over GH, which adds evasion, Subtle Blow, and crit rate. There isn't much in Abyssea where I have to ride my reward timer anymore. For a few fights you'll want a magic defense atma.
 Asura.Bitesized
Server: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2012-07-30 22:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
I noticed that no one listed Resheph as being BST soloable? I duo'ed it last week twice (PUP + BST, PUP + SMN) and it's a simple SMN solo. I'll have to give it a try on BST, I assume that it would be do-able with some luck (run after hate reset, Call Beast if he gets lucky and kills Dipper with melee attack after taking her to 1 HP).

The only thing that sucks about the fight is that Tarsal Slam ignores all DT :\

Yes I've done this a few times. Just make sure to have a decent amount of Mulsums on you. You can melee some too if your careful with snarl. There is a decent sized rock you can kite him around if you need to as well. Its important however if you have to kite him so that he doesn't get close enough to you for his gravity aura to hit you.

Anyhow just make sure you have lots of mulsums.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 28 29 30